Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

2 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff] - Page 5 Empty Re: We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm

While Alfred was getting food and having a bit of a crisis involving his feeling for Arthur, the pirate was quietly daydreaming. He was imagining the next big job, perhaps it would pay well, and Arthur would be able to use the money. Perhaps he'd be able to bribe his way into one of the libraries on a rich planet. Arthur's collection of books seemed woefully small since he had devoured so many books during his time being bedridden. Alas, his idle thinking was doomed to be interrupted quite abruptly.

"Don't shake me like that, idiot! I'm awake! I never lost consciousness! I just wanted to put my head down for a moment!" Arthur said. He wasn't happy about his rude awakening. Yes, Arthur could understand that Alfred was worried, but the shaking was just so... aggravating. Plus, Arthur wasn't completely sure why the other man seemed to be so concerned. For all Arthur knew, the engineer hated him.

"Now can you give me the food, please? I'd like to actually get some sleep after this. It has been a rather taxing day," Arthur asked. He was really hungry, and Alfred's little freakout was keeping Arthur from food that wasn't stale cookies taken from Alfred's work desk. "I'm not sure why you're so nervous and concerned about this. I'm not going to die from a little fainting spell," Arthur huffed slightly. It felt odd having someone fuss over him.

Seeing Alfred so concerned about him made Arthur feel slightly warm and fuzzy inside. He was less than happy about that. What gave Alfred the right to wiggle his way through Arthur's carefully constructed barriers? Arthur wanted to slap Alfred and tell him to fuck off, but that was a lie wasn't it? He liked Alfred. He didn't like Alfred. Arthur was conflicted. What was the truth? Would he be hurt again? Or maybe Arthur was just too tired and hungry to think clearly. Arthur liked the sound of that last explanation.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff] - Page 5 Empty Re: We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land. [Kirk + Sheriff]

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Alfred instantly brightened when the other man sat up and began cursing at him for being annoying. “Sorry! I was just worried you had gone and fainted again!” He laughed as he released his grip on the pirate. Perhaps he had jumped the gun a little, but when it came to watching out for Arthur, he couldn’t be too careful. That damnable pirate captain was far too stubborn for his own good and he was likely to not take care of himself properly because of it.

“Right! Here let me get it for you!” He replied, taking a plate from the cart and place it on the table beside Arthur. Trying not to look to eager to please, he laid out one of the rolled up napkins that held utensils and set out a glass beside it. He paused and looked over the little set-up he had created, looking far too pleased with himself. Hopefully this would make Arthur happy again - he hadn’t meant to place him in such an irritable mood by shaking him. He had just been concerned that was all! Wait a minute, he was missing something… Oh right, the rum! Alfred reached into his pocket and set down the bottle before the captain, grinning. “Here, I thought you might like this too.”

Now that Arthur was taken care of, Alfred turned around and settled down to take his own meal on the floor nearby. It was strange how much his view about the pirate had changed during his months here. Before he thought the man as cold and amoral, but after conversing with him, Alfred began to see a different side to him. Sure he was a little grumpy and far too quick to mock, but he was someone Alfred wouldn’t mind getting to know better. Perhaps if Arthur was pleased with his work on the prosthetic, he might consider hanging out more often. It’s not like either of them didn’t need a bit of human contact every once in a while.

Alfred’s gaze flickered up to the captain’s face. It was more than the fact that he wouldn’t mind getting to know Arthur better, he honestly wanted to. There was something beneath the mask that he wore that appealed to the engineer - something he wanted to know. His eyes traveled down the planes of Arthur’s face, coming to rest on his pale pink lips. Suddenly he wondered what it would be like to taste them. Alfred quickly looked away, trying to push back that thought before his cheeks turned red from embarrassment. Where had that come from? He wasn’t interested in Arthur like that. He wanted friendship, comradeship but that? Completely inappropriate. Besides, there was absolutely no way that Arthur would ever want anything of that nature from him.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:24 am

Arthur rolled his eyes, both pleased and annoyed that Alfred had been so concerned for him (him!). "Honestly, Alfred, I'm not so silly as to go and faint again," Arthur huffed, as if he could control where and when he fainted. "And I did eat yesterday! So it's not as if I completely starved myself," Arthur argued. He honestly hadn't meant to put off eating until then. It had slipped his mind partly because he was busy and partly because it was pretty hard to get down to the kitchen or deal with the angry Italian cook.

Arthur watched Alfred set up the food, thinking the young engineer was acting like an overexcited puppy, trying so hard to please. It was, admittedly, rather endearing, so Arthur frowned and averted his gaze. Then Alfred brought out the rum, and all was good in the world again. With eyes only for the rum, Arthur said, "Thank you, Alfred." Arthur found it quite amazing that in the span of less than an hour, Alfred and he had gone from a heated argument to getting along quite nicely. The pirate could not say that he wasn't at all pleased with this shift.

Once Alfred stepped away to set up his own food, Arthur began to eat. It was quite relieving to have something in his stomach, he noted. As he ate, Arthur noted that slowly but surely he started to feel better. He was still feeling tired and ill, but substantially less so. His gaze shifted back to Alfred, surprised that the other man was glancing at him as well. Arthur quickly averted his eyes as a sudden realization hit him.

Did Alfred like him? The other man had an obvious concern for Arthur's wellbeing, and did seem eager to make Arthur happy. But the thought of someone liking him was absolutely absurd to Arthur. Then there was the bigger question, what feelings did the pirate have for Alfred? Obviously Alfred was annoying and aggravating, but... his company was not unpleasant. Then there was the fact that the other man was quite attractive. No! Arthur refused to let his mind go down that path. It would only lead to shame and heartbreak, he scolded himself. He could get along with Alfred, and maybe get the other man into his bed. Nothing more than that! Arthur tried to repress any affection that shouldn't have been (but was!) there.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 am

In order to occupy his mind and keep himself to straying too close to embarrassing topics, Alfred directed his full attention towards the plate of food before him. As foul-mouthed as Lovino was, he could make some damn good food. The engineer unwound his napkin and happily sent about devouring his meal. Given his upbringing and lack of any formal education in terms of etiquette, it stood to reason that his table manners left much to be desired. Within seconds, his plate was clean and his face was covered in the remains. Delicious as usual, he thought happily to himself as he set his dishes back on the cart.

