Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 2

2 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 2  - Page 7 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 2

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 am

Alfred was rather surprised when the door suddenly opened and he nearly fell out but he soon managed to catch himself before he completely fell out. By the time that it took to travel to the flat, he finally was able to sober up just a bit though he was still rather pissed. Instead he nodded and stood up, slowly making his way to the flat though he could barely remember which room he was in. At the moment, it really, really didn't matter. He just wanted to curl up on the couch and sleep.

It took him a bit of time but he finally made his way to the lift and waited for Arthur before pressing his floor number. He soon leant against the wall and sighed softly, remembering their very first night here. Passionately making out, not being able to keep their hands off each other. ...Where had all of that gone?

Ludwig was currently locked in his office (well technically not locked but he was in there and possibly for a long time). He was at the moment looking through a few of the security tapes that he requested from the security guards, wondering if the rumour was true. He had heard about the rumour that Mr Jones and Mr Kirkland were in an affair and he had to confirm that it was true. When Feliciano came in, he couldn't help the small smile on his lips but he just grunted.

"Hallo, Feliciano." He recognised him before continuing through the tapes. So far it seemed to be just them doing work related material.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 2  - Page 7 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 2

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 am

Arthur shut the door behind Alfred and followed him inside. He stared at Alfred at the side of the elevator. He didn’t want this. He loved Alfred, as much as he would never admit it to anyone but himself. All he wanted to do was show Alfred just how much he meant to him. But he couldn’t.

He waited for the elevator doors to re-open and lead the way to Alfred’s flat. Yes, that was right. This was Alfred’s, and not his. No matter how they tried to sugar coat it, this was Alfred’s home and not Arthur’s. Arthur’s home was a long, long way away. He would have to make appointments to look at some of the apartments that he’d seen and liked the look of. They couldn’t carry on like this.

He opened the door to the flat and toed off his shoes. He loosened his tie and removed his jacket. He glanced at Alfred before awkwardly looking away. He put the car keys on the kitchen counter before proceeding further into the flat, maintaining the awkward silence.

“Ve,” was Feliciano’s response as he approached Ludwig. He walked over to stand behind his blonde boyfriend; he placed his hands on Ludwig’s shoulders and squeezed gently. “You’re missing all of the fun, tesoro mio. The ball is amazing. All the dresses look so pretty!” he grinned and leaned forward, resting his head atop of Ludwig’s. “What are you doing here?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:58 am

Alfred had a feeling that Arthur was going to leave him. That he was just going to stand up and leave him and find a better flat alone. Despite everything...he...didn't want him to leave. No matter how many fights they had been in since then or just everything that has been happening to them...he didn't want to go to sleep cold and alone again.

The younger man finally went to sit down at the couch, pulling at his own tie as he finally shifted around so he was instead laying down lengthwise instead. He wanted to say something, to break the awkward silence but he didn't know what to say. He didn't want to say anything that would make Arthur angrier at him. That was just something that he wouldn't be able to deal with. Swallowing thickly, he paused for a moment before hesitantly speaking up.

"Can...I have a drink...?" He questioned. His throat just felt so raw. He wanted to say more, he wanted to apologise to him and confess to him and say he would quit his job just so Arthur could keep his but...but...he couldn't get the words out of his mouth.

Ludwig simply glanced up at Feliciano, glad that the other man at least had fun at the ball. They really didn't strike his fancy so it was no surprise that he wasn't there for such a long time. Only for the professionalism of course. Instead he hummed, admittedly content and happy with Feliciano around but he was still uncomfortable with the rumour.

"I'm looking through the security videos. ...There's...been an rumour going around." He mumbled, not wanting to detail it. Honestly, he hoped that the rumours weren't true. He definitely didn't want to get Arthur in trouble, especially since he was so valuable to the company.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 am

Arthur arched an eyebrow as he shrugged out of his jacket. He didn’t really feel as though Alfred had the right to ask him for anything and he was tempted to tell him to get himself his own damned drink. But he didn’t.

Arthur went straight to the kitchen and got Alfred a glass of water. He returned to his boyfriend. He hesitated for a few moments but he soon sat down, perching on the edge as he held out the glass to Alfred.

“You shouldn’t have drunk so much,” Arthur stated openly, leaving it open to interpretation. “Stupid boy,” he sighed, looking down at the floor.

Feliciano tried not to frown and laughed instead, winding his arms carelessly around Ludwig’s neck (but he made sure to keep them loose). He pressed a kiss to Ludwig’s slicked back hair. He couldn’t let Ludwig find a reason to fire them when their only crime was loving each other. Hopefully the couple wouldn’t have done anything stupid on site.

“Rumours are silly, mi amore. They are only rumours.” He kissed him again. “Come home with me,” he pouted. “We can make pasta and walk your dogs and watch the TV and sing and talk – actually, that reminds me that I need to call Romano. Don’t let me forget,” he cooed, trying to distract him without being to obvious. “Oh! And we could make love, too, you know,” he sounded so carefree about it all. “I’ll even do that thing you like, uh? Luuuudwiiiiiiig~!”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Alfred just thanked Arthur as he grabbed the glass of water, soon slowly sipping it so he could at least sober up just a bit. Soon he curled up on the edge of the couch, leaning against the arm as he just looked at the television. He needed to figure out what to do...how to make this situation better for Arthur. Arthur worked extremely hard for this position, much harder than himself and he really shouldn't be getting fired because of an assistant. That just wasn't any fair.

"I...know..." He murmured softly, finally admitting it. "But...just when I saw you with Ms Goule...you...looked so happy and good with her." He winced at the words. But it was true. He knew he got this suit to look good with Arthur but he certainly didn't seem happy around him. "I...got...so jealous because you came to the ball with me, not her." He looked down at the glass of water.

Alfred hated more than anything to admit that he was jealous but he was. He was extremely jealous. They both knew where their relationship had been going and it wasn't always their fault. Sometimes it was and in fact, most of the time it was but a lot of it was also just by horrible coincidence.

He finally finished the glass of water and placed it on the coffee table, disappointed that it was gone already.

He fucked up. Badly. He wanted to say it again, the confession that has been wanting to come out for about a month or even more now, but it caught in his throat and it frustrated him so much. He wanted to say it but Arthur might reject him. He couldn't handle that rejection, not after he messed up so badly and the other was already angry at him and that so much of their life was at stake. "I...lo--" He started but soon he quieted down, frustrated and angry at himself.

Ludwig sighed softly and pinched the bridge of his nose and while all the ideas sounded tempting, he really needed to check up on the rumour. Though through all of the videos so far, he didn't see even an sign of them doing anything with each other. Though at the same time, these were extremely long videos. He fast forwarded through another video and sighed as he watched another segment.

"Nein, Feliciano. This is very important and whilst it shouldn't be the company's business in seeing our workers' personal relationships, this can still affect the company itself." He wouldn't mind if it was between assistants or the like but Arthur was an important man in the business scheme and it could potentially hurt the company.

"If there are rumours, I have to check." He really, really didn't want to. He was already getting so tired looking from all the videos.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Arthur listened, back straight and hands folded neatly in his lap. He followed Alfred’s gaze to the television, silently. He could… irritatingly, he could understand why his lover was upset. But that didn’t mean that he was any less angry. No, of course not. Alfred had jeopardised both of their careers. That meant that they really would both be separated from one another. Arthur couldn’t bear the thought of being kept apart from Alfred.

He stiffened at the last, hesitant syllables left Alfred’s lips.

“W-what was that last thing, Alfred…?” his green eyes were wide, almost childlike as he tried to conceal the sudden fear that was shooting through his entire body. “Just now, what you said…”

“So boring,” Feliciano sighed heavily and buried his face into the back of Ludwig’s neck now, just enjoying the warmth of his skin against his own. He gave Ludwig another small kiss, on the back of his neck and then pulled away entirely.

“Why does it matter if Signore Kirkland and Alfred were together? We’re in a relationship, too and no one seems to care about that.” He disinterestedly began to look through some papers, trying to entertain himself.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Alfred knew that Arthur wouldn't easily be able to forgive him and he felt stupid for ever thinking for even a moment that he would. He didn't want the other to be angry at him but he knew that he had done something extremely stupid and if this didn't separate them, then it would take a rather long time for Arthur to forgive him. Or at least possibly trust him. If he couldn't even keep their relationship a secret.

Yet he soon glanced back at his lover and he froze up as well, noticing just how stiff Arthur got. Fuck...he...heard him. He didn't hear everything but with the way that he froze up, he possibly had an idea of what he was going to stay. So instead he laughed, scared and nervous.

"W-What? The thing about me being being jealous?"

He was scared of Arthur's reaction. He didn't want to say it...not when despite the other's best efforts...he...still...looked so damned afraid. Alfred's nervousness showed in his eyes and he soon looked away. "H-Haha...I think you're imagining things."

Ludwig gave a frown at that and Feliciano really did have a point but why did he care so much? "Es tut mir leid, Feliciano. But it can affect the company image. I don't want to do this." He admitted. Soon he glanced over at the other man. "And why do you care so much about them?"

Well he knew that Feliciano was a very caring man but he didn't understand why he seemed to be so...protective in a way. As if he was trying to distract him. Finally he stopped on an video, pausing when he saw the two men on the screen share a kiss...and then another stolen kiss from Alfred's side before pulling away and leaving Arthur in the room as he ran an errand for him.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Arthur looked a little hurt at that and slid his gaze away to the front door.

“Of course,” he murmured. “How foolish of me to assume otherwise,” he said, louder. “Fucking hell,” he hung his head in his hands, drawing in a deep and shuddering breath. “Why did you do it? Stupid, stupid, stupid! I knew that this was all a bad idea,” he appeared to be talking to himself.

Feliciano looked up, a little put-off by the question. He fidgeted anxiously. Why did he care so much? HE had no idea. Arthur Kirkland was a stodgy man who continuously treated him like an idiot and Alfred Jones was just another guy with a big, American grin. Why did he care if they were discovered or not?

“Because I want them to be happy, whatever their relationship and… they remind me of us, a little bit.” Admittedly, not a lot but there were qualities in the pair that existed in both Ludwig and Feliciano.

At the screen, he tensed.

“Ah...”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:04 am

Alfred saw the hurt look on Arthur's face and he really couldn't bare it. And to have the other start saying those things. How could he help himself? How could he just hide behind his silence and pretend that what he said wasn't real? He couldn't lie like that.

He knew that Arthur every right to blame him...but...just because he was scared of his reaction didn't mean that the other man didn't have the right to know.

Because he did and he always did.

"...I said I love you." He murmured, feeling his heart pound against his chest. That's why he did it in the end. Love did horrible, stupid things to people and he was just scared that Arthur was going to leave him for his feelings. "...I love you Arthur." He said, voice a bit louder.

Ludwig just paused for a moment, looking at Feliciano. He was angry that Arthur and Alfred let their relationship become so noticed because it would certainly affect company image but he couldn't just get rid of Arthur and Alfred. Well he certainly could get rid of Alfred but he knew it would affect performance on the personal level and of course he couldn't get rid of Arthur considering he was an important part of the company. Even if there was quite a bit of unprofessionalism in all of this.

When he saw the kiss on the screen, he quickly fast forwarded to another video, finally finding a string of videos where they would share a kiss or so but never much else other than that. Though he did see a casual grope here or there (mainly from Arthur's side).
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 am

Arthur froze, falling silent.

His heart rate increased; his throat felt dry. He felt as though he couldn’t breathe. He was happy, he should have been happy? Why wasn’t he happy? Alfred was gorgeous. Alfred was everything that he’d ever wanted. He was so handsome and sweet and just… God. Was he crying? His cheeks felt wet.

He wiped at his eyes frantically, trying not to let Alfred see. He cleared his throat.

“Oh,” he managed, barely. His voice was a little croaky. He was torn between wanting to run and kissing Alfred within an inch of his life. “I thought so…” he breathed and blinked away the tears from his eyes.

