Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOT MY CABBAGES!!!

2 posters

Go down

NOT MY CABBAGES!!! Empty NOT MY CABBAGES!!!

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sun May 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Running down the streets of Republic City during night was not safe. Anyone could attack you any moment, mainly in a gang’s territory and that where Arthur was, in a different gang territory. More specifically, the Triple Threat Triad’s territory. Being in gang, they often engage in turf wars. He was part of the Agni Kai Triad, a gang only made of firebenders and a rival of the Triple Threat.

The Agni Kai always fought for turf in their rival’s area but mostly lost and that what the gang what doing now, losing. Only one firebender still stood fighting while the others ran or were knocked out. That firebender was Arthur and he not giving up. Since he was the only left standing so the members of the Triple Threat horded up on him.

The sandy blonde threw a few fire punches and kicks, taking down some enemies, but it wasn’t much. Earthbenders and waterbenders kept attacking left and right. The only thing that stopped this assault was the sound of the Metalbending Police Force’s siren. Everyone ran for it, especially Arthur. He was lucky that he escaped the metalbenders but he couldn’t run far because of his injuries. In an alley, he stopped there to rest of a little bit, only to past out.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

NOT MY CABBAGES!!! Empty Re: NOT MY CABBAGES!!!

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 pm

When Alfred had set off for Republic City, it was suffice to say that he had a few expectations about his arrival. The expectations had first been laid out when he was waist-tall, that is, Alfred knew he would be welcomed into Republic City with a parade befitting a hero, for anything less for the heroic, brave, and just Alfred F. Jones would simply be rude! After all, Alfred had plenty of time to grow and prove just how much of a hero he could be. When Alfred had gained about a foot in height, his expectations had been lowered a bit. So perhaps the parade wouldn't be followed by fireworks and a yueqin solo by the hero himself. Of course, the latter had been affected by Alfred's lack of... patience with said instrument. (His parents had not been particularly happy about the money wasted on lessons and a decent instrument).

Nevertheless, when Alfred made it to Republic City at the age of 16, his entrance had been nothing like what he had imagined. Few people noted another young kid trying to make his way in the world. Dreams of parades and palaces were replaced by a small two-room apartment around the corner from the herbalist shop he worked at. The roar of the crowd became the roar of satomobiles in the street below. The booms of fireworks turned out to be clashes of nearby triads and gangs. Which brought Alfred to his current situation...

The 19 year old was currently locked up in a shop and avoiding the turf war a few blocks away (thankfully in the direction opposite of his house- though he was not always so lucky). The master of the shop had long since left for home, and had entrusted closing up the shop to his teenage apprentice. At the time, Alfred had been glad to be entrusted with such authority, but now that he was sitting under the counter with his dinner of rice balls and hoping that the benders didn't move closer or take interest in his shop, well, things weren't seeming so brilliant.

Alfred was relieved to hear the siren- it meant that the fight would soon be broken up and Alfred could properly close up shop and head home. Perhaps he'd put on some tea and then listen to the cheap little radio he had purchased after saving up for half a year. It was certainly worth it, though it did get hard to avoid the pro-bending match broadcasts. Alfred waited the usual twenty minutes (a guesstimation from his experience) for both the metalbenders and gang members to scatter before standing up and cleaning up shop. Soon, he only had to take out the trash before locking up the shop.

Alfred put the wrappings of the riceballs into the bag before opening the back door into the alleyway. He set the bag down before he noticed a groan of pain coming from nearby. He glanced over to see a prostrate young man on the ground. Probably an innocent bystander who got caught in the turf war. Alfred sighed, looks like his paycheck would have to be a bit smaller for the week.

The young man bent down, lifted up the injured man, and carried him back into the shop. Alfred might not have been a bender, but he was an active young man with strong muscles. He set the injured young man down on one of the benches in the front of the shop. Then, Alfred began to check for wounds. If he got an idea of what injuries the other had, it would be a snap to find the right (and hopefully cheap) herbs.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Slowly coming back to consciousness, the firebender eyelids cracked open slightly to see a teenager examination him. What was the boy doing? Is he pick-pocketing him or is the teen a member of Triple Threat here to finish him off? Arthur pushed the young man a way from himself, sitting up swiftly.

“What the bloody hell are you doing-? A-ah!” His right hand flew to his left shoulder, grasping it as he hissed in pain. Blood from left shoulder stained his clothes, now getting on his hand. The bench had a few drops of the red liquid on it. Arthur had a few cuts and burses on his body, but his shoulder was badly hit. Probably an earthbender did the damage to his shoulder.

. The place was dark where Arthur was, meaning he is in a room with no lights on or it’s still nighttime. He glared at the teenage staring back at him. The young man had wheat blonde hair with one stubborn piece sticking up and blue eyes behind glasses. Whatever the teen doing before, the bender is not dropping down his guard.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

"Woah, woah, woah! You definitely want to lie back down. You're pretty badly injured. I'm not one of those no-good gang members or whatever. I'm a hero! Who happens to be an herbalist-in-training who works at this here shop. Oh but don't let the in-training thing fool ya, I've been studying for ten years! So basically, I can fix ya up. Can you pay? Though it's no pressure if you can't, it'd just be really swell if you could, I'm not exactly made of money," Alfred babbled as he began to gather various plants and herbs. The diluted sandalwood solution would certainly clean the wound right up, and a banana leaf wrap would probably be a cheap bandage substitute that would do for the bleeding. As for the bruises, well, if the other was willing to pay him, Alfred could probably make some raspberry leaf tea or find an herb that would do.

