Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Town is Big Enough...

2 posters

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

This Town is Big Enough... - Page 21 Empty Re: This Town is Big Enough...

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 am

The food was indeed good, but he wasn't going to go waving that flag around in Francis's face. The man was not an award winning chief, he was just French, and that just seemed to come with the skill of cooking. Arthur ate politely like he usually did, not really minding Alfred as he ate in his usual fashion. Arthur's already made a note to whip some manners into the sheriff, at least before they went to England, if they ever went. Arthur hoped they would go someday, his family would visit him from time to time as well, but he wanted to go back to England as well. He probably would eventually, if anything ever happened to in his family. Of course he can only question how much of his family he will actually know. He hardly knows any of Patrick's kids (even though one has yet to be born). He sighed to himself slightly listening to the small bit of chatter between at the table.

He silently wondered if Francis would ever take Matthew to France. Arthur doubt it, at least not with the twins job. Doctors a limited and one can't just up and leave without careful preparation and a lot of luck. Then again it's not so easy for Alfred either, but it is slightly easier.

Arthur can only grin as the two brother's start play fighting with each other. It was clear they were clearly picking up where they left off in their childhood. Arthur chuckled as he gave Francis a whack on the head for his compliment as well as a sharp glare. "Don't make it sexual," Arthur hissed. From what Arthur knew about Francis he was a somewhat only child, a few relatives here and there but it was not in the least like Arthur's four brothers. It was nice to see Alfred with such energy, and the Englishman hadn't really heard the other twin laugh before.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:42 am

Alfred should have realized that this perfect moment could not last forever. He should have realized he was tempting fate when he went off to meet with Katyusha and there had to be some consequence for his radical actions. Of course, Alfred did not realize this as he laugh on the ground with his brother, laughing loudly. Arthur and Francis were watching the two with fond smiles on their faces and Matthew had allowed his usually careful mask to drop in favor of laughing. In that one moment, everything was utterly perfect. Than came a knock on the door.

In an instant, Matthew was on his feet, Francis beside him. The two tried not to look too concerned, but Matthew couldn’t help but flash his brother a nervous look. “Maybe it would be better if you two went upstairs… Just until whoever it is goes away,” He suggested softly. Alfred nodded and stood up, moving to Arthur’s side to pull him into the safety of his arms. He glanced back at the two, hoping to get a bit of reassurance that this was not going to end up badly, but neither Matthew nor Francis were looking at the two. Their complete attention was on the wooden door before them, where the knocking had not stopped. Alfred turned away and head up the stairs, closing the door to their bedroom lightly with his foot. “It’s just a precaution,” He slight softly, more to himself than Arthur. “I’m sure it’s nothing bad.”

He placed Arthur carefully on the bed, taking a seat beside him. There was some noise from the downstairs, but thankfully nothing too concerning. From the sound of it, Matthew was having a conversation with somebody, but it was far too muffled for Alfred to pick anything specific. He fidgeted on the bed, continuously glancing at the door. Matthew would be fine - he must do this all the time. After all, he was a doctor and people were constantly coming and going, looking for his assistance. Plus he had Francis with him to protect him. Still, Alfred could not shake the feeling that something was about to go very, very wrong.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:46 am

At the sound of knocking Arthur's blood ran cold and turn his head sharply too it. The sound of knocking in all his time in the West hadn't always been something he liked hearing. However this knocking is far worse. Surely it's nothing, Matthew's a doctor it should be expected, but with all the things that have been happening lately, Arthur can't be too sure. He can only hope. He glanced at Alfred as he moved to pick him up and take him in his arms. Arthur doesn't complain, it's faster than anything else, He turned back to the door, watching Francis and Matthew seem so ready to handle everything, he kept staring at it until it was out of his sight completely.

The silence that accompanied them on the bed was very unsettling. Arthur tried to focus on the sounds down stairs, but it was hard for him. From what he could tell though it seemed like just an everyday visitor, there were no sharp words or demands, but Arthur can't tell. He slide his hand softly into Alfred's, trying to both give and receive some comfort that everything was alright and it was nothing for them to get scared over. He rested his hand lightly on the American's shoulder. He knew they were both waiting for some sound that would sent them into action. Arthur silently prayed to just about anything that might listen, that he could stop Alfred is it was something bad. For now it was just a painfully slow waiting game.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:09 pm

He was so prepared for the worst to happen that when the first gunshot shook the small house, Alfred was on his feet in a second. “Matthew!” He cried out, already half way out the door before he remembered Arthur and his condition. In a moment of surprising restraint, he looked back at the Brit, eyes widened with frantic panic and a twinge of apology. After all, running down those stairs possibly meant giving up the location that Arthur had fought so hard to keep secret in hopes of keeping him safe. But he couldn’t abandon his brother. “I need to help him,” He said, practically pleading for the other man to forgive him for what he was about to do.

He couldn’t wait for a response. Another gunshot accompanied with loud shouting from downstairs was enough to set him in motion. He raced out of the room and down the stairs, stopping only just before he came into view to assess the situation. Francis was pinned to the ground, a gun laying a few feet away from him and he was fighting his captor with everything he had. Another man had Matthew’s arms pinned to his side to prevent him from moving. On the other side of the room stood Alfred’s former jailer himself, the man he had once believed to be a sheriff of the law. He frowned but stayed hidden for the time being, instead watching to see how to best help his brother.

“Where are they Dr. Williams?” The man snapped, yanking on Matthew’s hair to force the doctor to look at him. “You are his brother, are you not? Surely you have had some contact with him or Arthur Kirkland.” Matthew shook his head, managing to look strong. The criminal clicked his tongue and pointed to Francis. “I think you should consider revising that statement. If you cooperate, we will leave you both in peace but if not,” He pulled out a revolver and pointed it at Francis. “I think you know what will happen.”

Matthew’s lilac eyes widened, but he continued to shake his head frantically. “I really don’t know what you’re talking about. The last time I saw my brother, I was leaving to start this job. I haven’t…” He squeaked as the man shot at the ceiling above them. “Wrong. Answer Dr. Williams. Now are you going to cooperate or do I have to shoot him?” Matthew’s gaze fell on Francis who was still struggling against his captor with all his might. Slowly his eyes flickered up to where Alfred stood just behind the wall and than back to the man holding his lover hostage. “I don’t know sir,” He whispered, squeezing his eyes shut, tears building up behind his thick lashes.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:16 pm

ALfred was gone and out the door before Arthur could even think of a way to stop him. Like he even had the strength to stop him. Arthur doesn't even know if he had the heart to stand between Alfred and helping his brother. Yes, Arthur was lucky in the fact that he grew up with his brothers, and at the end of the day he would indeed lay down his life it would at least do something good for them. Alfred didn't have the luxury of growing up with Matthew, and Arthur knew there was nothing that was going to stop the American from helping his twin in any way he could and doing whatever he needed to get it done. Adrenaline was coursing through his body, his pain and aches were gone as he flew off the bed and hurried to grab his gun. The Englishman quickly checked the amount of bullets, and hurrying after Alfred.

He cringed at the sound of each shot before and it didn't stop him from cringing at the third as he hurried down the stairs. He could hear the conversation, and bit his lip. He spotted Alfred hiding behind a wall and he had to do something, and rather fast. He knew he was going to act rashly, but it was the least he could do. He took a deep breath and hurried down the stairs, past the hiding American still regretting what was about to do.

"Stop!" He shouted, rather sure he was making everything turn to him. He aimed the gun at the man he had come to hate so much over the past few months. However he dropped the gun and kicked it towards the man. "Alfred isn't here." He said firmly, shooting the man a glare, "We split up, to throw you off, Matthew is telling the truth." Arthur's eyes turned to Matthew before turning back to the man. "You found me, I'll go through with the deal."

"Deal?" The man questioned, "What deal are you talking about? There is no deal of which I'm aware between you and Ivan."

"Toris set it up," Arthur said sharply and coldly, "you can ask him about the details." He held out his arms asking to be taken away. "Take me to Ivan and leave everyone else alone." Arthur wished he would never have to do that, or at least not to do it so soon. He cursed in his head, begging Alfred to not do anything.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:54 am

Alfred had been completely prepared to give up his life and his freedom to protect the people he loved. Ever since he was a child, he had fancied the idea that he would one day be someone’s hero. Although he hated forever being parted from Arthur, in order to save him and his brother, he would gladly give up everything. That’s why he was so floored when Arthur suddenly pushed passed him into the room, beating him to the punch. To his absolute horror, the man no longer appeared too interested in seeking information when the one who had bested him was practically presenting himself on a silver platter. “Very well. Take him,” He said to the two thugs with a careless flick of the wrist.

“No!” Alfred cried out, stepping into the room and reveal himself. “Back off. You’re not taking Arthur anywhere!” He snarled, grabbing for the Brit’s shoulder, yanking him back behind him. Damnit, Arthur had already sacrificed enough to save him the first time around. He was not just going to sit ideal and watch as he was once again taken away from him. Not this time! “I’m right here and if you want to haul me back to Ivan, fine. But you leave my brother and Arthur alone!”

The man looked from Arthur to Alfred, his confusion melting away into a full on grin. “I didn’t expect this little trip to be so fortunate.” He lightly tapped the closest thug’s shoulder, who released his grip on Matthew. The young doctor stumbled forward to Francis just as the other man was freed as well. “I suppose the only thing to do is to take you both. After all, the game has changed Kirkland. My orders were to find you both and as much as I would like to kill you right now, Ivan has asked for that privilege to be reserved for him and him alone.”

“It’s me or nothing! You leave Arthur out of this!” Alfred cursed as one of the burly men grabbed for him. The criminal just smiled and shook his head. “I really don’t think you have a choice in the matter Jones. Now, get them in the carriage.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Arthur cursed in his head the moment Alfred opened his mouth and relieved himself. The Englishman stumbled, wishing Alfred could have just let things be. He was not going to sit around and watch his hard work go to waste, the deal prevented that from happening. Arthur would hand himself over and no one in Ivan's empire could hurt the American no matter what he did. It was a perfect way to help Alfred with his new plans. It's all falling apart in front of him. He's not going to let Alfred be dragged along with him. Arthur was calm when the thug grabbed him, his grip to tight on his arm.

"What's going on in here?!" A new voice, this was foreign accented voice sounded. Arthur recognized it after a while, and his eyes shown. The criminal turned around and Arthur can just imagine him paling at the sight. In the door way was not in the least a sight to be paling at, it was the position of the man in front of them. There was Toris with his shoulder length brown hair and bright green eyes. "I'm sorry, but that came straight from Katyusha, and I just second the question. What do you think your doing? The whole town is a buzz with this mess." Toris walked into the room a little bit, glancing at everything.

"Toris tell them about our agreement." Arthur started up sharply, causing the man to somewhat brighten when he saw him. "Or at least make it clear that it has to be me and only me."

"It is true, Kirkland goes with you and Jones goes free, that was the agreement. There are farther details between Arthur, Ivan, and I, which no one here has to worry about aside from Arthur. Besides Ivan will find much more joy with this agreement than just shooting Kirkland once he saw him." Toris said with a small nod to the man. "Either you respect it, or Ivan finds out about this mess of yours."

