Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once Upon A Tale

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Once Upon A Tale - Page 2 Empty Re: Once Upon A Tale

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Once Arthur ran out of bathroom, Alfred finished washing himself up, rid of the dirt on him. He sighed. He should be used to that. Living with other farm boy there not a lot of privacy, so being naked around them didn’t bothered. But why did it around Arthur?

He got out of the tub, dried his body with a towel and put his clothe back on. Well shirt only half button up. Alfred went down to look for Arthur, finding him spacing out, thinking. “Arthur?”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:34 am

He turned around, face passive. You can do this, he thought. "Alfred. I'm terribly sorry for walking into you like that - that was highly improper." His eyes were drawn to the patch of skin revealed by the half-buttoned shirt and he gulped audibly. "W-well, you can sleep in my bed for the meantime," he added, looking down into his cup of tea. I'll take the sofa."

((orz I don't know QAQ))

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:29 pm

“I-It’s okay. I was having a nightmare…again. I guessed I screamed.” Alfred sighed. Two nightmares on the same day, he didn’t want to go to sleep again. Plus he remembered them, which made it worst. Maybe…? “A-Arthur, c-can we share the bed just for tonight. I’ll proctect you if a villager come in and trys to harm you.”

Ok, it a risk. Plus it strange since they just met today, but he wanted a dreamless sleep. He hoped that maybe being with someone while he slept will help. It did with mother.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:46 pm

He narrowed his eyes at the statement, but didn't press any further. "Do you want some tea? Chamomile is great for soothing nerves. Or if you want I can try to brew some sort of draught for you..." He took a sip of his own tea, sighing blissfully.

Wait. What? Arthur gaped at Alfred, facade forgotten and uncomprehending. The likelihood of a villager intruding was extremely unlikely with the amount of wards he had set up all over the place but still... "I really doubt that the villagers will attempt anything, but if you insist..." He trailed off uncertainly.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:40 pm

“T-Thank you Arthur,” Alfred hugged him without thinking. He pulled back with a nervous grin, sat down and waited for Arthur. “Nah, its kind of late for tea, but thank anyways.”

He didn’t want to say this, he didn’t like tea. His adopted mother tried to get him to drink tea a few times before, never successful. Shortly as the sandy blonde finished his tea, Alfred stood up swiftly, waiting for Arthur to go to the bedroom, him following.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 am

Arthur lifted one heavy eyebrow. "If you say so." He quickly finished up his tea and left the cup and saucer in the sink. "Well, let's go." He led Alfred to the bedroom, opening the door and gestured for him to go inside. "You can go to sleep first - I still have to bathe, I'm afraid. It'll only take a short while, so."

He went into the bathroom and refilled the tub with water, tapping it yet again to reheat it. He undressed and got in, musing to himself. Alfred isn't making this any easier for me, he thought. He sunk in lower, thoughts drifting to his master. If his master was here... What would he do...?

The water cooled down and he got out. Stiff an upper lip, he decided, he could still do this. He redressed, emptied the tub and went back to the bedroom.

He really hoped nothing drastic would happen tomorrow.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Alfred laid in the bed, waiting. He couldn’t sleep yet; he wanted Arthur here near before he slept. He thought of back home. Closing his eyes, he imagined lying in the hay, smelling it. He kind of missed the smell.

When Arthur came back in the room, he kept his eye shut. Should he speak? Alfred did sort of felt bad. Continuing to fake sleeping, waiting for Arthur to sleep before him.

During the night, Alfred moved closer to the sandy blonde man, clinging to him in sleep.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Alfred was already asleep as Arthur entered his bedroom. Well, at least nothing embarrassing could happen now. Arthur slipped in under the duvet, careful to position himself away from Alfred to give both parties ample space. Within minutes, his eyes grew heavy and he fell asleep.

"Alright, Arthur," he said, staring down. "The awesome me has been requested for, so look after our place."

"Yes, master," Arthur felt himself replying. "When will you be back?"

He looked off into the distance, seeing something Arthur could not see. "I don't know. It's quite far this time, even for myself. But it should be a year or so, so I'll be back before you can say 'I'm awesome'. Which I am, of course."

Arthur nodded. "Don't worry, master. By the time you come back, I'll have scones and wurst waiting for you."

"Err... No need for the scones. The awesome me will just eat the wurst."

Arthur's eyes shot open.

It had been more than a year since he last saw his master - in fact, three. He had no idea where he went, no idea how to contact him and no way of getting news about him. His master could be dead or missing for all he knew and he would still be waiting with scones (they were nice, even if he didn't want it!) and wurst.

Arthur shook his head and tried to get up to no avail. Wait... When did Alfred move closer...? With a yelp, Arthur shot out of bed and tumbled onto the floor ungracefully.

