Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

Go down

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid Empty You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:48 pm

To the civilian eye, Arthur Kirkland was just an Englishman sitting on one of many benches in the park, enjoying a nice day with a copy of Arundhati Roy's The God of Small Things in his hands. He was normal - one of many, innocent, and harmless.

To the mafia, he was much, much more. He was a caporegime with a notably smaller crew than the others of his rank, and purely out of choice. He didn't just accept any Soldato into his group, instead wanting nothing but the best to carry out whatever orders the Capo Crimini issued to him. (The others had mocked him for it at first, but they'd been forced to eat their words once the boss began seeing him in a favorable light.) Thus, it was completely unheard of for him to be waiting to meet a picciotto who hadn't even been made yet.

But there he was, sitting on a park bench in broad daylight, waiting for one very late Alfred F. Jones. If this man didn't appear in ten minutes, Arthur was going to leave. (And there would go Alfred's chance to become a mafioso - forever.)

----------------------------

[ The mafia has several ranks. The boss, known also as the Capo Crimini, is, of course at the top. Directly below him are the consigliere, which is like an advisor and counselor of sorts, and the Capo Bastone, which is the underboss/second in command. Below the Capo Bastone are several caporegimes, which are like lieutenants. They're in charge of crews of 10 of more soldato, or soldiers, whose main job is to earn money and send it up to the higher ups. Below them are the picciotti, who are young and inexperienced members of the mafia (and often not made men just yet).

"Made men" are mafioso who have been formally inducted into the mafia, and thus an official member of the famiglia. In order to be 'made', the applicant will have to be sponsored by two mafioso, and then checked over by a caporegime. (Ultimately, though, whether or not someone gets inducted is up to the boss.) Once someone is inducted, they'll have to go through the induction ceremony before they become a soldato. /end rant ]

Back to top Go down

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid Empty Re: You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Alfred F. Jones was not the type to hide in the crowds while the rest of the world passed him by. He wanted the world to notice, to revel in the fact that he was the hero that they had all been looking for. Maybe that was why he wore dresses all of the time, or well, whenever he felt like showing off. Staring at the clock in his room, he blinked, trying to remember just what he was supposed to do today, when it hit him.

“SHIT!” he roared then tore out of his bedroom, into his living room and stripped out of the nightgown he had been wearing. Yes, his nightgown, just for the hell of it. Changing into a pair of jeans and a shirt, he could save his more flamboyant clothing for later, Alfred tore out of the small apartment and ran as fast as he could. Man, the one moment he was late and it was the most important meeting ever!

He noticed the man sitting alone on the benches and blinked, walking over to him, blinking more. “Yo! Am I late?”

-----------------------------------------------------------

akdjslkaaka your notes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Arthur didn't even bother to look up, or even respond right away. Instead, he waited until he was finished with the paragraph he'd started on before replying, "By 14 minutes and 32 seconds, Jones."

He marked his page and closed the book before finally looking over at the mafioso-hopeful, not at all impressed with what he saw. Regardless, he was not one to judge a book by its cover - especially with the recommendations that Alfred received. (Though, that would work against the poor lad in the end; Arthur's expectations were high today.)

"I'm the caporegime that will be testing you to make sure you're worthy enough to join the famiglia," the Englishman continued, standing up. "The length of this procedure varies with how well you can impress me. Now, first thing's first: why were you late?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Well. Alright, so the guy was a bit of a tight ass. Maybe there was a stick up his ass permanently or something, Alfred didn’t know. Clearing those thoughts out of his head with a shake of his head, Alfred laughed then shook his head.

“Nice ta meet ya!” he said cheerfully, nodding his head. Protocols, proper greetings? Hah! Those were for people who actually bothered to follow through with them.

“Really? I'm late? Damn, I didn’t realize the time then,” he said, when asked about why he was late. This guy even had it down to a second, geeze. Did he ever lighten up?

