Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skysong: Where the Ocean and Heavens Meet

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Skysong: Where the Ocean and Heavens Meet - Page 3 Empty Re: Skysong: Where the Ocean and Heavens Meet

Post by Changeling Arthur Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Arthur let Alfred run ahead, smiling slightly at his enthusiasm. The smile quickly turned to a blush and hurriedly averted eyes when the boy had the gall to strip right in front of him.

... So perhaps he peeked a little. Was that a crime?

Suddenly, Alfred jumped off of a rocky outcropping high above the water and landed with a splash. When he didn't resurface, Arthur, forgetting temporarily about Alfred's status as a siren, ran towards the water in a panic. "Alfred, are you all—"

And out from the water leapt Alfred, shirtless, his lower body replaced by a fishlike tail of gemlike scales that shimmered in the sunlight. Arthur sat down, hard.

He watched, awed, as Alfred swam. Somehow, swimming didn't seem to be the right word. It was like he was one with the water, moving with a grace that no land-dweller could ever hope to match. It was the most breathtaking sight Arthur had ever seen.

It was also the most intimidating. He felt horribly clumsy and uncoordinated, and that was just on land. How was he going to look to Alfred flailing about like a child?

Arthur lost the last shreds of his nerve as he watched the siren in the water. There's no bloody way I'm going in there now.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Skysong: Where the Ocean and Heavens Meet - Page 3 Empty Re: Skysong: Where the Ocean and Heavens Meet

Post by Siren Alfred Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

After a few simple tricks, Alfred rolled onto his back and lazily drifted with the ocean's waves. The rocking sensation and the water lapping at his sides had the siren lean his head back, closing his eyes in utter bliss.

He felt the ocean's caress, the soft, salty sigh of her breath, and exhaled, allowing himself to slip further down into the water. This was where he needed to be. This was home.

Alfred thrust his tail and righted himself, treading the water gently. He never had anyone to share this part of his world with before. All of the fae he had considered friendly with him were kin and already knew how indescribably beautiful the ocean was. The fact that Arthur had never even seen the ocean before was a crime in and of itself!

The siren kicked out and swam over to the rocks, getting as close as he possibly could to the jutting terrain and looking up to see Arthur sitting a safe, generous distance away from the edge.

"Artie!" He called, his voice energetic and welcoming. "I won't make you swim if you don't want to, but at least get a little closer and see the beautiful view for yourself!"

This was another lie, but not as harmful as the would "lie" tended to imply. Alfred wanted nothing more than to help Arthur overcome his fear of the water, to hold Arthur close as they two were embraced by his mother ocean.

The sun gently touched the watery horizon, setting the ocean ablaze in liquid fire, and reflecting warm gold on Alfred's scales. At the very least, if Arthur wouldn't agree to swim, perhaps he would find comfort in a beautiful sunset.
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Arthur stubbornly stayed put. "I can see just fine from here!"

And he could. Tearing his eyes away from Alfred for a moment (difficult as it was), he took in the vastness of the ocean, the beauty of the gentle waves turned golden in the sunset. Arthur knew, now, why so many artists painted the ocean. It was beautiful, much more so than the small, murky pond that Arthur had almost been drowned in as a child by his father, leaving him with a lasting fear of water that had resulted in his never learning to swim.

Once again determinedly ignoring those memories, the changeling bit his lip. He knew Alfred desperately wanted him to swim; he could hear it in his voice. But, even putting the childhood trauma aside... "I-it's rather a long way down, isn't it? And the water looks rather deep...."

He glanced down at Alfred, torn, then cautiously walked up to the edge of the cliff face. Looking down, he tried to suppress a tremble of fear — the water looked even deeper and farther down from here. Arthur stood there, shaking slightly, unable to take the plunge.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 am

Alfred listened to Arthur's verbal conflict, his ears perked with interest.

It was as if Arthur was literally standing on the line between the human and fae worlds, and taking that huge step forward would mean never going back to the life as a human.