"This will hurt a bit, since I gotta get your wounds clean. Also, could you take yer shirt off? I don't wanna waste this, an' well, I'd like to clean yer wound, not get your clothes all sticky with sandalwood solution. That, and it'd be easier to bandage any wounds and assess damages. Though if you don't wanna take of your shirt, I'll take it off for ya. Your arm must be aching quite a bit," Alfred stood in front of the injured young man, holding the leaves and antiseptic.

"Oh and a bit of advice? Try not to move so much. It means you won't be so hurt, and therefore things'll hurt less. But no worries, the hero is gonna look after ya! Just try to cooperate with me, all right?" Alfred continued to talk. He hated silence, and wanted to make the patient comfortable, so he was going to talk and talk until the other man continued the conversation. Plus, well, Alfred was just a friendly young man who really hadn't had a chance to talk with someone his age in a while. Who could blame him for being a bit lonely? Not that Alfred would admit he was lonely.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue May 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Arthur dazed confused at the teen. Is he telling the truth? Well the teen was chatting until his mouth fell off. The herbs the boy held and the non-stop talking told Arthur that this herbalist-in-training was just an innocent teen. Does not mean the man is not letting down his guard. “It’s you, not ya. No, I don’t really have any money.”

Being in a gang still didn’t make much money. Arthur joined the Agni Kai with no chose. He ran a way from home, far-off from his mean nasty brothers to Republic City to start anew. Sadly he couldn’t find a job; he tried working at a restaurant but got fired immediately, no one liked his cooking. Wandering the streets one day, Arthur got into a fight with a few members of the Triple Threat. After taking them down easily, several firebenders came up and convince to him join their gang. They promised money, food, a home, an offer the desperate bender needed. It wasn’t what he thought it would be after joining.

Arthur didn’t know what to do now. The teen offered to clean up his wound and use herbs. Sighing, he took his shirt off, wincing in pain as he did. The bender placed the shirt on the bench, then held still for the teen. “I promise to repay you for this.”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Fri May 25, 2012 4:39 pm

"Ya. That's what I said. Didja hit yer head or somethin' too?" Alfred gave the other man a cheeky grin. "No money? Don't worry about the payment then. I won't be able to give you a full treatment, but it'll be enough ta keep this from getting all infected. So no worries. It's my duty as the awesome hero to help," Alfred said with a smile.

When the other boy took off his shirt, Alfred quickly set about sterilizing and bandaging the wound. He had done something like this many times before, so his hands moved like an old pro. "This'll only hurt 'cus I'm cleaning the wound. Think of it as beating up the dirt n' nasties. And really, don't worry about repaying me. This ain't the top of the line treatment," Alfred continued to speak. Really, it would probably more fruitful to note when he didn't speak.

He gave hardly a pause for response before going off into another line of conversation. "Oh! I never introduced myself. I'm Alfred F. Jones, hero extraordinaire! Who are you? Do you live nearby? Are you gonna need help getting home?" Alfred asked as many questions as his mind could think of, the ever present smile not even dropping off his face. In the brief pause he allowed for the injured boy's response, Alfred began to hum a radio tune as he attached the banana leaf as a bandage to the worst of the wounds. While he had finished bandaging the other man, he wasn't going to let Arthur leave quite yet.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Arthur shuddered. Where did this boy learn to speak, he sounded like one of the gang members. A least it sounded less worse than the benders he worked with. Lying on the bench, Arthur hissed as the wound was sterilized. Hang in there chap, the small herb treatment is better than nothing.

By the teen’s non-stop talking, he didn’t see the turf war. He stayed in the herb shop until it safe to go home. Meaning Alfred didn’t know Arthur is a firebender.

“I am Arthur Kirkland. I live far on the other side of Republic City. I will get home fine by myself. Thank you for the treatment, Mr. Jones. I am in your debt.” he stood up after Alfred bandaged his wound, starting to head out towards the door. He needed to get out of here and quick. If Alfred found out if Arthur is a firebender, it would be bad, worse if he followed him to the Agni Kai’s base. Not just other bender gangs one had to be careful of, non benders were just as dangerous. Mainlly in Republic City with that mask man…

((sorry ><))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

"Th-the other side of Republic City?! Dude, are you crazy? That's so far away! It's already dark out, and there's a turf war goin' on. You could get mugged or worse!" the young herbalist sputtered. When Arthur started moving towards the door, Alfred reached out to his good arm in an attempt to stop him. He was a hero, and he totally couldn't let his patient walk off to get hurt. "Dude, you're injured and in no shape to defend yourself, let alone walk all the way there."

The question of why Arthur was there in the first place never crossed Alfred's mind. The young man was much to busy worrying about the other man's well-being to question his motives. "Artie, I'm tellin' you, walking home tonight is no good. Why don't ya come home with me? Just let me finish closing up shop, and I can let ya spend the night at my place," Alfred offered, his grip on the other's arm tightening ever so slightly. It was evident he wasn't going to take no for an answer. If Arthur refused and tried to leave, Alfred would simply follow him while continuing to badger him about the offer.

Alfred was already making plans in his head, not even taking into account that Arthur hadn't agreed to it. "I gotta put up the stuff I got out... then make sure stuff's locked and we can go. I can stick Arthur on my bed since he's injured," Alfred muttered to himself, not really noticing that he was voicing his inner monologue. If he did notice, well, it wouldn't be bad at all. It would mean that Arthur would know what was going on! The young man gave Arthur a smile.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum