Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

2 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff] Empty We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:10 am

The captain was dead. Right there on the bridge, crumpled on the ground like an empty plastic bag, the person formerly known as the captain of the Dramatic Exit.

The boatswain could barely bring himself to look at the ex-captain who was currently lying on the ground with a leaking hole in his head. Lazer pistols were not very pleasant when they came into contact with human flesh, that was for sure.

Since there wasn't much else he could do, the boatswain with the large eyebrows and the piercing green eyes picked up the ex-captain's hat, brushed off the singed hairs and placed it upon his head. There were few objections as the new captain began barking out orders to fight off the invaders that had so rudely caused this change in the chain of command.

After the skirmish was over, nobody bothered to protest the new captain. Sure, the captain didn't have the most pleasing or tactful personality, but he made up for it by being pragmatic and competent. Plus it didn't hurt to be good with navigation, and few humans wanted to get lost in the vastness of space. It certainly made up for the stigma of being an ex-military man.

Soon enough, the new captain would ensure that his name would be infamous in this solar system...

Captain Arthur Kirkland.

--------
a few years later
--------

The planet of Whitechapel wasn't large in the least nor particularly wealthy. To be frank, it was more of a rowdy place, a sort of slums for the not particularly far off central planets. The shortest description of the planet would be "small and impoverished". The central planets proved to be a reminder in the clear blue sky of Whitechapel that, indeed there were richer and better off planets, and, one day, if you somehow managed to win the rigged lottery, any slum rat could walk among the aristocrats and the well to do.

However, none of this was of concern to Captain Kirkland. He was on the moon strictly for business.

He disliked getting his boots dirty with the dry and alkaline-rich soil. The flaky yet pale white soil had given Whitechapel its name, however, it seemed fond of dirtying Captain Kirkland's clothing, much to his dismay. Nevertheless, he still had a job to do, and soil was not going to stop him.

(( Ahaha, I can assure you that my posts will probably not be this long again. ))
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff] Empty Re: We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

No matter the planet, every seedy bar looked the same. Smoke permeated the building and the rowdy drunkards went waving guns and demanding more alcohol to feed their addiction. The furniture was grimy and the booze was cheap, but such was life down in the slums of space. Only the rich or lucky wound up wound up walking along the clean, gold plated streets of some central world. The rest resided here - focusing on surviving rather than living.

Alfred sat towards the back, his boots kicked up onto a table and a shot of something strong. On his head sat a worn brown leather hat and strapped to his thighs were two laser pistols - typical for his line of work. It was obvious he was a servant of the law around these parts, but nobody paid him any mind. The law around here were corrupted or could be bought off when all else failed. He inwardly smirked at the thought and brought the liquor to his lips.

He wasn’t like all those other officers. Despite his age and inexperience, he was determined to bring about a difference out in the new territories. Which is how he found himself out in Whitechapel. He wasn’t particularly fond of this planet, but his mission required him to stake out here. There was a particular ship that he was meant to track and follow, but the federation hadn’t bothered to give him the specifics until he had made the journey out to the outer territory. When he arrived, all that awaited him were the instructions to wait for more information. This irritated the young man, but he did as he instructed.

For weeks he had been on the damn planet, waiting in the same dirty bar in the same seat, staring at the door with intense blue eyes as if expecting that today would be different. Alfred tilted his head back, draining the rest of rest of his shot. He winced a bit as the strength of the alcohol burned his nose. “Looks like today is not the day…” He murmured, kicking off the table to leave.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff] Empty Re: We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Captain Kirkland was both out of place and right at home in seedy bars. Just by looking at him, he was well dressed, but the fact that he was in a slum and not one of the central planets proved that his line of work happened to be less than legal. It wasn't hard to tell that he was used to dirty settings and thieves. Yet, there was this air of disdain that settled around him, where everything from his upright posture to the frown on his face said that he firmly believed he was better than the scum of the earth.

Captain Kirkland, though a pirate, never quite had the military training beaten out of him. He had been part of an upper middle class family. However, seeing as he was one of the youngest sons, the only options for money making were joining the military or becoming a priest. There was little surprise when the rambunctious and anything-but-chaste teenager picked the military as his choice.

Nevertheless, here he was, doing business and drinking with the scum of society. After all, money was money, where Arthur was concerned, and well, pirating did pay more than his previous career, not that anything other than a will to live had inspired his change of careers.

Brushing past a lawman who was about to get up from his table, Arthur stepped up to the bar and ordered some rum. After all, he had to wait for his contact, a brusque and bloodthirsty albino mercenary from the long-abandoned moon of Brandenburg. Captain Kirkland sighed and took a sip of rum. Though he disliked the mercenary, he certainly enjoyed the jobs that he offered.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Alfred stopped short when a short, blond man brushed passed him on his way to the bar. This normally wouldn’t have caused him to bat an eye, but the man’s attire caught him off guard. Never before had he seen such a wealthy looking man in seedy bar like this one. The scene was so off setting that Alfred stayed where he was and watched silently. The man ordered himself a rum and settled in for what appeared to be a long waiting period.