Arthur let out a sigh of relief, it was rather short lived as everyone stood in confusion glancing between the two. Toris was practically Ivan's right hand man, his word was just as good as Ivan's in some cases.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Alfred felt his world shatter beneath him when the brunette at the door sealed Arthur’s fate. He glanced helplessly at the British man, silently wondering why on earth he had agreed to make any sort of deal with Ivan in the first place. This was not how they were supposed to win! Arthur was not supposed to be hurt anymore! He wasn't going to let him slip away from him again!

“No! I’m not letting you take him!” He cried, surprising the thug behind him with a powerful punch. The man released his grip and stumbled away, cursing at his newly broken nose as Alfred went for the other mercenary. Unlike his first challenger, this man anticipated his movements and dropped his hold on Arthur in favor of tackling the sheriff to the ground. Alfred cursed loudly and fought with all his might to get the larger man off of him, but in vain. That didn‘t stop him from trying though. He needed to get to Arthur. He needed to stop this from happening! “Get off! Arthur! Damnit run! Get away! Don’t let them take you!” Alfred demanded, staring up at his fiancé, eyes widened with panic and fear. No, no, no! He couldn’t handle it if Arthur died again! That’s all that awaited him if he allowed himself to fall into Ivan’s grasp - death and darkness.

“Please Arthur!” He was practically begging now as the tears began building up behind his eyes. The thug holding him down laughed at the sight, but he ignored him in favor of staring up at the man who was once again being taken from him. “Please. I need you with me. I lo-”

“You’ve just as sappy as I thought Jones,” The criminal said as he stepped forward. “I’ve had enough of this. Kirkland goes with us and you get to live. Lucky you, right?” Alfred thrashed about violently to break away from the thugs grip, snarling up at the other man. “But just to keep you from causing trouble,” He grinned and brought the butt of his gun down hard against the back of the sheriff’s skull. Alfred only had enough time to let out a small, pained gasp before the world slipped away.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm

The monster of a man who just about destroyed Alfred's spirit, stormed over, taking Arthur by the arm and pulling him a way with a bit of groan. Arthur couldn't bring himself to look at Alfred, it made his heart ache too much. It had started out as a rather wonderful day as well, oh well, it seemed all his wonderful days were ruined by something. Arthur stared at the ground, not even able to meet Francis' or Matthew's eyes as he was dragged away. Toris stopped them lightly, whispering a very sharp "I'll explain it to them," before he let them continue one his way.

Arthur watched Toris as the men all hurried past him, before he went to help Matthew to his feet and than Francis. The kind gesture didn't seem to get him punched to quickly. Arthur couldn't tell if the man was saying something to the two, but there was nothing Arthur could do.

The man shoved him into the carriage harshly, binding his hands quickly and giving him a look just daring him to try anything. Like Arthur would, he would go peacefully, it wasn't like he could get out of the deal so easily. He peeked back at the house before the carriage door was slammed shut. "I'm sorry Alfred, hopefully I bought you enough time." He buried his face in his hands and tried to fight back the tears. He didn't know what Ivan was going to do with him, or how long he was going to keep him around, and that scared him the most. "Just stop Ivan then find me."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Alfred awoke an hour later laying on the couch.

From where he lay he could hear Matthew bustling around and the low murmur of conversation within the kitchen. Everything was so normal that he automatically assumed that while he was laying his head in Arthur’s lap he must have fallen asleep. He chuckled a bit and moved to sit up when he felt a sharp pain at the back of his head. “Ah!” He gasped, reaching behind him to caress the tender skin just as the noise in the kitchen came to a halt. He sat up much more carefully this time and looked about the room, taking in the disarray. Had his work out routine caused this much disruption? Man no wonder Arthur hadn’t wanted…

Arthur. Arthur running out into the room, offering his freedom in exchange for Alfred’s. Arthur being taken away. Arthur. Arthur. “Arthur!” Alfred was on his feet in a second, ignoring the pain throbbing behind his eyes. In a panic, he rushed over to the windows, half expecting to see him still outside, but there was nothing. “No! No!” He ripped open the door, half crazed and ready to run down the damn carriage on foot if he had to when an arm locked around his waist. “Stop it Alfred,” His brother said carefully, pulling him back into the room. The young sheriff thrashed around within his twin’s surprisingly strong grip, hot tears rolling down his cheeks. “No! No! This wasn’t supposed to be this way! He wasn’t supposed to be taken away!”

Matthew somehow manage to turn him around and hug him close, gently rocking him as he broke down completely. Alfred lost track of how long they stood like that, but it was a good amount of time before he could manage to speak again without sobbing. The doctor was patient throughout the whole ordeal, never once pushing him away or speaking. He simply held him until Alfred was cried out and ready to speak.

“We’re going to get him back,” He said once the two had migrated back to the couch and Alfred’s crying had reduced to minor hiccups. “It will take a few days though Al… we can’t just rush in without a plan. Ivan is smarter than that.” Alfred glared down at his hands, curling and uncurling his fingers into fists. The more time they spent on preparation meant less of a chance of saving Arthur before he was hurt. Still, he nodded his head in agreement. Arthur had given him this opportunity for a reason. If he was going to break Ivan’s hold on the west, it was now or never. “What is the plan then?” He asked, looking up at his brother for support. Matthew coughed nervously before pointing towards the kitchen.

A small, brown haired man emerged, looking sheepish and afraid. Alfred‘s eyes widened when he realized who it was. “Um… maybe I could be of some assistance…” Toris said, twiddling nervously with the corner of his shirt.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Ivan's men were rather efficient as Arthur came to learn. They didn't stop for much and they had shifts in which some would sleep and others were drive on. They had a collection of carriages, but they kept Arthur tightly looked up. It was a windowless carriage and Arthur didn't know how much time had passed. He couldn't judge much from the little amounts of light that would seep through the cracks. He had tired to stop himself from sobbing, however it didn't work out well. He wasn't going to show Ivan he was weak, but he couldn't help it as he could only think. Adrenaline had drained out of his system and he felt the full on soreness, groaning as he leaned on a corner of the carriage. The Englishman learned to injure the bounding and laughter outside his carriage, and try to think more about how to brace himself for what was going to happen.

