Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 3

2 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 3

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Alfred just really wanted to go to sleep but it seemed as if that wouldn't be an option now that Mr Kirkland popped up. He just swallowed thickly, nervous to see him. He really, really didn't want to see him. He really just wanted to knock out and sleep all week long.

"Ah, um...well we headed down to Virginia for a few days, sir. It's been a long trip." He gave a small yet nervous smile though he soon glanced back at his boyfriend before looking back over at the other's father.

"Are you staying at a hotel?" He asked curiously and he just hoped that he wouldn't stay in New York for too long.

He didn't want a repeat of what Arthur's mother and him was like. He still didn't really know what to think of him.

Not only that but they looked miserable compared to the very clean appearance that the other had. God...what a lovely impression.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 3

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm

“Virginia?” the older man, William, raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“It’s where Alfred’s family is from, dad,” Arthur explained and cleared his throat.

“I see…” William seemed to narrow his eyes a little at the prospect but Arthur just ignored it. The old git had no idea what he was talking about.

“So, are you staying at a hotel?”

“I’m afraid not. I needed to come here for business purposes, however I didn’t tell your mother. She would have wanted to come with me and Lord knows that I can’t deal with her at the best of times,” he sighed slightly. “She also told me about the argument you had with her. I thought it would be better for the both of us if she didn’t come.”

Arthur almost smiled at that.

“Thanks…”

“Hmph,” William seemed to be trying to conceal some of his own amusement. “May I spend the week with you, as to avoid credit card bills reaching her talons?”

Arthur pursed his lips and looked up at Alfred, waiting for his response. Seeing as Arthur’s own thoughts about how amusing what his dad had done were irrelevant.

“What do you think?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Alfred just nodded and he caught the narrow of the other's eyes but he just stayed quiet. It seemed as if none of his wishes were to come true though considering that William needed a place to stay. And despite not being all that fond of Arthur's family (which made him feel bad for doing so but he couldn't help himself), he knew that his father needed a place to stay. He was always a hospitable man.

It must have been some of his southern hospitality.

Instead he simply gave him a smile.

"Of course. There's not much in the apartment but I would be more than happy to have you stay for a week. As long as it's alright with Arthur as well." He glanced back at him and he hummed.

He really just wanted some alone time but William didn't seem all that bad, if he had to admit.

After seeing his own family and how cheerful they were, it was definitely a contrast to see Arthur's family.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Arthur gave a small smile, grateful for Alfred’s hospitable nature. However, he had no idea where his dad was going to fit. He also hoped that the lube and condoms were well-hidden.

He waited for Alfred to open the door before heading inside, putting down the bags that he was holding. He glanced once at Alfred and then at his father again.

“Aren’t you going to offer me a drink, boy?”

“I was just going to. No alcohol in this flat, dad. You’ll have to have water.”

“Poppycock. I don’t believe you.”

Arthur rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen, wanting to get changed or have a shower, all thoughts of sleep now lost.

“Alfred doesn’t drink,” he explained simply, getting a glass from the kitchen.

William stared at Alfred as though he’d just told him that he was king of the banana-hammocks and preferred to be called Rosie. He was actually gawking for a few moments before he remembered himself.

“Good God, what’s wrong with you?” he sounded shocked. “You aren’t one of those… those…”

“No, dad, Alfred’s not a eunuch.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Alfred soon opened the door for Arthur and William before shrugging, stepping off to the side so they could step in before closing the door behind them.

He just laughed a bit, somewhat embarrassed.

"I drink a little but only when I'm out with Arthur nowadays." He quickly started to seek out all of their hiding places for the lube and condom, shoving them in his jacket before running towards the bedroom so he could shove everything in the bedside drawer. Better there than anything else. After all, he didn't expect William to actually go looking through there of all places.

Soon he went back to the kitchen, grabbing a cola for himself before sighing a bit.

He just hoped that William didn't think of him as completely nuts in the end of this.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Arthur tried to distract his father by handing him the glass as Alfred ran round like, frankly, a headless chicken. He sighed exasperatedly and got himself a glass, too. He ushered his father out of the kitchen and into the living area, under the impression that it was safe now.