Alfred had anticipated that, though this was turning into somewhat of a personal challenge for himself as well. He wouldn't use his siren powers to convince Arthur. Somehow, the idea of using an easy trick just seemed wrong.

If Arthur was ever going to fully trust him, Alfred wanted it to be on his own merits.

"Hey, Arthur? Do you... trust me?"
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 am

Trust? Alfred was the only one left that Arthur could trust. But... unwanted and most likely unrequited romantic feelings aside... did he trust him?

Arthur thought back to the time they'd spent together over the last couple of days. Alfred had saved his life when they'd first met, and offered to take him under his wing without a second thought, despite the ludicrous inequality of the so-called partnership. The logical thing to do would have been to ditch Arthur the first chance he got; after all, the changeling was little more than an irritable, bad-tempered dead weight slowing him down. But Alfred hadn't; he'd gone at Arthur's pace, made allowances for him, tried to help him with his lack of knowledge about the new world he'd been thrust into.

And if that wasn't enough, Arthur slowly realised, Alfred... trusts me in return, doesn't he? The siren had told him of his species' weakness without a second thought, and when his water had run out, had quite literally trusted Arthur with his life. The thought made Arthur feel awed (and shocked; why on earth would someone want to trust him?), but most of all ashamed. The siren boy had done so much for him, and here he was refusing a little swim like a coward.

"Of course I trust you," he mumbled, looking down at his feet and cursing that thrice-damned blush that spread across his cheeks before the words were even out of his mouth.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:42 am

Alfred closed his eyes and smiled genuinely, with no hint of playfulness or trickery. Arthur trusted him, and with an "of course" preceding that, as if Alfred shouldn't have felt the need to ask in the first place.

"I'm glad to hear that, Arthur." He said truthfully. "'Cause I want you to know..."

Maybe it was the soothing lull of the water, maybe it was the anticipation of sharing the soon to be star-dappled ocean with Arthur, but Alfred knew right then and there that he wanted nothing more than to keep the changeling safe with him.

The matter of swimming was trivial compared to what awaited the both of them when they returned to the fae capital of the North. Alfred knew if he didn't stand readily at Arthur's side, he would lose him forever, and that realization made the siren's chest tight with pain.

"I'd never do anything to hurt you, Arthur." Alfred said with certainty. He looked up to the changeling and, seeing how flustered he was, felt heat rise in his cheeks as well.
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 am

((I-I CAN'T. THE FLUFF, WAIFU... B'AWWWWW))

Arthur's face flushed an even deeper red. Well. When you put it like that....

The changeling nodded, unable to find the words to respond to such a declaration, and removed his tunic, placing it to the side. He was not going to take off his leggings, no matter how ruined they might get from the seawater. The changeling took a deep breath and walked back up to the edge of the cliff. He looked Alfred in the eyes for a moment, then squeezed them shut and jumped.

Arthur fell through the air, his wings automatically opening and flapping feebly in an instinctive but futile attempt to fly. All too suddenly, he plunged down with a splash and found himself surrounded by water. Panic set in, and the changeling flailed and floundered, choking when some of the salty water entered his mouth.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 am

Alfred immediately moved forward, slipping his arms under Arthur's despite the changeling's wild thrashing. He pulled Arthur close and tried his best to set a good example on how to tread water.

Thank you, Arthur...

"It's okay, I've got you." The siren soothed gently. "You're safe..."

Arthur clung to him as if his very life depended on it, but somehow managed to keep himself afloat, learning from Alfred's example or perhaps just allowing himself to be supported by the siren altogether.

Alfred gave a strong kick and propelled them further out into the ocean, feeling Arthur tense at once. Lucky for Alfred, everything had gone more or less according to plan, and the night's darkness had taken hold of the sky, stars sparking brightly overhead and reflected down on the ocean's surface.

It was one of the most beautiful things Alfred had the pleasure of seeing. It was one thing to be breathlessly watching the sight alone, but with Arthur... it was truly beyond words.