On any other day, the young man might have let this strange occurrence slide. But, having be stuck on this wasteland of a planet for so long had made him curious and had ignited his lust for a good fight. The drunkards that tended to hang around this place were nothing but a bunch of low level criminals; hardly worth the effort, but this particular man was something different.

Alfred settled back against the far wall, simply choosing to observe for now. Whoever this guy was, he held more power than the average scum - and from the way he held himself, he certainly knew it. Arrogant little bastard, Alfred thought to himself with a chuckle. Still, he was intrigued and his appearance had certainly given him the opportunity to make something of this waste of a day. If his contact wasn’t going to arrive, he might as well look and see if he could score some points with the federation by bringing in a high class criminal.

He stepped forward confidently and took his place at the bar to order another shot. He leaned back against the countertop as he drank, looking over at the green-eyed man with interest. “So,” He started, slowly allowing the burning liquid to travel down his throat. “I’m guessing you’re not a merchant, are you?” Alfred slid a hand down to grasp the handle of one of his lazer pistols, casually twirling it in front of him. “I know I’ve seen your face before… federation wanted posters perhaps?” He suggested, making light conversation as he stared at the man. He hoped the man wouldn’t start running - he was itching for a good, honest fight. And from the looks of this one, he was sure that this was going to be an interesting one.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Captain Kirkland knew he was being watched by the cowboy. The man was anything but subtle, really, so he was hardly surprised when the other saddled up to the bar and began to speak. Arthur felt quite strongly that dealing with the riff raff of the town was a waste of his valuable time. Didn't they say that time was money, after all?

"I do believe I pay you lawmen to keep your mouths shut. So kindly step away from me and stop wasting my time. Or perhaps you're a wannabe bounty hunter? I'm sure the other fugitives in this lovely establishment would be delighted to see you," Arthur sneered, not even bothering to look at the man next to him. However, the sheer audacity of the other set Arthur on edge a bit. His hand never strayed too far from his own lazer pistol.

Captain Kirkland took another sip of rum.

Arthur wasn't happy. As long as this idiot was standing about, the damned mercenary would never show up. No mercenary meant no money, and that was absolutely unacceptable. The pirate's already minimal patience was quickly growing thin. After all, money was power, and there was nothing Arthur loved more than the alluring smell of power.

Captain Kirkland was in no mood to fight or mess around, however, if he was provoked, he was not one to back down or run away.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Alfred grinned at the remark that was snapped back at him, stopping his fancy gun work with practiced ease. Ah, so he was a big enough criminal to have his own deal with the corrupted lawmakers out in territories - that was a nifty piece of information. Normally the federation, if the payoffs were substantial enough, disliked even entertaining the idea of pulling the big name crime lords off the circuit. He had been specifically warned not to do anything that might even slightly damage the federation’s income - that was a crime punishable by relocation to the coldest, most desolate planets. But Alfred had made a vow to himself when he sighed up. He was going to clean out all the corruption and greed, no matter what the consequences were. Starting now.

“I’m not looking for some payoff from you, nor am I interested in collecting your bounty.” He unstrapped the other lazer from his side, keeping it at the ready by his leg. “What I am interested in is cleaning your kind out of these parts. Now tell me, who are you? I’d like to know just on the good chance that this doesn’t go in your favor.” He held the pistol up at this point, taking aim with lazy confidence. One thing that nobody could deny, he was quite the sharpshooter. He was more than willing to bet his life on the skills he possessed with that gun.

“Now come on, don’t be shy. I’d like to at least be entertained before this ends.” He taunted, not even bothering to push off against the counter behind him. From this guy’s appearance, he wasn’t much to ride home about physically. And if it came down to a shoot off, Alfred was more than confident of his success. He honestly had no interest in killing the man, he just wanted to coax him into action. It was so boring out here and a good fight always cheered the young man up.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:34 am

Captain Kirkland refused to pick up the bait, taking another drink and still not bothering to glance at the cowboy. "Though I do swing that way, I am not interested in fucking a little brat who can't keep it in his pants. If you think your little gun tricks and threats are impressing me, let me be blunt, piss off." Arthur figured that hitting below the belt was an appropriate response. Even on the best of days, Arthur was not above fighting dirty, whether it be verbal sparring, or an actual gunfight.

His crew knew very well that Arthur's specialty was in stealth and speed. Rather than depend on brute force, Arthur preferred to use speed to deliver his attacks. After all, it would be very impractical for someone of his stature to be a body builder. Instead, he tended to make the most of his small size with ruthless efficiency. Since he wasn't much of a fan of dirt or blood, Arthur quite enjoyed fights that ended quickly. As such, he favored mid to long range weapons in fights, though he wasn't above daggers (though he did have to admit he enjoyed throwing them with undeniable accuracy).