Once his meal was out of the way however, there was nothing left to distract him from Arthur’s presence. Alfred leaned back against the table opposite the pirate captain, watching curiously as the man ate. Strange how he had never noticed how attractive the other man was. Had he always been that way? Wait, why was he thinking about that? He was not interested in Kirkland! He wasn’t! So he needed to stop this nonsense and focus on acting like nothing had changed. He could already imagine how much Arthur would mock him if he ever found out he had briefly fantasized about kissing him and found him slightly attractive.

“So…” Alfred began, searching fruitlessly for a topic that would keep the two of them on safe waters. The last thing he wanted was for his big mouth to get him in trouble again by revealing something overly personal again. “Uh since you’re tired, after dinner I can help you back to your room. I'll finish up with your prosthetic tonight and have it ready for you to try out tomorrow.” There, that was a reasonable enough statement. And he didn’t accidentally include ‘you’re kind of hot’ or something equally embarrassing, so he counted that as a success.

In hopes of masking the internal conflict that he was currently experiencing, Alfred flashed the pirate captain an easy smile before hopping back up to his feet. “Right! Back to work!” He said, energetically moving back to his work table. Now that he and Arthur had mended the conflict between them (only to inspire a far more confusing one for himself), Alfred felt ready to have the prosthetic completed. No doubt the pirate captain held similar sentiments considering he was the one he had to deal with the disability. The engineer hummed a cheerful tune to himself and flipped the goggles over his eyes, easily settling back into the serenity of technology.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 am

Arthur chose to ignore Alfred's horrible table manners. The man had brought him food, and was offering to take him to his room, while also working on his prosthetic. Arthur could overlook etiquette just this once. If Alfred continued to eat like a pig, Arthur was just going to have to lecture him. After all, with his background, Arthur had impeccable table manners. When he finished the food, the pirate delicately dabbed his mouth with the napkin.

After he had finished eating, there was the question of the rum. Arthur happened to be a big fan of rum, however, he worried that perhaps drinking alcohol so soon after fainting was not the brightest idea. Nevertheless, the pirate did not want to seem ungrateful or let the rum go to waste. So, ignoring the health concerns, Arthur took a sip of rum. A few sips couldn't hurt, could they?

Unfortunately, Arthur had never been able to hold his liquor particularly well, so a few sips turned into a few larger drinks of the bottle which ended in Arthur chugging the rest. And so, Arthur was quite tipsy, if not downright drunk. With a flushed face, Arthur let out a laugh and praised the rum, "Delicious rum! I know I can always trust it t' be good."

With all the grace of a three legged elephant on ice, Arthur stood up and wobbled his way over to Alfred. Leaning on the other man, the drunken pirate grumbled, "Yer an idiot! Why d'ye have to make things so bleedin' confusing! I hate ye! Stupid bloody good looking prat! F'course I'd have to fancy an annoyin' fuck like ye!" Unfortunately for Alfred, Arthur was an unpleasant drunk and had picked Alfred as the source of his worries.

The captain wobbled a bit, grumbling and cursing a bit more while glaring at Al.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 am

Given the circumstances, perhaps Alfred should have been keeping a closer eye on the pirate captain. He had fainted after all and was inclined to do so again if he wasn’t careful. But thanks to the confusing thoughts and ideas that were now running rampant through his mind, the engineer thought it best to leave Arthur to his own devices and save his own face for a bit longer. Clearly, this had been the wrong choice to make. Alfred was totally unaware of the dwindling supply of rum as he worked, keeping himself focused on the project before him. Before long, the leg was nearly complete and he had was just about to say as much when Kirkland spoke.

Alfred looked up, confusion reading clearly on his face when he tried to make sense of the half slurred sentence. The sight that awaited him was certainly not one he had been prepared for. Arthur had somehow managed to down the entire bottle of rum and was now staring at him with flushed cheeks. This was not going to be pleasant. “Uh… captain?” He said, cautiously placing down his tools. Maybe he should get him back to his quarters before he starts stumbling around and gets himself hurt. It was too late for that it seemed, because Arthur was already pulling himself out of his chair and hobbling the distance that separated him from the mechanic, drunkenly spewing nonesense.

“Uh… I’m not aware I was doing anything particularly confusing…” Alfred tried to defend himself as he wrapped an arm around the pirate’s waist to keep him from falling. Well damn, what was he supposed to do now? Kirkland was drunk off his ass and he couldn’t exactly make it back to his rooms, even without his disability to worry about. That meant he was left with the unfortunate task of hauling the pirate back safely while he accused him of… Wait a minute… “Did you say you liked me?” Alfred asked, looking down at Arthur’s flushed face. He had said something about him being good looking too… Maybe the captain had warmed up to him more than he wanted to let on.

The thought brought a smile to the engineers face, although he tried desperately to suppress it. Arthur liked him. Arthur thought he was nice looking. (Well, in this altered state of mind he did). Maybe his fantasy’s weren’t so out of reach to begin with… No wait, still inappropriate. Especially since said pirate was now in desperate need of assistance. “Okay Arthur,” He said, adjusting his arm so he could support more of the captain’s weight. “I’ll take you back up to your room and you can sleep this off. Sound good?” Alfred smiled gently and tried to maneuver the drunk man towards the doorway. The sooner Arthur got to bed, the sooner he could work off the impressive hangover he’d feel the next morning. Alfred did not envy the captain for the headache he was going to have tomorrow.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Arthur purred as the other man pulled him closer, Alfred trying to support Arthur's weight while Arthur enjoying the fact that he was so close to Alfred. The drunken pirate wrapped his arms around the other's neck, both helping Alfred out and allowing Arthur to get closer. "S-stupid bastard, th' name's Arthur, not cap'n," Arthur grumbled. While certainly more foul mouthed, Arthur seemed to be more affectionate as well.

"Don't you ever listen, you prat?" the drunken man snorted. In his alcohol-addled mind, the correct response to Alfred's question was to lean in close and attempt to give the other man a kiss. Arthur's drunken ineptitude led to mixed results. He managed not to miss the engineers mouth, however, the kissing attempt was sloppy at best and Arthur's breath reeked of alcohol. Perhaps giving Arthur rum was not the best idea.