"It's the closest humans and fae can get to the stars." He murmured softly. Alfred slipped one of his hands into Arthur's and gently guided it to the surface of the water, touching the dappled reflections and sending out ripples. "Almost like you can touch them, huh?"

((*passes out due to fluff overload* ♥))
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:54 am

Arthur clung desperately to Alfred, not wanting to fall back into the water. His flaming face refused to cool: the changeling was very aware of the fact that he was currently pressing his own naked torso against the other fae's extraordinarily well-muscled one.

Suddenly, Alfred's tail pumped up and down, hard, and the two shot forward towards deeper water. Arthur gripped tighter. "G-git! Give me some warning next time!"

Then the changeling's breath caught in his throat at the sight of the ocean. He'd never seen the stars from anywhere other than his bedroom window, and now... Alfred was right. It was as if the stars had fallen from the sky and were floating in the water around them, sharing their light with the two fae.

Arthur's mouth opened in awe. He felt a tingling in his hand as it touched the shining star in the water, and he slowly brought it back towards him, half-expecting to see the star's light still clinging to his hand. "Alfred... this is...."

The changeling looked up at the siren holding him, and the words died in his throat. Alfred was smiling softly at him, the look in his eyes so tender and caring that Arthur felt as though he couldn't breathe. The sight of him, shining in the starlight, looking down at Arthur like that....

Slowly, Arthur leaned in towards Alfred, heart racing. His face came closer and closer to the other boy's, and he closed his eyes, moving forward until their lips—

No! Arthur came back to himself with a jolt and jerked his head away, hiding his burning face beneath his hands and internally berating himself. You complete and absolute moron! Now look what you've gone and done! There's no way he won't know, now; and he'll think you're disgusting and strange and want nothing to do with you any more. "I-I'm sorry...." he mumbled from behind his fingers. "You can take me back to shore if you want. I don't know what came over me."
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Alfred could feel his heart beating hard in his chest, seemingly in time with Arthur's.

There was no way Alfred could deny it now- Arthur truly was in love with him. The fact that Alfred was on his very best behavior not to use his siren powers meant that it was Arthur's own feelings at work.

He just barely managed to hear Arthur's flustered apology. His thoughts were racing a mile a minute, just like his heart.

Holding him, protecting him, sharing my world with him... for the life of me, even if I tried, I just... can't let him go. Alfred lifted one of his hands and firmly pulled Arthur's away, his other arm wrapped around his waist. The changeling's eyes were wide, beautiful pools of green fear and anxiety.

Alfred gave an assuring, light hearted smile. "Didn't I already tell you that you're safe?" The siren attempted to chuckle, but nerves had gotten the better of him. Instead, he swallowed hard and leaned forward, softly brushing his lips to Arthur's, his eyes squeezed shut as he hoped for the best.
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:32 am

Arthur froze at the cautious, chaste touch of Alfred's lips on his, his wings stiffening behind him in utter shock and disbelief. His mind had lost all coherency: D-did he just — but he couldn't have — there's no way he —

"A-Alfred," he stuttered, looking up with a wondering expression on his face, "Do you really... I mean, you...." Unable to finish, he trailed off, looking deep into nervous cerulean eyes for the answer that he didn't dare hope would be waiting there.

A shy, sheepish nod, and Arthur felt as though he'd be swept away from the sheer force of his joy at the motion. And then it was as though his body was moving of his own accord, pressing their lips together once more in a deeper, longer kiss, wings fluttering happily. To think that Alfred, Alfred, not only didn't hate him, but somehow felt the same way — it was like something from a dream.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Alfred, still a bit lightheaded from the fact that Arthur initiated a second kiss to begin with, smiled and brought his hand up to gently stroke the changeling's cheek.

"Yeah..." He replied breathlessly when they broke apart. Alfred didn't even need to ask how Arthur had felt in return, between the fanning of his wings and the stars reflected in his eyes. He pulled the changeling close and held him tight, whispering softly into his damp hair. "I love you, Arthur..."

To the siren's surprise, he found himself more relaxed when he said that out loud. He smiled brightly in the starlight and hugged Arthur tight.

"Guess we'd better go back to the shore, huh? Your brain might overload if I try to teach you how to swim on top of all that!" Alfred asked with a cheerful laugh.
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Arthur buried his flushing face in Alfred's neck, breathing in the scent of seawater and beaches and something else that he couldn't name, something he'd call Alfredness if it wasn't a completely silly notion and a horrible mangling of language besides. "I love you too," he mumbled quietly into the warm, tanned skin.

He couldn't help but smile at Alfred's words on top of his deepening flush. "Well... I suppose so."

He hesitated, then let loose with the question that was nearly bursting from his lips. "Alfred... why? Why me?" It felt horribly needy and insecure of him, but Arthur was honestly flabbergasted and terribly confused as to why on earth the siren would want him, of all people.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:29 pm

"Huh?" Alfred stopped swimming towards the shore and looked down at Arthur. It was a good and valid question enough, but putting the answer into words was quite a task. The siren's ears gave a flustered twitch and he gave it an attempt.

"Only if you tell me the same thing~" He didn't give Arthur a chance to object and launched into the best answer he could give. Alfred knew he should be entirely truthful with Arthur at this point, but... not yet.

"You treat me like... someone who isn't important. Yeah, I know that sounds weird, but give me a sec. I already told you that male siren are rare, right? So it sort of goes without saying that I'm treated differently, and I hate that. But from the moment I met you, you've never hesitated to scold me or put me in my place when I'm playing around or not paying attention. The way we talk to each other, too. I can't help thinking we work well off of each other!"

Alfred realized that it all came out in a jumbled rush, like he had wanted to say this sort of thing to Arthur the first day he spent with the changeling. He blushed, thankful that it was dark, though it didn't hide his ears twitching in embarrassment.
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Arthur raised a thick eyebrow and pondered that response. It certainly wasn't what he'd expected. Actually, it was almost... deep.

"I... well.... You... you're always so ridiculously happy and smiley, and... you make me smile, too, as much as I try not to. You saved my life, and you've been nothing but entirely too kind to me ever since, even though I snapped at you and insulted you.... And you're so full of energy and vibrancy and, and life. You're... really quite something, Alfred."

Arthur hid his blushing face once more. "...That was horrendously sappy, wasn't it."
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:34 am

"Just a bit." Alfred kissed Arthur's forehead lightly and set off for the shore again. "But it's a nice thing to hear from you, every now and then."

I hope I can keep making you smile, even for just a little bit longer. Now there was something sappy to say, but Alfred kept it to himself as he neared the rocky shore. He helped Arthur find his foothold on a natural track in the rocks before following behind, then hesitated and pulled back.

With their confession still ringing in his ears, Alfred was aware of how... not clothed he was. He thought back to his actions getting into the water and blushed deeply, sinking himself into the water up to his neck.

"Er... Artie? You think you could pass some of my clothes down here?"
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 am

Arthur flushed further and scrambled up the ledge. "Oh yes, o-of course!" He quickly gathered up Alfred's clothes from where they were strewn about on the rocky outcropping, then threw them down to him, turning around to give the siren some privacy. Feeling his burning cheeks, Arthur wondered if he'd ever be able to get past the awkward blushing and sputtering that seemed to be omnipresent when he was around Alfred.

Suddenly, the changeling felt the oddest sensation; a sort of tingling in his fingers. Confused, he looked down at where his hand was resting on the ground, and gasped, pulling it back in shock. Underneath where the appendage had lain, a patch of fresh, green grass that most definitely had not been before had sprung up. As Arthur watched with wide eyes, a pair of shoots poked up from the middle of the grassy circle and began to grow, winding around each other as their stems grew longer at an abnormal speed.