He hoped Alfred have not waken up.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:53 pm

No nightmares had haunted him when he slept. A dreamless night. Alfred woke up to the feeling something moving away. His eyes slowly open, still at Arthur’s place. Speaking of which, where is Arthur? He sat up, looking around the room. “Arthur, why are you on the floor?”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:12 am

Darn it, Alfred was awake. In his moment of panic, Arthur snapped at Alfred. "N-none of your business!"

He quickly got up and all but ran out of the room, intent on occupying himself with something distracting. Ah, breakfast sounded wonderful. Even if he was a practicioner of magic, food was extremely dangerous to tamper with or enchant. It was going into his stomach after all, and who knew what the magical residue could do once inside your body.

Half an hour later, platefuls of scones, toasts and fruits were placed onto the table, along with his tea.

"Alfred," he called. "Would you like some breakfast?"

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Alfred blinked confused as Arthur dashed out of the room. What happen? Did he fall of the bed or did he kick the man off? Shortly after, he got out of bed, leaving the room too. He looked around cabin (?), soon stopping at a door that caught his attention. Standing there wonder, he wanted to open and see in it.

Then Arthur called, asking if he wanted breakfast. He ran in the kitchen, “Sure!”

On the table, there was fruit and… some rocks? Alfred sat in a chair and grabbed whatever the black rock was? It smelled burnd, so it’s food. Maybe? He took a bite of it anyway, being very hungry. One bite and he started coughing a bit.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:38 am

Arthur had been on his second scone when Alfred had started coughing. He eyed him over his half-eaten scone, trying to not seem concerned. "Alfred? Did you take too big of a bite?"

He leant over to Alfred's side, pouring a cup of tea for him. "Here, drink this - it'll help it go down. Really, there is no need to rush, it's not as if you're going off any time soon..."

He faltered. Wait... Does this mean Alfred did want to leave already? After they found Tony there was no more reason to stay. He was a traveler after all, and traveler roamed the world for reasons of their own... Arthur laughed nervously. "I'll go check on your horse. I'll be right back. Enjoy your breakfast!"

Thankfully, the Mandrakes were left untouched. However, the same could not be said for the carrot patch - apparently it wasn't enough for the horse to be tethered.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Alfred wanted to say yes, he did take a big bite and no to the tea, but too busy trying to breath. He swallowed the food, coughed once more. Man that tastled horrilbe, worst than that potion. Avioding the rest of burn food, he ate the fruit.

Wait, did Arthur said he’ll check on Tony. Not good. Alfred dashed out to the garden. “Tony? Arthur?”

--

Back at the village, a couple of villager were talking to woman. She had dark brown hair and amber eyes. The woman asked a few question and one of villager pointed the direction to Arthur’s.

Last edited by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 pm

His... Carrots. His precious carrots. He tried to calm down. "This is your guest's horse, you can't skin it and make it into a new couch..."

Suddenly Alfred barged into the garden. Arthur focused on him, willing the fact of his decimated carrot patch away as a distraction. "Alfred? You have finished the breakfast?""

((OTL sorry.))

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:23 pm

“Y-Yes. Thank you.” Alfred rushed over to Tony, taking the reins. “I’m going to take Tony to gaze somewhere. I’ll be back.”

He led his horse to a nice grassy spot in the woods. Petting Tony while gazing, wondering what will happen today. Maybe… Tony pulled him from spacing. The stallion was trying pull Alfred to the dirt road to Caledonia. “H-Hey, what?”
--

Meanwhile at Arthur’s, there was knocking at the entrance.

((it's okay, doing the same thing.))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Knock, knock. Arthur got up, irritated. Why was Alfred back so fast anyway, he was replanting his poor carrots, eaten by that demon spawn of a horse. He strode over to the door, throwing it wide open. "What is it, Alfre-"

A pitchfork was shoved into his face and he paled. It was not Alfred - in fact, it was a village. A village that hated him. He noticed a woman who did not look familiar, but was quickly reminded of the fact that there was a very angry mob of people as they started shouting. Something about burning and stakes.

"Burn the witch at stake!"

Ah, that. "I'm not a witch," he snapped. "I'm a warlock."

This sent the crowd more into an uproar. A little too late, he realized, as the blacksmith and pub master held him down and the carpenter tied his hands around his back. He struggled and cursed and reached for his staff to no avail. It was kicked away as they dragged him bound from his house and towards the village square.

((...tried to spice things up? OTL))

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Tony dragged the farm boy on the ground, “Tony, STOP! We have to go back to Arthur’s.”

Alfred let go of the reins, tumbling in the dirt as Tony shot off. He got up, running after.

“You shouldn’t be distressing about you’re horse, boy.” A voice said. He stopped, quickly rotating to see a demon sitting in a tree. It had dark, filthy skin, red non-human eyes and a tail like a monkey.

Alfred took a footstep back, “W-What do you mean by that? You’re a demon, m-mother says to never trust a demon.”

It laughed, “Listening to your mommy, what a good boy.” Then a enormous smirk. “But you’re not, running away from home. Oh mother must be devastated. Her son is elsewhere, while he doesn’t know that the witch he’s trying to make friends with is in peril.”

His eyes grew large, heels twisted toward back to Arthur’s, running. The door was wide open. Alfred looked everywhere, room, garden. No Arthur.

“Told ya boy, the witch is in danger.” The demon leaned against the door. It came over to the farm boy, putting a hand on his chest and mouth to his ear. “The village took him. They’ll be at village square where he would be burned to death.”

Alfred thought he felt a jolt or something go down him as the demon touched him. He pushed the demon away, running to the village, hoping to save Arthur in time.

--

Waiting for the villagers to gather wood for a huge fire, the woman stood in front of Arthur. “Before you die, I want to ask you a few questions. Where is the boy who saved you yesterday? He has sky blue eye and hair as gold as wheat fields, yes?”

((You're doing awesome, Witchy!))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 pm

He snarled at the woman, uncaring of her gender. When faced with one's death, he did not really think that he could afford to be a gentleman anymore. "And pray tell, why should I tell you? You could have just went up to my door and knocked but, no, you decide to have a village come after me! Don't even think-"

And then she slapped him quickly and asked again. Arthur gritted his teeth. "He left. North, to Raushia. I lied to him that the nearest town was Raushia. He," at this point, Arthur tried to cackle but it came off more as a weak giggle, "believed me, the poor, stupid thing. He should be eaten by that rampant Wendigo by now, rotting as a corpse among the tundra... I wonder if his expression twisted in pain as it tore him apart would be nice to look at?"

Disgust twisted the woman's face up and she slapped Arthur one more time before stepping aside. The wood piled up under the stake he was tied to and the air rife with shouts and the crackling of fire. He closed his eyes, titling his head back and imagined that the crackling was from a fireplace and the shouts from his master cursing at a potion gone wrong...

He refused to open his eyes, and hoped that Alfred would be able to evade the crazy woman. If he was traveling to avoid her, well, he could understand very, very well.

((Thank you~ ))

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Reaching the village, it seemed a ghost town, until reaching village square. Alfred peeked behind a building, examining the crowd. They just lit the wood. No, he can’t be late. He still had time, right? But how? Last time he got beat up for not thinking. If he didn’t think now, he’ll be killed and if he took to long, Arthur will be dead.

Grabbing a nearby blanket, he covered himself, hiding his face. Alfred pushed all the way through the cluster of villagers, behind where Arthur tied to. This idea won’t work, they’ll both probably die, but he’ll chance it anyways. He dashed onto the wood, not feeling the warm of the fire. Quickly, he tried untied the ropes. Got the ropes loosen as he was grabbed by two men, dragged away.

The boy struggled, “ARTHUR! RUN QUICK! SAVE YOURSELF!”

He was forced on his knees on safe ground, ‘cape’ pulled back exposing him. The woman smiled, “There you are, Alfred.”

His eyes widen, “M-M-Mother?!”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 pm

It was getting unbearably hot and Arthur was started to feel tendrils of fear shooting through his murky thoughts. He wondered if he would be able to lay one final death curse upon the village, but that only worked if only one person was in contact with your death...

The bindings on his hands were tugged at and he scowled. It was tight enough, thank you very much, how will burning his hands and body apart from each other be of use? But then it fell away and he stumbled forward, narrowly avoiding the fire and coughing to clear the smoke in his lungs.

The woman was preoccupied with Alfred - why did he save him, the idiot - and the village even more so. So he did what Alfred said to do.

He ran.

He ran back to his cabin, and grabbed ahold of his staff. Why, he thought, should I go back? I'm the most likely to die. Alfred has an issue with that woman. He's just a traveler.

He saved you.

Arthur grabbed the remains of yesterday's potion, took a large gulp and ran for the village, cursing his stupidity.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

“M-Mother, w-why?” Alfred shuddered, frozen in one place by fear.

“To protect you, sweetie. Bring you home from this dreadful place. I thought you were dead after that witch lied to me.” The woman touched his face. Arthur lied where he was?

“NO! I DON’T WANT TO GO BACK!” Mother slapped him.

“You will not talk back to me young man.” She growled.

“I’m nineteen years old. I can take care of myself. I want freedom, ‘mother’ you can’t tell me what do anymore!” Rip! A long, big section of blanket was ripped off. A man stuck part of the piece into Alfred’s mouth, muffing him to be silent and tied the ends behind his head.

“You will come home, Alfred Faegen Jones. You will never escape and see that witch ever again. The villagers will take care of him.” The woman face overflowed with anger. She pointed to another man, standing by. “You, tie him up.”

