Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 am

Arthur was actually quite scared of the thought of ever settling down and having a family. He was convinced that he would fuck them up somehow. He hadn’t had a good father and he knew that he was equally as emotionally stunted as him; he wouldn’t want to damage his children like that. He’d never even considered adopting or getting married, as he’d assumed that from a young age that a marital bed and children were not what you got out of his type of lifestyle.

Children might… be nice. If he ever felt financially secure enough and if he was with the right man, but it wasn’t really something that he had thought about before. At all.

The Brit was grateful for the kiss before they had to pull away.

He followed the Americans inside of the restaurant, unable to help feeling as though he was being led to his execution. How had he, a boy who went to a posh boarding school with no friends, ended up in the USA with a gorgeous boyfriend? And why had he let himself believe that it would all be that easy?

“Yes, let’s hope,” Arthur agreed with a slightly amused tone.

He sat next to Alfred without much thought about it. There was no way that he was going to sit next to either Mary or David. He was pretty sure that this was mostly going to be a session of him listening to Alfred being interrogated by his parents about his life and his general wellbeing. He picked up his own menu, shooting a sceptical look at Alfred.

“Yes, it does, Alfred,” he agreed, a neutral tone to his voice.

He began to look through the menu and noted that it wasn’t anything he hadn’t seen before. After visiting Italy several times, he was used to the food and had acquired a taste for it. He often hated ‘Italian’ restaurants because often, the food didn’t seem at all Italian. However, he was pretty certain that in New York that the food would be pretty good.

Soundlessly, he placed the menu back on the table. He folded his hands neatly in his lap and sat with his usual perfect posture, making him look stiff as a board.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Fortunately enough for Alfred, his father had been a very good father to him and taught him many good qualities. The main problem with him though was the fact that he didn't have the most stable of job at the moment and not only that, but he was horrid at house keeping. If he was to have a spouse and the like, then he would have to hope that they were good at housecleaning. With a glance over at Arthur, he couldn't help but smile a bit fondly to himself. He was always rather good at it...

Yet he made certain to keep his mind off of the idea. Nothing good would come from thinking things like that. Not when he didn't even know if Arthur loved him or not or vice versa.

Despite everything, Alfred still considered himself to be incredibly fortunate with everything that he had. He was so very happy that he was together with Arthur despite some of the doubts that have raised up in him. He would just have to continue pushing them down. In reality, he felt as if he s the fortunate man in this situation and that maybe it would be Arthur who would leave him. After all, he wasn't used to having a relationship with a man. What if he didn't satisfy him the way he should? Well either way...

Normally restaurants in NYC were rather good, especially if they had high ratings. So he had confidence in the restaurant and fortunately enough, it didn't look all that expensive. Looking through the menu, he couldn't help but frown a bit at the many unfamiliar names throughout the list. He really should be more used to this, especially when there was such a good amount of Italian influence throughout the whole city. When the waiter came, David and Mary quickly ordered something and Alfred decided it was best to take a few of his mother's orders. She usually had a good sense of taste.

He just hoped that this wouldn't turn out to be absolutely horrid. He had some confidence though...his parents didn't need to find out about either one of them.
Assistant Jones

View user profile http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 am

Arthur tried not to smile at Alfred’s pronunciation of the Italian food and ordered himself something, rather arrogant about how he said it. He’d been to Italy and he frequently did business with two Italians – he knew the accent (which of course was completely useless because he couldn’t speak any language other than English anyway). He gently nudged Alfred’s knee with his, playfully.

He felt slightly awkward in the silence but he didn’t really want to start the conversation either. A part of him almost hoped that he would get a phone call or something that he had to take. Anything rather than having to spurt out some random nonsense.

He drew in a deep breath and attempted to say something but ended up fumbling over his words. He looked away, swallowing thickly. They could interrogate Alfred. He’d just listen. Unless Mary wanted to talk about Britain again.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 am

Alfred really didn't have the best pronunciation with about any language. He had taken Spanish and picked up a bit of French but truthfully, his pronunciation of both of the languages were horrid, French more so than Spanish. It really was ear grating to anyone who had the misfortune of listening in. Despite this, Mary didn't really seem to mind and in fact, she found it rather endearing. Though admittedly, David was just as bad as Alfred with his pronunciation.

When Arthur nudged his knee, he gave the other a small and playful smile, lightly nudging his knee back.

Knowing that Arthur was having a hard time and maybe feeling a bit awkward, he soon smiled at his parents. Though before he could say anything, Mary beat him to the chase. "Oh by the way! How did you two meet?" She asked, glancing over at the both of them and Alfred quickly swallowed, trying to quickly come up with a story.

"Um...well..." He started off, trying to think about it.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 am

There was no point in lying.

“I was requested to come over to New York and do a contract with Chouchoute. So, I came to the office and Alfred met me on my first day. He was kind enough to be persistent with me to do things outside of work and… I suppose that it was natural that we would become friends eventually,” he laughed and somehow it didn’t sound forced, it was rather light-hearted.

It really was as though Alfred was a dream. He had come out of nowhere, it seemed. Who would have ever imagined that Arthur Kirkland would end up feeling the way he did about the daft sod?
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:31 am

Alfred couldn't help but smile a bit at that and he nodded. He was worried that he would also have to lie about the way that they met though in all reality, they did pretty much meet like that. It did take a lot of insistence to get Arthur out there with him but he definitely didn't regret it in the slightest bit. He listened to the Englishman's laughter and he could feel his heart soften a bit at that. It sounded not at all force and in fact...rather light...it was definitely nice to hear that from him.

He really didn't regret anything that happened between them and he was glad that they could become friends and then well...lovers.

"Yeah. Just got off the boat and everything like that." He said with a fond smile. "He's very fond of his work but I managed to crack him out of his shell for at least a bit." He glanced over at Arthur and Mary just smiled.

"That sounds lovely! How long ago was this?" Despite everything, she didn't seem to want to ask about why Arthur was with Alfred in the flat. She could assume that maybe not the best things happened that would result in him staying over. Unless it was just cheaper like that.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:43 am

Arthur didn’t regret anything either. He had been happy to be called Alfred’s boyfriend and would be up until they no longer felt anything for each other. He left his leg somewhat closer to Alfred’s than strictly necessary, underneath the table.

Funny how they actually had been on a boat together.

“Not too long ago,” Arthur replied smoothly. “I only really began working here four or five months ago.” Living together, however, was certainly a new development. They hadn’t really had a chance to start blending in with each other and being domestic. They hadn’t even had seven days alone together yet.

He glanced quickly at David, who was eerily quiet. He clearly wasn’t much of a talker. Surprising really, considering what a chatterbox Alfred was. He had assumed that both of his parents would be loud, too. But they both seemed to be relatively tame and devoid of silliness. Perhaps it was just Alfred’s age that made him that way.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 am

Alfred was definitely happy to call Arthur his boyfriend as well though he was still nervous with his family. He didn't know how they would react and honestly, he wished that they didn't have to keep their relationship such a secret. Yet that was the unfortunate side of office romances, especially one between an boss and his assistant. He knew that nothing good could come out of it if they were found out but still...

He just wished that he could have done this in public. Be able to kiss him and hold him close in public, though he knew that Arthur really didn't seem to be the kind of man that enjoyed that. Alfred felt his cheeks warm up a bit as he felt Arthur's leg still rather close.

David chuckled softly and he glanced over at Alfred. "Only for four or five months and he's living with you now?" He asked. "You've always made friends rather quickly, Alfred." He mused and Alfred really didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing. Hopefully they wouldn't figure out about them or that anything would give them away.

"Ah, yup! Well..we just kind of...clicked."
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:04 am

Arthur eyed Alfred for a few sceptical moments and then looked away before scratching awkwardly at the side of his neck. He wasn’t sure if he should be offended or not by David’s initial comment, although there didn’t seem to be any malice in his voice. It was still rather tactless, though.

“Actually, there was a fire where I was living so I had to find somewhere to stay. Alfred was gracious enough to give me a roof over my head.” He glanced back over at his boyfriend, small smile on his face. “But other than that, yes. I suppose that you could say that we were fast friends. We ‘clicked’.”

He really hoped that they weren’t going to keep asking questions involving him.

“You’re too nice for your own good sometimes, Alfred,” he stated, raising an eyebrow as he looked at the man sat beside him. “Someone will take advantage of that, if you aren’t more careful,” he began to frown a little and looked away again. He wasn’t helping.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 am

Alfred couldn't help but frown at his father's statement and he had a feeling that he was somewhat suspicious. Either that or he thought of him to be too kind and rather naive. That may be the case but he wasn't going to kick Arthur out. Not when he was his lover and he didn't have a place to stay. In fact, he was rather happy to have Arthur there with him.

David and Mary hesitated when they heard the story and the man simply frowned. "I apologise for my rude statement." He mentioned. He definitely wasn't expecting something like that but he decided that his son had always been a rather gracious man.

Yet Alfred couldn't help but frown a bit as he looked over at Arthur. "I am being careful." He murmured, not knowing what to make of the other's statement. He wanted to think that he could stand for himself without others taking advantage of him. He certainly didn't think that Arthur was taking advantage of him because he really wasn't. Mary was just silent as she gazed at her son and Arthur, just wondering and observing the both of them.

They were back in that awkward silence once again and Alfred had no idea what to say. He had a feeling that they were becoming suspicious.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 am

“Hmm,” was all he said to all of them. The air was suffocating. Arthur was starting to feel uncomfortable again and totally on show. He didn’t like it, at all. “Ahem, please excuse me.”

Arthur stood up, leaving his coat behind as proof that he was going to come back. There was a weight in his pocket which was beginning to call to him. He went the roundabout way to get out of the dining area, so that it looked as though he was going to the toilets. Instead, he went outside and produced a packet of cigarettes from his pocket, which he had hidden from Alfred, and a lighter from his wallet.

He fumbled in the cold air but eventually managed to light the cigarette, of which he took a deep breath, inhaling the smoke. He knew that it was a stupid idea, especially as he had managed to cause a fire by smoking previously but he couldn’t bring himself to care. The sharp sting of the smoke in his throat felt good. Really good.

But he knew that he couldn’t leave Alfred alone for too long without being suspicious. He managed to finish his cigarette pretty quickly, stubbing it out on the ground before going back into the restaurant. He headed to the toilets to wash his hands (to make it all look authentic, of course), trying desperately to think of something to talk about.

He stared at himself in the mirror. Alfred and Mary had clearly just been being kind about his appearance. He thought that he looked like a scruffbag. He had slight dark circles under his eyes, his hair was a mess and his eyebrows were unruly as ever. With a sigh, he reluctantly returned to the Jones family.

What if Alfred’s parents were fine with Alfred being with another man but they were merely disapproving of Arthur?
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 am

Alfred couldn't help but frown as he watched Arthur take a leave and though he said he was going to the toilets, he really couldn't help but think that there was something wrong. Soon he looked back at his family and gave a small smile, trying to act in ease. He felt as if his parents were going to interrogate him and so they did. They were more than eager to ask about almost every aspect of his life, about his work life, his home life, what Arthur was like and about everything.

It was easy enough to talk about it until his parents began to approach the subject of his romantic life. They were curious if he had an eye out for a girl or some sort. Whether he was going to get married, what his future plans were and the like. It was making Alfred feel just a bit more uncomfortable with each question.

"Oh, Alfred! Have you met a fine lady yet? You're usually so good with the ladies!" She mentioned, watching her son carefully. Alfred just laughed nervously and he shook his head.

"Um...well...I'm not really all that interested in any...I'm really focused on my work recently and I want to continue on remaining focused until I can get something more stable." He said with a small, hesitant smile. David simply hummed, wondering. "Son...is there something you've been hiding from us?" He questioned and Alfred visibly stiffened at the question. He soon noticed Arthur coming back as well as their food.

"What...makes you say that?" He asked and David thought about it for a second.

"We're your parents. We should know."
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 am

Arthur could almost sense the tense atmosphere from the other side of the room. He slowed down and sort of hovered awkwardly. Alfred looked stiff and that wasn’t a good sign. He reached the table in time to hear David’s statement.

He didn’t want things to become ugly. Alfred seemed to have such a good relationship with his parents. He didn’t want to ruin that for him. But what if they were totally fine with all of it and they were just being silly about nothing? No, finding out your child is gay is a big deal, he decided. Or at least his parents had made it seem that way. Besides, Alfred wasn’t gay as such. He was just in a relationship with Arthur – that left him open to a lot of subcategories; pansexual, for example.

He sat in his seat, hopefully luring Alfred out of the dead-end conversation he was having. The waiter placed their food in front of them all and turned to leave soon after. Arthur took a deep breath, glancing at Alfred before looking at David and Mary. He should stick up for Alfred.

“Um… I feel as though you should know that whatever you’ve been discussing with Alfred, that…” he paused, “that I’m gay and that if it’s had an effect on Alfred, it’s probably my fault. I’m not particularly comfortable around young women.” His gaze flickered between the two elders. He wasn’t as bothered about them disliking him for his sexuality. It would be easier for him to take the brunt of the impact.

Although, he couldn’t help but get the feeling that he wasn’t helping.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:50 am

Alfred was actually rather relieved with Arthur's presence considering that it definitely put him at ease though the atmosphere didn't seen to get any less tense. Yet what he wasn't expecting though was for Arthur to say that to his parents. To say that he was actually homosexual. Well...of course he was more at terms with his sexuality than himself but he didn't want to have him be seen in a bad light by his parents. Though it was becoming increasingly harder.

Or maybe it was just in both of their heads and it really didn't matter at all.

Mary and David seemed to be surprised though they only showed this for a few brief seconds before they became rather quiet. His father seemed to hesitate a bit before finally speaking out. "We better not leave the food here to get cold." He said and Mary smiled nervously in agreement.

Alfred couldn't help but be extremely confused about their reaction and in fact, he couldn't help but be somewhat angry. Yet he decided to keep quiet about it for now and he continued to eat his food, just contemplating for a few minutes as he ate. He really wanted to stay close with his family but he hated having all of this attention and unease settle right on Arthur. The atmosphere was rather tense and he needed a reaction from them. Some sort of reaction. He needed to know how they felt. He needed to know that he could depend on his parents no matter what.

"...I'm dating Arthur, mom and dad." He murmured, not glancing up at them once.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 am

It had been the kind of response Arthur was expecting, so he wasn’t too offended. He also had the experience of years of being treated as some sort of strange human being because of the fact he liked men. They’d reacted better than some people though, who were flat out rude to him. At least David was polite enough to tiptoe around it and change the subject.

“Of course,” he agreed coolly.

Unfazed, Arthur began to eat. He hadn’t eaten a proper meal for about three days, after all. He was starving. He could feel the tension in the air and opted to merely ignore it in favour of filling the pit that was his stomach (whilst still trying to be gracious about how he was eating, unlike how he was used to seeing Alfred stuff his face when he was hungry).

Arthur almost dropped his cutlery when Alfred spoke up and he stared at him, eyebrows raised. Glancing across at Mary and David, he flushed pink and quickly turned back to his food, although he was no longer eating it.

If they loved their son, they would respect him and not belittle him. He felt nervous for Alfred.

“He is… we are,” he cleared his throat as he added quietly.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:11 am

Alfred could feel his heart pounding in his chest and he knew very well that his parents really had no authority over him. They couldn't order him to stop seeing Arthur because honestly, they had no way to influence him. He was earning his own money now, was paying his own rent and the like and he really couldn't be swayed by his parents. Mary and David seemed to know this as well yet their gazes were still critical, observing and God...Alfred felt increasingly nervous under their stare.

They couldn't just ignore this right now. They couldn't tiptoe around this situation unlike what they did with Arthur. They had an obligation to talk to Alfred about this but the restaurant was hardly a place for such. Despite everything, Alfred lightly grabbed Arthur's hand into his own to help reinforce his point, to help reinforce just how serious he was about it. Mary was the first one to speak up.

"You're...gay, Alfred?" She asked and there seemed to be a disappointed flicker in her lovely blue eyes and she was going to speak up more until David quickly cut in.

"That doesn't matter." He started, a frown on his lips as he glanced over at his wife. "Alfred, whoever you're dating doesn't make us love you any less. Your sexuality doesn't and shouldn't matter." He said, putting down his silverware for the moment.

Alfred couldn't help but feel his breath catch in his throat at his father's words. If anything, he was expecting his mother to be the more reassuring one yet his father was here stepping up to the plate. Mary still seemed to be rather confused and conflicted. It was easy to tell that she had a lot of expectations for Alfred that didn't seem like they would be met.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 am

Arthur couldn’t believe all of this was happening. It should have been a liberating moment for Alfred, it should have been fantastic and felt really good when he’d said it. It didn’t seem to be any of those things. Alfred just looked pained. All he wanted to do was cradle the American to his chest and console him, tell him how it didn’t matter what anyone else thought. If it were him in Alfred’s place, Arthur was sure that he would look or feel as upset as his boyfriend

He held on tightly to Alfred’s hand when his own was grabbed. He was willing to prove Alfred’s point.

Arthur almost felt bad when he saw how upset Mary looked. He felt as though he’d betrayed a beautiful woman by robbing her of grandchildren (if they ever managed to stay together for that sort of time period, anyway – Alfred was still young). He pursed his lips, looking at her sympathetically.

He was surprised, to say the least when David cut in. What he said was even more shocking. He was certain that his own father would never say anything like that; nothing loving or encouraging such as that. Was it cruel for Arthur to feel as though that should have been much harder for Alfred than it had been?

Nonetheless, his thumb stroked the back of Alfred’s hand a few times, as though confirming that they were indeed together one last time. He looked up at Alfred, trying to gauge his reaction.

“I’m glad that you feel that way Mr Jones,” Arthur said to David with a small smile, verging on being genuine. He really cared about Alfred. He hoped that they would be able to see that now he’d relaxed a little more.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Alfred knew that he should have felt rather free and liberated but he was still held down by his parents' expectations. He still cared deeply about what they thought and he was just scared. He could easily deny that he ever had a relationship with Arthur but that was also denying a part of himself. That was something that Alfred never wanted to do. In the moment, all Alfred wanted was to hug Arthur close and curl up next to him in bed.

If he did stay with Arthur though, then he was certain that grandchildren may not be a complete worry for Mary. After all, there was still Matthew who seemed to be rather straight in his own opinion. He wouldn't doubt that Matthew would help raise beautiful grandchildren for his mother. So why was she so disappointed? It didn't look like she was disgusted, just simply disappointed. As if she was expecting so much more from him.

Alfred simply gave a nervous smile though he was a lot more relaxed now, still lightly holding Arthur's hand and not wanting to let go of it. It was one of the only senses of comfort that he had in the whole restaurant, especially under the disappointed gaze of his mother. That was the very last thing he ever wanted to do...it was to disappoint her. She had always been so kind to him and so loving.

"Have you both...gone far?" She questioned, looking hesitant and David just sighed, knowing that there really was no stopping her when she was concerned. Alfred just nodded, finally looking over at the both of them.

"Yeah." He murmured. "And I don't regret it." He stated, thinking for a few moments. "I'm happy with Arthur and I wish you could be happy for me also." He continued. Mary hesitated before shaking her head.

"I am happy for you dear." She tried to give a small and humorous smile. "At least I know I won't have to worry about being the most important woman in your life now."