"Now then, go bother someone who is of your rank, puppy. You have no business here, and I have better things to do than collar a pup who thinks himself a wolf." Arthur's hand moved closer to his gun, seeing as his patience with the young man was growing very thin. However, he did admit a wish to solve this peacefully so he wouldn't have to deal with any blood or dirt that might mess up his clothing.

Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Alfred flushed angrily at the comment and immediately gripped his pistols with more force then necessary. “I have no interest in anything of that nature, old man! I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than have your lay your filthy hands on me!” He snapped, mildly considering changing the setting form stun on his pistols. The sudden quietness of the bar caused him to realize how loud he had been shouting, prompting him to turn an even deeper red from humiliation. Damn him - he was just trying to get a rise out of him, and he had let it get to him.

The young man trained his eyes on the body language of the criminal, waiting for any tell tale signs that he was going to attack. Nothing came immediately (save for another insult which caused him to flush angrily again). The rational part of him wanted to back down, just like the man suggested and leave while he still could. But the more dominate, more stubborn part wanted nothing more than to get the last laugh - no matter what the cost.

“If you talk so big than prove it.” He raised one pistol up, taking aim least he pulled out a gun of his own. The other pistol he kept partially hidden at his thigh, hand tensed and at the ready for any movement. “I’d like to see you try and take me down, old man.” He taunted, reading his body for the fight to come. Alfred’s blue eyes flashed with determination. He was tired of people treating him as nothing more than a stupid, inexperienced child. He was strong and brave - nobody was going to talk down to him, especially not some criminal hanging around a seedy bar in the middle of Whitechapel. “Well? You’re going to bore me if all you do is fall asleep on me.” He prodded again.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:13 am

Captain Kirkland smirked at the intense reactions his ridicule had provoked. Seeing the other man blush and get all flustered only seemed to widen the smug smirk plastered upon the criminal's face. Since Arthur was in no mood for a fair fight- well, he rarely, if ever, was in such a mood- nevertheless, he reached out and grabbed the other man's pistol, taking care to make sure it was no longer aimed at himself.

Finally, Captain Kirkland faced the lawman to get a good look at him. However, he had to move quickly, so that the other wouldn't slip through his grasp. Arthur used this chance to distract and further torment his aggressor by licking the other man upon the cheek.

Hoping that the lick would be enough to distract the angry young man, Arthur reached for his pistol, pressing it up against the other man's stomach. "It's a shame they didn't teach a brat like you manners. Give me one reason why I shouldn't give you a lovely hole in your abdominal cavity? I'm sure the rats here would love a good meal," Arthur purred out, still very close to the man he was threatening.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 am

Despite all his talk, Alfred was completely unprepared for the other man attack. Instead of pulling out a gun of his own like the young man had expected, he whipped his hand backward and grabbed for the pistol in his hand. Half a second passed and he felt a tongue graze his cheek, sending confusing shivers down his spine. In order to save himself, Alfred twisted his body quickly, raising his other pistol up just as he felt the cool metal of a gun against his own stomach.

Shit. He cursed silently, glaring up at the villain with intense pools of blue. He had a definite advantage physically, but this guy was fast and he sure as hell didn’t play fair. If he tried to shove him back, there was a good chance he would be blown to kingdom come before he had the chance to retaliate. That left Alfred with little option, so he decided to play it by the other’s rules. See how he liked the game when it was his life at stake.

Alfred grinned and pressed the free pistol against the other man’s gut, inwardly thanking his own quick thinking. “Is saving your own skin a good enough reason for you, old man?” He leaned in closer until their noses almost touched, still wearing his signature cocksure grin. To hell with this guy’s mind games, he could play just as well as him if he wanted. Alfred tilted his head down slightly, staring deeply into a pair of sharp, emerald green eyes in an almost intimately intense gaze. “Hmm?” He prodded the other man’s stomach lightly, never letting his gaze stray from his face. Stand-off’s he could do. He still did not have any clue as to what the other man’s weak points were, but establishing himself on the same level was a good enough start. As long as he didn’t shoot him first.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:13 am

Captain Kirkland let out a harsh chuckle. "You're quite interesting, lad. And I must admit this is the strangest form of flirting I've ever witnessed," Arthur's smirk widened as he moved closer, despite the gun pointed to his stomach. He drove his leg in between the other man's, teasingly rubbing against the other man's crotch. "Does this sort of thing get you off? For you see, I don't think you're going to kill me. No, I'm much too interesting. Especially when you are stuck here on a dead little planet like this one." Arthur decided to call the man's bluff.

"So, why don't you put your guns away and leave this saloon? Otherwise, I'll be forced to kill you, and I'm certain that's not a priority for you." Arthur calmly suggested, poking the other man's stomach with his lazer pistol. "I've seen what these guns do to people, and it's not pretty. Besides, I'd rather not ruin my lovely coat."