Why was he sodding crying?!

“Alfred…” he started and then tensed up again. What could he say? He had no idea. He swallowed thickly and stared at his boyfriend, emerald eyes still shimmering in the light.

Feliciano was beginning to feel increasingly less comfortable as Ludwig sped through the tapes. Clearly, he had started from the beginning of Arthur’s employment and following events in chronological order.

“Ludwig, stop! This feels so wrong,” he whined. “Just leave them be. There’s nothing wrong with kissing. I kiss you all the time!”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:30 am

Alfred felt his breath hitch in his throat when he saw Arthur's reaction and at first he wanted to say it was just a joke. Though he couldn't do that to Arthur and he certainly couldn't lie about it now. He knew that he messed things up but he risked reaching forward and holding Arthur close against his body, refusing to let him go.

"I'm so sorry...Arthur. For everything." He murmured, closing his own eyes as the tears that have been wanting to let go for so long finally began to prick the corner of his eyes.

He held Arthur even closer.

"I'm so sorry...I...can't just stop loving you and I messed up so fucking badly and fuck..." He mumbled, mouth running at almost a hundred miles per second.

"Please don't cry. God...Arthur...please don't cry."

He was supposed to be the strong one here so why couldn't he stop crying also?

Ludwig hesitated as he heard Feliciano's sudden reply and he frowned. He was obligated to look through for more evidence but just how his own lover was acting. He certainly was large on professionalism but...when his lover was like this. He couldn't dare continue around his presence.

He couldn't just leave this situation be but for right now.

"Fine... That's enough for tonight." He murmured, turning off the screen.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:42 am

Arthur just let Alfred hold him and in fact wound his arms around his lover’s neck, keeping him close. He sniffled a little, feeling increasingly more pathetic. It had been a very long time since someone had said those three little words to him. Perhaps that was why he was crying? Maybe he wasn’t actually upset, but it was painful to hear something and be reminded about how long it had been? His parents didn’t love him, neither did Peter, nor his cousins. No one in the world apart from Alfred loved him and Alfred was exactly what Arthur had always dreamed of having.

Alfred loved him. Alfred F. Jones loved the scrawny, big-nosed, large-eyebrowed, pedantic twat that was Arthur Kirkland. The thought made Arthur shudder out a muffled sob.

“Alfred… ugh, you’re such an idiot, Alfred. Stupid bloody moron.” He mumbled into the fabric of Alfred’s shirt. “Stupid…” he didn’t really think about what he was doing as he reached up and held Alfred’s face in his hands, and he kissed him.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:53 am

Alfred was glad that at least he wasn't pushed away though he wasn't sure if Arthur could actually push him away in this state. Instead he just held Arthur closer and allowed him to cry against his shirt. He really couldn't help his own tears as well and in fact, he didn't try to hold them back. Instead he let them spill as he sniffed a bit also and it really looked a bit pathetic but he didn't care.

Of course he loved Arthur. Arthur was probably one of the loneliest men in New York City but Alfred wanted to give him a chance at love. Because no matter how loveable he may have been, he fell for the quiet man who loved reading books and drinking tea. He fell for the lonely man who seemed so untouchable yet had one of the most beautiful smiles in the world.

Alfred fell in love with everything about Arthur Kirkland.

As Arthur reached up and kissed him, all Alfred could do was hold him close and kiss him back. He didn't know what they were doing, what he was doing, but...

He was still a stupid, foolish, idiotic man who was in love.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 am

Arthur pressed up against him, prolonging the kiss for as long as he could. Eventually, however, he had to breathe. He broke the kiss but lingered near Alfred’s face. He pursed his lips and sighed; his cheeks felt wet from tears.

“My beautiful boy,” he murmured, fingers curling upwards into Alfred’s hair as he kissed him slowly now. He never wanted to let go, he never wanted to leave this spot. Let the years go past. Let Alfred go bald, let Arthur get grey and old – all he wanted was to stay there forever, in his arms.

He wanted to re-iterate what Alfred had said, and also confess but he had a feeling that Alfred already knew. Just because Arthur was unable to admit it aloud, it didn’t mean that he didn’t feel it. He wanted Alfred to know, even if he could only express it physically. His love was there. It was in the way he made coffee for Alfred in the mornings, the way that he looked at him, that honest smile on his face – the love was there. And God, how he was so utterly in love with him.

He never wanted this feeling to end.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:20 am

Alfred let the kiss prolong as long as he could and soon he pulled away, breath soft as he tried to regain his breath. His own tears felt wet from tears but he just gave him a slight smile as Arthur curled his fingers up into his golden hair. It was the first time he smiled since after the ball and it felt so nice. Even if he might not be fully forgiven...at least Arthur didn't push him away when he confessed his feelings.

And even without Arthur returning the words back, he felt as if they were being returned with something much more than just words. He felt that it meant more that Arthur wasn't saying them with words but rather actions because Alfred could feel every bit of it.

Maybe it was his imagination but if it was his imagination, then he would rather be trapped in it forever than to be exposed to cold reality.

Soon Alfred kissed him back again, slow and loving and just never wanting to pull away. He might have been young but there was no doubt in his mind that this was what love was. It felt so different. He knew affection and this was just so much more than just affection.

Alfred closed his eyes, just enjoying the kiss and everything that was behind it.

In the end, he knew that even if Arthur screamed at him or got angry at him or everything went into waste just because of his stupid words he said to people who shouldn't have known...

...That he would still love Arthur. No matter what happened. No matter how stupid he had been. Arthur was who he wanted to be with and he was about ready to give up almost anything he had to keep him.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:33 am

Arthur gently pushed Alfred backwards and climbed atop of him. He adjusted himself to lie comfortably on top of Alfred and continued to kiss him just as sweetly as before. There were no signs of Arthur trying to advance it any further; he just wanted Alfred’s lips against his own.

“Say it again,” he murmured against Alfred’s lips, green eyes looking into blue. This was all so perfect, so wonderful. He was in love and Alfred loved him, too. They were happy. For the first time in years, Arthur felt at peace and didn’t care about anything else in the world.

He was starting to feel incredibly tired, however. His body felt heavy and his head was swimming. He just wanted the blissful intimacy of being curled up with his lover. He gave Alfred’s lips one final kiss and settled himself, head resting on Alfred’s chest quietly.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:41 am

Alfred allowed himself to be pushed backwards and he soon wrapped his arms around the other lightly, trying to get himself comfortable. It was a bit harder on the couch but he finally managed to get comfortable and soon he was more than happy to press back against the kiss once more, just as sweet as the other kisses before. Hearing Arthur say those words against his lips, he couldn't help but smile just a bit more.

"I love you, Arthur. I love you so much." He whispered against his lips, looking back into those wonderful green eyes. Despite everything that happened...in the end...he could say that he was happy. At least he could sleep in bliss tonight, to know that Arthur hadn't pushed him away.

To know that Arthur loved him back.

Returning the one final kiss, Alfred finally pulled away with a soft breath as he closed his eyes. All he wanted to do was just drift off to sleep and keep Arthur on top of him, loving and comforting. The alcohol that he had made him even more tired than usual and soon enough, he began to drift asleep with Arthur in his arms.

And that was what mattered the most.

Ludwig had been searching through the videos over the weekend (of course not without Feliciano's knowledge) and at first he was alright with them. He accepted them with a grudging acceptance though it was definitely something he still had to talk to them about. Yet he soon caught sight of a video that...may have been a bit too much for his eyes. It was dated about three weeks ago and Arthur and Alfred seemed to be having a bit too much fun at the desk. Certainly it was lunch time...but...it was still completely unacceptable.

In fact, such an level of unprofessionalism (and the fact that he had to see everything in the first place) made Ludwig extremely angry. So it definitely was no surprise that the day that Alfred and Arthur came back for work, he had called them both in to meet him in his office.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:50 am

The rest of the weekend had been wonderful for Arthur and Alfred. They had been closer than they had been for a long, long time. They were like a proper couple now, or so it felt like. Arthur felt as though he’d found his one and only, his soulmate. Not that he would tell Alfred that, of course. There was still a chance that they would fall out over work and that they’d both be sacked.

Which was why Arthur was so scared when they were called in to see Ludwig.

Perhaps scared wasn’t the right word. Nervous? Anxious? Terrified? Bricking it? Arthur was paranoid that he was going to lose his job but he was pretty certain that he’d at least be able to defend them, somehow. Arthur had done nothing but good things for the company and Alfred had been a loyal worker for a few years now. If that didn’t mean anything, then what did?

He had led the way to the German’s office and was the first one to go inside.

“You wanted to see us, sir?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 am

Alfred really, really did enjoy the weekend and he didn't want to go back to work. He just wished that he could stay with the other for the rest of his life with that weekend. He didn't want to possibly confront everyone else at work. Not only that but his time with Arthur was just so much better than it had been for a very long time. He couldn't keep his hands off of his lover whether it was by kissing or holding his hand or hugging or even just brushing his fingers along his cheek.

Yet when the weekend finally came to an end, Alfred was extremely nervous, just as nervous as Arthur was. Well maybe not nervous but definitely some emotion that was similar to it. Were they going to get fired or maybe they would be forced to break their relationship apart (though Alfred really didn't think that he could just because of their work).

Despite everything, Alfred followed Arthur into Ludwig's office, looking positively nervous though the moment he stepped in, he tried to look a bit more confident and act as if nothing was wrong.

All of Alfred's hopes of maybe being just a bit paranoid was soon dashed when he saw just how angry the German man was. Fuck.

"Ach Mein Gott!" He immediately started up as soon as Alfred closed the door. It wasn't often that he got angry enough to actually start slipping in some German. "What is wrong with you two!?" He narrowed his eyes, staring them down and raising his voice a bit.

"I recently stumbled upon a video of you both having an love affair right in the middle of Mr Kirkland's office! The workplace is no such place for such lude displays and neither an relationship between an assistant and his boss! Did you both honestly think you wouldn't be caught when there are cameras installed into the office!?" If anything, he was more angry not about the affair itself but the fact that they pretty much had sex in the middle of Arthur's office. That was completely unacceptable at any standard.

"Company image is at stake! What made you think this was an good idea to have such an affair in the slightest bit, Mr Kirkland!?"

Alfred flinched at this though he knew that he had no right to speak up. Not unless he wanted Ludwig to get angrier at him.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 am

Arthur had jumped a little as Ludwig started to shout. He furrowed his brow but stayed silent, letting him shout. They deserved it to an extent, after all. It didn’t look good for the company image at all, particularly when there was still such a large homophobic community in the world.

A love affair? Lewd displays…?

Oh.

Arthur blushed, becoming a deep shade of crimson. His entire body felt unbearably hot. Fuck. Ludwig had seen them… the other week. This was awful. Probably the most humiliating thing that had ever happened to him. Arthur was breathing heavily, flushing horribly. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

When the shouting was directed at him, Arthur held the German’s gaze and tried not to be deterred. He wasn’t going to be scared by some Kraut.

“I was unaware that such recording equipment was in place, sir.” He attempted to keep his voice level and calm. “If I’d had known, then such activities would not have taken place.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 am

Alfred's own cheeks flushed at the mention of the video and he felt like just hiding away so he could live in shame and embarrassment though living at that moment didn't seem that much of an option. Not with how Ludwig was yelling at them. He had no idea what to do. He really, really didn't. He wanted to say something but he was just so scared that something worse would happen because of it.

He had already messed up badly during the ball. He didn't want to mess it up any further.

Ludwig still remained angry and he frowned, not seeming to be entirely convinced about it. "The fact that it had happened in the first place is completely unacceptable, Mr Kirkland! The company cannot risk you having an affair with an assistant!" He directed his gaze at Alfred for a moment before shifting it to the older man.

"There are "rumours" going around that you are in an homosexual affair with your assistant which going on under the Chouchoute name. You messed up badly! The both of you!" Despite all of his yelling, he had no idea what he was going to do with the both of them. "Maybe it would be best if Mr Jones is relocated or dropped of his position."

Alfred felt his breath hitch at that, freezing at the very mention.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 am

“Don’t you dare!” Arthur shouted before he could help himself. Quickly, he drew in a deep breath and continued. “Mr Jones, Alfred, hasn’t done anything wrong. He has been loyal to this company for years prior to my employment. If you want to blame somebody, then please, blame me. If I had been able to keep to Jones’ and my original agreement, there would have been none of this ‘hank-panky’ going on in the workplace.”

He cleared his throat.

“Mr Beilschmidt, I apologize profusely and I ask you to please reconsider. I know for a fact that we aren’t the only ones in this room to have found love whilst working for Chouchoute.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:53 am

Ludwig paused at that, admittedly a bit surprised with Arthur's sudden outburst but he managed to keep himself from slamming his hand on the desk and yelling right back at the other man. Okay, so maybe he could definitely yell back because it was completely out of line for Arthur to say such things but instead he furrowed his eyebrows.

He really, really wasn't happy about this.

"It is his fault as much as it is your fault! Don't try covering for him, Mr Kirkland!" He hesitated for a moment when he heard Arthur mention his own relationship but he quickly recovered. He may have been a bit irrational at the moment but he needed them to know that this was completely unacceptable.

"And that is a completely unrelated point. Mr Jones here is your very own assistant and your relationship with him will only impede you. I cannot trust you both being together! He can easily be replaced. It will better benefit the company."

Alfred quickly jumped in, not being able to help himself. "Sir, please." He started. "Give us one more chance. You say it's an completely unrelated point but...you cannot blame us for falling in love just because of our positions! When has positions ever determined who you were and were not to fall in love with?" He clenched his fists a bit before relaxing them.

"One more chance sir. I can prove to be more of an benefit than an hindrance to Arthu--Mr Kirkland. If it happens again, I'll resign from my position personally. We were careless and we won't let it happen again."

Ludwig hesitated at that, staring down at Alfred and Arthur for a very, very long moment before sighing.

"One more chance. There will be another business trip for Mr Kirkland again. Your chance will be given there in Australia, Mr Jones." With that, he sat down on his desk, still unhappy but more calmed down.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:05 am

Arthur knew that what he had said was out of line, but he had needed to say it. If Ludwig and Feliciano could have happiness, then why couldn’t he and Alfred? Why should they be denied of one another?

When Arthur spoke up, he merely stared at him, a little bemused as it was the first time that Alfred had said anything. Alfred chose his words right, and Arthur was impressed. He had managed to divert the situation (unlike Arthur who had made it worse). The silence from Ludwig was un-nerving until he gave his verdict, which was a pleasant surprise.

“Of course. Thank you, sir,” Arthur bowed his head. “We won’t let you down.”

What would that include though? Alfred would be going to Australia with Arthur. But did it mean that they weren’t allowed to spent their time together in the evenings? How about at breakfast or at the weekend? Were they allowed that? He swallowed thickly and tried not to think about it.

He very much felt like a naughty school boy again, in the headmaster’s office.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am

Alfred couldn't help but sigh a bit in relief when he heard Ludwig's reply. In fact, he was expecting Ludwig to yell at him more but it seemed as the fact that he was willing to give away his position just for the other was satisfaction enough. And also the reassurance that he gave though he knew that they would have to be extremely careful now.

No matter how much he did enjoy his times in the office with Arthur.

"Thank you, sir." He thanked, finally taking a breath of gratitude. Ludwig soon nodded his head towards the door a bit.

"Don't get caught again. You may leave now."

Alfred gave a small smile before soon hurrying out of the office, more than happy to get out. He didn't know what the details of Australia included but he didn't think that it would restrict their weekends or breakfast at least. They could still act like friends at the very least and it wasn't as if the Australians knew about them either. It was like a new slate in a way except they would just have to be extremely careful and not act...too romantic.

Though he knew that it would be hard to keep away from Arthur, especially in Australia of all places and when Ludwig wasn't actually there to keep an eye on them.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next