Alfred could sense her attempts to lighten the mood and he smiled a bit. "You're irreplaceable, mom. Though dad, you'll have to be careful now." He joked and David laughed somewhat, glancing over at Arthur for a moment before finally beginning to eat his food. Mary did the same and Alfred sighed softly, glancing over at his lover with a fond smile. He gave a small yet thankful squeeze on his hand before he began to eat once more.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 pm

This family really seemed to have no shame when it came to discussing sex – or Mary didn’t, anyway. Earlier on, she’d vocalised her assumption that Alfred had been masturbating (which they probably knew wasn’t true now) and she had just asked Alfred if they had, had intercourse. To Arthur, they were very personal questions which he would refuse to answer. He was surprised that Alfred did.

It was a relief to hear everything his boyfriend said. It made him feel as though he actually meant something to Alfred, which was nice. He couldn’t help but continue to feel bad for Mary though. Her reaction was similar to that of his mother’s, but much less melodramatic.

He tried to laugh along with them, but he caught David’s gaze fleetingly and it made him realise that now they really were going to judge his every single move. They hadn’t done earlier because there was no need for them to but now…

Arthur returned Alfred’s smile, his somewhat more of a tired look than fond but affection still lingered in his eyes. He let Alfred return to eating and waited a few moments before he began to dig into his meal, as well. He was so hungry; it felt as though his stomach was churning and trying to eat itself.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Alfred's parents really were rather a blunt pair, especially Mary. Usually David had a sense of decency and privacy though it seemed to be that Mary was quite the opposite. She wanted to know everything that was going on in her son's life though at the same time, who could really blame her? Especially when there was also the case that he was now dating another man. Definitely something that neither one of them had been expecting. Alfred always seemed to have such a fascination with women that it never seemed to really even cross their minds that Alfred could potentially go out with a man.

Though either way....

Admittedly, the American was rather nervous with the questions and obviously flustered though his mother really didn't seem to take in any mind of this. Mary really tried her best to be happy for her son though there was still a disappointment lingering in her eyes. Alfred could just simply hope that time would pass and wear down her disappointment.

He really hated putting Arthur on the spotlight but he needed to tell his parents. If he couldn't tell them about this, then who else could he tell? These were the two people that he trusted the most despite everything and they've always been there for him. Alfred couldn't help but watch Arthur as he ate and he frowned slightly, wondering if he got enough to eat during his time in Australia. He was quick to strike up conversation with his parents so they could get off the topic, just idly chatting about small things about what was happening in their lives, interests, future plans and the like.

Alfred could easily feel himself relax.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Arthur hadn’t really thought much about feeding himself whilst in Australia. He’d usually forget unless he was with his colleagues, who made him eat. He was quiet was Alfred talked with his parents, being sure not to look up from his plate as he ate. He didn’t want to disturb them. They’d come to see Alfred and he felt as though he’d done enough damage as it was. They didn’t need to hear anything from him – it wasn’t as though he’d actually be able to comment on a conversation on American Football, anyway.

He was relieved when the meal was over; he was glad that Alfred was able to sense that he didn’t really want to stay just so that he could eat dessert. He wanted to get back to the flat as soon as possible. He had been quick to offer to pay for everyone, manners his mother had taught him (“You can’t expect someone to endure an entire dinner with you and not give them a free meal, darling!”). Perhaps it was just her excuse so that he would pay for her meals the few times he was required to see her.

Arthur was also rather eager to leave; he kept looking at his watch once the bill had been paid. After-dinner chat had always been tedious to him. Luckily enough, it didn’t last for long. They said an awkward goodbye (he said an awkward goodbye; Alfred had hugged his parents), they’d gotten into Alfred’s car and driven home.

When they were back in the apartment, Arthur was silent as he took off his shoes and coat. He turned to look at Alfred, lips pursed.

“That was brave of you,” he murmured and headed straight to the bedroom to sit down. He felt as though his nap earlier had been useless, he was still exhausted.

Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Alfred was worried about Arthur's intake of food and he knew very well that he wouldn't really eat unless he was extremely hungry or reminded. It was usually him that had to force the other to eat so he wouldn't fall in the middle of his work from the lack of food. That was definitely something that Alfred didn't want. Not when he cared for his lover so much.

He really didn't want to keep Arthur with his parents for too long and he just hoped that they wouldn't come by again. He made a note to himself that he wouldn't force Arthur on these things again, especially since his parents knew about the both of them now. For once, Alfred was quick to refuse dessert, smiling a bit to himself which honestly took his parents a bit by surprise. Their son never refused dessert.

Instead they both seemed to understand and David simply shook his head, smiling at Arthur. "Thank you for the offer, Arthur but we'll pay for this. Thank you for accompanying us." He said, easily paying for the bill. He really didn't want to make Arthur pay, especially when he was still trying to recover from the fire and save his money for the debt that he owed. For once, Alfred was rather glad to finally take his leave with Arthur and when they finally got back home, he couldn't help but smile a bit at his lover.

"You think so?" He asked as he followed him to the bedroom, more than happy to strip off his shirt and trousers. He really just wanted to crawl into the bed but instead he simply climbed under the sheets but sat up, still staying awake as he watched Arthur. "Sorry about tonight. I know it wasn't a lot of fun for you." He apologised, still feeling guilty about it all.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:05 am

“Yes, I do.”

Arthur raised his eyebrows as Alfred stripped himself. He made it no secret that he was looking over Alfred. Something had changed about his body since the last time he’d seen Alfred naked. He looked… softer than before. He assured himself that it was merely his imagination. He began to unbutton his shirt and let it hang open as he stood up, changing out of his jeans and socks. He placed the clothes in the laundry basket and found pyjamas in the chest of drawers (which he changed into with his back facing Alfred).

“That’s alright. It’s hardly as though you could help it and… you’d have to tell them at some point.” He switched off the light, leaving the bedside lamp on beside Alfred. He was glad that they seemed to have silently agreed that it was time to sleep. He climbed into bed beside Alfred but lay down instead, smiling up at him. “I’m proud of you,” he reached up and brushed his knuckles tenderly across the American’s jawline.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 am

Alfred really didn't care too much if Arthur watched him strip off his clothes because after all, he was going to be going into bed without a shirt or trousers on so it really couldn't hurt for the other to be watching him. He glanced over at the other, enjoying the sight of the other's chest and he couldn't help but smile a bit to himself at the very sight of it.

He made himself comfortable on the bed and he soon laid down, smiling a bit to himself as he watched Arthur climb into the bed with him. He really did just want to go to sleep with him and in the end, he was glad that they weren't angry at each other. They were simply just much too tired and all they needed was a nice and long rest after such a long day of activity. He was more than happy to lean slightly against the knuckles brushing across his jawline.

"I'm glad I told them." He murmured softly, lightly cradling Arthur's hand against his face with his own hand, soon pressing a light kiss to the top of his fingers. "Mm...good night." He whispered, turning a bit to turn off the lamp.
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am

He had wanted for Alfred to kiss him, properly. They had been unable since he had gotten back. Chaste and brief kisses would have to satisfy his need for Alfred’s lips against his own, it seemed.

“I am too,” Arthur whispered in reply. It meant that their relationship was somewhat more serious than before. He and Alfred had both made their parents aware of their relationship and that, regardless of what anyone else thought, they weren’t about to break up with each other. There was a small spark inside of Arthur at the small kiss to his fingers. It was indescribable. But he was smiling.

As the American leaned to switch off the light completely, Arthur leant up to press a quick kiss to his cheek; antagonising and sweet. He turned to be on his side, getting comfortable as his back faced Alfred. He curled up a little, closing his eyes. He let out a soft sigh as he slowly found himself beginning to drift off to sleep.

“Good night,” he mumbled into the pillow, far too comfortable and tired to say or do more. For the second night in a row, Arthur fell asleep almost instantly.
Mr. Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top