He moved closer to the lawman, much too close for comfort, that was for sure. Arthur's mouth was teasingly close to the other's. He purred again, "Don't you want to live? I'm sure you'd enjoy getting fucked senseless by me. I could take you over this bar, against a wall, perhaps even on a bed, if you're well-behaved." Arthur had found the other's insecurities and latched onto them, ruthlessly harassing the other man so that Arthur could intimidate him into backing down. Frankly, Arthur doubted that he'd make good on his offer to sleep with the other, but he was sure it would serve to humiliate the other man further.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am

Alfred stayed still, willing himself not to violently back away even when the knee pushed open his legs and began rubbing up against his groin. A strange combination of heat and disgust pooled in his stomach, making it difficult to distinguish what he was feeling. He bit his tongue to keep from swearing loudly and instead focused on glaring heatedly down at the man before him. “That’s a bit hypocritical, don’t you think? You’re the one pressed up against me, old man.” He grinned, looking meaningfully down at the leg wedged between his own. “I think you have the hots for this fine piece of ass.”

He found himself leaning backwards slightly as the older man came forward, his lips stopping far too close to his own for his taste. At the lewd suggestions that spilled from his mouth, Alfred couldn’t help but flush an angry pink. Shit, how did he know his weak points so well?! His hand shook slightly, his resolve to continue this game of chess wavering. There was little chance that this guy was serious at all about his offers, but the ideas themselves were enough to make him nervous. He hated being forced to back down, but if this continued, he wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take. He mentally went through his options, groaning when he realized what the sensible one was. Conceding would wound his pride, but it would save his life.

Alfred slowly lowered his pistol, glaring daggers at the man before him. “Get the fuck off of me.” He murmured, words dripping with venom as he allowed the fake seduction act to drop completely. He hated having to admit defeat to anyone, least of all when he was the one to start the conflict, but his rational mind could not allow himself to continue. It was simply too dangerous. Despite knowing this, he couldn’t help but feel absolutely humiliated by his obvious defeat. Nearly everybody in the damn bar was watching them and sniggering. His cheeks burned and he ground his teeth angrily. Screw the assignment. As soon as he got out of here, he was leaving this fucking planet and heading back to the federation for reassignment.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Stepping away from the lawman, Captain Kirkland brushed his coat of, making sure to rid himself of any perceived dirt his proximity to the other man had caused. Arthur then let out a harsh chuckle as he turned back towards the bar to finish his rum. "Perhaps you should be apologizing for bothering me like that. I do hope you learned your lesson, brat."

Arthur took a few more sips of alcohol as a well-armed albino man wandered up. The newcomer snickered, "Kesesese, that was quite the show." He patted Arthur on the back and sat down next to him, holding a beer. "Did you see the color of his face? You'd think he was a virgin!"

Arthur rolled his eyes. "Shut up GIlbert. That idiot was annoying enough as it was. You know why I'm here."

(( OOC: Ah, I'm sorry this reply is really lame. ;u; ))
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Alfred pushed passed the man the second he removed his body from his, face burning with a combination of humiliation and anger. How dare he play with his weak points and than, after he conceded defeat, add insult to injury by having the audacity to suggest an apology from him! Alfred swore angrily as he pushed his way out of the saloon, hating the bastard who had gotten the better of him.

He stormed down to the shipyard to get the hell off this planet when something caught his attention. A grand ship, the likes of which he had never seen had been docked at the edge of the platform, it’s presence looming ominously over the virtually empty shipyard. He inspected the ship with interest from a distance, recognizing it from description alone. Dramatic Exist, one of the most infamous pirate vessels of the new frontier. Than that left the new comer he had just encountered to be it’s captain. Alfred rushed to his own ship, going through the federation black book to put a name to the face. Within minutes he confirmed what he already suspected - that bastard was non other than Captain Kirkland himself.

For a minute, all he could do was process the information. That son of a bitch was Captain Kirkland. Not just some high raking scum who made his way up into the big leagues through with some luck and money, but a ruthless pirate captain with skills that were the stuff of legend. Alfred grinned, glancing back at the grand ship anchored not far from his own. Interesting.

A plan had formulated within his mind and before he could develop any common sense, he already had his tools and was heading down the doc towards the ship. He waited silently for an opening and easily located an air duct at the bottom of the hull, kicking it open with ease. He half expected an alarm to go off, but nothing of the sort happened. “Not much of a security system.” Passing it off as a foolish mistake on Kirkland’s part, he slipped easily inside the duct and began crawling through the shaft to find the central computer.