“Who’s flat is this?” William asked as he sat.

“Well, technically it’s Alfred’s, but I live here as well now… so it’s ours?” Arthur wasn’t sure if Alfred would be comfortable with that statement or not.

“Hmm…”

“Do you like it?”

“The wallpaper is dull.”

“That wasn’t what I asked.”

“Neither was that,” William rolled his eyes and took another sip from his glass. Arthur was starting to feel more and more nervous. “Where will I be sleeping?”

“I don’t know.”

“Do you not have more than one bedroom?”

“No.”

“My God…”

“Look, I’m going to go and have a shower. I’m way too hot. Just… make yourself at home.” Within reason.

Arthur headed to the bedroom to grab some clean clothes.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Alfred just shifted around uncomfortably when he was pretty much left alone with William but he didn't really want to leave him alone unless the other requested it. Instead he just gave him a smile, still somewhat nervous to be around him.

He felt like Arthur with his mother...except this time it was a reversal.

"I'm sorry it's not all that much. We never really did expect to have any other guests to come over and actually stay," He explained though he still felt a bit bad about giving William a well...less than marvellous place.

It wasn't as if he could go and take the sofa for him. Especially since Arthur would still be on the bed and there really wasn't any place they could put him with the exception of the sofa.

It made him feel somewhat inadequate as well.

"Well, if you want anything, then feel free to ask! I'll be more than happy to grab anything you want."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:22 am

“That’s quite alright,” William replied gruffly with a shrug. “I can understand that it was unexpected. I’m merely grateful not to have been turned away.”

Being the age he was, the sofa might not have been the best option for his back but if they had no other room, it would have to do. At least it was a place to sleep.

“So,” the man tried to make conversation, able to recall the last time they’d seen one another, “you really are Arthur’s… partner, aren’t you? Not just his ‘friend’ as you were claiming to be last time? From what my wife has told me, you are very close.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 am

Alfred just smiled a bit at him, somewhat more comfortable despite the subject matter. It was still a bit awkward but he had to admit that it was definitely better than any kind of awkward silence. He did well with talking, even if it wasn't necessarily someone he was all that comfortable with.

At least he didn't completely ignore his existence or notice it just to call him out angrily.

He knew that there really was no way of hiding it. Especially since both of their families knew.

"Yeah, I'm Arthur's partner," He clarified and he felt at ease just hearing it. It gave him reassurance. "At that time, we had gotten into a pretty bad fight though after I heard that he was in the hospital, I felt like he needed someone," He admitted with a soft sigh.

"So I wasn't particularly lying at that time."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:43 am

William just slowly nodded, looking Alfred over once as though trying to understand why but stopped soon enough. He wasn’t particularly sure how to feel about his son’s sexuality and whilst he wasn’t overly keen on the idea, he didn’t object to it, either. He was not bothered about grandchildren or the morality of the thing. It was just that he hadn’t ever experienced it before.

“Regardless, I’m glad that you were with him. It was much better than his parents being his only visitors.” He sounded unemotional as he said it, but there was a hint of affection in his voice.

Arthur re-emerged from the bedroom.

“I said I was going to take a shower, didn’t I…?” he asked absently. “Is that okay?” he was asking Alfred more than anything, to check that he could be left alone.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:46 am

Alfred visibly relaxed at the statement and he was glad that William seemed to be more understanding and accepting than Arthur's mother. That was something at the very least. He really would hate it if he had to stay with a father who wasn't tolerant towards their relationship. He simply nodded at the other's statement.

"I'm glad I could be there for him at the very least."

He soon noticed Arthur coming into the living room and he smiled more brightly over at him, nodding and urging him to the bathroom.

"Yeah. That's fine! Go take a shower. I might need to take one after you. It was a long trip."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:53 am

“Save water,” William said, causing Arthur to splutter and blush.

“Excuse me?”

“Save water. You know what I mean. I’ve been around for a long time, I understand, don’t you worry.”

Arthur was red. William was obviously suggesting that they showered together. But Arthur wasn’t sure if he should obey or not. He just stood still, tense in the middle of the room.

William looked suitably pleased with himself as he finished his glass.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:56 am

Alfred looked over at William and Arthur with confusion, raising an eyebrow. The implication completely went over his head and he simply shrugged, standing up so he could grab some food from the kitchen. Though of course he didn't go without pressing a quick kiss to Arthur's cheek, more of an apology for earlier than anything else before he finally went to grab a sandwich for himself.

It took a while but soon he came back, happy with his soda and sandwich before he sat back down on the sofa.

Did William say something bad and only Arthur understood what it meant? He had no idea. He didn't really think too much on it.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:00 am

Arthur braced himself as Alfred came towards him, but hadn’t expected the kiss on his cheek. Clearly, he was in a better mood than earlier. His father must have not said anything ridiculous yet. He just fumbled with the door knob to the bathroom and hurried in there, shutting it behind him.

William pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted someone, after reading what they had sent him. As Alfred returned, he looked up at him.

“My son wants to know when you’re getting married?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:04 am

Alfred nearly froze at the question and he looked suddenly rather nervous. He...he really didn't want to talk about that. And just the thought of it made his stomach turn. He didn't want to face the rejection or anything like that and now was certainly not the time to think about it when they were still rather uneasy with each other.

He looked over at William, discomfort dancing in his blue eyes before he laughed nervously, glancing away.

"U-Uh...I don't know. I'm not even sure if he wants to do something like that," He mumbled, shifting around. "It...has passed through my mind though a few times."

A million times over more like.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:14 am

William ended up smiling a bit, knowingly.

“It’s all Bevan has been talking about for weeks,” he settled himself to be more comfortable on the sofa, reclining somewhat. “You know, sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns and see what happens. When I proposed to Darcia, a long, long time ago, I didn’t think she would say yes. She was rude, spoilt, untameable and the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen. But I took the initiative and asked.” Perhaps it hadn’t been the best idea for either of them but at the time it had been a good plan.

“However, if you’re just saying that to please me then spare me your humour. I would rather that Arthur was with someone who genuinely wanted him, not someone who can easily be swayed into marriage for its glamour and title.” He stared at Alfred, gaze cold for a few moments but he seemed to move on relatively quickly.

“Also, my son, Peter was asking after you.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:24 am

Alfred just nodded, listening to William carefully and his heart was still pounding against his chest just at the thought of it. Being married to Arthur? They almost acted like a married couple.

What would they do though? Would Arthur actually want that kind of companionship from him?

Well, he did say that he wanted to be with him when he was old. So...maybe. Maybe he could gain the courage to ask.

"Well with how Darcia feels about me, I don't think I could go into a marriage just for the glamour and title when she's right behind me. It takes a lot more dedication than that. But for Arthur, I would do anything for him. Especially if he wants that marriage as much as I do."

He couldn't help but perk up at the mention of Peter.

"Really? How is he?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:33 am

William tried not to smile and just nodded. “You’ll know when to ask. Unless he does it first.” He paused, “Don’t worry about Darcia. She’s harmless.”

He pulled out his phone again and checked through it. He soon handed it over to Alfred for him to read the text.

“He’s fine from what I can tell. He appears to like you a lot. Apparently he sent a card for you on your birthday?” again, he didn’t sound too interested, indifferent as he sat back on the sofa.

Arthur soon came out of the bathroom, dressed in clean clothes, feeling delightfully un-sweaty and grimy.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:40 am

Alfred laughed at that and he simply shrugged. "I don't know. I don't think he'll do it first if anything." Though it did remind him that they were both men and that there wasn't any particular person who could actually do the proposal. It was either or. Hopefully Arthur had nothing planned because he had already spent so much time planning and he had even the box as well as engagement ring ready.

"Yeah, he did. It was very sweet actually. I really like Peter." He smiled though he soon read the text, humming to himself. He handed the phone back to William and it was a while later but Arthur soon came out of the bathroom.

