On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

Post by Detective Jones on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Alfred lifted his hands up as if to say that he would never think about throwing Arthur around. He gave a nervous laugh and looked up at Scott through his fringe. "I would never..I promise." He says determined not to be intimidated.

Alfred could have really gone without being reminded of those incidents as well. He only reddened further although from shame instead of embarrassment. "It wasn't me to gave him the alcohol and drugs." He defends himself. "Wasn't my idea to tie him up in my lap neither." He lowers his hands then and crosses them in front of him bringing himself up to his tallest stature to show that he could be just as menacing.

"What gives you the right to make that call? I think Arthur's got the choice to be with whomever he wants."
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 pm

"He's my brother," Scott said, refusing to back down. "That alone gives me the right to 'make that call'. What are you trying to say? That he accidentally ingested drugs and alcohol and just happened to fall into your lap after handcuffing himself? Are you sure you weren't just trying to get into his knickers?"

He grabbed Alfred by the collar, his grip powerful. "Arthur doesn't need that kind of shit from anyone."

He continued to try and loom over Alfred, to intimidate him. He wanted to see if this so-called 'boyfriend' of Arthur's was deserving of the title. If this man couldn't even stand up for himself, then he wasn't worth Arthur's time.
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

"We were on a case, he willingly drank the alcohol and it just happened! to be spiked!" Alfred argues his voice raising now. He didn't have to explain himself to this guy this was ridicules. "We were undercover at a college party and they dared him into my lab. What was I supposed to do, say no and expose us as police? I sure as hell wasn't about to let him in anyone else's lap either that was for sure." He protests.

As he is grabbed by his collar Alfred tries to pull away only to hiss in pain as he's jerked in a way that aggravates his side. He tries his best to cover it up though and stares right back at Scott not wavering. "I don't need this kind of shit from you." He counters.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 pm

"Of course you do, if you're trying to harass my brother." Scott didn't look at all bothered by the noise that they were making. "You can keep yelling, by the way. He's probably knocked out by now, so you can make all the noise you want. Those were some fucking strong painkillers he was prescribed."

He refused to let go of Alfred, instead giving him a little shake. "So tell me, mister policeman boyfriend, how did Arthur end up in such bad shape? I assume that you were working this case together. How did he end up almost bleeding out?" He knew exactly what he was implying, and he knew that even Alfred would be able to pick up on it. Why weren't you able to protect my brother?
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Even Alfred was a bit shaken by the question posed to him. Why hadn't he been able to? What could he have done to keep Arthur safe instead of ending up so hurt. He swallowed hard steeling his gaze at Scott but at the same time giving him a shove right back.

"What was I supposed to do!?" He shouts not even caring anymore who loudly he is talking. "The murderer had him AND my brother too! He tried to make me pick..." Alfred is on the border of sounding hysterical now, gesturing wildly with his arms. "Do you have ANY idea how that feels? What was I supposed to do, I did my best and toke a stab for Arthur to get the crazy man with the sword away from him! What else was I supposed to do!"

Alfred feels weak at the knees from his outburst but he refuses to break down in front of this man interrogating him instead he grips onto Scott's front wobbling but pushing to show that he was not going to give up.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm

"Your brother, huh?" Scott finally let go of the American. "Your brother was involved?"

That changed things, then. The fact that Alfred had still tried to save Arthur, even though his own brother's life was on the line... he didn't know whether it was stupid or commendable, but he was definitely grateful. And Alfred had mentioned something about a stab wound...?

Scott sighed. He hated feeling bad after bullying someone who was pursuing his brother. Not that he'd ever felt bad about it before, of course.

"Calm down, lad," he said, shoving Alfred onto the couch. "Artie wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, right?" He glared down at the other man for a moment, clicking his tongue, before extending his hand. "Scott Kirkland. I'm Artie's eldest brother, but the others are back in Europe. Don't get me wrong, though -- this doesn't mean I approve of you. You're on probation, and if you even think about hurting him I'll make sure that you'll be more sorry than you ever have been before in your life. Also, don't coddle him. If he doesn't want to take his meds, shove 'em down his throat. The brat's just being difficult."
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Alfred just nodded in response before he was pushed onto the couch once more and with a grunt he stayed there but gave Scott a defiant look before he sighed and leans back tiredly. He toke Scott's hand finally and shook his making sure to give a nice grip into the handshake. "Like I said before..Nice to meet cha. and don't worry that's the last thing I want to do is hurt him."

Alfred did consider what he said though. 'don't coddle him.' Had he been coddling Arthur? He had just been trying to make sure that he toke it easy and rested. Arthur hadn't told him that he was an hour past his medicine..On that note. "How often is he supposed to take that medicine?" He asked just for future reference. He would make sure Arthur toke it now too.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 pm

"It's every six hours or something, I dunno, read the box." Scott busied himself with putting away the tins of soup he'd brought over. The flat was quiet for a while, except for the sounds of Scott cleaning up.

"I'm not going to ask what you did to him." He finally broke the silence as he closed the fridge. Arthur would have to eat when he woke up, and he was already a terrible cook when he wasn't drowsy and drugged up on pain meds... "But I know you did something. He was really bad, and not just physically. I don't think it's healthy for him to put so much faith in you. But," he added quickly before Alfred could interrupt, "I also know that you two must have sorted it out. I haven't seen him this spirited in a while. I meant what I said before, though. Don't ever make him hate himself again."

He squatted down to peer into the bottom shelf of the pantry. "Now, are you staying for dinner?"
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 am

Alfred would read the box later he decided and sat there, mostly to keep the ebbing pains from flaring up again but it was quiet and odd being in Arthur's house with him asleep and his brother there. Alfred suddenly felt very much like an intruder in the place.

When Scott spoke up it almost startled him. The words made Alfred cringe with himself and he continued to feel awful about everything that had taken place. How many times would be need to say he was sorry before he was allowed to forget he mistakes he's made. He felt like a downright awful boyfriend. Maybe Arthur should have never agreed to get back together with him after all. Alfred just gave a silent nod in response to show that he had heard with his head held low.

"I..let me check with my brother." Alfred says pulling out this phone, he had gotten the number changed on it due to everything, and called Matthew. He brother picked up and seemed as patient as ever. Maybe he should go home, at least Matthew wouldn't be constantly blaming him for everything. But..he really wanted to see Arthur. They had only gotten back together moments before Scott had walked in the door and he just wanted some alone time with him. With a sigh Matthew asked him if everything was alright. He replied mostly. He told him that he was going to stay at Arthur's for dinner. Matthew said that he didn't mind as long as Alfred came home tonight. All his own medicine was there and he needed to make sure he rested. Something Matthew couldn't do if he was away.

Alfred knew he owed it to his brother as well. So he agreed. "Alright..I'll be home I promise." He says with as much heroic energy as he can muster up. Then he put down the phone and looked over to Scott. "Yeah..yeah i'll be here for dinner if you don't mind."
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:04 am

Soon enough the flat was filled with the smell of curry, a dish that Scott knew his brother adored but barely ever indulged in. He stirred the pot slowly for a while before moving it off the stove and beginning to dish it out with some rice. "Set the table," he ordered Alfred gruffly. "On second thought, bring it over there." He pointed at the coffee table and then disappeared into the bedroom. 

Eventually he emerged, dragging his brother out behind him. Arthur staggered over to the couch drowsily, eyes half-lidded. "Scottie... 'm sleepy..." he mumbled, tripping over his own feet and tumbling onto the couch beside Alfred. His pyjamas were wrinkled and his hair was sticking up in all directions. Even his eyebrows seemed a little mussed up, if possible. 

Scott brought the plates of food over, and placed them carefully on the coffee table. He sat down on the single couch and began eating, observing closely as his brother slumped over, resting his head on Alfred's shoulder. "Al," the Briton mumbled dazedly. "Al, Alfie..." His arms wrapped around the American's bicep. 

"You better wake him up and feed him," Scott commented, shovelling another forkful of rice into his mouth. "He looks like he's been skipping meals, the daft lad."
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 am

Alfred did as he was told and heaved himself off the couch to rummage through the cupboards and drawers for silverware and things for the table. He brought them out to the coffee table and tried his best to make it looks nice and neat for Arthur. Maybe it would make him feel better to eat a nice meal he hoped.