Arthur gaped. Was this... could this be... magic? His magic? He looked down at his hand, and his eyes nearly popped out of his head; it was shining slightly with an emerald green glow. Arthur had always had an affinity for gardening and plants, but he'd never imagined that it could be supernatural in nature.

The changeling looked up, and his blush returned with full force as he saw what had happened to the plants while he was distracted. In the middle of the grassy patch, a pair of red roses twined together so completely that it looked as though they had only one stem. The blooms, instead of being their typical vaguely circular shape, had taken on forms that looked horrifyingly like.... Arthur gulped. H-hearts.

He quickly stepped in front of the flowers in an attempt to hide them from view, glaring at them furiously. As if the wings and the terribly sap-filled confession weren't enough! The changeling groaned. It seemed as though everything was conspiring against him.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:58 am

Alfred accepted his clothes from the changeling and, once he had returned further back to the shore, hoisted himself out of the water. As water streamed from his body, the siren's tail became legs once again and he gave one a stretch before starting to dress himself.

He couldn't help but trill happily as he finished and stood up, looking over the starry ocean. So this is what love feels like. No wonder sailors are so violent to siren when they aren't bewitched by them. Alfred knew that he'd never be able to express how relieved he was that Arthur didn't think this whole thing was some sort of siren trick. The idea of Arthur hating Alfred instead of loving him made the siren's chest tight with pain.

When he was fully clothed, Alfred returned to where Arthur was sitting, looking in wonder at something on the ground. If possible, he got even more flustered and fidgety when the siren approached, trying to hide whatever it was from view.

"Come on, Artie, lemmie see!" His curiosity piqued, Alfred leaned in close and gave the changeling a quick kiss to the cheek, causing Arthur to pull away in embarrassment and reveal what he had been concealing- a small tangle of two roses, their blooms in the shape of hearts.

"Arthur!" Alfred exclaimed, pulling the changeling close. "That's... that's your magic!" He hugged Arthur tightly and chuckled. "Looks like your magic displays your inner feelings, huh?"

Tense and annoyed, Arthur murmured something insulting, but Alfred didn't care. He looked from the flowers to the ocean and smiled brightly. "It's a great place to plant flowers... since all kinds of new things bloomed tonight, huh?" The siren laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. "Heh, guess you're not the only one feeling sappy tonight!"
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:09 am

Alfred suddenly pecked him on the cheek, and Arthur couldn't help but move away and blush in response, revealing the flowers behind him. How on earth can he be so damned casual about these things?!

He punched the siren (lightly) on the shoulder, glaring. "You manipulative.... I'm not sure which is worse, you, these wings, or this thrice-damned magic." A part of Arthur, the same one that dreamed of one day being able to fly, was overjoyed at his newfound ability, but it was currently largely overshadowed by the extremely embarrassed and irritated part.

Alfred's next words made him only redden further and bury his face in his chest. I swear if he keeps this up, I'm going to pass out from all the blood rushing to my head.... "You're the one who's blooming, idiot," he mumbled. "I hope I get control of these blasted fae abilities soon, or who knows how they'll decide to embarrass me next." He huffed. "With all the sap floating around this place, I'm half-surprised my magic hasn't turned us into trees or something equally ridiculous.

Surreptitiously, he looked at the flowers out of the corner of his eye. He had to admit, the sudden shock of red on green grass on an otherwise grey and rocky outcropping (how on earth had he managed to grow the grass, anyway?) did look nice, especially when combined with the beauty of the star-filled ocean below. He'd be damned if he'd actually say so, of course, but... perhaps this changeling business wasn't all bad.