The man began fasten him up. The farm boy closed his eyes. No, no, no! This can’t be happen. He saved Arthur thinking he was departing to die. Going back to the farm, his ‘prison,’ was worse! A voice laughed, echoing in his head. Maybe I could help? Let’s see deep inside you~

Ba-bump! Alfred muffed a cry of pain. What's happening? Eyes snapped open. Red, his eyes were red, not sky blue. He pushed back, knocking the three men to the ground. Arms pulled a part the ropes, ripping it into pieces. The men stood back up, attacking. He punched them, sending the villages flying. More men came forward to fight.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 am

He hurried towards the rapidly approaching entrance of the town square, where quite a commotion seemed to have built up, judging from the volume of the noise. He hoped Alfred would be fine and quickened his pace.

He skirted the shadows of the alleys and dove behind a number of conveniently situated crates, peeking over to assess the situation. The woman was arguing with the village leader heatedly, their hands flying about in rapid gestures; the fire was left raging as it crept up the stake he was tied to; but where was Alfred?

Then he spotted him. Alfred was fending off a group of villagers with what seemed to be relative ease, sweeping them aside with clumsy but sure movements. He wondered why Alfred didn't simply fight the group of villagers when they first met - then he noticed. Alfred wasn't fending them off.

He was outright attacking them.

Now this was a cause for some alarm. Although they had just met within a span of two days, he was sure Alfred would not simply attack villagers even if they were hostile. It would seem extremely out of sorts. Perhaps there was an outside influence? Arthur narrowed his eyes and began to think of a plan. If he wasn't allowed to kill, then what could he do?

(Why not, some part of his mind whispered. Kill them all, and they'll never bother you. Kill the council if they come to find you. There's nothing stopping you- )

He aimed at fire, still strong and growing, and shouted, "Glacireo!" The flames froze into place as ice hissed and spread over it, forming up to be some deformed ice statue but he could really care less. With that serving as a suitable distraction, he hopped over the crates and sprinted in front of Alfred.

"ALFRED! STOP THIS!" He brought his staff down onto Alfred's head, hoping that the cracking sound was Alfred hitting the floor and not his staff getting broken into half.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Alfred stared at the man who stood in front of him. If he didn’t have anything in his mouth, he would have growled. He fell to the ground when he was hit by the staff, blacking out.

“Get Away From Him!” The woman yelled. The village leader laid on the ground, knocked out cold. The villagers mostly had run away,mainly the women and childred, or either laying on the earth. “What The Hell Did You Do to Him? He Was Never Like This Before! That’s It, I’m Sick And Tired Of Letting These Stupid Villagers Do This!"

She pulled out a small piece of wood from her dress, pointing it at Arthur. “I’m rusty since I give up my magic years ago, but it’s the only way. I’ll kill you and erase Alfred’s memories again."

((ugh, sorry.))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:52 am

"I didn't do anything, I just met him yesterday!" Arthur shouted back. The woman paid him no heed and proceeded to whip out some sort of wooden carving - oh wait. That's a wand.

She knew magic.

He left Alfred to create some reasonable distance between the woman and himself, warily circling her. He was unaware of what brand of magic she specialized in, but he'd rather be safe than sorry and leave some space to attempt any counterattacks with sufficient time.

"Who are you to Alfred, to be controlling his life and erasing his memories like they are nothing to him?" he snarled, brandishing his staff at her. If she killed him, surely the Council would catch and prosecute her, finding Alfred along the way. Unless she could make a reanimated corpse to prevent them from finding about about a solitary witch's death-

She could erase people's memories. What won't stop her from erasing Arthur's existence from everyone's else?

He leveled his staff at her right, where the ice statue was glistening in the sun. "Fuego," he muttered, and the ice began to melt. It wasn't a plan, but it would buy him time to think of one.

((It's fine. I'm having trouble too. ))

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

“I am his guardian!” the woman yelled. “He has no one left but me. His parents, my sister and my husband are all dead! I have to protect him from the demons, fae and witches like you!”

The melted ice made a puddle, soaking her feet. She swore, stepping out of it. Pointing wand toward the direction near Arthur, she thought of the perfect spell. About to say it, her arm was grabbed. It was Alfred. His eyes were sky blue again and filled with confusion.

“Y-You’re a witch,” he said

“Alfred…” Mother looked at him miserably. He pushed her away.

“Stay away from me!” Alfred started walking away from her. She fell on her knees, eyes watering.

“P-Please don’t go. You’re like a son to me.” He ignored her, walking to Arthur. “Please stop, come back. If you leave he’ll find you and make you…”

Blood flowed into her clothes as a claw ran through her chest. Alfred turned; eyes wide with horror like he was visioning one of his nightmares. The claw pulled out, Mother coughing up blood then falling to the ground. Behind her, the demon from the forest licked its claws. “Spoilers~”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next