Alfred had worked with ships all his life and had an extensive background working as a mechanic until he could afford apply for a federation position, so locating the device he needed was simple. As he hopped down into the heart of the ship, he was once again met with no opposition or alarm system. He frowned a bit, but resolved to stay careful and keep this visit short. Alfred snapped his goggles over his eyes and pulled out his lazer tools to break into the mainframe. Once he had the device opened, he set to work. First he changed up the ship’s navigation system, inwardly chuckling at the distress it would be sure to cause the captain later. He than messed around with steering and for kicks, he fucked with all the security codes to keep them from breaking back in too quickly. Satisfied with his work, he sealed the main computer’s defenses back up with ease and shoved his goggles up against his hairline. “Take that you son of a bitch,” He said, flipping off the computer before sliding back into the air duct to make his grand escape.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:27 am

Sadly, Alfred's great escape was doomed to fail. Arthur did, in fact, lack the tightest security. After all, he assumed that most people would pick up on the fact that it was one of the most infamous pirate ships around and thus would avoid it. That, and the pirate captain was technologically incompetent. Captain Kirkland was fast with weapons, and even quicker with his wit, but this intelligence did not extend over to the many technologies of his ship. The captain couldn't pilot the ship, nor was he even allowed to be in the kitchen without supervision. The one piece of technology he could operate, in fact, was the tea kettle. Thus, Arthur tended to rely on his crew for matters beyond his comprehension.

While not the best, the ship's mechanic was a spacey young man from a rural planet not too far from the albino's Brandenburg. Antonio Fernandez Carriedo was a relatively competent mechanic, though he was much more at home on a farm, growing tomatoes. At the time, he and some of the other crew were inspecting the damage from a previous skirmish, turning off the alarm systems so that they could make the repairs. As Alfred was messing around with their systems, the group of pirates finished their repairs.

Walking back onto the ship, Antonio was eating a raw tomato, a treat he got every time he could when they landed on a planet. The tomato slipped out of his grasp, and rolled right next to the open air duct, something he never would have noticed on his own (not that he noticed much anyways).

Deciding that it had popped loose when they landed, he quickly put it back on and sealed it, unwittingly trapping the lawman inside the ship. He picked up his tomato, brushed it off on his shirt and resumed eating it before heading back onto the ship, waiting for their captain's return.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:20 am

Alfred traveled through the air duct as quickly as he could. He had lost track of time while he was working and the last thing he wanted was to be caught here by that bastard of a captain. Within a few minutes, he was back where he started, but instead of an open air duct, the steel pane was back in place. Alright, no big deal, he could kick it out from here. The young man scooted backwards slightly and kicked his foot against the metal, cursing loudly when it did nothing but bruise his foot. “Shit!” He pulled his now sore limb back and flipped his goggles back over his face, staring intensely at the metal pane. It was sealed up tight. He cursed again and pulled out a small device from his belt, scanning the air any chemicals which would prove unfavorable to using his lazer tools. He grumbled in annoyance and shoved the device back in it’s place, staring uselessly at the sealed pane.

He could attempt to saw it open manually, but with the amount of chemicals in the air, he was more likely to blow himself up than escape. That left him with no other options than to abandon this exist and try and find a different one before Kirkland got back. Alfred silently cursed himself for thinking this was a good idea as he crawled back through the shaft to the central computer system. He dropped back down into the small room and once again set to work unlocking the mainframe. It didn’t take long this time (he had been the one to change all the codes before) and he pulled up a detailed map of the ship’s layout. For having such a bad security system, there weren’t many ways to get out. Alfred’s gazed traced over the possible exists, his heart sinking when he realized nearly all of them lead through the ship’s main deck. He may not be the brightest man to ever travel the galaxy, but he was not about to risk his neck going up against an full crew of infamous pirates.

Alfred groaned and closed the blueprint files. So where that left him was stuck on a pirate ship (after he had single handedly fucked with all the internal functions) with absolutely no way to escape without being discovered. How he had believed this would have been a good idea, he had no idea. “Nothing else for it,” He mumbled, pushing his goggles back up to his hairline and exchanging his tools for his beloved twin set of pistols. No escape options meant he just had to take the risk and try and sneak off board. With any luck the crew would be too busy getting drunk or something he could escape before Kirkland got back. It was a risky plan, but it was the only option he had available to him besides sitting around and waiting to be discovered. Alfred began moving, walking down the ships long steel halls with his body tensed and ready. Before he could reach another floor, he caught sight of a couple men walking down the stairs. He inwardly swore and backtracked quickly, ducking down behind a large support beam until they passed. He leaned his head back and glared up at the ceiling, clutching his pistols tightly in both hands. There was no way in hell he was getting off this ship alive.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Seeing as this wasn't exactly Alfred's day, it didn't take long for Arthur to grow tired of the obnoxious albino's company. Once he got the job information he quickly returned to his beloved ship. Though Captain Kirkland was utterly incompetent with technology, he had spent enough time on the ship to know when something was off. The pirate captain's eyes narrowed.