When Alfred suggested going back up to Arthur's room to sleep off the alcohol, unfortunately, Arthur only heard the first part of the suggestion. With a smug grin, Arthur slurred, "Up ta m'room? Didn't know t'would be so easy t'get ye into my bed. One would think ye gave me th' rum for that purpose~" The statement was followed by another loud laugh and Arthur wobbling in an attempt to maintain balance, despite Alfred's help.

Arthur, trying to put on a seductive face, leaned closer to Alfred. "Well then, lad, what're we waitin' fer?" the drunken pirate demanded, feeling impatient as always. Arthur was going to regret this behavior in the morning, that was for certain. Then he would promise never to drink alcohol again, but that promise would turn out to be like most new year's resolutions; good in theory, but rarely put into practice.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Alfred leaned in closer to the drunken pirate to accommodate for the arms that wrapped loosely around his neck. Okay, this was starting to get a little weird. Not only did Arthur look like he was enjoying their closeness a little too much, he had also dropped all formalities and demand for the engineer to call him by his first name. “Alright, Arthur than,” He agreed, smiling although the situation was steadily going from weird to downright embarrassing.

He had expected another round of drunken insults from the pirate captain in response to his blunt question, and considering it was still Arthur Kirkland he was dealing with - the engineer got it half right. Arthur took another jab at his intelligence, tacked on an insult before leaning up to sloppily press their lips together. Alfred’s entire body tensed at the sudden kiss, but it was over too quickly for him to respond. All he was aware of was the light pressure and the taste of alcohol that now stained his lips. Not exactly the most pleasant of experiences, but for some reason Alfred’s face went pink and his heart beat just a little fast than usual. Had Arthur really wanted to do that or was it just a drunken impulse? Alfred did not know, but there wasn’t time to for analysis at the moment.

Alfred could do nothing but stare as the pirate completely missed the point of his suggestion and instead, grinned smugly at the ‘offer’ the engineer made. “Uh…” Eloquent as always, but what else was he supposed to say? There was no way in hell were they having sex, especially with Arthur as drunk as he was. Still, the idea of getting laid seemed to have made the pirate less violent than before, so Alfred didn’t see the harm in letting him continue to believe that was actually going to happen. Besides, if things got out of hand, Arthur didn't exactly stand a chance in overpowering him.

“Okay,” Alfred said, purposefully ignoring Arthur’s goofy attempt at a seductive face in favor of lifting the man completely into his arms. “Just hold on alright? I’ll have you back in your room in a minute.” Hopefully sooner. Regular Arthur he could handle, but a wasted Arthur was a whole different story. Alfred knocked the door open with his shoulder, careful not to jostle the pirate too much before walking out into the hallway. He prayed to whatever deity would listen that no one would happen to walk by and he would be forced to explain how the captain had wound up dead drunk and being carried bridal style by the ships engineer. Oh that was a conversation he wanted desperately to avoid at all costs.

Thankfully luck was on his side and he managed to make it to the captain’s quarters without meeting any of the crew along the way. Alfred silently thanked the stars as he lowered the man onto his bed. “There,” He sighed in relief, adjusting the pillows behind Arthur’s head a bit. “Now sleep. You’re going to need it with that headache you’re going to have in the morning.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 am

While drunken Arthur would care less about being carried bridal style around the ship, his sober self would have been mortified to be even caught dead in that situation. While he would have usually protested, struggled, and cursed Alfred, the drunk cursed Alfred but didn't seem to want to leave the other man's arms. It was quite the sight, to say the least.

Arthur failed to let go when the engineer dumped him on the bed. Even if they didn't have sex, the drunken pirate still wanted Alfred around. "M'bed is cold. Stay wi' me," Arthur ordered, trying to pull the other man down onto the bed with him. Though the drunken pirate's efforts were weak and uncoordinated, due to the fact that he was intoxicated and still a bit weak from the fainting incident. Nevertheless, he tried to pull Alfred down onto the bed next to him. Even the rum couldn't numb just how lonely Arthur felt. He had spent much of the previous months keeping to himself in order to hide how humiliated he was by the injury and how hard it was to overcome it.

"Twat, jus' stay fer the night," Arthur commanded again, not seeming to keen on negotiation, even though an escape attempt from Alfred would be quite easy. Though Arthur's reaction would probably be quite upset, until it hit morning and Arthur would be upset by his own behavior. He was certainly going to regret drinking that rum in the morning.

With a yawn, Arthur added, "There's more than 'nuff room fer two." When had blankets and pillows become so nice? They were soft and warm... Arthur wondered why people ever left their embrace. He wanted to simply drift off to sleep, but not until he had dragged Alfred into bed with him. Perhaps it would be reminiscent of his childhood stuffed animal and best friend, Flying Mint Bunny.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 am

An unexplainable emotion welled up within Alfred’s chest as the pirate captain struggled to pull him down on the bed beside him. He was no longer appeared to be looking for a quick, drunken fuck, but the presence of a warm body beside him. To hold and be held in hopes of drowning out some of the loneliness - that was something that Alfred could understand. “Alright… I guess it wouldn’t hurt,” He relented, gently prying Arthur’s hands away long enough to strip out of his boots and take off his over shirt. He really hoped he didn’t get a beating the next morning for doing this, because technically, he was just following orders.

Alfred shut off the overhead lights and slipped underneath the covers beside Arthur. What now? Was it appropriate to cuddle the drunken man? He had asked him to stay after all, and even more so, Arthur seemed to have enjoyed their previous closeness. Oh screw it, the engineer thought to himself, gently tugging Arthur close enough where he could slip his arms around his thin waist. If he was going to get his ass kicked tomorrow anyway, he might as well enjoy tonight. Alfred tucked the pirate’s head beneath his chin, and smiled. Besides, it felt nice to be holding him like this.

“Sleep,” He murmured softly, rubbing gentle circles against Arthur’s lower back. He had no doubt that soon the drunken pirate would drift off into sweet oblivion. Heck, if Alfred really wanted to, he could slip away as soon as he fell asleep and save them both the mortification. But… for some reason, he didn’t want to leave. Maybe it was because he was exhausted from working all day, or the fact that Arthur’s bed was blissfully comfortable. Or maybe he needed this as much as the other man did - but he found he couldn’t bring himself to walk away. The moment felt too perfect to deny.

“Sleep Arthur…” He said again, much more gently this time. “I’ll be right here in the morning…” Despite how much it conflicted with his good judgment, he would stay the night. Alfred pulled the pirate marginally closer against his frame and relaxed into the soft mattress. His eyes drifted shut as sleep began to tug on them. Perhaps he never had a choice in the matter - his body wanted him to stay no matter what his mind wanted. “Sleep… Sleep… Sleep… Arthur…” He breathed, slowly fading away into slumber.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 am

Arthur was pleased when Alfred relented and crawled into bed next to him. He could feel strong arms wrap around his waist and pull him closer. Rather than scoot away, Arthur moved closer to Alfred, returning the embrace. When Alfred began to rub soothing circles in his back, Arthur wondered why he'd ever want to leave this embrace. It was comforting and warm, like nothing Arthur had felt since he had left home. Arthur had no trouble falling asleep to the sound of Alfred's voice quietly asking him to do so. It was... nice, nicer than things had been in a very long time, perhaps even nicer than they'd ever been.

However, by the time Arthur woke up, those pleasant feelings had disappeared. He felt sick, and had a terrible headache- Wait, something was different about his bed. Was that an arm wrapped around his waist? Arthur started to feel even more sick. Of course he had gotten drunk and brought someone back to his room for a quick fuck. But who? Arthur glanced to the other person in bed. Alfred. Had Arthur taken advantage of him? Or had he taken advantage of Arthur? Then again... they were dressed, so then nothing probably had happened. But why was Alfred in his bed, snuggled close to him?

He just had to remain calm and try to remember what had happened, despite the aching in his head. There had been a fair amount of rum, and he had been in Alfred's room, trying to get his leg fixed... And then had proceeded to act like an embarrassing pervert in front of Alfred, who had been responsible enough to try to take him back to his room. Well, that certainly didn't make Arthur feel like a horrible person. He just wanted to curl up under the blankets and never talk to anyone again. A reasonable plan, he assumed. But moving was not going to be fun. Then again, he had yet to remove himself from Alfred's embrace.

Arthur groaned in a mixture of annoyance and pain, feeling like one of the stupidest people in the galaxy. He attempted to escape Alfred's hug in favor of hiding elsewhere so he could avoid the engineer to avoid future embarrassment. Arthur could live without a prosthetic leg, especially if it meant not having to address... this. But chances are, Alfred would wake before Arthur was even able to get out of bed.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am

Alfred could not remember a time he had felt more comfortable. The mattress beneath him felt softer than usual and no one had come in, obnxiously demanding his attention. Perhaps today would be one of the few times he actually got a break. Wouldn’t that be incredible? The engineer let out a sleepy groan and rolled onto his back, pulling the warm pillow in his arms up against his chest. He frowned when the weight that fell on top of him was heavier than he had expected. With a sleepy grumble, he reluctantly opened his eyes to see what was wrong.

Arthur was laying against him, looking somewhat childish with the way his hair stuck up. It took the half conscious engineer to comprehend why the hell he was in bed with Arthur, but when he did, he instantly released his strong grip on the smaller man. “Sorry,” He mumbled sleepily, helping to maneuver the pirate back so that he was once again laying against the bed. It had been so long since he had shared a bed with anybody (not since his early childhood) he had forgotten how much he enjoyed cuddling. He winced a bit at that realization and hoped the prickly man wouldn’t start assaulting him for being a tad bit too friendly over the course of the night.

Alfred sat up and ran his fingertip sleepily through his hair. He felt surprisingly well rested for having spent the night sleeping in Kirkland’s bed, although he doubted Arthur couldn’t say the same for his condition. The engineer yawned loudly before glancing over at Arthur. Yup, he could read the pain in his eyes clear as day - poor guy was probably experiencing the hangover from hell. “Do you want me to get you some water or coffee or something?” Coffee was good for hangovers, wasn't it? Well, that’s what he always drank in any case. Alfred just shrugged carelessly, not bothering to smooth down his wrinkled undershirt. Mornings were not his thing, what could he say?

He yawned once more and stretched out the kinks in his back. “I didn’t know alcohol affected you like that. Sorry for not noticing sooner. Oh and we didn’t do anything in case you were wondering.” It was still kind of a compromising position to suddenly wake up to, despite the fact that they were both still fully clothed. “I brought you back here to sleep, but you asked me to stay, so I did. But that’s it.” Once that was out of the way, Alfred turned to face the pirate, offering him a small smile. He could guess how much pain he was in right now, but he hoped Arthur wouldn’t kick him out and then proceed avoid him for another few months. Although now things were probably sufficiently more awkward, Alfred would have liked to believe that they had made some progress. "You okay there Arthur?"
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 am

Arthur let out a surprised yelp as Alfred suddenly pulled him on top of his chest to cuddle him close. He had been trying to escape, but got pulled closer instead. The man seemed barely awake, so Arthur realized that he'd have to wait a bit to start cursing at the other man. Otherwise, it just wouldn't sink in, and Arthur did not want to waste his energy on that. Rather, he'd like to take care of the piercing headache that made his skull throb. Despite waking up next to an attractive man, this was not Arthur's morning.

Finally Alfred seemed awake enough to comprehend the situation, and managed to finally let go of the pirate. Swatting at Alfred a few times, Arthur hissed, "Prat, I'm not some pillow you can just swing around willy nilly! Honestly it's a wonder I made it through the night without you crushing me with your fat arse!" So Arthur wasn't exactly pleasant in the mornings, well, not until he got his cup of tea, that is. Then he became slightly more pleasant to deal with, though still being the jerk that he was generally known to be.

Arthur watched the engineer run his fingers through his hair, barely helping the other's bedhead. The pirate almost wanted to push Alfred's hands away to fix the hair himself. Arthur wondered what it would be like to run his fingers through those golden locks, especially while snogging the other man sensele- what was Arthur thinking?! Clearly this was the hangover's fault. Arthur did not miss Alfred's offer, and decided to take him up on it, though with a small change. "Tea would be lovely. I prefer Earl Grey," Arthur tried to will the headache away, and hoped that Alfred was either competent at making tea, or smart enough to ask someone who could make tea.

"Thank goodness for small favors," Arthur snorted when Alfred affirmed his hope that nothing had happened during the night. "I wouldn't want to take your virginity while drunk," shit, that was probably the wrong thing to say- he could blame the hangover later, "Why would you stay in the first place? I'm not the most pleasant of people when drunk," He wasn't the most pleasant person when sober, so he wasn't completely sure why he added that. After all, Alfred was surely going to start bringing up what an awful person Arthur was. There was no way the other man could seriously be fond of him. His thoughts were interrupted by another question. "Of course I'm fine! Just a bloody hangover and an awful headache. Other than that, everything is simply 'peachy'," Arthur said with mocking sarcasm. So perhaps he was a bit frustrated with how close he was getting with the engineer, reminding himself that such things would only lead to heartbreak and he really shouldn't get his hopes up. Arthur let out another annoyed groan.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Despite having been previously lost within deep slumber only a few minutes prior, Alfred was alert enough to catch the word ‘fat’ thrown his way. It was a fact of life that Arthur constantly insulted him. Whether it be for his lack of intelligence, general untidiness, or the like, it didn't matter. But he had never commented on his appearance in a negative fashion. Because of this, the captain never had the opportunity to learn that while Alfred was arrogant in many respects, he was overly sensitive about his weight. “I’m fat?” The engineer looked utterly crestfallen as he lifted up his shirt to pinch his stomach. He had been eating more and the usual amount of physical activity he got had decreased since he became the ships engineer, but he hadn’t thought it would affect him so much.

Alfred continued to stare down forlornly at the ‘flab’ on his stomach, as if looking from a different angle would change what he saw. Obviously nothing of the sort happened and he slumped his shoulders in shame. Thankfully Arthur’s request for tea in place of coffee distracted him enough to at least raise his head and flash the pirate a concerned frown. “Tea? That nasty stuff isn’t going to make you feel any better though. You’ll be much better off with a warm cup of coffee.” Why did this sound so familiar? Right, probably because this was the beginning of nearly every other argument the two had ever gotten into. Oh well, too late to take it back now.

The engineer gave Arthur and odd look. “Are you saying you would want to take my virginity sober?” What a creeper. He may have come to terms that the other man was attractive, but he wasn’t going to be anybody’s convenient fuck. He wasn’t particularly looking for magic or even love, but he did have self respect not to give himself up so easily. At the pirates next question, he only offered a small shrug. “You asked me too, so I did. And you looked like you needed it. Do I need any other reason than that?” Alfred himself didn’t quite understand why he had bothered to stay when he had known how awkward the next morning would be. But Arthur’s eyes had been so sad, so pleading that he lost all sense of rationality. “Besides, I wasn’t going to leave you alone where you could wander around and get yourself hurt.”

Alfred winced at the obvious irritation in the other’s voice. Okay, stupid question, but it was the standard thing to say! “Right, sorry.” He slid towards the edge of the bed and threw his legs over, bending down to grab his boots. Well, he had offered to get him a drink, so he figured he owed it to the pirate to make good on his offer. Even if what he wanted was a cup of nasty tea. “What did you want again? Lady Grey?" He'd have to go down to the kitchens and ask somebody else to prepare it for him seeing as to the fact that he didn't have a clue himself. Ah well, as long as nobody asked any questions, he should be fine.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Arthur did not fail to notice the simply devastated look that appeared on Alfred's face when Arthur had called him fat. Despite reminding himself that he was rude and mean, Arthur felt terrible for insulting Alfred so much. Apparently, weight was a sensitive issue for the other man. 'Good going, old chum, you've said the wrong thing yet again,' Arthur bitterly told himself. "You aren't fat, Alfred," it felt weird for Arthur not to insult the other man, but insulting Alfred further seemed even more out of place.

Arthur's gaze suddenly shifted to where Alfred had lifted up his shirt. Sure, the pirate knew he was fit, but seeing it, well that was a different story. Alfred was... well damn good looking and Arthur wanted to see more. Reminding himself that he was trying to convince Alfred that he wasn't fat, Arthur spoke again, "There's absolutely no fat. You're incredibly fit. It's certainly enviable." The pirate told himself to look away from Alfred, trying to ignore the attractive man. Nothing good could come of being attracted to Alfred, he repeated his mantra, it would simply lead to heartbreak.

Alfred's next question made Arthur shift uncomfortably. The answer was yes, but Arthur had no choice but to deny it. "That wasn't what I meant. Blasted hangover... You know how they can be. Why would I even want to sleep with you anyways? It's not as though either of us are attracted to the other." Damn, he had said too much. Couldn't he do anything right? Well it certainly didn't feel like it. Alfred probably hated him, and Arthur told himself he was fine with it. He was used to being alone, and so nothing would change. Arthur coughed awkwardly before shifting again. "I suppose I should... thank you for your concern. But I can handle myself, even when drunk. I'm not a child."

Arthur felt relieved when Alfred got up. Things seemed to be going downhill once more, and so perhaps some alone time to reflect would be nice. That and Arthur wouldn't be able to say another stupid thing to make Alfred hate him. Why was he so bothered by that? He shouldn't care about what the engineer thought. But he did, and it hurt. "Earl grey, Alfred. Earl grey," Arthur reminded Alfred, hoping that wouldn't somehow turn into a stupid statement or an insult like everything else he seemed to say. Perhaps if Arthur covered himself with a blanket (once Alfred left, of course) all his problems would somehow go away. Or maybe he'd stop harping on his own mistakes. It was much more pleasant to focus on other's, rather than his own.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:45 pm

The second Alfred realized that Arthur’s gaze was directed to his exposed stomach, he slid his arms around himself to hide. He was fat and unattractive; Arthur was probably repulsed by his presence now. “You just said I was!” He whined, hating how inferior such a small comment made him feel. Nothing the pirate captain said usually bothered him so much. Sarcastic comments about his intelligence or laziness he could handle, but anything to do with his weight had always been a sensitive topic.

Alfred hesitantly glanced at Arthur and then back down at his stomach again. It was rare for the pirate captain to ever take back any insults he might have tossed around in anger, and it left him to wonder whether he really meant what he said or if he simply felt guilty. “Really?” Alfred asked cautiously, slowly allowing for his arms to drop down to his sides. “You better not just be saying that to make me feel better. Because if I am…” He couldn’t even say the word without wanting to curl up in a ball and hide forever, “I need to know so I can work out more.”

Arthur’s words stung. No he hadn’t expected the stubborn pirate to answer any differently, but for some reason, it hurt more than it should have to hear that he had no interest in him. Was last night really just a drunken impulse? Had he really been so stupid as to think that Arthur would ever see him as anything more than a passable engineer? Alfred gripped the sheets beneath him tightly. “Right, and if I’m so beneath your usual standards in bedmates, how come you kissed me last night?” It was hitting below the belt to bring that up and it would only cause him more pain in the future, but he needed to know the truth. If it was just a response to the rum and atmosphere, he needed to start working on ridding himself of this growing infatuation he had for older man. He was a pirate for goodness sake, what did he expect to happen? If he was lucky, they might become friends, but certainly nothing beyond that.

Alfred knew he should leave. Just walk away from this conversation and get the captain his tea, but he needed to know. Whatever was happening between them was quickly becoming accelerated, leaving him terribly confused and frustrated. Going against his better judgment, Alfred kicked off his boots again and crawled onto the bed, stopping when he was facing Arthur. “Do you hate me? Is that it? You insult me all the time, call me names, and are constantly threatening to beat me. What did I do to make you despise me so much? I was just trying to be nice, to… I don’t know, be your friend or something! Then everything got so confusing and… I’ll stop okay? If it bothers you so fucking much, I’ll stop! Just tell me why you hate me so much!”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Arthur could see how much he had hurt Alfred, and it stung. Alfred had struck Arthur as this strong figure, impervious to Arthur's insults as well as his attempts to push him away. Yet here Alfred was, vulnerable, human. He seemed so small and hurt that Arthur wanted to pull him into a close embrace. The pirate hesitated, afraid of Alfred shrinking away and rejecting him. "I was lying, as I often do. I just... I insult without thinking. You're not fat," Arthur was desperately trying to remedy the situation, unsure why he was so agitated and had the urge to see Alfred's smile once more.

Arthur wanted to make Alfred feel better, but he didn't think Alfred was fat or unattractive. He fidgeted nervously. Alfred would surely believe that Arthur was lying about Alfred's weight again. Nevertheless Arthur tried again. "You're not fat. I was t-teasing as I often do, but I..." he hadn't intended to truly hurt Alfred. He couldn't finish the sentence, the words died on the way to his tongue. How could he say anything without making Alfred dislike him more? "You don't need to work out more," Arthur added, feeling like he hadn't said much.

When the next words exited Alfred's mouth, Arthur flinched visibly. Of course he had said the wrong thing. He was just trying to push Alfred away, even if he so desperately wanted to pull the other man closer. "I..." Please don't hate me "I..." Just go away if you're going to leave me alone again "I..."I'm not sure if words are adequate enough to remedy this situation Arthur took a deep breath. He tried again "I..." I love you, I hate you Which was the right answer? "I kissed you." Arthur couldn't answer. He shut his eyes, expecting to be shoved away.

He felt Alfred move closer, climbing onto the bed. The pirate was perplexed, and almost afraid to reopen his eyes. Yet, when Alfred began to speak Arthur's gaze was upon him once more. At that point he knew. He didn't hate Alfred, and he certainly fancied the lad. However, words had done nothing but fail him before that point. So, there was only one answer, in Arthur's mind. The pirate suddenly grabbed Al by the collar and kissed him square on the lips.

(( ooc: ahaha, just to clear up any confusion, Arthur never said anything in the black italics. That's just his confused thoughts. ^^;;; Poor guy is a piece of work. ))
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:21 pm

The situation steadily went from bad to worse. Alfred had been pushed to his limits with all the ambiguous messages and although he saw how tongue-tied Arthur had become, he could not stop himself from demanding answers. He sat before the pirate, blue eyes trained on his face as he waited for a response to his frustrated speech. As he watched, Arthur’s eyes lost their confusion and seemed to settle comfortably on the decision he had made. So this was it. The captain was going to send him away and Alfred would spend the rest of his days avoiding him, pretending they had never shared anything at all with one another. Now all Alfred had left to do was wait for the words that complete the divide between them.

No words ever came. Instead, two hands shot forward and grabbed for his collar. Before he could pull away however, a pair of soft lips suddenly pressed up against his own. Alfred froze, unable to comprehend what was happening. He was being kissed by Arthur. A sober Arthur whom he had just asked to explain why he hated him so much. Than what did kissing him have to do with anything? Did he… no, he couldn’t actually… care for him. Not like that. Not in that way. It was impossible and yet… in the time he had come to know Arthur, he always observed that he was more the physical type. Maybe, in this instance, his actions conveyed what words could not.

Alfred eyes drifted closed and he leaned in closer, reciprocating the kiss with almost shy curiosity. He had been kissed before, but not by anybody whom he had particularly strong connections with. As a result, his kisses had always been bland or unsatisfying. Locking lips with Arthur Kirkland was decidedly different. His skin was warm and sent sparks of nervous pleasure racing down his body. Arthur’s lips tasted vaguely of rum from the previous night, but there was a hint of something else - something crisp, clean, and totally unique that Alfred desperately wanted more of. He unconsciously brought a hand up to cup Arthur’s cheek, head tilting to the side as he tried to get more.

He would have been totally content with continuing had the need for air not have been so pressing. Alfred pulled back, cheeks flushed and panting. He stared wordlessly at the pirate for a long moment, eyes gone hazy from the intensity of their former connection.“So…” He began, nibbling lightly on his bottom lip as he searched for something to say that wouldn’t sound completely idiotic. “You… don’t hate me?"
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 am

Alfred froze up, and Arthur realized that immediately. The other man must hate him, then Arthur wouldn't be able to stand being near him anymore. Arthur had been foolish to hope that Alfred had liked him, hadn't he? Arthur didn't want to separate himself from Alfred, despite his worries. But if Alfred hated him, why would he torture them both like that? Arthur's anxiety ridden inner monologue was pleasantly interrupted by Alfred starting to kiss back.

Alfred was clumsy and obviously not particularly experienced at kissing, but Arthur didn't find it unpleasant. The engineer seemed almost shy with his kiss, but it was evident that Alfred was attracted to him. Arthur was surprised when a hand cupped his cheek as Alfred tried to kiss Arthur more, feeling a tingling pleasure as he kissed the other man. It had been a long time since a kiss had made Arthur feel so happy, even if the engineer was not the best. Arthur decided he would help Alfred improve his kissing with practice. Yes, lots and lots of practice.

The pirate disliked the fact that his need for air pressed him to stop kissing Al. By that time, both were panting with lips swollen from kissing. Arthur couldn't help but to observe the other man, unable to deny just how attractive Alfred was, and how relieved Arthur was to see that Alfred was not upset anymore. However, the next words out of Alfred's mouth caused Arthur to laugh. "Are you daft? If I hated you, I'd have nothing to do with you. If I hated you, I would certainly not have pulled you into a kiss," Arthur was still hesitant to admit just how fond he was of Alfred.

"T-then again, I am surprised that you do not hate me. Admittedly, I am not the most civil of people and I... have been a real prat," Arthur said, attempting to apologize. He had been doing that quite a bit lately, perhaps Alfred was having some effect on him. It wasn't clear if that was a good thing or a bad thing.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 am

Arthur’s laugh sent any tension that might have still existed between them out the window. Alfred instantly relaxed, a happy smile tugging at his lips when he realized what Arthur was saying. It hadn’t been a fluke, the kiss from last night or the one that he could still taste on his lips. Although Arthur had not verbally voiced his opinions of the young engineer, Alfred could read them clear as day. The other man cared for him. Alfred could not determine how deep this affection ran, but it was enough to send sparks of happiness rushing through him. Arthur liked him. And, since they were being honest with each other, Alfred could safely admit that he liked Arthur very much in return.

“It’s okay. But I should be apologizing too. I know how irritating I can get sometimes,” Alfred said with an easy laugh. “And just so you know… I don’t hate you. In fact I really like you. I just didn’t really know how to say it before, but well, I like you Arthur. A lot actually.” There, he said it. Arthur did not have to respond with a similar statement or anything, but he didn’t want there to be any doubts between them. To show that he was entirely serious, Alfred leaned in and shyly stole another quick kiss from Arthur’s lips. Now that he had gotten a taste, he wasn't sure he would ever get tired of kissing Arthur.

The only question that remained now was where to go from there. There was still a lot of confusion between the two seeing as they had always been so careful around each other. Not to mention their difference in social statuses. “What now?” Alfred asked, staring hopefully at the captain’s face. He didn’t want them to have to go back to the way they acted before - always so cautious and untrusting. If they wanted this (relationship?) to go anywhere, they needed to break away from their previous anxieties and learn to trust each other. Even as Alfred thought it, he knew that to create such a deep level of trust would be easier said than done. Still, he was more than willing to give it a try if Arthur was.

“Does this mean that we’re… I don’t know…” What was the correct word for this? Everything sounded too childish or too sexual for Alfred’s taste. He nibbled lightly on his bottom lip and offered only a look of confusion in hopes that Arthur would understand what he was trying to say.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Arthur was rather shocked, admittedly. After another fight, Alfred was there, laughing, smiling, and even said he liked Arthur! Arthur felt his stomach do flips as his cheeks burned with a slight blush. What was he, a school girl in love? Or maybe that damn engineer's smile and laugh were much too infective. How could Arthur deal with them and not smile? He reminded himself that no, lines from Shakespeare would not be appropriate. Before Arthur could attempt to respond, Alfred stole a quick kiss from him. Arthur decided that the kiss had been much too short, and tried to steal another, longer one from Alfred.

"What now? I'm not sure. What exactly do you want from this... this... I suppose the term would be relationship?" Arthur asked. He wasn't sure how much he could trust this new relationship, or Alfred. It was frankly a terrifying thought. But another part of him reminded Arthur that relationships didn't grow without trust. How much was he willing to risk for Alfred? How willing was he to step out of his comfort zone? How sick of being lonely was he? Arthur didn't have all the answers, but he would try to give this... whatever this was a shot.

"We're together, at the very least... I hope," Arthur responded, not quite sure what they were either. "I mean... we're certainly not lovers, but boyfriends just sounds... odd," Arthur shrugged. Arthur was no stranger to relationships, but with all the arguments he had with Alfred, he didn't want to move too quickly. He knew he had to take it slowly, and think through things more. It was certainly going to be hard, but... Arthur didn't want to be alone anymore.

"I am fond of you," Arthur admitted, hoping that would somehow improve things. He wanted things to smooth out between him and Alfred. Perhaps another kiss wouldn't hurt, Arthur thought, pressing another kiss to Alfred's lips.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:17 pm

The blush the adored Arthur’s cheeks gave the pirate a more childlike appearance than Alfred would have ever thought possible. For all his traveling and experience, perhaps Arthur was no more used to these situations than he was. In any event, the sight widened the engineer’s smile. As much as the other would deny it, Arthur was rather adorable. Terrifyingly determined in a fight and a bit of a bastard as a captain, but cute nonetheless. He fought back the urge to chuckle as Arthur leaned into press their lips together once more. Yup, definitely a cutie.

Arthur’s question threw him a bit. Honestly he wasn’t used to the other asking for his opinion so readily, but he supposed he would have to come to expect it now that they had acknowledged the attraction between them. “I guess what I want is for us to know each other, in as many respects as possible. I like you, I already said as much, but I want to know more about you and you to know about me. Mentally and… maybe physically at some point.” He flushed and looked away. Although he enjoyed kissing Arthur, he wasn’t quite ready to take that leap just yet. Alfred coughed awkwardly before continuing. “Mostly I just want trust. It will be difficult at first, seeing as I have some demons hanging over me as I imagine you do too, but I’m willing to give it a shot if you are.”

Alfred couldn’t help but laugh a little upon hearing the term ‘boyfriends’. For whatever reason, he couldn’t picture ever referring to the pirate captain as his boyfriend - it was far too juvenile. They could be lovers maybe, if they ever managed to make it passed the awkward beginnings. “I agree. For now, let’s just say we’re together.” Alfred’s heart warmed at the thought. ‘Together’ sounded very nice actually.

Alfred’s eyes widened in shock when Arthur said those words. It wasn’t as if he doubted that he ‘fancied’ him, but hearing the pirate captain say it so easily sent shivers down his spine. There was no time to respond however, because Arthur had leaned forward, pressing another kiss against his lips. This time, Alfred was prepared and was in no hurry to end the connection. He leaned forward to reciprocate the kiss, arms sliding unconsciously around Arthur’s neck as he pulled him closer.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 am

If Alfred ever mentioned that he thought Arthur was cute, Arthur was well prepared to hit the other man. Arthur refused to believe that anyone would ever think he was cute. He was a terrifying pirate, and wanted that reputation to remain. On the other hand, Arthur found Alfred to be quite... adorable. The other man's grin was infectious and Alfred just seemed like an eager puppy at times. That confused look Alfred had offered him earlier? It was undoubtedly cute. Arthur noted that Alfred was probably a master of the kicked puppy look, which meant that it would often be hard to stand up to the other man.

Alfred wanted to know more about him, as well as have mutual trust. Arthur wasn't so sure about the former, and while he could see the use of the latter, he knew it would be difficult. He nodded a bit, "I do want to know more about you." Arthur chucked a bit when Alfred blushed and looked away, it was such a cute and innocent action. Arthur hadn't been with someone that seemed so... pure in a long time. Though it meant they would take things slow, but Arthur wasn't sure that was a very bad thing. They had time, he supposed. Unless his job caught up with him. "Trust... would be helpful," Arthur said hesitantly, unsure of how to voice his doubts on his own ability to trust. "But I am willing to try, since you are."

"Yes. Together. Everything else seems just... childish or too intimate," Arthur agreed. Arthur enjoyed seeing the warm smile that was on Alfred's face, it made him look so much better than when he was frowning or angry. Arthur wanted to protect that smile, though that thought embarrassed him greatly. He would certainly never admit it to Alfred. Arthur kept his usual frown on his face, though it seemed less... angry and bitter than usual. Arthur was happy, he was just hesitant to show it.

Arthur was pleased to note that Alfred pulled him closer as they kissed. The pirate enjoyed having those strong arms wrapped around him. It seemed like both of them greatly enjoyed kissing, and that was definitely good, in Arthur's opinion. Arthur pressed himself up against the engineer, still kissing him. With practice, Alfred would surely improve, Arthur noted. After all, this one was much better than their first sober kiss. He made a mental note that the drunken one didn't count.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Alfred was quickly losing himself in the kiss. Given his status in society, there had never been a time in his life when he did not have to work. Because of this, he never had the opportunity to get particularly close to anybody - to experience that level of intimacy. Yes he had kissed before, a couple boys and even one girl, but they were chaste and short lived - nothing at all like the kiss he was currently sharing with Arthur. His body grew pleasantly warm as their connection unconsciously deepened.

Was this what it felt like to be close to somebody? This understanding that required no words - how was it he knew everything that Arthur was feeling without ever finding sense within his own jumbled mess of emotions? Alfred did not know, but the taste of Arthur’s lips threatened to intoxicate him with their potency, causing all rational thought to vanish anyway. The engineer managed not to lose all sense of rationality though - for just when his body began to react, he forced himself to pull away.

Alfred panted heavily, cheeks flushed and lips swollen, looking more like a hormonal teenage then ever before. He swallowed nervously and carefully distanced himself from the pirate. “That was nice…” He managed to say despite his growing embarrassment. More than nice really. Too nice if that were possible. It wasn’t that Alfred didn’t want to continue, but he was worried about keeping his body’s reactions under control. It was clear that Arthur was no novice to kissing, so even the simplest of actions were enough to set the inexperienced engineer on fire. “You’re very good at that… kissing I mean.” Alfred fought back the urge to slap himself in the forehead for saying something to stupid. How was it that Arthur liked him again? He was such a child compared to him.

To avoid looking more like a kid, Alfred turned away and focused on the task he had abandoned in favor of questioning Arthur. “I‘ll go ask someone to send up that tea. You’re probably still feeling sick from last night still and… Earl Grey, right?” He confirmed, leaning over to pull on his boots. Also there was the matter of finishing up the captain’s prosthetic to attend to. He had originally been planning to finish last night, but circumstances had obviously gotten in the way. Alfred stood up, straightening his clothes as best he could. “I should probably get back to work too. It wont take me long to finish so, maybe after I could come by again? To test your prosthetic of course but also to see you. If you’re not too busy.” He cursed himself for sounding so unsure of himself, but now that they were ‘together’ he no longer knew how to act.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arthur Kirkland Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:46 am

Arthur could tell that the kiss was starting to excite Alfred, after all the other man was flushed and panting while trying to scoot away from Arthur. The pirate understood a bit, that Alfred wasn't ready to move past kissing and holding hands. Frankly he found it a bit... relieving to take it slow. "Kissing takes practice... Of course, now that we're together, I suppose I could try to help you practice?" Arthur blushed slightly, feeling like an idiot for voicing his want to kiss Al. Why was he all blushing and flustered? This wasn't his first relationship, but being with Alfred made Arthur well, feel a bit younger, even if Arthur wasn't that old.

Arthur admittedly didn't want Alfred to leave his side, but the other man did make some good points. Hangover or not, Arthur needed his tea, and his prosthetic was absolutely necessary to get around. So with a bit of hesitation, Arthur nodded. "Yes, Earl Grey would be lovely. Do drop in when you've completed my prosthetic or... just if you want to drop by. And... thank you, I suppose. You've been quite helpful," Arthur replied. Perhaps he'd be able to get some embroidery done while Alfred was gone. But what if Alfred saw him embroidering? It would probably cause another round of teasing, which would lead Arthur to jab the other man in the leg with a needle, which certainly would not help their newly formed relationship. So then, what was an acceptable hobby?

Reading, perhaps? Then again, Arthur had already exhausted his store of books while bedridden, so that prospect was less than ideal. Knitting was much too close to embroidering, and Arthur didn't want Alfred to learn of that hobby either. Maybe he could try his hand at writing again, though certainly not a love letter to Alfred. That would be much too embarrassing, and intimate. Perhaps if Alfred and he were together long enough... then Arthur would reconsider. Though he'd probably end up never giving it to Alfred. His last hobby of choice was bullying the crew, but without a leg to get around, it wasn't one he could do.

Nevertheless Arthur told himself he had to amuse himself and not ask Alfred if he could tag along with him. He was certain Alfred wanted some time alone, and Arthur didn't want to be a bother. So Arthur crossed his arms and laid back in bed. "Do enjoy yourself," he said, waving at Alfred. He'd simply figure something out.
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next