However there was nothing he could do. He didn't now what Ivan was going to do it him, but if there was a thing for sure he was going to do it was prolong his death. Arthur was sure he some form of torture that would attempt to break him. He was sure the longer he was challenge the break the longer his would live, and what he did after Ivan somehow managed to break him, Arthur wasn't sure what he was going to do. The deal was clear that Arthur would do anything the Russian told him to do without question or complaint, and Arthur is not looking forward to it at all.

He sighed, closing his eyes and trying to think of something that would calm hims down and least be somewhat happy. He somehow he drifted into a very light sleep.

"Monsieur Jones," Francis said with extreme caution as he stepped into view from the kitchen. "Toris did a lot of explaining which you should hear, so don't attempt to punch him." Francis said gently.

Toris gave a bit of a nervous laugh. He might be Ivan's right hand man, but that didn't mean he liked it, or wasn't afraid of the man. "Arthur bought you at least two months without Ivan on your tail to so whatever you can," Toris said gently trying to lay out the facts. "However he seems like a rather stubborn man, but I'm not sure how much time that actually might be." Toris gulped to himself, he didn't know what to expect from the American sheriff, but he knew he wasn't like Ivan, but that didn't mean he wasn't angry.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:19 am

Despite Francis’s warning not to punch the petite brunette, Matthew still struggled to hold back his twin. Alfred shouted angrily at Toris, ready to beat the terrified looking man within in inch of his life for selling Arthur out like that, but the doctor wasn’t having it. Matthew managed to force him back down on the couch and gave him a slap to the back of the head in punishment for his rash actions. “Stop with that. He’s not here to hurt anyone and if you want to help Arthur, it will do you some good to actually listen.” The sheriff gave his brother a glare, but did not attempt to attack the newcomer again.

“Two months? What does that mean? Two months and than what?!” Matthew quieted him with a hand on the shoulder. The American frowned but leaned back once more, although the look on his face did not promise an absence of more outbursts. Francis stepped forward and motioned to the brunette, a hardened expression on his face. “From what Mr. Toris has told us, mon cher Arthur made a deal with Ivan sometime ago. If your safety ever became compromised, he would exchange his freedom in order to keep you safe. Ivan will not be able to touch you without breaking this agreement.”

At this new piece of information, Alfred frowned. It did not surprise him that such a plan had existed, nor was it shocking that Arthur had concealed the information. If he had known it about it earlier, he would have done everything in his power to keep the Englishman from even thinking about giving himself up like that. Damn him for being so stubborn and well prepared… “So he planned this from the beginning, just in case.” Alfred sighed and leaned forward, resting his head in his hands. For a long moment, he was silent. As much as he wanted to take up arms, chase down those bastards who had Arthur, and rescue his love in a straight gunfight, he could see the reality of the situation. Rushing in without a plan would not only get himself killed, but Arthur as well.

Alfred sat up, eyes no longer brimming with unrestrained emotion but instead sharp with cool intensity. He would trust in Arthur to keep himself safe until he could save him. Right now, he needed to make a plan. “Toris,” He called, finally addressing the nervous looking brunette. “I need you to tell me everything you can.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Toris took a gulp at the American's question after he had been calmed been calmed down and talked into listening more. He bit his lip, and looked at the ground before looking back at the American. "Ivan's good at torture when he wants to be, with Arthur I have a feeling he'll be at his best. He wants Kirkland dead, yes, but he never wants his death to be quick and fast, that's just how Ivan is." Toris said with another gulp. "I seen Ivan at his best with someone of the hardest men in the West and they snapped a begged for mercy after two months. He rid of them after that." The brunette took a deep breath before saying the next part. "As long as Arthur's heart still beats, Ivan can't touch you, you could be tearing down his Empire and none of his men can lay a finger on you. Arthur's managed to escape death twice, and Ivan isn't going to let his away a third time."

Toris cautiously stepped closer to Alfred. "I'm currently assigned to look after Katyusha in her travels, but I'm one of Ivan's right hand men. However that doesn't mean I support him in everything he does, none of his top three man actually support him, we're just too afraid to do anything." Toris gave a bit of a annoyed sigh, he wished he could be like Arthur and stand up to Ivan. "My companions can help keep Arthur alive as best they can, I can send word to them. I'll tell you everything you want to know." Toris said holding out his hand as if to make a deal. He was completely going behind Ivan's back on this, and he hoped the American noticed this.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 pm

His heart ached when Toris revealed the gruesome details of what Arthur’s exchange actually meant. Although he (thankfully) did not describe any of the acts Ivan would more than likely commit, it tore at him to know that this was the situation he would be leaving Arthur in. Still, he nodded silently in understanding and waited for Toris to continue.

Throughout the explanation, he said nothing. All he did was stared up at the nervous looking brunette until he stepped forward and offered a hand to him. Both Matthew and Francis tensed at this action, half expecting the emotional blond to start beating the foreign man for his boss’s atrocities. To everyone’s shock however, Alfred simply smiled and took Toris’s hand. “Thank you. “ He said, slowly rising to his feet. The other occupants in the room visibly untensed as Alfred contemplated what to do next. This was the only opportunity he had to really get any inside information without suffering the consequences. Even more so, he was on a strict time limit. Arthur couldn’t stay the full term of two months with Ivan’s grasp (ideally, he wouldn’t be there for more than a few days, but Alfred knew that wasn’t possible) - so he needed to act quickly and rationally.

“Toris, I need you to tell me where all of Ivan’s strongholds are. Who supports him, who doesn’t, which guys are his top ones - which are the ones that need to be taken out and which are simply afraid.” If he could break down Ivan’s defenses, it gave him a better chance of getting through to the Russian. Once he had no one left to fall back on, he would be forced to see reason or perish. “Than I need you to tell me where Ivan and Arthur will be.” If what Toris said was true, he could crumble the empire and rescue Arthur without having to worry about constantly being killed right away. It was certainly not a full proof plan. But right now, it was the only one he had.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 am

Toris nodded, he would tell Alfred everything he needed to know. However three were some things even he didn't know, like where Ivan would keep Arthur. Arthur was different from most of the men Ivan tortured, seeing as he didn't run. There was no chase with Arthur, and that had been rather interesting to the Russian. "Please do take note...Mr. Jones, the two months is if Ivan even decides to just torture Kirkland. Kirkland is completely at Ivan's will, he could do a variety of things to the man, and each thing can length or shorten Arthur's life, but two months is the shortest it could be." Toris said cautiously. "That being said, I can't tell you where exactly where Arthur will be." Toris glanced towards the kitchen table where maps and papers had been laid out when Toris was explaining to Matthew and Francis, well more so to Francis, seeing as how Matthew was tending to Alfred.

"Perhaps, you should see the Kitchen table Alfred, Toris was in the middle of conversation when you woke up." Francis said heading back to the table and motioning for Toris to continue.

Toris made a sound and hurried back over trying to remember where he was. Then he remembered. "Ah...yes, as I was saying these are Ivan's most trusted men...and women in some cases," Toris said holding up a sheet of paper with a list of names. "Everyone with a star next to their names support him, the ones with nothing are scared of him." Toris bite he lip, Ivan would surely have his head if he ever found out about this. "However, there is an oriental man, who's name few people actually know, he's closer to Ivan than I and I've been with Ivan longer." He hoped that said something of significance. He didn't know much about the oriental man, only that Ivan found him wondering from his work on the railroad, rather testy and weary form his parted work.

Toris shock he head, there was nothing more to be said about the men worked for Ivan, and those who did his will because of their fear. He turned his attention to the map. He pointed to a rather huge city in the West, more towards the eastern side. "Ivan usually works out of here, but his empire spans towards to the pacific. There red lines are route he commonly uses and the blue are route he takes out if he's avoiding something." Toris traced his finger along some of the routes slowly. "Of course he does use trains from time to time as well. It's faster than a horse, and if he really wants to move something he'll us it." He sighed, he sadly couldn't tell them where Arthur might be at all. At least, not until he turned to Ivan and the man told him of his plans.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Alfred frowned when Toris confessed that he did not know where Arthur was going to be kept, although he made no brash actions. He supposed it was too much to have hoped for. Even if Ivan agreed to this deal, it didn’t mean he was going to make it easy for the American to track Arthur down once again. “It’s alright… So two months than? That doesn’t give us very much time…” It would have to be enough. If what Toris said was true, there was no way in hell he was willing to leave Arthur in Ivan’s grasp for longer than that. It was already killing him to subject him to this at all, but this was the only way to ensure Arthur’s safety forever.

When Francis motioned to the kitchen table, he stepped forward and looked over the map that was laid at. However, when Toris spoke again, he leaned forward to catch a glimpse of the list of names he had prepared. Well, looked like Ivan’s empire wasn’t as stable as he might have believed. There was a large number of his followers that seemed to be acting out of fear, not loyalty. Still, that didn’t change the fact that his supporters were by no means small in number and if they were as crazy as Ivan himself was, the task he had ahead of him was no easy one. When he mentioned the oriental man, he frowned in confusion. That wasn’t promising if Toris, one of Ivan’s (unwilling) top men didn’t know who this mysterious figure was. Hopefully he wouldn’t cause him too much trouble in the future.

Alfred leaned forward as Toris continued, showing the routes that Ivan took and where he worked for the majority of the time. He reached out and took the list of names from the brunette, tucking it away for later. “I see.” The sheriff smiled gratefully and patted Toris on the back. “Thank you for doing this. I hope when all is said and done, we can get a chance to talk under better circumstances.” With another smile he turned to face his brother and Francis, blue eyes filled with determination mixed in with worry. “Shall we than?” He said, walking out of the kitchen to retrieve his boots. If they were going to accomplish this task within the two month time frame, they needed to start immediately. Alfred glanced out of the open window, silently willing Arthur to stay safe for as long as he could. I will find you…
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Toris nodded, he hoped the next time they meet Toris would be a free man. He could go back home to his family and friends. "If you have a question send a letter to Katyusha and she'll figure out a way to get it to me." With another quick nod of his head he quickly returned to his duties before people started to wonder.

Arthur knew he was on a train and bound to a table. He can feel the table below him, if felt like word, but as to the age and type he couldn't tell from his touch. He can also feel the tightly pulled leather straps that keep him from moving, holding every limb of his body in a fixed position. He can't see anything because they covered his eyes with a blindfold, but he can hear someone enter the car he's in, feel fingertips ghost about his person and then their gone. When their not present Arthur tries to focus on his breathing and not trying to count the time till the next drop. Arthur had only heard of such agonizing torture before, and in a way refused to believe it worked, it was just water dripping. Yet now he knew why it was so horrible, Arthur had tired to figure out time based on the drop but couldn't get it right. His frustration with that and the bonds almost made him crack.

It's for Alfred... he would think as always did when he tried to brighten the darkest part of his days. Life in Ivan's custody was not an easy one. The man gave him enough food and water to keep Arthur alive and well enough. His first week was full of beats, one of which he had fought back, impressed the hell out of Ivan, but only got suppressed with more force. Ivan didn't see him the second week, but a man still did damage, only to have a doctor tend to it as quickly as he could. After the third week Ivan messed with his head, his didn't keep a schedule and Arthur lost count of time and his sleeping pattern was thrown, like Arthur could even sleep. For Alfred, he always thought to himself, Alfred was safe, doing whatever he was doing. Arthur could give him all the time he needed, but he still wanted to American to hurry. Still he didn't show Ivan his pain, and the heartbreaks his dreams would bring him. Alfred bursting through the door and just taking him away, only to wake up to the cold reality. The Englishman wasn't even sure he could trust reality anymore.

Some amount of time, Ivan started moving Arthur from place to place, there was no warning or method. That messed up Arthur's sense of time more. A drop of water breaks his thoughts and riles him up for a brief second. There sharp squeak of the brakes told Arthur they were stopping and probably reached his destination. The door opened and someone covered his mouth, the Englishman could feel himself sleeping away into darkness. He was at his stop, and he didn't know what was in store for him.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:47 pm

A month and a half had passed before Alfred turned his sights towards Ivan.

Using the list of names and towns that Toris had provided for him, he followed Ivan’s influence to the very core of the west. To those who were afraid of going up against the Russian, he managed to convince many to begin an uprising and turn towards the other side. The ones whom had willingly sworn their allegiance were much more difficult to handle. He did not want to have to resort to murder, so instead he opted to have those people locked up under the careful watch of sheriff’s he trusted. This caused some problems and often lead to rather serious struggles. Toris was right when he said that Ivan’s supporters could not touch him - but that didn’t mean they couldn’t fight back when he was throwing them into a jail cell.

Thankfully Francis was there to help fight and Matthew patched him up as well as he could as they raced about the west. By the end of the second week, signs of progress began to show. They would arrive in towns to find that men were already quietly rising against the man who had suppressed them for so long. Half the time all Alfred had to do was remove the main figurehead of that particular group and the rest would take care of itself. In some cases however, this was not quite so easy as he would liked.

Natalia Bragniski was the last person on the list he found. She was just as he remembered her as a child - young, beautiful, and completely psychotic. Although she wasn’t particularly strong, she was fast and had far too good of an aim to be considered fair. Unlike his previous opponents, she did not seem too concerned at all by the fact that Ivan had promised not to hurt him. The second he came into her line of sight, she attacked. It had taken both him and Matthew holding her down before she finally stopped squirming enough to get the shackles on her wrists, but they managed to subdue her. Alfred almost felt guilty for having to manhandle a women in such a way. But than he remembered that this particular women had tried to claw his face off and promptly brushed his guilt away. When this was all over, he would see to it that she was checked into a mental institution.

It had taken a week to track down Ivan. Alfred kept up correspondence with Toris and with his help, they were able to discover where the Russian travel next. Clearly word of the American’s actions had reached his ears for he was not traveling along the usual train roots. Perhaps he sensed the change that was about to occur.

Alfred pulled his cloak tighter, silently watching as the train pulled up into the station. He leaned up against the back wall of the station, hyper aware of the two silver pistols were strapped to his hips and a revolver was slung up on his back. Although it was too dark to make out any specific details on anyone’s face, he honed onto Ivan’s form almost immediately. He fought back the urge to move and instead waiting patiently for the Russian to slip into his carriage along with the rest of his party. He still didn’t move until the carriage was out of sight (probably in search of accommodations for the night), instead waiting for the train station to clear out completely. That’s when they would make their move.

Sure enough, once the public was out of sight, a slender, familiar form of man was being pulled out of one of the back cars. Although he could not see his face, he knew precisely who it was. Arthur was shoved into a carriage to wait while two of the three men went back to retrieve luggage. Alfred took this as his cue and silently stepped forward behind the single guard that remained. With a clean swipe to the back of the skull, he was on the ground. Alfred moved, stowing the unconscious man behind a train car, stealing both his hat and his outside cloak before turning his attention to the carriage beside him.

Alfred slowly opened the door, cautious not to startle the other man. The sight that awaited him was terrible. Arthur was bound, blindfolded, and covered with bruises. He looked like he hadn’t been feed properly in months and his skin was an unhealthy shade. He clenched the carriage door tightly as he stared at the man he loved. What had they done to him? He carefully slid inside and touched his hand against Arthur’s cheek. “I’m sorry I took so long…”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:03 am

Arthur rather hates that fact that he starts to wake up before they ever move him out of something. He figured they feared him lashing out like he had once before. The Englishman had attacked blindly, and to his joy actually cut Ivan's lip, bit he had gotten a nasty blow to the back of his head. From what he could tell it was some someone's hand. So from then on, he was knocked out, unbound, and bound again before he stirred again. This time his senses started to return to him as they were dragging him towards the carriage. He could only feel at the time, and movement in his body hurt and was limited. He was tossed in a carriage and left there, and for once Arthur would like to at least wake up with the carriage moving. However that was never the case. He wiggled his fingers lightly as he mind got some control of his limbs.