“I knew I had to meet you today, but I lost track of time.” He grinned widely then spread his arms out in a wide gesture. “But I’m here now! So what are ya gonna do to test me?” Honestly, he had no idea what was involved with the mafia, but hell, he could handle anything this guy threw at him, of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:00 pm

Arthur looked at him, very clearly unamused. There were so many things wrong with this man that the Englishman was tempted to turn him away almost immediately. (The sad part? It hadn't even been a full minute since they met.)

1. Sloppy. There was a small stain on his shirt - grease? Yes, grease - that hadn't been removed, and his bed-hair made it clear just what he'd been doing before he bolted out of his home.

2. Irresponsible. He was late, even though he'd been told about this meeting an entire week ago.

3. Rude. He hadn't apologized for being late, nor had he even introduced himself! (Nevermind the fact that Arthur knew who he was already.)

And that was only the very tip of the iceberg. Arthur wanted to turn Alfred away and say he wasn't good enough to join the mafia, but instead, he took a deep, calming breath. (Never judge a book by its cover. Not even if they seemed as incompetent as Alfred F. Jones.)

"...Follow me," Arthur sighed, leading Alfred away from the park. "There's a man that has been causing the famiglia trouble. He owes us exorbitant sums of money, but he's been avoiding us because he doesn't have the means to pay us back. You'll need to get the money from him in one way or another, and then kill him afterwards. Is that clear enough?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:10 am

Shifting from one foot to the next, Alfred waited, staring back at the man in front of him. Should he have introduced himself first? Maybe…oh well, no time for regrets! Alfred rocked back and forth on his feet, waiting for the man to finally speak while trying to get rid of the stain on his shirt. When did that get here? He was pretty damn sure that he had picked a clean shirt.

Alfred quickly followed after Arthur, tilting his head as he listened to the man speak. Get a man to give the money to him and then kill him. Alfred frowned a little.

Heroes didn’t go killing random people but…this guy was the villain of this story, wasn’t he? Alfred smiled a little, wrapping his mind around the thought. Yes…this man…He had borrowed tons of money and wasn’t paying it back.

Well that wouldn’t do!

Glancing at Arthur, Alfred grinned. “Go get the money then kill em’ right? No problem for the hero!” He blinked. “Where is he?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:30 am

Arthur couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. Hero...? Christ, if this boy wanted to be a hero, he was really siding with the wrong side of the crowd. (Alfred was truly an odd one...)

"Be patient," Arthur chastised. "He usually comes by here on Tuesdays, between eleven and noon. Here's his picture."

The Englishman handed Alfred a small polaroid picture of the man, depicting a balding gentleman who seemed to be in his forties. He had circular glasses and a rather big nose, framing a rather vivid pair of gray eyes. The photograph had obviously been taken without his notice.

"Remember, it isn't just a kidnap-and-shoot sort of mission; the mafioso who do so are usually the first ones to get caught and killed," Arthur advised, taking the picture back after giving Alfred sufficient time to study the target's features. "Taking action during daylight will mean the police will be just a little less prepared to apprehend you, but it also means that civilians might see you do something suspicious and report you to the police. You'd have to go into hiding for quite a while, if that were the case. Taking action at night would have the police be on full-guard, which may or may not cause some trouble. Do you understand?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Taking the picture, Alfred stared at the man for a moment, committing the image to memory before Arthur took back the picture from him. “I’m patient dude, I’m bein’ patient. Just wondering when and where this guy rolls around.” He smiled slightly, although it looked a little more like a grimace, trying to think of a way to kill the man without causing a huge mess.

Hey, huge chaos was totally his way to get around things. What was the fun in not showing off to people, and helping them at the same time? “So the people around can’t see me, the police can’t be around,” he glanced at Arthur with a blink. “Makes sense...” Shifting from one leg to another, he blinked, thinking for a moment before grinning.

“I think I have an idea,” he announced, waving his arms around with a grin on his face. “Don’t you worry…uh…Bushy brows! I’ll get your man.”

What? The man's eyebrows were practically popping off his face.
-------------

ohmygodsosorryigotcaughtupinschool.><;;

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum