Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

2 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 am

The Frenchman smiled a little as he heard the American's voice; he still hadn't forgiven him for punching him in the face but he could at least tell that Alfred was a good man who did his best with Arthur despite the circumstances.

"Ah," Francis hesitated, his smile fading and becoming morose, "he is... very troubled." He glanced over his shoulder, watching Arthur wobble into the bathroom. "Mon ami, forgive me for saying this but I think that it would be wise for you to come back to New York. Arthur has not been coping well, you see."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:52 am

Alfred hesitated at that and he frowned.

Come back to New York? He wanted nothing more than that but of course there was his job. Not only that but Arthur would probably not forgive him for coming back. He wanted to do it so badly though.

"What do you mean not coping well?" He asked hesitantly. He went quiet for a long moment.

"I mean he's refused doing webcam with me for about three weeks now," He admitted somewhat lamely.

"...Where is he right now? Can I talk to him?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:59 am

Francis sighed, long and drawn out as he massaged his temples with his fingertips.

"He..." he really didn't want to be the one to tell Alfred. "He has been doing some very silly things. I had to come and collect him from the party because he does not want to go back to your apartment."

At that moment, there was a loud thud from the bathroom and Francis immediately sprinted to where Arthur was.

"Arthur, ça va? Arthur?"

He opened the door to find Arthur on the floor. His head was bleeding where he'd hit it on the toilet seat on the way down and he was convulsing. Francis swore loudly and hung up the phone as he couched beside his friend. Alfred would understand. Hopefully. He phoned for an ambulance, trying not to panic.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:05 am

Alfred couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows in confusion as he heard Francis ask Arthur if he was alright.

"Francis? Francis! What's going on!?" He asked, trying to rub the sleep from his eyes. Soon enough the phone was hung up and he cursed under his breath, quickly getting up.

He paced around his flat uneasily, trying to keep himself calm. How could he keep himself calm though? There was just no way. What were those stupid things?

What if...?

Alfred felt his stomach drop at that. He soon called Kiku, hoping that he could get more out of him than just that Arthur was looking tired. While his Japanese friend did sound rather tired as he called him, he soon began to explain the situation. While Kiku didn't know everything, he told him that Arthur had obviously been eating less and less and that he looked absolutely terrible. That their distance had obviously put Arthur in for the worst.

That was when Alfred's decision became clear.

He had to go back to New York City.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:18 am

Everything was a blur as Arthur was rushed to hospital. They didn’t bother saying anything to Francis, which only made the Frenchman somewhat hysterical as they wheeled Arthur off behind some doors, where Francis couldn’t go with him. What if he died? Merde. Putain. Salaud.

It would be Francis’ fault yet again that Arthur went into hospital to do with drugs. The first time, Arthur had found out that Francis hadn’t been necessarily loyal and now it was because Francis hadn’t watched him like a hawk. He shuddered a sigh, trying to think straight as he tried to remind himself of words that the doctors had been throwing about. Cocaethylene had been one.

Francis still had Arthur’s phone in his pocket, which was a smartphone. He looked up the word on the internet as he was ushered to sit in the waiting room by a nurse but he could scarcely stand when he saw the statistics of the survival rates.

It took hours for Francis to collect himself enough to consider that he should probably phone Alfred. He was ashamed to admit it, but he’d cried a little. He was really worried, for whatever reason. He didn’t want Arthur to die, he didn’t want to be the one to tell Alfred. There wasn’t any news after four hours, the doctor had only briefly come to tell him that he was still in a critical position and was being taken care of as best as the hospital could manage.

Francis held his head in his hand and shakily dialled Alfred’s number, once again phoning from Arthur’s phone.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:21 am

Alfred could hardly sleep even after the phone call was over and he just rubbed at his eyes.

He was giving up a lot but...it was worth it. He needed to be there with Arthur. He needed to. Arthur needed it.

Though he had no idea what was going on with Francis and Arthur right then and it just scared the hell out of him. What happened? What happened to Arthur? Was he alright? What the hell was he even doing?

He had already left a message to his boss saying that he wasn't coming to work that day. Not until he knew how Arthur was.

Soon the phone rang and he knew it was Francis.

"Hello?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:25 am

“Alfred,” Francis started, trying to keep his voice from cracking. He rubbed at his eyes scornfully and cleared his throat. “I’m sorry about earlier. Je… I… Arthur is very sick. I found him collapsed in the bathroom, we’re at the hospital and all they will tell me is that he is in a critical condition. You must come. I know that I am selfish for asking, because it is so far, but Arthur is not my responsibility and… I can’t do this again. I can’t do it again.”

He covered his eyes with his palm as he sat forward.

“Arthur needs you.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:38 am

Alfred paused for a long moment, seeming to ponder about it but he knew that despite their differences, that he would have to trust Francis on this one.

He also knew that Arthur wasn't his responsibility anymore. He was his. Francis shouldn't have to deal with this anymore, especially when most of this was his own fault in the first place.

He would have to come there and make things right.

He needed to be there for Arthur again. And to stay there. No more leaving him behind.

"...I'll be there. Send me the details through text messaging. I'll be there this evening."

With that, he hanged up on the phone and quickly started packing his things. Throughout the day, he made sure to settle everything out. He really didn't have all that much in the flat in the first place and he could settle it all out later. Instead he packed all the necessities and soon gave his boss a notice saying that he was going to New York City and would be quitting his job to help his fiancé.

Even with the suddenness of everything, his boss was understanding and while she wasn't necessarily happy about the development (especially considering that Alfred was an amazing worker), she understood the circumstances.

He left that afternoon from Orlando and went to New York City. He could barely keep track of the time anymore and soon he found himself hurrying into the hospital, looking around frantically for the nurse.

"Is there an Arthur Kirkland here?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:49 am

Francis sighed but agreed and let Alfred go. He felt strange being alone in an American hospital, surrounded by people that sometimes spoke too quickly for him to translate and understand. He was so alone in this country and now that he and Antonio were separated for the time being, he really had no one. He was self-employed and dropped into Chouchoute whenever he was requested to or had some fresh ideas, etc. At least it was the weekend. He phoned Antonio and the Spaniard came and sat with him in the waiting room for several hours, keeping him company. It gave them time to talk and resolve their issues and mend the relationship. Sort of. It was a trial-run.

But eventually, Antonio had to leave and Francis was on his own in the hospital again. It wasn’t until the early afternoon that he was even told anything about Arthur’s condition. After napping for several hours (he couldn’t eat, couldn’t stomach it), he was approached by a doctor and had what happened be explained to him. He was in the room with the doctor and Arthur when Alfred arrived.

A middle-aged nurse frowned at Alfred across the counter.

“Now, sir, calm down. We can’t have you makin’ no ruckus. There’re sick people in here. What’s your name and relation to the patient?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:53 am

Alfred was much too tired to really deal with much else and he gave a withering look over at the nurse. Sighing softly, he ran a hand through his hair, obviously worried.

"My name is Alfred Jones and I'm his fiancé." He could hardly bring himself to care about what others thought.

He had a right to see him and he would.

"Please let me know which room he's in..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 am

The nurse looked a little uncomfortable at first before clearing her throat.

“One moment please.”

She went into the back room and told one of her colleagues briefly about what was happening before taking her time to find Arthur’s room number on a computer. She returned to Alfred and announced the room that Arthur was in.

“The doctor is in there with the man that made the call for the ambulance. Now, no runnin’. This is a hospital, it ain’t no play park, ya’ hear? Take care, Mr Jones.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 am

Alfred just huffed at her and barely took heed of what she was saying. Instead he thanked her quickly before hurrying (though not running) towards the room that Arthur was in.

He soon opened the door, finding Francis, the doctor and Arthur there. He swallowed thickly, soon hurrying towards the bed to look at his lover.

"...Is he alright?" He asked, voice struggling a bit. It was hard seeing Arthur like this.

No wonder why he didn't want to show himself on webcam. ...He looked so much thinner and so much more miserable...

What happened?
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:08 am

Arthur was still unconscious and hadn’t yet woken up. His head was bandaged up and he was attached to a respiratory machine, and several IV-like drips. Francis looked a mess, blond hair messily tied back out of his face, eyes a little red from lack of sleep. The doctor looked like he had been about to give Alfred a piece of his mind but Francis beat him to it.

“Merci, Dieu. Alfred, I am so happy see you,” he tried to smile, though it was a little broken. He couldn’t show Alfred the same weakness he’d shown the rest of the hospital and the doctor.

“Who are you?” the doctor appeared sceptical; his accent was not quite American.

“Alfred is Arthur’s partner, monsieur. Please, tell him what you just told me. He has travelled all of the way from Florida to be here.”

The doctor glanced once at Francis, furrowing his brow a little before he held out his hand to shake Alfred’s in greeting.

“I’m Dr Oxenstierna and have been observing Arthur’s condition since he arrived this morning.” He paused. “He is alright, for now. He is stable though we predict that he will be unconscious for a few more hours.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 am

Alfred hesitated but soon he took Dr Oxenstierna's hand and shook it firmly though he quickly took a seat next to Arthur as well.

He was absolutely exhausted and he tried his best to get here as fast as he could. He just wanted to sleep but like hell he was just going to leave just when he got here.

"Thank God..." He murmured, running a hand through his hair as he soon looked down at his lover.

"...What happened though? What put him in this condition in the first place?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:24 am

Dr Oxenstierna and Francis shared a look and the Frenchman looked incredibly uneasy. He promptly left the room as he felt his expression beginning to crumble. Oxenstierna breathed a sigh and kept his stern expression as he looked down at Arthur lying motionless on the hospital bed.

“Your partner, Alfred, has developed an addiction to the drug, cocaine. Francis has told me that this is not the first time and that this is, in fact, a relapse. Last night, he consumed a large quantity of cannabis, alcohol and a substance he is said to have claimed was cocaine. However, from our tests, it’s clear that the substance was not pure cocaine and included various other over-the-counter drugs and pills. This saved his life. By combining cocaine and alcohol, two poisonous drugs, the chemical cocaethylene was created in his bloodstream.”

He gave Alfred a moment to let it sink in before continuing:

“Cocaethylene is a chemical created by these two substances that in most cases is fatal, but thanks to Francis’ quick phone call to the hospital, we were able to revive him.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 am

Alfred hesitated at that and he felt a bit at a loss, to be quite honest.

"Yeah, I know a bit about it," He murmured, sighing softly as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

It was hard to take in though. Extremely hard. Arthur had went into a relapse?

It was all his fault. God dammit. It was all his fault. He wanted to go to Florida...if that job offer never came, then Arthur wouldn't have ever relapsed. Of course it wasn't completely his fault considering that it was Arthur's decision but he should have stayed more attentive than this!

Because in the end, Arthur was still the most important person in his life and he didn't want to let him go ever.

And to think that he almost died...

God...

"Thank you for telling me, doctor." He quickly grabbed Arthur's hand and rubbed the top of it, just wanting to hold him close again.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:37 am

Oxenstierna nodded. “I’ll give you both some time alone. If Arthur wakes up at any point, please contact a nurse. We need to monitor his progress closely for the next few days.”

And with that, he left the room.

Arthur’s heart monitor and respiratory machine were loud in the private room.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:38 am

Alfred just nodded and he sighed, looking back at Arthur. He kissed the top of his hand, feeling just how bony it was now under his lips.

"...Dammit Arthur...you could have just told me that you wanted me back," He murmured sadly, looking over at him.

He wished that Arthur could have been more open with him.

He felt sleep tug at him though and he soon rested his head on the side of the bed, hoping that his lover would wake up sooner or later.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:45 am

Arthur was unconscious for a long time. It was almost 24 hours after he’d originally collapsed that he woke up, his eyelids fluttering open to see a bright light above him that made him shudder and cringe away from it. He drew in a shuddering breath, feeling gradually being restored to his body. He couldn’t remember… where was he? What was going on? He wanted to touch his head, where it throbbed but found that when he moved one arm, it twinged and pulled strange tubes. Then the other had something holding it in place. He blinked sleepily, trying to focus his eyes as his head remained empty aside from the question of ‘where am I?’.

Hospital. He was connected to and IV and there was something covering his mouth. Oh fuck.

He groaned inwardly and tried his best to focus on whoever was keeping his hand in place, surprised and filled with dread to see Alfred there. He couldn’t really move with all of this equipment around him, but he was able to pull his hand free of Alfred’s lax grasp to stroke his fingers through soft hair.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:47 am

Alfred was slowly woken up with the feeling of fingers stroking through his soft hair and he rubbed his eyes tiredly, soon looking up.

Relief washed over his features when he saw that his lover was finally awake.

Thank God...

He wanted to yell at him, get angry at him and so much more but he couldn't bring himself to do that just yet. Instead he gave him a small smile, lifting his head a bit so he could get a better look at his lover.

"...You're awake..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 am

Arthur wanted to smile, but couldn’t. Alfred probably knew everything. The relief in Alfred’s tone made Arthur want to cry. His hand slipped from Alfred’s head to his forearm, where he gripped him gently to show that he could understand, despite being unable to find his voice at that moment. He wasn’t a vegetable or any such nonsense.

He swallowed thickly, looking at Alfred as best as he could from his position. He looked so tired. He didn’t dare to even try to imagine what he looked like himself. His gaze just softened slightly as he lay his head back when it began to ache. Alfred was there and it made him silently joyful, despite everything.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:58 am

Alfred bit his lip and he looked down at him, eyebrows furrowed.

"You're..." He mumbled. "You're such an idiot," He muttered. "If it hurt you that much, you should have just told me so!"

He needed to at least get this out in the open before he called the nurses in.

"Where's that openness we were supposed to have in our relationship!? You know that the most important thing or person in my life is you! I don't give a damn about money or my future job. I just want you to be fucking safe!"

He swallowed thickly, rubbing at his eyes as he deflated somewhat.

"You almost died, Arthur. Do you know how worried and scared you made everyone...? Including myself?" Alfred soon stood up, sighing as he went to call in the nurse. He quickly returned after calling her.

"...I missed you though...and I still love you..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:04 am

Arthur cringed. Did they really need to do this right at that second? Arthur didn’t even know what had happened in the moments leading up to whatever happened that meant he had to go to hospital. He could remember being at Francis’ flat, and that was about it.

He stared hopelessly up at Alfred, seeing anger in those gentle eyes for the first time. But this wasn’t just any type of anger, this was hurt. Arthur had hurt Alfred by not being honest. He shuddered a sigh and could hear his heart rate go up on the monitor. When Alfred turned his back, he let himself shed a tear and hoped Alfred wouldn’t notice as he blinked it away.

He didn’t say anything, trying to match his breathing to the infernal respiratory thing that was attached to him. He felt awful. Physically and… well, honestly, it wasn’t surprising how he felt about the situation with Alfred. He was too tired and hurting to really think straight about everything. Why was Alfred in New York, if they were in New York? He squeezed his eyes shut, wishing it was all a dream.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am

Alfred just sighed at that and he closed his eyes, sitting back down but not without kissing the top of Arthur's head first.

"...The nurse is going to come in and explain everything."

He frowned and ran his hand slowly through Arthur's hair. He wanted to apologise for yelling but he knew that he had every reason to be angry.

Soon enough the nurse came in, who sighed softly and looked at the clock. She soon started to take care of Arthur, making sure that the IV was still in place and taking other notes.

"Mr Kirkland. You were admitted to the hospital after cocaethylene was created in your bloodstream by intaking both cocaine and alcohol. You should be thankful that you were brought into the hospital so quickly. You were saved. It'll still be a while until you can get out and we already advised that you go under rehabilitation."

Alfred just sighed and looked back at Arthur.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 am

Arthur was still quiet, gripping his fists as Alfred kissed his head. Alfred had every right to be angry with him, and Arthur was sort of glad that he was angry, because it was less torturous than him being calm and collected. He frowned as he felt Alfred’s hand in his hair. Affection didn’t feel appropriate considering how Alfred had just spoken to him.

As the nurse began to speak, he finally re-opened his eyes and listened to her explain the outline of what happened. He grimaced, looking uncomfortable. The woman was quite cold, it seemed. That was incredibly blunt.

He seemed to find his voice upon the mention of rehab. He remembered that.

“I-I don’t want to go to rehab,” he looked a little fearful.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next