On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

Post by Officer Kirkland on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Arthur stared blankly at the spot where Matthew had been for a moment before his brain caught up. Oh fuck. He had to apologise now, right? He wasn't sure what the correct procedure was after being caught with someone's older brother, but he had to let Matthew know that he hadn't meant to make things awkward. He hadn't meant to come between the brothers. Oh fuck, he was no good at relationships and there was no way he'd force Alfred to choose between his family and Arthur. He knew that he wasn't worth it. 

He gripped Alfred's hand tightly and tried to swallow down his pride before pushing the restroom door open. The flashing lights made his head hurt and he leaned back again Alfred, suddenly feeling nauseous. He shut his eyes tightly and took deep breaths to try and calm himself down. 

"Matthew!" Arthur dragged his boyfriend along after him as he pushed his way through the crowd, looking for the other man. "Matthew!" Oh God, Matthew hadn't left, had he? Had he stormed out in disgust? Was he going to be angry with Alfred later? But no, there he was, sitting at the bar with a stranger and a glass of something and a slightly bitter look on his face as he spoke. 

The look stopped Arthur in his tracks. Oh fuck. He turned back to glance at Alfred with a slightly desperate look on his face. "... Should I interrupt?" he asked, when what he really meant was, what am I supposed to do now?
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Alfred could see the panic and emotions crossing Arthur's face. He desperately wanted to tell him that everything was alright but he knew that his own face probably looked something very similar.

If Alfred was good at anything it was covering up his own distress though so he swallowed a shaky breath and shook his head to regain some consciousness. It was just about that time that his hand was grabbed and he was yanked from the bathroom and pulled back out onto the bar trailing behind Arthur. He stumbled to a stop and put out a hand onto Arthur's shoulder to steady the both of them.

He glances between Arthur and his brother who seemed to have rushed up to the bar and seated himself back down with a small huff and a expression that was all kinds of disappointed and irritated. It wasn't obvious but Alfred could tell. He'd seen his brother enough times mad at him to tell when he was even now. Honestly, if Arthur hadn't been with Alfred he might have waited until they got back to his place to talk with Matthew but the look Arthur was giving him was equally worrying. He couldn't put off anything this time. He wanted Arthur happy again as soon as possible.

"Go on, I'm right behind you dear. It's okay." Alfred said trying to be encouraging. He wraps an arm around Arthur's shoulders and approached Matthew who tries to look away and uninterested. "Hey bro, look..I'm sorry okay and I think Arthur is too. Just..forgive us please?" He asks face a certain embarrassed shade of red.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:58 am

Yes, he was embarrassed that they’d gotten caught. Yes, he wanted to be on good terms with Matthew. And yes, he didn’t want to cause any trouble between the two brothers. But as he listened to Alfred’s frantic apology, Arthur found himself scowling as anger began to build up inside of him. Why did they have to be sorry? Alfred was a grown man who was perfectly capable of making his own decisions! Who was Matthew to tell his brother what to do and what not to do?! They hadn’t been doing anything wrong. There were so many other couples in the club who were doing much worse than simply making out, after all.

“No,” he announced, the words spilling from his mouth before his drunken mind could process them. “I’m not sorry, and you shouldn’t be either! Honestly, if Matthew cared about you at all then he wouldn’t react like this. What’s wrong, boy? Think I’m not good enough for your brother? Or are you bothered about the fact that your brother is gay?”

Arthur yanked Alfred down by his shirt and pressed a searing kiss to his lips. All the love that he felt for Alfred welled up inside of him as he thoroughly plundered his boyfriend’s mouth. How could something so amazing possibly be wrong? After a moment he drew back, shooting an unsteady glare somewhere between Matthew and the fellow sitting beside him. “Just because you have doubts about your masculinity and orientation,” he said sharply, “doesn’t mean you should take it out on Alfred. Your brother cares for you greatly; it would be nice for you to care for him in return!”

He turned and stormed towards the exit, swaying unsteadily.
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 am

Alfred had been hoping for a quick resolve of the situation. Even though things hadn't been completely comfortable before he at least wanted some civility between his brother and his boyfriend. Was that so much to ask for? Surely his brother would agree. He might give him that look for a while but, they could learn to get along. Everything would be fine.

At least, he told himself until he came back to reality and heard Arthur speak up suddenly. "W-What?" Alfred's eyes widened at the protest Arthur gave. "I..but...It's not like that...Right Mattie?" Alfred asked and it was clear that he might have been a little afraid of just that this whole time.

He didn't have time to think much further though as he was pulled down into what was probably the most forceful, passionate kiss Arthur had ever given him and for a tiny moment, Alfred kissed Arthur back. It was something he honestly loved about the other man. That fire he got when he was worked up over something. Then it was over and he was left in front of his brother and this stranger once again feeling his cheeks heat up like red hot coals.

Arthur was stumbling away from him though and he looked between his brother and his love yet again. He gestured frantically between the two. " I..Mattie...he's drunk and..your fine here right?..I..I gotta go after him!" Alfred cast one more apologetic look towards his brother before he turned and ran after Arthur, hoping that he hadn't fallen out on the pavement somewhere before he got to him. "Arthur!..Arthur!"

"So, does your brother always abandon you for that guy?" The stranger sitting next to Matthew ask after having been quiet the through the rest of the time.

Matthew couldn't bring himself to answer, he just looked down at the bar counter top like there might be a solution to everything there.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

When Arthur woke the next morning, safe and warm in his boyfriend's bed, the first thought that came to him was that the previous day had all been a dream. He hadn't met Matthew yet, and he and Alfred had just had a night of passionate lovemaking. Everything was perfect. Everything, except for the headache threatening to split his skull apart, and the awful rolling and churning of his stomach. He gingerly rolled onto his side and was suddenly hit with a wave of nausea so strong that he dry-retched over the side of the bed while struggling to disentangle himself from Alfred's limbs. 

Oh God. What had happened last night? Had he wasted an entire night instead of finding some leads for the murder case? He slowly sifted through the memories of what had occurred the previous night. Oh God. Had he really said that to Matthew? If he hadn't been drunk, he would never have said that--although he still would have been thinking it. 

Finally, Arthur managed to extract himself from his boyfriend's arms and rolled off the bed, landing on the floor was a loud thump. He immediately groped for the wastepaper basket that Alfred kept under his desk and began retching into it. "Fuck," he moaned, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. "Fuck it all, Jones! You know you're not supposed to let me drink too much!"
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Alfred had ran after Arthur and only just made it in time to catch the poor man as he passed out. He toke him to his apartment and tucked him into bed, knowing that he would probably be in a hell of a mood in the morning. Still he tried to prepare, leaving a towel folded on the bed side table and a glass of water and a few aspirin there too.

Alfred had even waited for Matthew to come back before he went to bed but his brother never showed up. By two AM he locked the doors and crawled into bed with Arthur gathering his fast asleep boyfriend close to himself. He felt awful, his brother was mad at him and Arthur might be too in the morning he feared. He hadn't even known what he had done wrong either and that was the worst part.

He woke up the next morning to shifting on the bed and a thump as what he assumed was his boyfriend's body hitting the carpet. He sat up and rubbed at his eyes as he heard even more unpleasant sounds coming from the other side of the room.

"Sweetheart?..Are you alright over there?" He guessed no from the response that greeted him. He rolled over to try and look over the side of the bed and frowned sleepily. "I tried to stop you I really did..Although I think you ended up more interested in me than the drinks." He comments letting a small smirk rest on his lips trying to concentrate on the positive of last night's little adventure.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 am

Arthur was definitely not happy. He coughed weakly, gripping the sides of the bin with white-knuckled hands. "Shut the fuck up, you fucking... American!" He pulled a handful of tissues from the tissue box on top of the desk and wiped his mouth before throwing the cardboard box at his boyfriend's head with deadly accuracy. "You fucking tried, my arse! You probably just like seeing me all blushy and drunk, doing whatever the fuck it is I do when my irresponsible boyfriend doesn't stop me from drinking too much!"

He went quiet then, because his own yelling was causing his head to throb harder and was terribly grating on his nerves. Closing his eyes, he crawled in what he hoped was the vague direction of the bed. Once there, he slumped against the side of the bed and massaged his temples with a groan. "Aspirin," he demanded petulantly, tugging at the covers. "Now."

Five minutes later, he was cuddling childishly against Alfred's chest with the blankets pulled high over his head. The darkness helped to soothe his headache and soon he was dozing as he listened to his partner's heartbeat. But something wasn't right. Alfred's heart was beating a tad faster than in should have been in this situation. He was worried about something. With a sigh and a petulant tweak of his boyfriend's nipple, Arthur reluctantly ventured out from under the bed covers. 

"Is it Matthew?" he asked, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the morning brightness. "Did he say something after I left? If he's still asleep, I can go back to my flat so that I don't upset him further." He fidgeted for a moment. "I didn't mean to cause any problems between the two of you, honestly."
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 am

Alfred looked vaguely hurt at Arthur's comments and picked up the tissue box as it hit his head and bounced around the bed. "Hey now, don't pin this all on me. You ARE the one who drank all that voluntarily even though I tried to stop you." He says grumbling slightly himself. He can't stay mad long though and he is soon rolling over to the other side of the bed and retrieving the aspirin and water set there to help Arthur get it down.

He tried to rest and calm himself as they both curled back up in the covers, one arm wrapped around Arthur's shoulders and holding him close waiting for his boyfriend's hungover condition to improve. He didn't mind staying like this but it certainly gave him time to over think things once more.

He is a little surprised as Arthur comes out from under the covers and questions him. He must have been letting on his nervousness more than he thought.

"Ah..Yeah it's about him." Alfred says bringing his other hand up to brush back Arthur's fringe and place a kiss to his forehead. "but..no..don't leave. He's..not even here after all...He never came back last night. Do you think he was mad enough to go back home already?..even though he's stuff's still here? I'm worried about him."
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 am

Arthur squirmed at Alfred's gentle ministrations and ducked his head, chewing on his lower lip. Matthew hadn't come back last night? Arthur was struck by a pang of guilt but forced it down, knowing that feeling guilty wouldn't help the situation. From what he knew of Matthew--which wasn't much at all--the other man didn't seem the type to simply leave without telling his brother. Though Matthew had seemed somewhat distant since Arthur had met him, Alfred had always spoken very fondly of him and there was no reason to doubt that the brothers were very close indeed. 

"Perhaps you should try calling him before you jump to any conclusions, love," he murmured finally, wanting nothing more than to sink back down beneath the covers. "Surely he has friends in the area. He's probably stayed overnight with one of them. You've said so yourself: he's a smart lad. I doubt he's gotten into much trouble, but give him a call and if you can't reach him, we'll call the club and see if they know where he's gotten to."

Arthur yawned and pulled the covers back over his head, blocking out the morning sunlight. There was so much to do... But he was so warm and sleepy right now, and his head ached distantly... With a groan, he threw the covers back and sat up grumpily. Last night had been an utter disaster. Not only had he upset his boyfriend's brother, he also hadn't made any progress on the case. Who knew when the murderer would strike again? The murderer... Who was possibly a patron of that club... "Fuck," he swore loudly, turning to scrabble for Alfred's phone on the bedside table. "Call your brother, right now--"

He was cut off by Alfred's ringtone blaring at him suddenly. Arthur peered at the caller ID and frowned when it came up as 'unknown'. Wordlessly, he handed it to his boyfriend and shifted uneasily on the bed as he waited for Alfred to answer it. 
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 am

Alfred toke a deep breath at Arthur's words being comforted by them even though eh knew his brother better than Arthur did he was right. Matthew wasn't stupid enough to get himself into any trouble, right? He leaned back down again his pillow feeling a little better for a few moments as they settled back into the covers. "Your right..I'll call him soon."

When Arthur moved to get up Alfred looked at him almost questioningly. Surely they could sleep in a few, especially if Arthur still felt unwell. Then his boyfriend is cursing though and making a quick reach for his phone and that makes Alfred himself sit up in the bed finally. "Ok, ok what's the..." He trailed off as his phone rang.

Taking the phone from Arthur's hand he frowned deeply and flipped the device open holding it to his ear. His face gradually tightened up as he listened. Something was clearly wrong as he gritted his teeth, his hold on the phone far too tight. "If Matthew there...?"

"I said is my brother THERE!"

"Fine, give me the address..." He says before he hangs up the phone. He quickly pulls out a piece of paper and writes what he was told down before he forgets it but his hand is shaking so badly that his writing comes off as messy scribbles.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am

Arthur felt the hair on the back of his neck prickle as Alfred visibly tensed beside him. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong if Alfred was reacting like this. Alfred's temper was normally very difficult to set off, after all. "Alfred," he murmured, placing a soothing hand on his boyfriend's thigh, "Calm down. Put the phone on speaker--" He jumped and snatched his hand back as his partner shouted into the phone. Oh God, what had happened? Who was calling? 

Finally, the call was ended. He grabbed the pen away from Alfred when he saw the unreadable scribbles on the paper. "Tell me what to write," he commanded. Arthur copied down the address that he was told and climbed out of bed unsteadily.

"What happened?" he demanded as he hastily pulled on some clothing. "Who was that? Is Matthew all right?" He tried not to feel too put-off by the cold, distant manner that Alfred treated him. It was perfectly normal that he'd be preoccupied with finding his brother. Arthur hurried to keep up with his boyfriend, rushing through his morning routine as much as he could.

Before long, they were driving towards the address that Alfred had been given. 

Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 am

Alfred thanked Arthur for taking over the pen and paper and sank back against the headboard of the bed for just a moment as he recounted that had been told over the phone before he too jumped up and started throwing on his clothes. Getting his shoes mixed up and his shirt on backwards in his rush.

"I think we've found out killer...I don't know how exactly but. He says he's got Matthew, at this place. We have to meet him there. I..he didn't say what he wanted just for us to come there." Alfred bit his lip to keep his voice steady even though there was a nervous wreck brewing up underneath all of that. How could he had been so...stupid. His innocent, nice, wouldn't-hurt-a-fly brother was in trouble and it was all his fault.

Alfred pocketed his badge and anything else he could grab on the way out the door easily. He let Arthur drive after a few minutes of light arguing but Alfred knew that Arthur was right. He was too much of a mess at the moment to be driving properly and most of the way there he spent looking out the window not saying a word.

When they pulled up to the address Alfred seemed to snap out of it and he went into the same mode that he always did during these kinds of raids. One hand near his gun and tazer, the other clenched tightly into a ball. He toke long strides up the walkway but paused when he came to knocking on the door. He toke a deep shaky breath and turned to look back at Arthur, waiting for him to catch up to where he was and giving him an expression that said he was honestly afraid of what he might find inside.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:53 am

Arthur knew that Alfred was afraid for his brother. He understood that perfectly well. But he couldn’t help but be a tad frustrated at his boyfriend’s lack of communication. Everything that came out of the American’s mouth was either jumbled and rushed or argumentative. He even argued about whether or not he could be the one driving, when it was obvious to everyone that driving in his state was not a good idea in the least. Somewhere in his mind, Arthur knew that he would probably become snappish in that situation as well, but still…

He watched Alfred rush up to the front door of the house and quickly ducked around the back, searching for any windows or doors that the mysterious caller could escape from. He heard the sounds of Alfred forcing an entry through the front, and waited a few seconds before trying the handle on the back door.

It was unlocked.

Something wasn’t right. Their killer couldn’t possibly be here. No one was stupid enough to leave the back door unlocked when keeping a hostage. Arthur swung the door open slowly and peered inside before darting into the house, making sure to close and lock the door behind him to prevent any friends of the caller’s from coming in. The house was far too quiet, and Arthur nervously drew his gun. He checked the kitchen and the dining room and confirmed that it was a single-storey house before continuing through the house towards the front.

There was a footstep and Arthur whirled around, clicking the safety off and aiming right at… Alfred? He gaped at his partner for a moment, eyeing the other man’s gun which was pointing right at him. “Where is he?” he asked, confused. “The caller, I mean—where is he?!”
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 am

Alfred watched Arthur sprint around to the back of the house and after a few tense moments he reared back and kicked the door in with the heel of his shoe. Immediately Alfred drew his gun and held it pointed as he looked around the room expecting to see someone..something at least there. There was no one though. He didn't let his guard down though, maybe they were further in the house. He quietly stepped though deeper into the building his breath all but held.

Then he heard a creaking of floorboards and swung around hands a little too tight on the handle of his gun. "A-Arthur.." He said and lowered the weapon as he focused in on his partner and boyfriend. He leaned back against the wall with a sigh rubbing at his temples. "No one's here...I..I don't understand." He says. His whole body is tense trying his best not to stomp his foot once more.

So when his phone rings again Alfred nearly jumps. His hands fishing at his pockets to get it out without dropping it onto the floor. He looks at the ID and relief seems to cut through his features. He puts the phone to his ear and answer. "Matthew..oh god, where have you been?"