That's when he decided it was, perhaps, a good idea to head to the bridge and get one of the crew to do a check on how the ship was running. After all, tasking members of the crew was what Arthur was good at, well, that and nitpicking, but that was quite a different story.

While he was passing through the main deck, Arthur swore he could hear "the French bastard". Deciding that it was best to avoid said "good for nothing" crewmember, he decided to take a little used route through the main deck. Unfortunately, he walked straight into Alfred. Surprised and quite vexed, Arthur pulled out his pistol and hissed at the other man.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Give me one reason not to shoot you."

This certainly was not a lucky day for either Alfred or Arthur.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Luck was not on Alfred’s side today. Just as he was about to make a run for the doorway leading out of the main deck (and ideally, his freedom), non other than the bastard captain himself walked straight into him. He quickly aimed his own pistols at the smaller man, feeling just as irritated as the other man looked. All he had wanted was to dish out a little payback for the guy who had all but assaulted him sexually and slip out before anybody noticed. Now he was (once again) being threatened at gunpoint. Only this time, he doubted he had the option to put down his weapons and walk away with his life.

“You know, for being one of the most infamous captains in the entire galaxy, your security system is absolute shit.” Great, that was the perfect solution to saving his life - insult the man currently holding a gun up at him. Oh well, he had already started his gloating, might as well finish it. Who knew how much longer it would be before Kirkland lost his temper and blew his brains in. “Who programmed your mainframe? A monkey? It took me less than two minutes to get passed all security codes. By the way, if you shoot me now, I’m guessing that you’ll never be able to decode the new passwords I set up,” He shrugged, trying to remain nonchalant about the whole situation.

Really he must be out of his mind for admitting to this much, but he doubted any elaborate lie he constructed Kirkland would see through instantly, so he might as well just tell the truth. Plus he loved being able to show up that smug asshole on something. He may not have a clue when it came to mind games, but technology was his world. He could bring this entire ship crashing to the ground with a computer and a few spare minutes. Alfred continued grinned and tilted his head innocently to the side. “So go ahead and shoot. But I can promise that you won’t find a mechanic good enough to undo the damage I did."
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 am

Seeing as Arthur wasn't the most technologically savvy person, and he was known for being a bloodthirsty pirate, his answer to Alfred was simple. Captain Kirkland pulled the trigger, making sure to merely graze the lawman's ear. While not a major wound, it would cause a good deal of pain, and would enlighten Alfred as to how (very) serious Arthur was.

"I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, so let me be simple. One, you do not insult my ship. Two, you are going to fix what you have done, or I will get my mechanic to do it for you and I will dump your corpse in the air lock. Savvy?"

Captain Kirkland took extra care to emphasize his point by pressing the gun against the center of Alfred's forehead.

"Losing this ship would only be a mild inconvenience, you see. I'm a pirate, and our specialty is stealing ships. Or perhaps you forgot that little bit? Nevertheless, it would be more... advantageous for the both of us if you were to fix the damage. I keep this ship, and you keep your life. Quite generous of me, don't you agree? Though I must warn you, one slip up, one wrong move, and the deal is off. And when the deal is off, your life is over."
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 am

Pain erupted on the right side of Alfred’s face, causing him to let out a loud cry. “Fucking hell!” His hand shot up to clutch his ear, wincing when he felt a warm stream of blood gushing out from the wound. Damn pirate and his quick reactions. Than again, he had thought it would be fun to provoke the asshole - not the most intelligent move on his part. That didn’t stop him from glaring defiantly at the man currently pressing a gun against his forehead. Ruthless pirate captain indeed. “I wasn’t insulting your fucking ship, just the moron you have programming it’s functions.” Honestly, it was a beautiful ship and if it hadn’t been in the possession of the world’s biggest asshole, he might have mourned the fact that it had a second rate mechanic looking after it.

Alfred dropped the hand he had pressed against his ear, the pain now having been reduced to a mild throb due to his irritation. Honestly did this bastard have anything better to do than constantly threaten people’s lives? His actions wouldn’t have caused anybody’s death - just a few days of annoyance at the most. Still, he wasn’t too keen on getting killed over fucking around with one of the most infamous pirates in history, so he decided to concede. “I’ll fix it you damn pirate. Now kindly remove that gun from my forehead so I can.” He continued to glare until the pistol was pulled away. “Thank you,” He sarcastically before turning around to head back the way he came.

It didn’t take long to get back to the mainframe. Thankfully the rest of the crew seemed to be off somewhere else, so he didn’t have to deal with any other irritating pirates laughing at his misfortune. The captain was bad enough. He had no doubt he had the pistol trained to the back of his head the entire way, least he decide to make a run for it. Alfred didn’t, instead taking a seat on the floor before the main computer and snapping his goggles back over his eyes. “I’d look away if I were you.” He warned, pulling out his lazer tools in order to break open the cover. “Unless you want to burn holes in your retinas. I don’t give a damn either way.” He shrugged and set to work opening the metal cover, removing it from the computer’s front.

With that out of the way, he set down his tools and set to work debugging the mainframe. His experienced fingers flew across the keyboards, rewriting and reworking the programs he had fucked with not a half hour before. It was a shame that his fine work hadn’t managed to cause anybody’s grief but his own, but it was still somewhat satisfying to know that his skills (in this field anyway) far outweighed the infamous pirate Kirkland. He grinned to himself and finished up the last of his work, silently checking over to see if he had missed anything. Everything seemed to be in perfect working condition (not surprising, he was a genius mechanic) and he was about to close the program when something caught his eye. It was small, nearly invisible, but it didn’t seem to fit with the other programs within the computer.

Curious, he fiddled around with the screen a bit to make it seem like he was still working, but in reality he was checking the odd glitch. It took a few minutes to work his way passed the codes, but when he did, he was surprised by what he uncovered. Somebody had installed a tracking bug within the computer, and it was transmitting information somewhere off the ship. Huh, it seemed like he wasn’t the first one to realize the pirate’s incompetence when it came to technology. Alfred fought back the urge to glance back at Kirkland, instead opting to exit out of the programs and focus on attaching the metal cover back onto the mainframe. It wasn’t his business that the pirate was probably about to get royally fucked over by somebody. After all, he was a pirate, he deserved whatever the hall life decided to throw at him.

“There. Good as new.” He said, clipping his tools back onto his belt and pushing off his goggles. Standing up, he brushed the dirt from his pants and flashed the shorter man a glare. “I did what you asked now excuse me. I’d like to get the hell off this damn pirate ship.” Alfred fought back the urge to flip the captain off as he turned around, ready to forget this whole experience and go home. He was done dealing with these fucking pirates.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Unfortunately for Alfred, his luck had not improved and the pirates were not going to be rid of him so easily.

Arthur hadn't ceased to point the gun towards the mechanic, and when the other acted like it was time for him to leave, the pirate captain simply laughed. "I don't recall agreeing to let you leave. You're quite a capable mechanic. I'd be a fool to let you go. And pirates don't just let useful people waltz off their ships. Otherwise I'd probably be a famous military captain." It was an odd thought, but quite true. Arthur could have easily been a famous captain on the right side of the law. However, things did not quite work out that way, not that it bothered Arthur.

"Now then, let's get you to your... 'quarters', alright?" By quarters, Arthur meant the brig, since he couldn't trust the mechanic as far as he could throw him. Since the other man was taller, and more muscular, Arthur wouldn't be able to throw him very far at all...

Basically, Alfred's only option was to follow Arthur's directions, or get shot (again). Admittedly, neither of those options were very appealing, which did not matter one bit to the pirate captain, who was quite pleased with the fact that he had just gained a new mechanic. Perhaps he'd transfer Antonio into the kitchens... After all, it was obvious that the idiot seemed fond of that foul-mouthed Italian cook.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Alfred stopped and slowly turned around to face the pirate captain. “I fixed the damn thing, you said that…” Shit, he hadn’t had promised he would let him go. All he said was he got to keep his life; there was nothing in this deal that said anything about his freedom. He swore loudly and glared at Kirkland. “You fucking bastard.” He looked down at the gun in the other’s hand, knowing full well that the other would shoot him in the head if he didn’t do what he wanted. But like hell he was going to give up his freedom to be work as a mechanic for a bastard of a pirate. He was nobody’s slave.

Still, he walked where Kirkland directed him, glaring down the hallway as they walked through. They were heading farther down into the ship. If he memory was serving him correctly, he was probably being kept in the prison. Well shit, even if he managed to escape the brigs, there was no way in hell he was getting off the ship now that his presence was known. Hell, he didn’t even know if Kirkland was planning on staying on this planet any longer. For all he knew, they were going to be leaving as soon as the captain got back on deck.

“Even if you keep me here, what the hell makes you think I’m going to work as your mechanic,” He said, flashing the man a glare over his shoulder. Trying to be discreet, he slipped a few of his tools into the front of his jeans, in order to at least have the option of escape. Fucking pirates. He glared when they reached the bring, blue eyes running over the sound metal structure to look for any flaws. If he was lucky, with the tools he had smuggled (now doubt Kirkland would take away his pistols and the rest of his tools) he could try and make an escape before they left the planet.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:31 pm

"You're right, I do the fucking. But sadly, my parents were married, so I'm no bastard. You, on the other hand..." Arthur didn't bother to finish his sentence, he just smirked and led the other through the ship. He somehow did not notice Alfred sneaking tools into his pockets. However, Arthur was thorough enough to remove the other man's weapons and tools (well the ones that hadn't been stuffed into pockets) from his person.

"Seeing as how you want to stay alive, and I need a mechanic, let me lay this out. If you work, you get fed, you get baths, you get to use the toilet, and I don't put a bullet in your head. Food will be sent here in an hour, and I shall send our useless prat of a medic over to look at your ear." Arthur laid out the deal, not bothering to really check for Alfred's consent. After all, Arthur figured it wouldn't be too hard to put Alfred in the airlock and kick him out into space. Arthur had never seen a man's bodily fluids boil as he suffocated, but he hoped it would be an interesting sight.

After locking Alfred in the jail, Arthur quickly left, sending down the lecherous medic from one of the central planets.

"Ohonhonhon~ Who do we 'ave here? A fresh new face?" The frenchman purred, stepping into the cell and taking a look at the American's ear. However, this was not before he took his time feeling the other man up, and discovering the hidden tools. Taking them from Alfred, Francis laughed a bit. "Thinking of escape, mon cher? It would be simpler just to wait for a better moment. Ze captain is a brute who will not hesitate to kill you in 'orrible ways."
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:14 pm

The sound of the cell door closing resounded louder than Alfred could have imagined. A few stolen moments of revenge had landed him in prison for the rest of his life. He was no better than a slave, working for meals and hoping that this he would make it through another day without getting shot in the head for making a mistake. He sunk to the floor, glaring fiercely at the walls keeping him from his freedom. He had his freedom taken from him again. It felt like it had only been a day since he got his collar removed and had started his new life and now he was stuck in the same situation, only a new master to serve.

“Fuck!” He cursed, hitting his fist against the metal wall behind it. The sound of the door opening up behind him sent him whirling back around, ready to give the damn captain a punch in the face for locking him up. It wasn’t Kirkland, but the medic who he had promised. He glared all the same and clenched his fists tightly at his sides. He stayed still so he could examine his ear, only to yelp when the blond choose to feel him up instead. “Back off!” He shouted, trying to keep him from discovering his last line of escape. Too late, the creepy blond had already discovered his tool and had pulled them away from him, effectively sealing his fate.

“Damnit…” He gave the perverted man a glare before turning away from him. It was a long shot anyway, but now he felt completely defenseless. At his next statement, Alfred rolled his eyes. Blood thirsty pirate with a reputation a mile long - yes he realized exactly what the other man could do to him for the fun of it. “You think I haven’t noticed? The guy‘s a complete psycho!” He growled, choosing to sit down on the floor in hopes of avoiding anymore wandering hands. What was with pirates being so handsy? He lay his head in his lap and groaned, not even caring that he was showing weakness in front of a pirate. At least it wasn’t Kirkland - he didn’t want to give that bastard the satisfaction.

After a few minutes, he sat up and tilted his head to the side so that the medic could do his job and leave. Besides the gun wound hurt like hell and if he wanted to get any peace, he needed it to be treated. “Your captain is a right bastard,” He mumbled, looking anywhere but the other man’s face as he worked. If only he had some chips left to bargain with, he might be able to get out of this mess. But the last thing he had going for him were those computer codes and he gave those up on the false hope that he would be permitted to leave. His mind briefly wandered over to glitch he saw in the system earlier, but that information held no real guarantee of anything. He was stuck here for the time being, until he could think of another plan of escape. If he could think of another plan.

He groaned as the man worked, flashes of pain washing over him. “Thanks,” He mumbled, finding it only polite to thank the man for helping patch him up. After all, it wasn’t his fault his captain was a crazy (although he didn’t appreciate being felt up like that earlier). “I’m Alfred by the way,” He said, looking down at the grey floor beneath him. “I thought I should tell somebody since it looks like I’ll be here for a while.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:24 am

"Enchantée, mon chou. I am Francis Bonnefoy. As for petit Arthur, 'e is a brute with no sense of style, taste, or elegance," Francis sighed and shook his head, "But, he does keep us and 'imself alive, which is more zan I can say for his predecessors, non? Men who are infamous like him do not often live long. I think it is those awful eyebrows that keep him alive. Those things are not quite right." The medic laughed flippantly.

It was obvious that neither Arthur nor Francis had any sort of warm feelings towards the other man, but somehow the two stuck together on the same ship. They often fought, both physically and verbally, but they were also likely to be caught gossiping with each other. It was quite the odd relationship, but the best term would probably be frienemies.

If Arthur had been there for that little exchange, he probably would have punched Francis before kicking him out of the little jail. However, Arthur was not, so Francis could gossip as freely as he wished.

Once Alfred was patched up, Francis left with a grope, a wink, and "Au revoir~". It didn't take very long before Arthur was back to order Alfred around to work more. Through the weeks, the gun slowly lost it's presence. Arthur refrained from pointing it at Alfred outright, but he made it obvious that yes, there was still a gun and if Alfred tried anything stupid, Arthur would still kill him.

However, that was not to say Arthur was not pleased with Alfred's work. The Dramatic Exit was running better than ever, and even the technologically impaired Arthur could see that. As a result, the status of the food and the jail cell improved as Alfred worked.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next