A sudden thought occurred to him, and he pulled away from Alfred, looking him in the eyes. "Alfred.... Where are you going to go, after this? I'm willing to bet that you didn't break into the manor on the off chance that you'd find a changeling and bring him to the ocean. I'd also wager that you have a home somewhere that you'd probably like to get back to, eventually...." Arthur's last question was unspoken, but echoed in his mind loudest of all: And what's going to happen to me? After all, it wasn't as though he had a home to go back to, not anymore.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 am

Arthur's question was so fragile, as if whether or not the changeling would break depended fully on Alfred's answer. Looking deep into his forest green eyes, Alfred saw pleading emotion that Arthur would never admit.

Is he worried I'll leave him?

The siren shook his head and his expression softened. "What do you mean what 'I'm' doing after this? You're coming with me, right?" He paused just long enough to watch Arthur's eyes brighten and the smallest smile graze his lips.

"Home, huh? Yeah, that sounds about right. Siren usually live near a body of water, but since humans have started taking control of this area during the war, we've been driven out. Most of us now live in the fae capitol. I was thinking of taking you there, not just because I wanted to show you my place, but... well, with you belonging to our world, you're going to have to start living in it sometime too." Alfred paused, drawing in a tentative breath.

There was so much he had to talk to Arthur about, and not just about himself. Alfred put a hand on the changeling's shoulder, his voice unusually serious. "But before I take you there, Arthur, I need to tell you... the Northern Fae Lord, he..." Alfred swallowed hard and tried to steady himself. "He's a dragon who's been living for a very, very long time. He probably hated the humans before the war, which hasn't done any favors to his disposition." He could see Arthur starting to piece things together, being as smart as he was. "Changelings are... well, raised by humans. In fae society, changelings are valued as double agents, and it's that fact and intelligence that protects changelings from the Northern Fae Lord. He may have a grudge against humanity, but he isn't a fool."

In any case, he won't reject Arthur with me being there. Alfred sighed, letting his shoulders slump in relief. He had told Arthur a bit of the truth and that soothed him for now. They could face the rest when they arrived at the fae capitol.
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 am

Arthur attempted to hide his immense relief at Alfred's assurances, but a ghost of a smile still managed to creep its way onto his face. He knew, now, that Alfred returned his feelings, but he hadn't dared to hope that the siren would want to take the changeling back with him.

The fae captitol.... Arthur couldn't help but feel a growing sense of nervousness about the prospect of meeting others of his kind. A wholly different society, with different rules and customs and who knew what else; it was intimidating, to say the least. Furthermore, he doubted that many of them would be nearly as kind to him as Alfred had been, and the siren's next words only confirmed that. "So, if I've got this right, the Northern Fae Lord will hate me on sight, but not kill me off because I'm vaguely useful?" Not terribly different than my childhood, then, he thought with a tinge of dark humour.

Arthur fidgeted uncomfortably as another thought occurred to him. "Er, Alfred, how does fae society feel towards... erm, two men... you know." He gestured to himself and Alfred, to help communicate his meaning on the off chance that that terribly eloquent phrase was too difficult to understand. "Humans are... rather averse to it." It's supposedly a sin, an unthinkable crime, and if you're caught, you and your lover are killed near-instantly after being publicly humiliated and called 'filthy', sometimes even castrated. But if Alfred didn't know that already, there was no need to inform him of the fact.

"And... your family? How do they feel about such things? Are they there, in the capitol?" Nervous butterflies fluttered about in the changeling's stomach at the thought of meeting Alfred's family. Even if they didn't mind that he was a man, would they hate him? Forbid Alfred from seeing him? Threaten to disown him if the two didn't break off their relationship? Arthur's mind was swarming with horrible possibilities and worst-case scenarios.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 pm

"It's more complicated than that. The Northern Fae Lord will tolerate you, just as he does for all changelings that live in the capitol. If he hated changelings out in the open, it would cause tension between the races, and with a changeling representative serving on the Northern Lord's council, that would really make a mess out of things. Just think of it this way- after you meet him, you probably won't need to again unless you become someone important in fae society or the war." Alfred paused and looked off to the side for a second. He was actually envious that Arthur would have less to do with the Northern Fae Lord and not just because of his well known bias towards changelings.

His ears twitched and he returned his sight to Arthur as he asked a question he hadn't really considered before. Alfred thought for a second before answering. "It's not exactly the same with fae society. Love is accepted freely depending on your species. For a siren who desires a lover of her own species, a species of fae that rarely bears males, there's only one option, isn't there?" Alfred hesitated. "It's more of a problem that we aren't the same kind of fae, or at least kin in some sort of nature, like siren and undine. We'll get weird looks and whispers, but the hell if I care what anyone else thinks of me. I know it'll be hard, but just try to avoid kissing me that much in public!"

Alfred laughed, though it instantly died in his throat at mention of his family. His mother, his sisters... and Anya wasn't the only fae his mother had considered for his hand in marriage. The responsibilities and future duties Alfred's family had placed on him weighed so heavily on the siren's shoulders that he shivered, causing the siren to lean forward and cling to Arthur's warmth for support.

"Not yet, Arthur... please, just... one of the things I value about us right now is that you don't know about my family. I promise, as soon as I can, I'll tell you everything you want to know. But for now... can we keep things the way they are without the added annoyance of family politics?"
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am

"I see...." Arthur nodded, taking all of this information in. There was still so much he needed to learn about the world of the fae. "I don't think kissing in front of people will be much of a problem," he said dryly. "I'm not exactly one for public displays of affection, if you haven't noticed by now."

He was surprised when Alfred's mood suddenly dropped to the point where he leaned against Arthur for support. The siren sounded pained at the mere mention of his family. Hesitatingly, he reached up and stroked Alfred's hair, murmuring softly, "Shhh, love, it's all right, we don't have to talk about it. I won't ask any more; you just tell me what you feel comfortable with."

The changeling suddenly realized that he was still very much shirtless and pulled away from Alfred, flushing. He turned to dig in his pack for the ripped shirt, figuring that if Alfred felt safe displaying his ears, he'd wear the ripped shirt until he could find a suitable replacement that let his wings hang free. As he searched through the pack, his bare back was on full display, unknowingly giving Alfred a glimpse of numerous scars and bruises. A few were older, but many were still recent, having come from just before Arthur's escape. Some of the bruises looked as though they'd come from the impact of heavy, blunt objects, and some of the scars looked suspiciously akin to marks from the lashings of a whip.
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Alfred Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 am

Alfred found all of the comfort in the world in Arthur's words and soft touches. This feeling only doubled when he heard the changeling leave the matter of his family behind without another word. He stood back as Arthur moved away in embarrassment, though he wanted nothing more than to keep holding on to him.

This allowed the siren to get a good look at his back, the scars and bruises marring nearly every inch of the exposed skin. A cold chill shot down his spine, not only because whatever had caused such marks had happened to a fellow fae and the person he loved, but because Alfred couldn't imagine what sort of family life Arthur had lived in to earn him such treatment. His parents and caretakers had no idea of Arthur's true identity as a changeling, so why would they allow that level of cruelty?

Alfred could feel the questions burning in his throat, but clamped his jaw shut. Arthur didn't ask me anything when I said I didn't want to talk about my family. I need to do the same for him. He'll tell me when he's ready.

That didn't stop him from throwing his arms over Arthur's shoulders and pulling him into a gentle hug, minding the changeling's squirms in protest and the flustered fluttering of his wings.

When he spoke again, his voice was soft and gentle, asking a request for something to comfort the both of them. "Artie, do you mind... if I sing for you when you go to sleep tonight?"
Siren Alfred
Siren Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Arthur Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Arthur's eyes widened. Sing? He'd heard all-too-brief snippets of Alfred's singing, but never more than a few notes here and there or the occasional hum or trill. And if those few infinitesimal pieces of music had sounded so wondrous alone....

"I'd like that," Arthur responded, softly and slightly shyly. He looked up at the stars. "It is getting rather late... perhaps we should set up camp for the night?"
Changeling Arthur
Changeling Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next