"Oh, ..ok. No, it's nothing really. I just was worried you didn't come home last night..Yeah I can pick you up. No problem..." When he put down the phone Alfred sunk down against the wall until he was sitting in the floor. He didn't have time to react however when the phone rang once again. He put it to his ear and sighed out a greeting and just like that the tension was back. "What do you want...I know you don't have my brother so stop this..please....You know I can't do that..This.." Alfred slams the phone back down. "That bastard hung up.." He grumbles head in his hands.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:02 am

As soon as they'd established that Matthew was definitely not in the house, Arthur knew that they had to leave. There was no evidence here. It could be argued that they'd broken in for no reason. They needed to get back to the police station and file a report before they were accused of something. "Alfred..."

Arthur watched with a growing sense of dread as he watched his partner answer the second call. What had happened? Was the caller making demands? He couldn't help feeling frustrated as he watched his boyfriend respond. He still wasn't completely comfortable working with a partner, but hadn't minded because it was Alfred. He hated having to hear information second-hand, though. He wasn't used to having to rely on someone else with his cases. 

"What happened?" he demanded as soon as Alfred was off the phone. "Where is Matthew? Who called us here? And what did he want?!" Even though he hadn't meant to, his tone came across as rather abrupt and irritated. His head still hurt from drinking so much the night before and he was once again on the verge of heaving up his guts now that the adrenaline from earlier was wearing off. 

His own phone rang suddenly and he scowled in irritation. Arthur answered without looking at the caller ID. "Kirkland speaking. Fuck off." He hung up and eyed his boyfriend critically. "Well?" he snapped. 
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Alfred visibly flinched at being snapped at by Arthur. He had been hoping for a little compassion really but...neither of them were good at mixing their personal life and careers if their last case was anything to go by. So Alfred knew what he needed to do. He needed to man up and pretend it wasn't bothering him. He wiped at his eyes and lifted his head up, moving slowly to stand upright once more. He gave Arthur a tired but apologetic look and spoke.

"Matt's alright, he's at the bus station waiting for us to pick him up. Say's he tried to catch a bus hone last night but couldn't figure out which one to take." He toke a deep breath and went on. " I think..it's out killer that we're after. I..I don't know how he got my number but he says he'll really get Matt next time unless we stop."

As Alfred spoke he slowed down until by the time he was done he felt out of it once more and ready to sit down again. he just shook it off and steeled himself before giving Arthur a looked at the own call he received. "and who was that, the chief?" Alfred asked trying to sound amused. "Either way, let's get going." Alfred turns then running a hand through his hair and making for the door, tucking his gun back into it's holder in his belt as he makes for the door.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:53 am

Unless they stopped? Unless they stopped what? The obvious answer was that the killer wanted them to drop the case, but... There was something a little off about the way that Alfred was acting. The American seemed to almost be in a daze. Arthur bit his lip and scowled, slightly regretting his harsh tone. He may not have had a good relationship with his own brothers, but it was very easy to see that Matthew and Alfred were very close indeed. Alfred must have been worried beyond belief. 

He caught up with his boyfriend at the door and reached up to neaten Alfred's messy hair apologetically. His hand lingered for a moment, then slid down to brush against the other man's cheek before Arthur turned and hurried out to the car, flushing lightly and determinedly looking anywhere but at Alfred. 

"We'll get your brother," Arthur said, trying to cover up his awkwardness, "then you can take him back to your flat while I drop into the station." He slid into the driver's seat and put his seatbelt on before sighing and rubbing at his eyes tiredly. "This is going to be an utter nightmare to explain," he muttered. "Your mobile phone number is somehow in the possession of a murderer." Arthur chewed his lower lip for a moment as he started the ignition. "... What did he want us to stop, exactly?" 
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am

Alfred was taken by surprise at Arthur's gentle touch as he moved through the doorway. He leaned into it though expression somewhere between content and almost sad. Then Arthur was running off ahead to the car though and Alfred had to smile fondly as he knew that the other would be blushing brightly most likely. Knowing that lightened his mood up just a fraction as he shut the door behind them both and slide into the passenger side of the car.

He listened to Arthur speak about what they would need to do next and nodded absently along with it. "Right, get Matt, drop you off...Sorry, I would go in with you but.."He looked down and sighs before catching himself and plastering on a smile again. "Don't worry, the Chief knows us, he knows we wouldn't do anything too stupid huh?"

Then Alfred looked away, out the window on his side of the car to avoid catching Arthur's gaze. "Hmm?...looking for him, ya know. Since we're on his case now.." Alfred lied. Well, partly lied. It still made the boy feel guilty and squirming inside to do so to his partner and boyfriend but...it was easier this way. If he told Arthur then the other would more than likely be upset and push him away somehow he figured. No, Alfred could handle this all on his own and that way Arthur never had to trouble himself with it. He already had his hands full after all right? Alfred thought he was doing what was right.

When they stopped at the bus station Alfred felt relieved to see Matthew sitting on the bench in front of the building. He rolled the window down on his side and waved his brother over before scooting over to make room for the other in the car. Matthew still looked irritated at being left at the bus station but the time there had given him a chance to calm down as well and he also gave Arthur an apologetic smile as he got into the car. "Sorry about last night. I..I was just a little shocked. You were right though..It was none of my business."

Alfred in the mean time threw his arms around his brother in a bear hug and squeezed tightly. "You had me so worried! I'm sorry bro! Next time I'll totally make sure you get home too!"
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 am

Arthur hesitated before stiffly returning Matthew’s smile. It wasn’t that he was upset with the lad; rather, he knew that he was prone to doing and saying regrettable things while under the influence of alcohol, and it was rather awkward to be sitting next to someone when he’d made out with said someone’s brother more than once the night before. “That’s quite all right,” he murmured, “I am sorry, also. I understand that you’re only looking out for your brother… And between you and me, I’m rather easily affected by drinking and my judgement tends to be severely impaired when even slightly tipsy. I do sincerely hope that we can be friends despite the incident last night.”

Even though his words were standoffish and somewhat formal, Arthur hoped that his genuine earnestness for Matthew’s approval would be easily appreciated. He wanted this to work with Alfred, after all. Normally he would have never admitted to his lightweight-drinker status, but Arthur hoped that his honesty would help to soften Matthew even a tiny bit. How was he supposed to deal with Alfred’s brother when he couldn’t even deal with his own brothers?

He fidgeted awkwardly for the remainder of the trip to the station, before politely excusing himself and fleeing into the safety of the station. Here, he was the fearsome and respected Officer Kirkland. No one was allowed to judge him here, and if they did, they knew enough to keep their opinions to themselves.

Several hours later, tired and irritated, Arthur stormed out of the Chief’s office and caught a taxi back to his flat. The paperwork and explanations were long and tedious but what bothered him the most was the caller’s threat. Matthew was in danger because he was Alfred’s brother. The most logical thing to do would be to pull Alfred off the case, but in doing so, Arthur would also be pulled off. The Chief wouldn’t allow Arthur to continue heading investigating alone, and Arthur refused to be reassigned to another partner.

He unlocked his front door and moodily trudged inside, showering quickly then collapsing into bed. What was he supposed to do? He was being selfish again. Maybe it would be better to allow himself to be pulled off the case, if it would keep both Matthew and Alfred safe? … but Alfred was their only link to the caller, or killer, right now.

With a weary sigh, Arthur turned his phone off and rolled onto his back, staring up at the ceiling as he brooded.

Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Alfred smiled gratefully at Arthur's words and started the car back as he drove off towards the station to drop Arthur off. He really, despite everything, thought himself lucky. Arthur really was a great guy. Matthew just had to get to know him better. Then they would get along great. He would see, it would be in no time. Well, that was if it wasn't the for case they were working on.

There went his smile. He tried to keep it up but it falters and he ended up staring out the window of the car as they dropped Arthur off. He gave his boyfriend a quick kiss and promised to see him again soon. Then they started home, thoughts of the killer's words to him over the phone still ringing in his ears. He itched to talk to someone about it but who was there? Not Arthur no, he couldn't worry him like that. His brother? Well, after the previous night he wasn't sure.

He tried to lighten the mood when they got home, practically jumping out of the car and rounding his way to sprawl out on the couch, legs propped up over one end, his head resting on the other.

Matthew just looked at him and toke a seat in the single chair on the other side of the room. The one that Alfred usually reserved for throwing his things in when he got home.

They watched TV, had small talk, Alfred made them both a huge bowl of ice cream and Alfred fell asleep on the couch. Matthew through a blanket over his brother and went to the small spare guest room that had a twin bed he could use when he came to visit. Neither of them brought up anything from the previous days and while it was nice and nothing out of the ordinary they could both tell that there was something the other was holding back from bringing up. It wasn't tense but it had Alfred dreaming of his troubles that night.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:10 am

Arthur was in a terrible mood. He’d spent most of the night brooding and, as a result, had gotten only a very small amount of sleep. Groaning, he rolled over and buried his face in his pillow, trying to block out the sunlight that was streaming in through the crack in the curtains. He still had no idea what to do about the case. There was too much to consider, too much to think about. Finally after almost an hour of attempting to get some sleep, Arthur rolled out of bed and trudged to the bathroom. The mirror revealed his drawn, pale reflection and the dark smudges under his eyes from lack of sleep.

He took his time in showering, reasoning to himself that if anything important had happened regarding the case, the Chief would have called him by now. After dressing and going about the rest of his daily morning ritual, he took one look around his flat and decided that it was in dire need of cleaning. Proper cleaning.

As he went through the motions of washing dishes and folding clothing, Arthur allowed his mind to wander. Immediately, he began once gain analysing everything that he could remember from the night before, mentally cataloguing everyone he’d seen at the club and sorting them into ‘suspicious’ or ‘unsuspicious’.

Eventually, though, he ran out of things to do and simply flopped on his bed. Why wasn’t anyone calling him? He’d have expected at least a text message from Alfred by now. Arthur reached over and unplugged his phone from its charger before wearily holding it up to his face. It wasn’t displaying anything, so he pressed a button. Still nothing. Arthur blinked at it stupidly for a moment before remembering: he’d turned it off the night before!

Cursing loudly, Arthur switched it back on and peered at it worriedly as it started up.

Alfred
9 missed calls
4 messages

“Fuck,” he swore out loud, jabbing the ‘call’ button frantically. Did something happen? Was Alfred all right? Or had something happened to Matthew?
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Alfred woke up in a fitful state somewhere halfway through the night sweating and kicking at the covers but feeling too cold and panicked at he same time. It toke a moment for his eyes to register the dark walls of his room, his vision fuzzy without his glasses but he recognized it all the same. When had be gotten here?...He supposed Matthew had brought him upstairs. The boy really was a good brother. Brother..Killer, Case, Arthur.

His mind connected the bits in his brain before he found himself panicking all over again as the facts lined up in his brain. Arthur was at his own place..

Alfred spared a glance at his phone on the bedside table before reaching for it and wincing at the bright light of the screen. He pressed the speed dial for Arthur's number. It wouldn't be the first time he had called Arthur in the middle of the night because he had a bad dream or because he had woken up and couldn't get back to sleep, or even just because he was still awake and wanted company. So surely Arthur wouldn't mind..well any more than he usually did.

Yup he would call and Arthur would pick up and say something silly and he could get back to sleep listening to his voice. Alfred could just imagine it now and he did. Only that awful ringing kept going off...couldn't be his alarm, not this early.

Opening his drowsy eyes again Alfred realized it was his phone..still ringing. Arthur hadn't picked up. A deep frown spread across the detective's face as he turned and looked at his phone. No boyfriend to lull him back to sleep it seemed. Well maybe Arthur had left his phone somewhere he didn't hear it. Yes that was it he reasoned. Nothing to be worried over. He placed the phone back on the bedside table and rolled around in his blankets a few times to get comfy and try to sleep again. He could call Arthur again in the morning.

And morning came all too quickly for Alfred. It seemed like he had just shut his eyes again and then sun was up and prying it's way into the room through his curtains. He groaned and listening for a moment heard footsteps downstairs. Matthew must had been making breakfast. He wondered how long he could get away with hiding up here in his room and pretending to be asleep still.

Ah, well. He might as well try calling Arthur again while he was playing possum. His boyfriend would be up by now he knew. This time he would answer for sure. Alfred dozed while he listening to the ringing again but still Arthur did not pick up. So he decided to leave him a message...then call again like the impatient thing he is. one thing lead to another and Alfred couldn't get a hold of him no matter what he did. Frustrated he got out of bed and went to take a shower to shake off the morning grumpiness he had acquired.

It wasn't until he was downstairs eating breakfast half an hour later did his phone sound, and seeing Arthur's name on the screen lite his face up and he sighed with relief answering in a cheerful manner. "Hey sweetheart, busy this mornin'?"
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 am

When Alfred finally answered, Arthur had been ready to launch into frantic, panicked questions. Really, it wasn't that unreasonable to assume the worst. They had a killer on the loose with Alfred's phone number, making threats against Matthew. Thus, it was completely logical to all but shout, "are you all right? Are you safe? What about Matthew?" into the phone the moment it was picked up. 

Alfred's words made him pause in confusion for a moment. A busy... Morning? "... What?" he said, frowning. "What on earth are you talking about? I... Is everything all right? I thought something had happened... You called so many times..." But even as he said it, he knew that hadn't been the case. Alfred was fine. Matthew was fine. Alfred had just been impatient, as usual. 

That stupid git!

Arthur's hand clenched around his mobile as embarrassment began coursing through him. He knew that he'd sounded desperate and frightened when Alfred had finally picked up... How utterly humiliating! But he couldn't help it. The thought of something happening to Alfred, or Matthew for that matter, was simply unbearable. 

"Next time, call once," he snapped, automatically becoming defensive to hide his embarrassment. "Think about other people for once! My God, if only you'd think at all!"

He wasn't being fair to Alfred, and he knew it. But Arthur couldn't take his words back now. Not knowing what else to do, and wanting to avoid a confrontation, Arthur jabbed at the 'end call' button and tossed the phone across the room. 

Maybe he should have done more cleaning instead of checking his phone. 
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:38 am

Alfred had to put his fork full of pancakes and hold the phone away from his ear when he heard Arthur's voice on the other line. He was going on loudly about something and it toke Alfred a moment to catch just what he was saying.

"Alright? Of course I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be?" Alfred asked putting the phone to his ear again tentatively to make sure that the shouting wouldn't start back again. "You just didn't pick up so I...may have called a few more times." He says with a sheepish expression on his face as he leans back in his chair at the kitchen table to focus on the conversation.

What happened next though he wasn't really expecting. He didn't have time to move the phone away from his ear and before he knew it the device was beeping with the cut off sound...Arthur had hung up on him. He only did that when he was very mad. It made Alfred pause and bring the phone in front of his face to look at it. He frowned deeply feeling slightly hurt.

"I think plenty..." He says quietly to the phone even though Arthur cannot hear him anymore.

Only then does Matthew turn to his brother after having pretended not to be in the room, and going quite a good job of it too. He gives Alfred a vaguely worried look. "Everything alright?" He asks.

Alfred looked up at him and forces a smile. "yeah, yeah. Just good ol' lover's arguement...that's all." He reassures his brother before getting up to leave the room, already dialing Arthur's number back to try and get a hold of him again.

Matthew didn't buy the explanation though, not when Alfred had left a plate full of pancakes still left on the table. If he wasn't eating like his usual self that definitely meant something was on his mind.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 am

Arthur scowled when his phone went off again but trudged over to scoop up the offending block of plastic nonetheless. He couldn't risk missing an important call, after all. A quick glance at the screen revealed the caller to be Alfred, and Arthur hesitated before answering. "What do you want?" he snapped, a humiliated flush still spread across his cheeks. "Yes, I was worried! I was worried and thus I sounded like a complete fool! There's no need to mock me, you arse!"

Of course Alfred had done no such thing, but in his embarrassment all Arthur could imagine was that infuriatingly handsome grin, accompanied by a teasing, "but you're so cute, Artie!". He wasn't bloody cute at all! Arthur was perfectly manly! The fact that he'd bottomed the other night meant nothing! It took Arthur a moment to realise that he was mentally arguing with a mental image of Alfred instead of taking his embarrassment out on the real thing, and he felt sorely tempted to simply hang up again. 

But first, he had to give his idiotic, impatient boyfriend a piece of his mind. 

Disregarding anything that his boyfriend had said in the meantime, Arthur took a deep breath to fill his lungs and continued. "Do you know how I felt when I turned on my phone and saw all of those missed calls?" he ranted furiously. "Or has all of that junk food inhibited your cognitive functions to the point where you don't even remember that a certain murderer, who somehow has your mobile number, made threats against your own brother?!"

Arthur was pacing around his living area now, knuckles turning white from gripping his mobile so hard. "How could you not think that I'd assume the worst? Next time, think!" He choked in a breath. "D-do you have any idea how scared I was?!" His voice finally cracked and he hurriedly covered his mouth and swallowed hard. For a long moment, he was sure that Alfred was going to laugh at him. 
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top