It only made him feel more uneasy since the thought of marriage was still in his mind.

And of course Arthur was right there.

Last edited by Assistant Jones on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:49 am

“You’ll have to see, won’t you?” William tucked his phone away and nodded.

“As do I. He’s an incredibly bright boy; he does very well at school.” He turned to acknowledge Arthur’s presence with a nod. Arthur just sort of smiled meekly in response. He came over to them, hoping to spare Alfred from his father’s conversation, whatever they were discussing.

He placed a hand on Alfred’s shoulder, as though protectively in case William had said anything.

“I’m sorry to be incredibly dull, but I would like to go to bed,” Arthur announced.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:55 am

Alfred nodded and he hummed. "I suppose I do."

He was grateful for the hand on his shoulder and he looked up at his boyfriend, nodding again.

"Go ahead. I'm going to take a shower anyways." He looked over at William apologetically. "I'm sorry. I think we're both heading to bed in this case. It's been a really long trip and I think yours had been a long trip as well." He smiled at him before finally standing up, gazing at Arthur for a long moment before scurrying over to the bedroom then right afterwards going to the bathroom so he could take his own shower.

Sleep sounded really nice right now and it was already starting to get dark outside anyways.

They definitely needed the rest before they went to work.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:21 am

“I’ll get you some bedding, dad.” Arthur hadn’t noticed Alfred gazing at him, and would have been amazed that he was, considering their fight earlier on. He had a feeling that the next week was going to be incredibly tense between the two of them. They hadn’t really made up yet and he got the feeling that his father would make things awkward somehow.

He soon returned to his father, giving him pillows and a blanket that was reserved for putting over their bed during the winter. He gave his father a small smile and was about to leave the room to go to bed when William said:

“He’s quite taken with you, isn’t he?”

Arthur sighed a little before nodding, looking back at his father. “We love each other,” he said earnestly.

“Whatever love is,” William looked away.

“Uh… yeah…”

“I will talk to you tomorrow Arthur. You need to sleep.”

“Yeah. I do. Night,” the younger man said hurriedly and went to his and Alfred’s room, closing the door behind him. He got into bed and let out a long sigh of relief at the comfort it provided.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:27 am

With the hope that Arthur and himself would ease up on the tension soon, Alfred soon headed into the shower and he was glad for the warmth. Sighing in contentment, he couldn't help but relax under the heat and he just wished that he could stay in here until William left. Of course he knew that wasn't necessarily an option.

So soon enough he stepped out of the shower and with a soft sigh, he glanced over at William before nodding.

"Have a good sleep," He said simply, feeling too awkward calling him Mr Kirkland as he did before. That's what he called Arthur at work and it was just weird to refer to him in that way. Soon he headed into their bedroom, climbing in the bed also.

"Good night," He murmured though he soon tugged the blankets over him, his eyes closing already. He really was tired.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:35 am

“Good night,” Arthur whispered, slightly disheartened that Alfred merely climbed into bed and did not try to curl up to him or invade his personal space like he usually did. And like hell was Arthur going to.

It didn’t take him long to also fall asleep. He just hoped that they’d be able to work things out, that this was only a stupid fight. He loved Alfred, more so than he thought was possible. He didn’t want to lose that over something so petty.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 am

It was a long day of work the next day and there was still noticeable uneasiness between Arthur and himself. The whole office seemed to notice as well and they whispered amongst each other as Alfred passed by. He really didn't care what they thought and instead he gave them his bright and sunny smile as always.

He didn't have an amazing sleep though. He was used to curling up against Arthur's warmth but he didn't want to invade his privacy when they still hadn't apologised to each other.

Maybe he should do that...but it was still hard for him to get those words out of his mouth. Especially when felt as if he wasn't the only perpetrator in all of this.

Soon enough Alfred came back home with Arthur, looking tired though when Arthur's father invited them out to dinner, he couldn't dare say no to the invitation. And soon enough he found himself at a restaurant next to Arthur and William and he had to admit, he was starving.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next