Then he sat down and waited as Scott retrieved him from his room. Alfred has to admit when he first sees Arthur step put of his room a smile crosses his face. He rarely gets to see Arthur with his guard so lowered and with the man still in his pajamas he's about the most adorable thing Alfred has ever seen. Hearing him call his brother 'Scottie' doesn't help in the slightest to dispel this.

When Arthur seats himself next to him he reached over and runs a hand through his hair, not really flattening it but just giving Arthur a gentle brush. The bridge of his nose and cheeks color at being called 'Alfie' but it only increases his affection for the other man.

He takes a bite of his own food before picking up Arthur's fork and plate and holding out a bite to him. "Wake up Sweetheart. It's time to eat and your brother made something yummy for you." He says holding the fork under Arthur's nose. He gives a chuckle and turns to Scott. "I always try to remind him to eat but he never listens I suppose...I should be more insistent I guess."
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Arthur obediently opened his mouth and closed it over the fork. He slid his lips off the utensil and chewed quietly as he closed his eyes. "'s good," he muttered, swallowing the food and then opening his mouth again automatically for more. Normally he would never have allowed himself to be spoon-fed like this, but he was tired, and drugged up, and he didn't really feel like lifting his arms up anyway.

"Seems like even the brat can be cute sometimes, huh?" Scott commented as he ate, watching Arthur wait for another forkful of rice. "He's never like that with me. It's always 'shut up' this and 'bastard' that."

"Shut up, bastard," Arthur grumbled, eyes still closed. "'m right 'ere. I can 'ear everything you say."

"See?" Scott grinned, leaning forward. Alfred seemed like an all right sort of bloke. "He's always a brat to me."
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Arthur was so adorable Alfred wondered if it would be possible to just keep him like this a little longer. Of course he would probably get scolded for it later but it was tempting. He held up another forkfull of food when Arthur was done with his first and kept on doing so with a smile on his face.

Alfred just laughed when he heard what Scott said. "Ah, maybe that's his way of showing affection? I know I can be rough on my brother sometimes but that doesn't mean anything at the end of the day." He glances at Arthur as if to ask if that's the case even though his eyes are closed.

He pauses in feeding Arthur to take a few bites of his own food feeling strangely at peace with things at the moment. Perhaps, things were finally looking up, he thought. " I wouldn't worry." Alfred says quietly to Scott. "But you probably know him better than I do, right?"
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:22 pm

"Not really. We always fought as kids, and we aren't that close even now." Scott always made a point to look out for his brother when possible, though, even though Arthur didn't seem to want to get along. They rarely visited each other, but Scott continued to keep tabs on him -- in a completely non-creepy way, of course. "It's because he's a brat," he added, but there was no real bite to his tone.

"No," Arthur huffed, rubbing at his eyes. "It's 'cause you're a bastard." There was no real malice to his tone, either, and both brothers began wondering if they could begin to repair their relationship with each other, and if they even wanted to. "Your curry is acceptable, though," Arthur conceded eventually, finally sitting up and opening his eyes.

"Yeah, and your cooking is shit."

"Why you--" Arthur was pretty much completely awake by then, eyes blazing with fury. "I try to say something nice, and you throw it right back in my face. This is why we don't get along!"

"I'm just telling the truth!" Scott replied, but it was obvious by his wide grin that he was teasing. He turned to Alfred. "I'm telling the truth, right? His cooking is disgusting!"

Arthur rounded on Alfred then, gripping his arm dangerously tight. "Yes, what do you think of my cooking, Alfred?"
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Alfred was almost sad at hearing that, seeing as how close he and his own brother had been growing up for the most part. "That's too bad really but..if you making the effort now. Well, I'm sure only good things will come of it." He says watching the two of them still smiling as he leans back with his food watching the two argue. It wasn't like watching a real arguement, no. It was like watching a sitcom family really and Alfred felt rather amused to think of his grumpy boyfriend as being so silly.

Then the question was rounded on him and his smile cracked up into a rather panicked expression. He tried to gently pull his arm loose in Arthur's grasp but the man was surprisingly strong for someone still on medication, or maybe it was Alfred's medication that was making him weaker..either way.

"I- well, you don't really cook for me often enough.." Is what Alfred's stumbled words form giving a hopeful expression hoping that will please his boyfriend enough to cease further inquiry.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 pm

"Yes, but when I do, what do you think of it?" Arthur insisted, scowling at him. "Is my cooking bad?"