The Englishman was exhausted, and after the thing with the water Arthur was not in any sort of mood to be touched or handled. He wanted to really be left alone, and not in ways he had before. He wanted people around him chatting and doing whatever they were doing, but he wanted no involvement what so ever with them. His hearing was slow to return, so the touch on his check and startled him. Arthur swung his bound arms wildly, he missed, he could tell when his arms hit wood and bothered his swore arms. He braced himself for the blow that would come from acting out, though he didn't care about getting hit back.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:34 am

Alfred jerked back when Arthur suddenly swung his arms out at him. He missed spectacularly due to the blindfold and hit the side of the carriage hard. He winched and instantly regretted touching the tortured man without properly announcing his presence. The sheriff glanced around him to be certain that the men were not going to suddenly return before slipping into the carriage. “Arthur. I’m sorry, I should have said so earlier. It’s me. It’s Alfred.” It was a struggle to resist the urge to pull the other man into a warm embrace, but now was not the time. Arthur had been held as Ivan’s prisoner for over a month - he needed to take this slow as not to startle him. Slowly he let his hand rest on top of Arthur’s hand, allowing his fingers to lightly graze over the shallow cuts that had formed along the Brit’s knuckles. “It’s me Artie… I’m here to take you home…”

The sound of talking from outside the carriage alerted him of the other’s presence. He cursed and forced himself away. They still had to carry through with the rest of the plan. As much as he wanted to simply pull Arthur into his arms and run, he couldn’t. There was still the matter of taking care of Ivan. “Just hold on a little longer Arthur… This will be over soon.” He closed the carriage door and straighten up, keeping his hat tipped over his face so the men didn’t recognize them. Thankfully they were more preoccupied with loading the carriage and conversing. When their tasks were completed, one of the men hoped onto the front of the carriage to drive and Alfred and the other guard slid inside the carriage with Arthur. The moment the door was closed and the coach started moving, Alfred leaned in, slid a hand over the thugs mouth and injected him with a vial that Matthew had prepared for him. The man struggled momentarily but slid away into slumber. “Arthur,” He leaned forward, untying to cloth that kept the man blinded. “Arthur, I’m so sorry I took so long…”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:07 am

Arthur's hearing returned to him in a rather slow fashion, it was always the slowest to get out of the haze of his blackness. He heard a rather muffled and far away voice, that grew closer and clearer as time went on. He froze he heard it, turning his head just so, make sure his hearing was correct. There was a gentle touch on his hands, the warmth almost instantly making things better, but the doubts in the back of his mind are stirring. He couldn't tell if he was awake or not. His dreams had tricked him enough, and he was so out of the loop now, his dreams became more realistic, Arthur knew he could trust the cold world of his torture but not the possibility of a warm welcome rescue. Yet he still fears pushing Alfred away if it is real. Besides home sounded so nice, where ever home was currently he didn't mind. He doesn't say anything, not sure he can, and not sure if he wanted too at the moment. The Englishman is rather disgusted with himself, he's done a lot of Ivan's work by himself, he can only wish it wasn't so.

There was a sound outside, coming rather crisply to Arthur, his hearing has improved a bit, seeing as how he's been blindfolded for a good while now. As far has he knew it's been a while. The chatter outside his rather mindless, stuff like how they needed a shot of whiskey or something, before they returned to their posts. Arthur figured his mind was fiddling with him, or he had woken you at the chatter and realized that Alfred wasn't there, something he shouldn't be too surprised about. The carriage was moving and he couldn't bring himself to exactly care where it was going. After a while though, it sounded like there was a struggle, causing Arthur to perk up a bit, it was rather unusual for Ivan's men to fight each other in such a closed location. It seemed to stop soon after oddly.

Alfred's voice was present again and Arthur froze again, guessing he never had waken up. It was odd to have Alfred quiet in a dream. His blindfold was undone and Arthur blinked in shock and anticipation to see. They adjusted and Alfred's face was in front of him. The American had changed over the amount of time, and Arthur wanted to touch him but fear of him vanishing made him stop. "How..." Arthur said, stopping at the own sound of his own voice, it was scratchy and worn, reminding of how dry his mouth felt. "How long is so long?" He questioned.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:32 am

Alfred stared at the man, blue eyes filled with a combination of pure joy and grief. Arthur was there in front of him, but it was clear that their time apart had been difficult. His body was beaten and bruised and his voice was scratchy and unused. Whatever Ivan had done to him had sufficiently tormented the other man passed his limits physically. All he could hope for now was that Arthur’s mind was still in tack and he would make a full recovery once this whole ordeal was over and done with. Just a little longer now.

“Forty days Arthur,” He replied, leaning in to press a warm hand against his pale cheek. He had so much to apologize for, but this was a good place to start. “I should have went to find you immediately after… I’m so sorry to have had to wait this long.” Later he would go into more detail about the revolution they helped to start and how Ivan’s empire had all but crumbled, but for now he was content with seeing the man he had thought he had lost alive before him. If he had lost him a second time, the sheriff wasn’t sure if he would have been able to survive.

Alfred slid closer next to Arthur, reaching down to grasp his hands lightly. “Arthur, I need you to listen to me. I don’t know how much longer we have, but when this carriage stops, I need you to go with Matthew and Francis. They will be waiting to come take you home, alright? I will follow after just as soon as I can.” He leaned forward and flashed the other man a reassuring smile. If all went well, everything would be resolved that night - Ivan would fall and the two of them would be free to live their lives however they wished. If the plan fell through… well Arthur would have time to escape back home to England where he would be safe.

“I promise we’ll be home together soon, but right now, I need you to trust me.” He succumbed to his urges and pressed a gentle kiss against Arthur’s cheek. When everything had fallen into his place, he would give him a proper kiss again, but now there wasn’t time. “Everything will be just fine Artie. I promise.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

Alfred's hand was warm on Arthur's cheek and he wanted to nuzzle into it, however he didn't allow himself the luxury. He probably should have, it wasn't threatening to beat him or anything. Forty days had been a long time, and finally there was a hand not wishing to hurt him. Arthur was almost lost in the feeling of Alfred's skin against him, his gentleness almost foreign to the Englishman. Arthur wants to bury himself in Alfred and never come up, but the fears of reality just around the corner Arthur doesn't push himself into Alfred's comfort. He listened to what the American was saying as he marveled at the simple feeling of him. If it was a dream, Alfred was uncharacteristically serious about everything. There isn't anything that is loud about, and he was sneaky, so there was a possibility there this was reality. Arthur still didn't trust it.

"I can't go with Francis and Matthew," Arthur said shortly after Alfred said what he needed too. If he goes with them, the deal is off, and Alfred is guaranteed an unharmed entry. "Ivan always sends Yao to check to see if I'm 'situated'," Arthur said panicking all of a sudden. Arthur was never boarded with Ivan, he was always taken to some secret location, and Yao, a man Arthur had learned the name of when Ivan was chatting with him suddenly. Yao wasn't a huge part of his torture, he only suggest the water thing as of recently. "If I'm not there, there is nothing stopping Ivan from hurting you." Arthur shouldn't be this freaked out, but he is.

"Besides, they won't hurt me tonight." Arthur said like it was the best thing in the world, and it was. Of course he couldn't guarantee that to any one, but there was just a rumor that Ivan was going to physically put him somewhere for a while till things cooled down. Whatever that had meant. Arthur doesn't know if they'll beat him there either, he can't be sure at all of anything, but it's perminate and if anything that means some sort of a schedule Arthur could learn to keep track of time again. "You need to go after Ivan and then come back for me." Arthur would be fine, he's lasted forty days.

The carriage came to a slow stop and the panic in Arthur's body heightened. He cursed to himself, this was not good, and not in any way did his dreams work out. Still he wants to grab Alfred and make him prove it was all real. "Put the blindfold back on and go after Ivan." Arthur urged quickly.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:02 pm

“No, I’m getting you out of here before any more harm comes to you,” Alfred replied, his voice firm, leaving no room for nonsense. Arthur had suffered long enough to give him the time he needed to break Ivan’s hold on the west - there was no need for him to have to face any more pain. “It will be fine Arthur. I can do this without you risking your life any more than you already have. Ivan’s empire is broken, he has nothing to hide behind now,” He said, leaning forward and pressing another kiss against his cheek in reassurance.

He could feel the carriage coming to halt and cursed the world for not giving them more time. The sheriff turned to look at Arthur, seeing the pleading expression on his face to trust him to stay alive just a little while longer while he ended this for good. Alfred nodded slowly and tied the blindfold back around Arthur’s head, pressing a hard kiss against his mouth. “Keep yourself safe. I will come and find you soon, you understand? You better be waiting for me when I do so.” You better be alive the next time I see you…

Alfred managed to pull away in time for the door to open. The thug who had driven grumbled at the sight of one of his counterparts asleep at his post, but did not question it. Instead he reached in and grabbed Arthur, pressing a hand over his mouth to keep him silent. “What are you waiting for? Get off your ass and go report that he’s here!” Alfred nodded and slipped out of the carriage, watching in agony as Arthur was once again dragged out of his life. It was only for a little longer. He could survive a little longer and then the two of them would escape together.

When Arthur left his sight, Alfred closed his eyes to reorient himself. He had a job to do and worrying constantly wouldn’t do anybody any good. Arthur would be fine - he was strong. Alfred turned on his heal and touched a hand to the guns strapped to his hip. He was going to end this tonight. He was coming for Ivan tonight, fear be damned.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Arthur didn't struggle as the man dragged him out of the carriage, however the feeling of Alfred's lips still tingled on his lips. The man grumbled about his partners as he dragged Arthur along, before he dropped him and started banging on the door. Arthur groaned slightly, listening to the world around him. There was a steady amount of clunks before there was the sound of a door opening. There was a far away noise of music and laughter, had Arthur not been bound by a deal, he was sure he would have bolted from such a place. "This way," a woman's voice simply said and the man picked up Arthur, "she's been waiting." Arthur found himself gulping, he didn't not like where is was going. From what he could tell it didn't seem like a place where he was going to be beat, if anything it sounded like a saloon.

The sound of a door opening alerted him to the fact that he was going to be turned. He was and hosted up onto a chair not to long after, his blind fold removed. He blinked again as his eyes adjusted to the brightly lit room. His green eyes darted around quickly, and from what he could tell he was in a woman's room, or maybe a dressing room seeing as how there was no bed. There was a snort that made Arthur turn to the sound. There sitting at one of the mirrors in front of him was a middle aged woman. She seemed rather busty for her age and Arthur could only confirmed that he was indeed in some kind of tavern, and it not only served up drinks, but women as well.

"I'll admit, I'm one of the few people Ivan can trust, but he wants me to hide a man?" The woman asked, her voice was scratchy. "A man is of no use to me, I already have a well paid bar tender."

"Are you refusing something Ivan is giving to you?" The thug asked, and the woman shot him a glare. "Surely you can make him appear like a woman, he's thin enough."

The woman gave a laugh and got up from her chair, pulling a robe tightly around her person. "I'll admit, he has some feminine features," the woman said tilting Arthur's chin, "but there is not breasts to be displayed, and on top of that Ivan gives me a beaten man. Bruise imply that one can be beat and if a man hits one of my girls without their consent, I send them out." The woman let out a huff. "Now I know we aren;t exactly bible followers, but that doesn't man a man will take him to bed, I'll lose money."

"I've charmed men before and not all our activities lead to a bed." Arthur said sharply, earning a sharp slap from the woman, Arthur turned his eyes into a sharp glare. "Surely I think up some womanly excuse that would keep me out of bed and money coming in."

The woman made a sound. "You're lucky you're smart." She said before shooed the man away and told the girl to fetch a dress, a long sleeve dress, and a blond wig.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum