Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You.

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You.

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 pm

It has only been half an hour until Arthur saw the message back and he couldn't help but be relieved that the man was there. Well...wait...why was he relieved or anything? It wasn't as if he particularly wanted to talk to Alfred! It wasn't like he had no one else to really talk to or anything though he knew that was pretty much a lie on his part.

"Very well, have a lovely shower." He replied back quickly before waiting for Alfred to send a message back. He shifted around a bit as he started to read the newspaper again, rather uninterested. Once again, it seemed as if the weather was the main news around here.

Though he couldn't help but ponder even more now. Did Alfred go to the gym all the time? If so, then his scrawny or rounder mental image of the boy was starting to shift into something more toned and lovely. He swallowed thickly. Well he could be one of those rounder blokes who are working hard to lose their weight. It wasn't as if he was against that. He admired dedication.

He really didn't have a set image of Alfred now. He was just even more curious now.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You.

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Alfred got Arthur's response before he got into the shower and he smiled at it. He would responded after he showered, even though he was eager to respond now. A shower came first and he was glad that he went when he did. No one was in the bathroom and it had just been cleaned. The water was still hot, which made him smile happily.

Washing his hair, Alfred's mind drifted back to Arthur and he couldn't help but try to paint a picture of the man in his mind. So far, he was sure that Arthur always wore nice clothes and was probably prim and proper all the time. Maybe he should ask for a picture... And he would try to find a picture of himself that didn't make him look like a kid...

As he finished his shower, Alfred went back to his room, a towel wrapped around his waist. He brought up the dating site and smiled at Arthur's message. He was very curious as to what the man looked like... So maybe he would ask...

"hey thanks for waiting! just finished my shower! i try to go to the gym every day, so thats why i replied when i did." Thinking for a moment, he tapped his fingers on his laptop before gathering his courage to type what he wanted to ask.

"i was wondering do you have a picture of yourself? i wanna know what you look like if thats okay with you?"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Arthur soon glanced back at the message when he finally got it and he assumed that Alfred was now out of the shower. Though he wasn't truly expecting the question that came up. Was it too soon to give a picture? Well either way, there was a pond between them just in case but...he couldn't help but be somewhat curious about Alfred himself.

There shouldn't be any harm in just showing a picture of himself. He would just have to be wary about actually meeting the man in real life. He quickly replied to the message.

"Alright. Let me find one first. I hope you don't mind showing an image in return?" He had to ask. He soon press send as he started to search for a picture.

It took him a bit of time but he soon found a picture that his family friend had taken of himself. Bonnefoy. Quite the annoying git but he had to admit that he was a lovely photographer. Forced to be friends from a young age, their families were extremely close though as the college years hit, Francis went to France to study some shit about model photography, fashion, all that while Arthur pursued a degree in English.

This picture was from a year ago but still, it was a picture that Francis had taken after he had found a lovely coat for Arthur. Arthur never thought of himself to be photogenic and he hardly took pictures of him so this was one of the few he had. It was of himself sitting on a black car, a lovely antique at that with that lovely dark jacket on as well as underneath a clean white button up shirt with a dark green sweatervest underneath. His trousers were grey in colour and he wore a hat similar to a Homburg, a large bouquet of red roses in one arm and a fag in his other hand.

As for his appearance, his hair was as messy and blonde as always, emerald eyes narrowed and the smallest of smirks on his lips. Honestly, the picture was well done but Arthur was still rather insecure of him yet it was either this or a webcam picture. How embarrassing. Unfortunately he had thicker eyebrows but he hoped Alfred could overlook this. Admittedly Arthur was a smoker and while he was trying to stop, he really couldn't help himself from having a smoke every once in a while.

So he soon opened up a new message and sent the image along with it. "Here. I hope this works out well."

Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Alfred chewed on his lower lip as he waited for a reply from Arthur. Maybe it had been too soon to ask... Sighing, he went to get dressed, throwing on some comfortable clothes. Loose jeans and a T-shirt was what Alfred considered nice clothing but he really didn't know much about fashion, so it was probably just a boring outfit but it was all he really had.

"of course i'll send a picture!" Alfred replied quickly before looking through his computer for a decent picture. Which picture could he send to Arthur?

He found a picture of himself that his brother Matthew had taken right before they went off to college. It had been at their birthday party and he was grinning like an idiot, flashing a peace sign at the camera. Well, yeah, it made him look like a teenager (he still was, technically) but he didn't want to take a picture with his webcam. It wasn't exactly that great at taking pictures...

His blond hair was a glorious mess, with that little cowlick that refused to go down and his blue eyes shown brightly in the photo but all Alfred could see was a kid. Sighing, he sent the picture. "i hope i look ok!"

After sending his picture, he opened the image file that Arthur had sent him and he stopped cold. Arthur... Arthur was really, really handsome... His eyes landed on some overly large eyebrows but that seemed to be the only thing a bit off with him. Everything else... wow... Arthur looked great... And he definitely looked twenty-six, not like some stupid teenager pretending to be older...
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Arthur waited patiently for Alfred to send his picture, shifting around a bit as nervousness raced in his heart. What if the man stopped talking to him because of the picture. Yet he soon saw the file sent over to him and he couldn't help himself... He soon opened the picture file and saw that Alfred...looked....really young.

Like he was still a teenager. Maybe he just aged really well! Of course he did! He smiled a bit as he took in the sight. Any previous images were tossed to the side when it came to his visualisation on the man across the pond. He was....very attractive actually. A bit youthful looking and he had this annoying strand of hair which seemed to stick up but other than that...he was very, very good looking.

He blushed a bit, shifting around a bit. Any worries about physical appearance started to die down and wow, was he really thinking about all of this? He...just met this man!

Hesitantly he opened up the reply box before typing in. "Wow, Alfred. You look great." He couldn't help but smile a bit. "You age rather gracefully, don't you?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Oh God, had the picture been a bad idea? It was obvious that Arthur was an adult while Alfred was still pretty much a kid. Sure, he was eighteen and legally and adult but he had just started college... If Arthur found out his real age, would he even want to talk to him anymore?

When he saw Arthur's reply, he laughed nervously. Arthur thought he just aged well. Sure, twenty-three wasn't too far from eighteen but Alfred was still growing so maybe it was too obvious that he was a kid...

"you think i look great? i could say the same about you! you look very classy in that outfit!" He smiled a little as he looked over Arthur's picture again. He wanted to mention the eyebrows but decided against it. Maybe those were a sore spot for Arthur... They were rather large but he liked them... They were unique to Arthur and Alfred liked them.

"you're very handsome, arthur"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Arthur couldn't help but think that Alfred looked like he was nineteen though it was hard to tell the age difference between a man who was twenty-three and nineteen at times. Either way, it didn't really matter as long as the man was only a bit younger than him, then it was completely fine.

He smiled a bit to himself, finding the man just a bit more bearable. Honestly, he was rather shallow at times though he would only ever date someone for who they were inside.

"Of course. I'm rather surprised with your appearances actually. You can never really trust how the person appears behind the computer until you actually see either a photo or webcam, I suppose."

The eyebrows were admittedly a huge sore spot for Arthur and he had repeatedly tried to pluck them though it never worked. He was ashamed of them but...hopefully the man didn't mind. He couldn't help but redden when he saw the last message.

"You think so? Thank you, Alfred. I appreciate that." He was flattered.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:52 pm

"i guess your right. theres plenty of nice people online but also lots of weirdos. i was pretty hesitant to join this site, actually, so im glad i met you!"

Alfred felt himself grinning like an idiot as he typed his response to Arthur. He really was acting like a kid right now, so he was kind of glad that they weren't talking via webcam. Arthur would probably find him downright annoying and childish... and he wanted to make sure to act older until he felt more comfortable around Arthur. He didn't want the man to ignore him just because of their age difference.

But what if Arthur got suspicious? Alfred had no idea if a twenty-three year old acted much different than an eighteen year old. There was also his terrible grammar and writing, which anyone supposedly going to grad school would have to be good at, right?

Shaking his head, Alfred turned his attention back to his reply. He didn't want to have to keep Arthur waiting too long.

"you do! you look great in that picture, arthur"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Arthur smiled a bit and considering his joining date, he could tell that he was new like himself. Well at least there was that bit of a reassurance. "I was rather hesitant myself but I suppose it's rather hard for people to hold an interest for me. I tend to be not their type usually over here in London." He couldn't help but admit that.