Scott was snorting as he finished off his food. "You don't have to lie to him. Artie's a big boy, he can handle the truth."

"You! Shut up!" Arthur snatched the fork out of Alfred's hand and threw it across the room at his brother. "My cooking is fine! There's nothing wrong with it! Nothing at all!" He huffed moodily and crossed his arms over his chest, seemingly back to his normal temperament.

"I knew he couldn't be so cute forever," Scott sighed, picking up the fork and tossing it right back. Apparently he had better aim then Arthur did, because it managed to strike Arthur right on the chest, leaving a smear of curry down the middle of one printed unicorn.

"Scott!" Arthur all but shrieked, tossing the fork back with more force. "This is going to stain! You know these are my favourite ones! Alfred, kill him for me. Kill him right now!"
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Alfred looked from Scott to Arthur and back before he sighed in defeat and gave Arthur a puppy dog look tilting his head to the side a bit and smiling up at him through his fringe. "Well, I do admit that you blacken a lot of your cooking..but I still like it none the less." And it's true while Arthur's cooking has a particular charcoal quality about it Alfred does enjoy when the other man makes meals for him.

Once he admits his opinion he just hopes for the best, the best being not having forks thrown in his direction. He tries to stay back and out of the two's way as they bicker and it almost reminds him of some of his and Mattie's sillier fights.

He takes a napkin and reaches over to try and dab away at the curry on Arthur's clothes. "Maybe if we wash it quickly it won't stain." He suggests with a small smile.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Arthur scowled, upset that Alfred wouldn't help him. Alfred and Scott had only just met, and already they were being all chummy! He swatted Alfred's hand away and stood unsteadily. "If this stains, you both have to buy me a new pair! One each!" He stormed off back into his bedroom and into the adjoining bathroom.

Once inside he closed the door and stripped his top off, quickly beginning to dab at it with a cloth. When that didn't get rid of the stain, he mixed up some soapy water and began to dab at the pyjamas harder. He really liked this pair! It was soft, and comfortable, and unspeakably cute... He was going to murder Scott! He continued scrubbing at the top, completely forgetting about the fact that he was getting his bandages wet.

Back out in the living room, Scott picked up the fork again and laid it on the table with a sigh. "Go on," he said, waving Alfred away. "Go after him before he starts crying or something."
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:56 am

Alfred tried his best to look apologetic. He was sorry that Arthur's clothes got food on them but he had'n't expected him to act so upset over a pair of pajamas. He stood as Arthur ran off to the bathroom and barely had to be told to follow after him already heading that way.

He stopped at the bathroom door shortly and peek around the corner. He saw Arthur worriedly working away at the cloth in the sink and..he also saw Arthur's body, bruised and purple in places. It made him worry for the man. Just how hurt was he.

Then he saw the bandages getting wet and decided to make his presence known. He stepped into the bathroom fully. "Arthur..let me do that." He says reaching for the pajama top. "Your getting your bandages all wet and exerting yourself too much." He casts a glance over Arthur's front again and bites his lip before asking. "Doesn't it hurt?" Gesturing to the bruises. Never mind his own wounds. He wanted Arthur safe and healed first and foremost.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:34 pm

"Hurt?" Arthur glanced down at his chest. True, his ribs were beginning to twinge a bit, but... "I'm so heavily drugged I can barely feel it, love. You're the one without your medication." It was beginning to wear off, though, and he wondered when he was supposed to take another dose. He could feel Alfred's eyes on him, so he quickly grabbed a random shirt off the hook behind the door and slipped it on, hiding his injuries from view.

"I know that it must seem silly to be so attached to these," he said, gesturing to the pyjama top in Alfred's hands. "But, truth be told... These are the first thing I bought when I received my first salary from this job." Arthur gently took the top back and began scrubbing at it again. "And besides, they're rather nice, don't you think?"

He looked up at the other man, silently daring him to laugh. It was a relief, though, to know that they'd only just gotten back together and yet they could act as if nothing had happened. They seemed completely at ease with each other, and the thought made Arthur want to throw his arms around Alfred and never let go ever again.
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Alfred gives an encouraging smile. "As long as your alright. Besides a hero doesn't feel pain!" He exaggerates as he leans over and plants a kiss on Arthur's forehead.

He allows him to go back to scrubbing the pajamas but keeps close. He didn't laugh, in fact he looked happy. "It's not silly. I think they suit you." He replies fondly. "but maybe we should let it soak in some water over night instead of worrying yourself over it?" He suggests but doesn't try to take it away again.

He glances back towards the living room. "I'm sure your brother's waiting for us to come back and help clean up dinner...he probably thinks we're in here hiding and making out or something." He adds with a laugh as he leans against the sink.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Arthur frowned and looked away "We mustn't let him think that," he muttered, turning away to leave the shirt soaking in the sink. He couldn't help but wince at how casually Alfred was talking about being intimate now. He knew that he was being overly sensitive, and he couldn't even decide if he was offended at the insinuation that it would be bad to be caught snogging Arthur, or if he was upset at the thought of Alfred being insensitive enough to assume that it was fine to put his hands all over Arthur so soon.

"What time is Matthew expecting you to be home?" he asked, wandering over to his wardrobe and pulling out a dressing gown to put on over his pyjamas. "Perhaps you should finish your dinner and head off. I'm sure he'll be pleased to spend some time with you."

He began to head back out to the living room, put paused just in front of the closed door when something occurred to him. "Alfred," he said quietly, hands fumbling with the tie on the robe. "What happened to the killer?"
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Had he said something wrong? Alfred caught that expression on Arthur;s face but..he had just been joking. IT wasn't like he meant anything by it. He tried to shrug it off and make a note not to make jokes anymore.

He turned his head this time as Arthur is dressing just to make sure he isn't going to be accused of staring or anything. "I just told him I'd be home tonight. Didn't really say when but..it is getting late huh?" He says sounding a bit sad. "But yeah, despite him being here for a while. We still have a lot to catch up on together." He sounds almost wistful. He really misses the days when all he had to worry about was what game he and Matthew where going to play that day. Things were so much simpler back then.

Alfred pales at the unexpected question and nearly trips as he's turning towards the door himself. "The killer?"...and in his minds eye he can clearly see the man, kneeling over him right before he's sprayed with blood from the gun shot.

It takes Alfred a moment to realize he's staring off into space now looking rather distressed. He gulps to try and catch his breath, to wet this throat to be able to speak. "We got him, that's what happened." He replies moving and clapping Arthur on the shoulder but his hands are shaky. "He's gone for good..."
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 pm

"We got him?" Arthur frowned when he felt Alfred's hand shake. It was very unusual for the American to be so shaken up. "Who? What happened?" he turned around and looked up at Alfred seriously. "What's the matter, love?"

Ignoring Scott for the time being, Arthur pulled Alfred back over to the bed and sat him down firmly. "Alfred, I was honest with you earlier, so the least you can do is be honest now."

He couldn't help but leave a small gap between them on the bed, but he did reach over and clasp Alfred's hand. "You can tell me," he encouraged. "You said he's gone..." Had Alfred killed him? The thought that Alfred had been forced to end a life was distressing, but he hid it. He would have liked Alfred to have his hands remain clean for a while longer, but there was nothing he could do about it now. All he could do was support Alfred.
Officer Kirkland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Alfred had the same look as a cornered raccoon might at the questions but he tried his best to answer them. "It was some norwegian guy that lived in town. His family was as shocked as everyone else. That's all I know about him." Telling about the man long dead now didn't help in the least bit. It just meant that he had saved Arthur and his brother but someone had still lost a life even if it had been the bad guy. He didn't like that. No, in his perfect world were he as the hero he put bad guys in jail until they learned their ways were wrong and stopped being bad..no one died there.

"We were fighting and he had stabbed me and pinned me down but then..he was shot before anything else could happen." Alfred says quietly knowing that if he lied Arthur would only be angry with him. He might as well tell the truth. He gulped trying to form the words but they felt scratchy and harsh. "He died right there over me." Alfred squeezed Arthur's hand in his, his free hand rubbing at his arms as if trying to wipe the blood off still.

Alfred felt oddly dizzy as he turned to look at Arthur again. "My gun had got away from me though and Matties only ever shot hunting guns before..." He says as if trying to tell Arthur. He was the one who had saved Alfred and really gotten the bad guy in the end.
Detective Jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top