"I suppose I just want to get myself into the dating scene I suppose. It's been rather lonely recently." He didn't know why he was admitting this but considering that Alfred was simply on the internet, there should be no problem.

In all reality, the Englishman would probably hate webcam though he was certain he would prefer either voice chatting or webcamming rather than having to deal with Alfred's grammar. In fact...it seemed very nice in comparison. But he wasn't certain if Alfred was comfortable or anything with that.

He once again reddened at the mention of well...that compliment. "Thank you once again. I appreciate your compliment." He hesitated. "Would you mind doing a voice chat? I understand if you don't want to." But he could hope that he wouldn't have to deal with the man's typing.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:23 pm

"not someones type? but arthur your really nice! plus you own a bookstore! how can people not find you interesting? well i think your interesting ok? so just remember that!" Alfred smiled at the computer screen, glad that he wasn't the only one who was having trouble dating. Though Alfred's problem was that he didn't want to tell anyone he knew that he was gay...

Alfred scanned the rest of Arthur's reply before his eyes widened slightly. Arthur wanted to talk to him? A bit nervous, Alfred debated whether to say yes or no. He really wanted to talk to Arthur but he had been told that he had a rather... annoying voice. Hopefully Arthur wouldn't find it annoying...

"really? we can totally voice chat! lemme get my mic!"

Fumbling around with his mic, he finally got the headphones and mic set up, nervously waiting for Arthur to send a voice chat request.
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Arthur honestly was flattered because no one ever really found him interesting. He was just always boring Arthur Kirkland who never really had anything exciting going for him. This man just didn't know him well enough yet. That was all. While Arthur swung both ways, his main problem was that he hardly ever expressed interest in anyone and vice versa.

Soon he started to wait for the American to grab his mic and he found himself to be rather nervous as well. It was still too early for any customers to come in. So he soon grabbed his headset and shifted around nervously before seeing that Alfred seemed to be ready.

He waited for a few moments before finally sending the voice chat request, waiting for Alfred to accept.

"Ah, 'ello Alfred? Is this thing working?" He tried out, his accent thick and most definitely English .
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:12 pm

It may have been the fact that Arthur was older than Alfred that he found the man interesting but he truly did want to get to know him better. After all, anyone who likes Harry Potter was totally awesome in Alfred's view. Hopefully, after they talked some more, Arthur would find him interesting too.

Nervous, Alfred double checked to make sure that his headphones and mic were connected before accepting the voice chat. A voice with a totally sexy British accent met his ears and Alfred had to struggle not to gasp out loud. Damn, he should have remembered that Arthur was British and would therefore have a totally hot accent!

"H-Hey! I can hear you loud and clear, buddy. How's it working for you?" And there he went, starting his first vocal conversation with a stutter. He was so lame...
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Arthur didn't really know what Alfred found interesting about him but he hoped it was something with his personality. Though in all reality, he was a bit mean when it came to his personality and all that. Either way, he was sure he could manage. He just hoped that he could find Alfred interesting as well. He was a rather attractive bloke, he couldn't deny that.

He couldn't help but raise his eyebrows at the voice and bloody hell, he was loud! Ah well, maybe just the microphone or maybe because he was an American. The accent didn't really surprise him but at least he wasn't cringing every time because of incorrect spellings or anything like that.

"Ah, working just fine for me, love." He murmured, smiling a bit. "I much prefer this. Seems more personal, don't you think so, Alfred?" He questioned, voice soft and smooth though very clear as each rolled off his tongue easily, accent always thick though it was soft. He had a lovely lilt to each of his words and it was obvious that he was quite proficient with the English language.

"I hope you don't mind voice chat? I understand if you do."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:43 pm

While they hadn't had much time to get to know each other, Alfred hoped that Arthur would eventually come to find him interesting for who he was. Then maybe he could confess that he was actually eighteen and not twenty-three... But that certainly wouldn't be happening any time soon!

Blushing as he listening to Arthur's voice, Alfred had to remind himself that he had to participate in the conversation. He couldn't just zone out, listening to the lovely English voice that Arthur had. His own voice was probably terrible in comparison but so far, Arthur didn't sound annoyed, so that was a good thing!

"I'm so glad it works! I usually don't use voice chat that much, unless I'm talking to my brother so I hope the connection won't spaz out or anything. That happens sometimes and it's really annoying, y'know?" Alfred frowned a little, hating how he had started rambling. It always happened when he was nervous!

"Voice chat is just fine! Really!"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Arthur still needed to hear more about Alfred before he actually would think that he was interesting. Probably one of the most interesting things about him was what he was going to major in. In fact, that sounded absolutely lovely and the man's enthusiasm seemed rather infectious.

He hoped that Alfred really didn't mind listening to him. He was probably more bearable when it came to being on text but he preferred to listen to Alfred rather than anything else. At least he seemed a lot more comprehensible and by the sound of it, he didn't really think he would have to worry about Alfred secretly being much older than himself.

"Completely fine. This is actually my first time using voice chat. These bloody contraptions can be rather confusing at times." He couldn't help but grumble softly to himself at that. He really did hate computers at times! He soon went silent, trying to find something that he could keep the conversation going.

"Ah...well.." He reddened a bit. "I was serious when...I mentioned that you look good in your image." He smiled a bit. "A very dashing young man."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Alfred smiled to himself, once again glad that his roommate was gone. He really didn't need to explain why he was talking to some man in England to his roommate. That probably wouldn't go very well... Plus, now he could listen to Arthur's awesome accent without anyone thinking his stupid grins were weird.

"Really? Well, I guess these things can be confusing at times. I'm just a bit of a tech geek so things like this are pretty easy for me." Smiling, he tried to imagine book loving Arthur struggling with computers and whatnot. It... actually was pretty easy to picture and he had to stifle a laugh.

The laugh did slip out, though, as a nervous giggle when Arthur called him "dashing." What an incredibly British word... but it sounded so nice coming from Arthur, that the only thing Alfred could think to do was sit there and blush.

"Y-You really think so? Er, it w-was just a stupid picture my brother took..."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Arthur blinked a bit at that, just listening to the man quietly before he smiled a bit to himself. So he was rather good with technology? Well that explained quite a bit about Alfred. Gave him more insight into what kind of man he was. In fact, he seemed like a rather pleasant bloke now that he was able to talk to him more easily.

"Ah, I suppose I'm just getting old then." He joked, smiling a bit more as he leant back in his chair, finally placing the newspaper away as he focused on the computer screen though he really didn't have anything up.

Hearing what the man said, he soon laughed, laugh soft and gentle and it sounded amused. He was supposed...to flirt with him, right? This was a dating site after all and they weren't necessarily here just to make friends. They were here to get to know the other person and potentially date them. He might as well admit some truths.

"Blast. You're so cute, Alfred." He whispered, an amused smile on his lips. "A bit shy, mm?" He questioned.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:28 pm

"Oh c'mon, you're not old. Twenty-six is not old!" Even though, to Alfred, twenty-six seemed pretty far off and was thus old in his mind. Though he would never say that to Arthur, ever, because he really did want to keep talking to the man.

Listening to Arthur laugh made Alfred blush even more. Had he said something funny? All he remembered doing was stuttering like an idiot because Arthur thought he looked good. Maybe Arthur was laughing at that?

His embarrassment didn't lessen as Arthur continued to talk, telling him that he was cute. Cute! He was not cute! He was totally awesome and manly and handsome! ...Right?

"C-Cute?" Crap, there was that stutter again. "You're just saying that... And I guess I'm a bit shy..." He pouted, knowing that around most people, he was never shy, but around someone he liked, he became a nervous wreck. Which was part of the reason he never paid attention to guys at his school. Much too awkward...
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Arthur smiled at that and honestly, he wished he was younger. In all truthfulness, he had a preference for those who were younger. He was not a paedophile in anyway, he preferred them to be of legal age but he definitely liked women or men younger than him. He had no idea why but they always seemed so lovely to him. Maybe that was why he had a bit of a leaning towards Alfred.

He usually didn't tend to laugh at people or laugh at them to be insulting. Instead he normally laughed when he found something rather amusing and honestly, the American was starting to prove himself to be rather cute.

He lowered his voice a bit, more sultry like than what he was intending. "Trust me, love. I don't simply say things without meaning it. How shy you are right now, the small stutter you seem to carry. It's endearing." He could already imagine what the other looked like at the moment.

Was he not supposed to be somewhat flirtatious or at least making a move...? To show that he was even slightly interested?
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:32 pm

If asked about his preferences in a partner, other than wanting a guy, Alfred wanted someone older than him. Not ridiculously older than him but definitely someone who knew what the heck they were doing. Since he was very far in the closet, he had no idea how to do anything. It wasn't just intimate things, either. He had no idea how to really have a relationship.

Alfred chewed on his bottom lip, feeling his blush grow as Arthur spoke. He was sure that by now, he was as red as a tomato and it was all Arthur's fault. Not that he minded... He quite liked it when Arthur spoke like that...

"Th-Thank you... I hope I don't sound too lame... I'm just not used to... talking to guys about this kind of stuff..."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Arthur was quite picky with his preferences though Alfred seemed to pass his preferences when it came to age and physical appearances. Yet either way, he really was trying to search for something else in Alfred that he could possibly enjoy. Though he really did like teasing the man. He adored trying to make him so very flustered. It was rather endearing.

The Englishman simply leant back in his chair and thought about it for a long moment before smiling. "Oh? And what kind of 'stuff' are we talking about, poppet?" He asked, accent thickening just slightly. "And don't worry. You don't sound lame at all."

Was he being too forward? Was he going to scare Alfred off? He should probably hold back on his advances though.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:45 am

Even though Arthur was being a tease, Alfred couldn't help but want to continue talking to him. It wasn't just because of the awesome accent, though that helped, it was that Alfred really did want to get to know more about Arthur and possibly form a relationship. He was glad that he had picked Arthur as the first person he talked to. Unless things between them didn't work out, he figured he would only talk to Arthur.

Did Arthur really just ask him to elaborate on what he had meant by 'stuff'? Blushing furiously by now, he chewed on his lower lip, trying to think of how to answer that question. And... had Arthur's accent gotten heavier? W-Well... that was quite... lovely.

"Y-Y'know! Stuff! Like... d-dating and relationships and stuff... that kind of stuff!"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 am

Arthur still had no idea why Alfred even wanted to talk to him. He was being completely uncivilised at the moment (though he really couldn't help himself at the moment). Arthur was at the moment skimming through other people's profiles, trying to find anything interesting though he couldn't help but frown as he saw each person's profile.

Too seemingly stupid, too similar...how boring, too radical, too French, and he soon found himself focusing back on Alfred's voice.

He could really give this man a shot. He didn't seem all too bad. So instead he smirked a bit to himself, raising his eyebrows as he crossed his legs a bit.

"Is that so?" He questioned lowly though with amusement. "I suppose I can help remedy that, love. You are on a dating site after all. There's at least some interest you must hold in me considering that you contact me first, mm?" He continued. Honestly he was never this forward but not being able to see Alfred's face at the moment really helped him with his confidence.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Alfred had looked through quite a few profiles before landing on Arthur's. While he had been looking for someone older than him, none of the profiles he looked at interested him. They were all boring businessmen too busy to do the dating scene and who probably wouldn't be interested in dating some kid in college.

But Arthur... Arthur had been different. He owned his own bookstore, which was pretty rare these days, especially when the big chain bookstores were struggling for money. It had definitely intrigued Alfred and he was glad that he had chosen Arthur to send a message to.

Even if the Brit was currently finding it very amusing to tease him.

"W-Well, yes, I guess that's true... B-But it's because I wanted to m-meet someone... Like y-you. I thought you were interesting and I was right! You're fun to talk to, Arthur!" Alfred grinned, a soft blush still covering his cheeks. "Honestly, you're the only one I sent a message to..."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Arthur had never even really looked through the profiles before he was actually sent a message by Alfred. He wanted to talk to people who found him interesting rather than force his way through and it seemed as if the American so far was the only one who really thought so. Yet it was better than nothing at all.

He was the kind of man to run a small business on his own. He wasn't certain how that was necessarily interesting but it seemed to be interesting enough for Alfred. Honestly though, it wasn't necessarily an uncommon thing but at least it made him more available. He set out his own times and never had to worry about paying others or anything like that. He was just working for himself, no one else.

He was just glad that someone was intrigued enough to actually message him.

"Meet someone like me?" He questioned, actually rather curious before he paused. "And what do you like in another man, Alfred?" He asked. "Or to be more precise...what is your type of man?" He questioned before smiling. He couldn't help but redden at the fact that he was the only one the man actually sent a message to. He might have been lying though.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next