Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Town is Big Enough...

2 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

This Town is Big Enough... - Page 15 Empty Re: This Town is Big Enough...

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Peter joy in success drained away the moment the cow reared up and Alfred battled with the rope. The boy had seen horses rear up, over course at the showing of of his cousins would could make them do it. He had never really seen anything rear up with rage. His body was filled with fear when he saw Alfred fall back and hit his head. He hurried quickly, glancing back to the house. He didn't want Arthur to be mad at him for hurting Alfred, even if it wasn't really his true doing. Still Arthur would be mad at him, but he would apologize like he usually did when it was clearly not Peter's true fault.

At Alfred's smile Peter felt a little bit more relieved. At least he wasn't too hurt to not be smiling. "Um sorry about that." Peter grinned out weakly. "Thanks though...I guess. Do you think we should go inside?" Peter glanced at the house again, Arthur was still no where inside. Peter was for once glad his mother worried about Arthur so much. If anything she was probably making him sit down and drink something.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Alfred just shook his head, giving the boy a comforting smile. It hadn’t been his fault at all. If he had been paying attention, he could have told him to avoid that particular steer and have avoided the whole event. He was just glad that it hadn’t been Peter to get thrown. He could take the beating, but a kid couldn’t exactly handle being thrown with that kind of power. “It’s not your fault. I should have been paying closer attention.” Alfred shook his head and stood up, wincing again at the dull pain in his side. He would sustain a couple bruises and a cut on his lip, but that should be the extent of his injuries - nothing he couldn’t take.

“We should probably take a break from roping for the rest of the day,” Least the other steers decide to follow the first one’s example and starting thrashing about. He took a step forward and wiped the thin trail of blood from his lip and smiled a bit. “Next time, I promise I’ll keep a closer eye. But for now, let’s go inside. But… let’s try and avoid your brother.” He really, really didn’t want to be on the receiving end of that lecture when Arthur found out he had managed to get himself slightly injured in the two minutes he turned his back. Besides, he didn’t want any of the blame to fall on Peter. The kid might like to play pranks, but it certainly wasn’t his fault that the steer had been in a bad mood.

Alfred peeked through the door, looking around for Arthur. When he didn’t immediately spot him, he stepped inside and went towards the washroom, washing away the blood off his face. There was a small cut on his lip, but he could easily pass that off as him biting his lip too hard or something. When he deemed himself as looking acceptable, he went back out into the hallway, intending to escape back into his bedroom for some much needed rest.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:55 am

Peter nodded quickly at the idea of taking a break from roping for the rest of the day. With what had happened he was frightened to try again, after least until tomorrow, because surely they animals would have settled by them. "Avoiding Arthur sounds like a good idea." Peter said with a small smile, before he followed Alfred's lead into the house. He didn't follow Alfred into the washroom, but kept guard in case Arthur come wandering around, or narrowly escaping their mother's wrath.

Arthur rounded the corner from the small furnished living room, rubbing his lower back slightly, before he noticed Peter. So much for avoiding him. Arthur raised a thick eyebrow at him, it was clear the boy wasn't going to come into the house unless there was a rather important purpose, not to just stand around in the hallway. Peter grinned back at him, which only raised the eyebrow more. Arthur knew all of Peter's grins, and Peter was rather sure he could tell it was the grin he used when hiding something he didn't want Arthur to get angry over. His older brother quickly approached him.

"What's with that grin?" Arthur said putting his hands on his hips and looking down at Peter. Peter in turn looked up at him, and finding Arthur with a look that usually broke all of Peter's resolve when he was younger. However Peter wasn't going to crack so easy.

"I can't be happy to see you." Arthur's look immediately hardened at the words. Peter cursed in his head, Arthur was really good and knowing things.

"I haven't seen that grin a while," Arthur said leaning a bit closer. "Where's Alfred, there's obviously there's a good reason why you're inside."

"He got tired, so he went to his room to rest." Peter said rocking from his toes to the balls of his feet. However he heard the door open beside him, and Arthur did to because he looked up and started leaning like he might get a better look if he leaned to a certain side. "Mum didn't want me around the cattle with no one watching."

Arthur snapped his attention back to Peter. "Antonio and Lovino are still here, yes?" Arthur's green eyes started drifting back towards the washroom.

"Um...yeah, but they were too busy talking to notice me." Peter said quickly, trying to keep Arthur's full attention on him.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:11 am

Alfred froze when he heard Arthur’s voice from the hallway. Ah damn, and here he thought they could avoid him if they were quiet enough. He grumbled a bit to himself and slipped back into the washroom, inwardly going over his options. Somehow, he doubted Arthur would simply buy the excuse that they had simply grown tired of roping (especially considering how focused Peter had been on the task). That left only one sensible option - trying to sneak away without getting caught.

Peaking around the corner, the young sheriff caught sight of Arthur standing in front of Peter, a suspicious look on his face. Great, he already didn’t trust his younger brother, that meant he wasn’t about to give Alfred an inch of trust when it came to not injuring himself or doing something stupid. He grumbled and pulled back, taking a deep breath before slowly moving out of the washroom. He tried to move swiftly and silently, as to not catch the Englishman’s attention. However, neither of those were his strong suits and he quickly stumbled over his own feet, having to catch himself on the railing. He looked up at Arthur and managed a sheepish grin, trying to be mindful of his slip lip. “Hey Artie.”

Alfred glanced at Peter, trying to appear as nonchalant as possible. “I’m just a little tired still from the walk back, and Peter was just helping me back. But now that you’re here, you can help me get up the stairs, right Artie?” He smiled again, trying not to appear too guilty and inspire Arthur’s wrath. It wasn’t as if they had done anything wrong - but he would really rather avoid the Brit’s lecture and Peter wasn’t at fault for anything. If only he was better at lying (or sneaking around) he could have made it safely back into his bedroom.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 am

Arthur looked up at the sound of Alfred stumbling about. He looked up quickly, because the noise honestly startled him. He raised an eyebrow as Alfred grinned at him. Something was up, but he couldn't quite place his finger on it, and he wasn't going to job on anyone in blind rage when it was clearly uncalled for.

"I was just helping Alfred," Peter seconded Alfred's words, causing Arthur to sigh and let his arms go slack. He didn't believe his brother at all, or Alfred either. "Honest, Arthur."

"Don't let mother hear that lie." Arthur warned, hinting at the fact that he already knew the two were lying. Peter nodded and hurried off, sending Alfred an apologetic look for leaving him. Arthur watched the younger boy hurry off before he walked over to Alfred. "What happened to your lip?" He asked, leaning closely to inspect the American's face.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:15 am

Alfred watched as Peter slipped away before letting out a small, internal sigh. Well that left him alone to deal with the wrath of Arthur, but at least he had a better chance of making it out without getting a beating or anything for his actions. When the boy was out of sight, he turned to the Brit and gave him a sheepish smile. “Well you see… it’s like this.” Alfred began scratching the back of his head in a nervous fashion, clearly expecting to be reprimanded for the story he was about to tell. But it was clear that lying wasn’t working out to well for him, so might as well make it seem like his actions were more heroic than not thought out.

“Peter was practicing his roping and he managed to catch a steers horn. It was a beautiful toss really and his knotting was just perfect, but the problem was the steer was a little irritated that he had been made a target of the entire day. So, he started to pull on the rope. And me, being the heroic person I am, couldn’t let your little brother get hurt, swooped in at the last second and took the rope instead. I mean, I guess I could have just dropped it, but I wasn’t thinking clearly at this point and kind of got thrown into a fence. But it’s okay ‘cause your brother was fine!”

He grinned after that and straightened up, trying to appear completely unharmed and heroic, but the ache in his side caused him to groan and curl up slightly. Damn he hoped Artie wouldn’t completely lose it for disobeying him. Honestly he had to save his brother - and it wasn’t like he wouldn’t heal eventually. “So that’s what happened, and don’t be mad at your brother. It wasn’t his fault. I should have been paying closer attention to him.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm

"What...?" Arthur said surprised by the fact that is sounded like something that would happened. He blinked at Alfred, suddenly watching him carefully. "Are you alright?!" Arthur asked getting ready to spin the American around and look him over as best he could. "Let's get you upstairs before you explain again." Arthur said stopping Alfred from explain again. "You think you can make it up the stairs?"
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Alfred parted his lips, ready to go off on another long, drawn out explanation as to why he was injured, but Arthur stopped him. Instead he offered a small smile and nodded, moving towards the staircase with only minor difficulty. His side and head still ached from the force of his impact, but he managed to make it up the stairs without too much trouble. The young sheriff was thankful for that at least. If Arthur had any reason to believe that he had seriously injured himself, he might just throw a fit.

When Alfred reached his bedroom he stepped inside and made beeline for the bed, sitting his tired body on the edge with a grateful sigh. After he got comfortable, he looked up at Arthur and gave him a sheepish grin. “I’m okay. Just a little banged up, but nothing a little time couldn’t fix. I was more worried about your brother. A steer that size could have done some serious damage to the kid,” He said, laying back against the soft bed. He hummed lightly to himself and closed his eyes, already relaxing into the warm sheets. Maybe he could convince Arthur to snuggle with him for a while. A nap would probably do them both some good.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 am

Arthur followed Alfred up the stairs still watching him closely and they made their way to his room. Arthur softly closed the bedroom door behind them, turning back to find Alfred getting situated in the bed. He waited till he was all settled and talking before he sat next to him on the edge of bed. Without warning (though still listening to the man as well) he tugged up the American's shirt, running his fingers gently along his sides which were starting to bruise. A little banged up was putting it lightly. Arthur sighed to himself. Alfred story was believable and Arthur had heard a questionable noise from outside, but due to his mother's want to talk, he hadn't investigated it.

Arthur took a deep calming breath, though he was angry he knew it wasn't anyone's fault. That and he wasn't feeling up to pick a fight with anyone at the moment. He didn't feel like saying anything, afraid he would have a fit of rage towards Alfred.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:31 am

Alfred let out a little gasp when Arthur suddenly yanked up his shirt and ran his fingertips along his sore side. Man that stung. Even though it was clear that the Englishman was trying to be as gentle as possible, the bruises still were tender. Alfred halted his speaking and instead watched Arthur’s face with a careful expression. He was pissed - that much was clear, but he hadn’t blown up on him yet. That was an encouraging sign. Alfred slowly eased himself back up into a half sitting position, cupping Arthur’s cheek with one hand. “Hey… it’s alright,” He said softly, pressing a kiss lightly against the other’s lips. “I couldn’t let your brother get hurt… and besides,” Alfred smiled, placing his other hand over the one that Arthur still had pressed against his side. “I have you to look after me, don’t I?”

Than, in one quick movement, Alfred pulled Arthur down on top of him, holding him close against his chest. It stung a bit to keep him up against him, but he figured the best tactic to keep him distracted from his anger, was by playing the victim and asking for a bit of gentle affection. Alfred put on his best, loving smile and brought the Englishman into another soft kiss (being very sure to draw this one out a bit longer than before). “You could always kiss me to make me feel better,” He suggested lightly, grinning a bit. He could only hope that the light, playful atmosphere would be enough to distract Arthur from his inexplicable anger. After all, nothing was broken that couldn’t soon be fixed. And he really didn’t want Peter to get in trouble for something he honestly couldn’t control. That wouldn’t have been fair in the slightest.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:43 am

Arthur leaned into Alfred's hand, but eyes stayed downwards, he feared on look who make him lose it. He knew it wasn't anyone fault, still Alfred should have been more careful, Peter should have been watching as well. The boy knows what animals look like when they're in a mood. If anything Arthur's angry at himself too, he should have waited for his mother to find him. That way he would be outside and could have been there when the whole thing happened. Still he listened to Alfred as he was right. It would have been worse had it been Peter. In more ways then one, so Arthur allows a small smile at the last words.

He yelped a bit when Alfred tugged him down. Alfred kissed him before he could snap at him to be more careful. Honestly he had his sides to worry about more than anything. Arthur relax against him, trying to be mindful of his sides. "I have a lot of kissing do than." Arthur said a playfully, trying to play along. He kissed Alfred again on the lips softly.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Alfred smiled, glad that Arthur had decided to humor him a little. He tilted his head to the side and eagerly responded to the soft kiss, fingers sliding up and down the sides of his loves body. He kept the kisses they shared soft, chaste, for fear if they did anything too heated his body would react in a less than pleasant manner. Not that he didn’t enjoy their intimacy, but going that far in the middle of the day with Arthur’s family still bustling around was probably not the best of ideas. So he opted to continue their gentle kissing, enjoying the sensations of their soft contact. He hummed lightly against Arthur’s lips before pulling back.

For a moment, all he did was stare lovingly into Arthur’s emerald green eyes. Good, he looked much calmer now. Or at least not as likely to fly off the handle. Alfred gave him a grin and another peck on the lips. “See? No harm done,” He said with a chuckle, rolling the two of them over so that Arthur was the one pressed up against the bed. However, instead of continuing their kissing, Alfred simply snuggled into the Brit’s shoulder and closed his eyes. His exhaustion had finally caught up with him and now seemed like the perfect time for a nap. And Arthur needed one as well after their activity last night. So might as well kill two birds with one stone. “Let’s rest for a bit,” He suggested, already tightening his grip around the other man’s thin frame.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm

"No harm done," Arthur said somewhat dizzy from all the kissing that had taken place. He chuckled as Alfred rolled them over, so he too was laying on the bed. Arthur found he couldn't exactly be made any more. He had had someone like Alfred in his life earlier, maybe he wouldn't have snapped at Peter so much only to have to apologize later. He grinned Alfred was so warm against him he could fall asleep in no time. As if his body wish to prove him correct he yawned. He probably would have slept longer had Antonio and Lovino not showed up. "I suppose some rest won't hurt." Arthur said curling up to Alfred a bit.

He started humming some random tune he had probably heard when he was at some salon. His green eyes drifted slowed and he found his own humming was putting him to sleep.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Alfred smiled when he felt the other man curl up against him to get more comfortable. Clearly he needed the rest just as much as the American did. Alfred sat up and pulled a thin blanket over the top of them before laying down once more. He had just settled back down when Arthur began to hum. Instantly a sleepy warmth began to overtake him at the soft sound of humming right next to his ear. Alfred’s eyes drifted shut and his breathing evened out. No fair… it was his idea to sleep and now he was going to miss Arthur drifting off. He always looked so calm, peaceful, and content as he slept… something he didn’t get a chance to see very often. But before Alfred could voice these complaints, he was out like a light, fingertips curling up around Arthur’s form every so often as he slept.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:48 am

"Oi! Sprite! You're bloody horses are here!" Scott yelled as he pounded on the door, attempting to get someone attention. It woke Arthur up, causing him to sigh as he opened his eyes to find it was starting to get dark outside. That was a nickname he hadn't heard in a long time, his brothers had called him that because of his size and love for the magical creatures.

Arthur stretched a bit in, before trying to wiggle his way out of Alfred's hold so he could stop the knocking at not wake the man. Somehow he managed it, though he wasn't exactly sure how. He stumbled out of the bed and towards the door, fixing his appearance so it didn't look like Alfred and him had been call cuddled together. He opened the door with a bit of annoyance from being woken up. Scott seemed a bit startled by him tearing open the door, and giving him an angered look of "What?"

"Um, the guy you sent came back with your horses." Scott said calmly.

"I heard you the first time, Scott." Arthur said rubbing some sleep out of his eyes. "I suppose Victoria is causing a problem, other wise, you wouldn't be knocking on the door like someone was murdered." Scott nodded and Arthur sighed. "She'll keep causing a problem if I don't help assist."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 am

Alfred awoke the sound of pounding on the door. He grumbled a bit and tried to bury himself deeper within the soft mattress, as if that would protect him from the offending noise. Of course, this offered no help and he was slowly brought back into the world of the conscious. He felt the warm body next to him slip away, causing him to grumble even more and sit up, a pout on his lips. Arthur had his back to him and it appeared like he was having a conversation with his older (louder brother). Alfred ran his fingers through his hair, smoothing it down as he tried to gain a sense of what was happening around him.

It appeared to still be light outside, which meant that only a few hours had passed since they had begun their nap. Good, so they hadn’t slept through the entire day at least (the last thing he needed was his sleep schedule getting even more messed up than it already was). Something had happened out in the ranch that had required Arthur’s attention, otherwise all that screaming would have been completely unwarranted. Alfred was just about to plop back down on the bed and sleep for an hour or so more when he caught the word ‘horses’ thrown into the conversation.

Instantly he shot out of bed, his fatigue gone and his eyes bright and cheerful. “Liberty is here?” Oh his beloved baby, he hadn’t seen her in so long! Alfred pushed past Arthur and Scott without waiting for a response, rushing down the stairs like a hyperactive child. When he reached the landing, he caught sight of the two horses out the window and quickened his pace. “Liberty!” He shouted, running over to the mare with his arms wide open. Instead of being met with a familiar nuzzle to the head, the horse was spooked and trotted behind Victoria, who revered up angrily. Alfred stepped back, blue eyes full of confusion. Why was she running from him? He hadn’t been gone that long, had he?

“Liberty?” He tried again, taking a slow step towards her. Once again she moved in the other direction and Victoria blocked him from getting closer. Alfred bit his lip and stepped away, knowing that pushing the shy horse wouldn’t do him any good at this point. She no longer had any reason to trust him. In her mind, his long absence had meant abandonment. That meant he had to slowly work up her trust once more before she let him near enough to pat her. It hurt to know that she was afraid of him once more, but seeing her alive and well kept this from being a totally bitter reunion.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:42 am

Arthur jumped at the sound of Alfred's voice, however he had hardly time to even register the question before Alfred was running down the hall and stairs. Arthur sighed before turning to Scott. "Thank you," Arthur said running a hand through his hair before starting after Alfred. He hurried after the American, not really caring what Scott did. He hurried down the stairs and out the door, gasping at the sight.

Arthur slowly walked up to Victoria who was glaring at Alfred. He gently eased her attention off of Alfred, and trying to get Liberty over as well. Eventually Victoria help get Liberty of him. Shushed Victoria, seeing she was still angry. "Calm down, he's not going to hurt her." Arthur said before turning to Liberty, gently petting her nose. "I told you I would find him." He snapped lightly.

He turned to Alfred and gave the American a small smile before easing Victoria away. Trying to give the two some space.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:23 am

Alfred flashed the Brit a grateful smile and slowly stepped towards the nervous horse, hands held up in a submissive pose. It had been so long since he had seen the mare, it was no surprise that she had acted so frightened. Before he had became her owner, she refused to go anywhere near men. He wasn’t sure on the circumstances as to why, but he figured she had a pretty good reason to act that way. “Liberty…” He said softly, taking another step forward. The horse made a panicked noise and stepped back, but didn’t run for cover this time. Alfred gave her a small smile and stopped all movement. He could tell that she recognized him, but something was preventing her from coming closer.

“Alright… I won’t come any closer to you ma’am,” He said, sitting down on the dirt, a smile on his face. The horse shifted nervously, but didn’t retreat. This encouraged Alfred and he gave her another smile. “I’m sorry for being gone so long. You must have thought I abandoned you.” He shook his head and let out a small sigh. This is how it had been when he was first trying to convince the horse to allow him to touch her. He would sit by her stable for hours and just talk until she got used to the sound of his voice.

“I would never do that do you though, you know better than that. Besides Artie told ya he’d find me and bring me back to you.” Alfred leaned back on his forearms, offering the horse a playful smile. “Come on Liberty, you’ve missed me, haven’t you?” The horse stayed farther away from him as he spoke, shifting about and making soft noises but eventually she trotted forward and gave his head a tentative nuzzle. He grinned, but didn’t raise his arms as to not frighten her. She stayed close to him for a minute before moving away again. “Fair enough Liberty,” He said from his place on the ground. The process would be slow as she gained back her complete trust, but at least he knew that she still recognized him. That meant the two of them would be back to normal in no time at all.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Victoria attempted to charge Alfred as Liberty seemed to panic, but Arthur kept easing her away, hushing her and trying to calm her down. Arthur knew for a fact she wasn't exactly fond of someone who wasn't Arthur coming to pick her up. Still she hadn't seemed to hostile towards the man who brought them or they would have arrived later. Easing her along for a small walk. She trotted along, occasionally attempting to glance back every time Liberty made a noise. Arthur however would pull hard on her reigns and redirect her attention else where.

"They're fine, relax." He shushed her, knowing full well she could turn and run at Alfred if she wanted too, Arthur wasn't strong enough to stop her completely. However she didn't, and her trot became a bit happier and Arthur lead her back to where Alfred and Liberty away. Some distance between them but Liberty seemed rather fine.

"Everything okay here?" Arthur asked as he let Victoria's reins slide out of his hands.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Alfred looked up from his sitting position on the dirt, flashing Arthur a smile. “We’re getting there. It’s going to take her a little time for her to trust me again.” Liberty trotted over to Victoria, offering her a little nuzzle to the side before matching her in step. She didn’t appear to be so spooked anymore, but she kept her wary distance from the American. Alfred stood up and stood back a respectful distance, allowing her that comfort space. “You’re going to have to fix her up in the stable. She’s not ready for me yet.” Victoria continued to eye him distrustfully, causing him to hold his hands up in surrender. “Plus I think Lady Victoria isn’t going to let me within three feet of Liberty.”

The young sheriff began walking down towards the stables, keeping his careful distance throughout the entire journey. All he wanted was to be able to run his fingers through Liberty’s mane and give her a lifetime of love and affection. It had been far too long since he had seen his precious horse, but he was willing to wait until she felt comfortable around him again. Until than, he would trust Arthur to keep her safe and happy.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:38 am

Arthur grinned. At least Liberty was starting to get a bit more comfortable around Alfred. Still it shocked him a bit, true Alfred had been away a long time, but there was no true reason to be frightened of him. Arthur nodded and collected to two reins of the horses and started towards the stables. He still had to ease Victoria's eyes away from Alfred, which his a rather depressing thought to him, he thought Victoria had liked him and would continue on like him like nothing was wrong, but that was obviously not the case.

Arthur placed the two in the same stall, because Liberty was calming Victoria and it would not be good if Victoria attempted something with a stable boy. He collected some hay for them and prepared some fresh water before giving Victoria a warn. "Now be nice, we're guest." Arthur snapped and Victoria gave a snort which he would usually playfully swat at her, but he wasn't going to try anything with Liberty there.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 am

Alfred watched at a distance as Arthur fixed up the two horses with food and fresh water. He smiled fondly as his beloved Liberty settled in easily, although it appeared Victoria was having too much fun being troublesome to calm down right away. He chuckled at the two and leaned back against the wooden doorframe, waiting patiently for Arthur to return from his task. “Hey Artie!” He shouted back, still keeping his distance least Victoria decided that now would be a good time to charge him or something. “When Liberty decides I’m worthy again, we need to do some real riding. I’ve missed it so much.”

He grinned happily and raised a hand up to shade his eyes from the harsh sun. Although he enjoyed the break from the crazy life the two of them lead, he was ready to get back to home. There was so much that still needed to be done. After months of wishing for nothing but death, all he could find to be thankful for was the new opportunity at life. With Arthur by his side he was going to tare down what was left of the criminal strongholds in the west and establish a new, better order. Serious changes needed to be made, and he was going to make sure they were done. After all, he had made a promise to Arthur when they first met that the two of them would become legends. “Legends indeed…” He murmured, looking up at the endless blue sky.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:56 am

"Hm..." Arthur sounded as Alfred called at him. "Well she better hurry if we want to leave as scheduled." Arthur said, though he was more than willing to give Liberty all the times she needed. Still it would be easier for that to happen if they were back home and not being guests at someone's ranch. "Besides, I think the ride to where Francis and Matthew are will allow for some." Arthur said as he finished up getting the horses settled and happy. He dusted his hands on his jeans before walking over to Alfred who seemed to be else where.

"There, they're all settled now." Arthur said trying to bring Alfred back from his thinking.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:30 am

Arthur’s voice brought him out of his daydream and he instantly gave him a happy smile. “Thanks Artie,” He said easily, letting his gaze wander back up to the endless blue sky. He silently began to wonder what challenges the two of them would have to face now. Arthur had managed to set him free from imprisonment, but there was still that crazy Russian crime lord to take care of. After so many months of being tormented by the man, Alfred felt as if his fear should be stronger, but it seemed so far away now. All he wanted, all he really needed was the chance to prove himself to make the world a better place. Before he was simply a child who didn’t know anything about the demons that lived within some people. Now he that he was so well versed in the subject, he didn’t find himself so afraid. Perhaps he could even help Braginski out of this crazed way of thinking he had developed. After all, he hadn’t always been crazy…

Alfred shook his head, trying to focus in on Arthur again. “Sorry, I was just thinking,” He said, running his fingertips through his corn silk hair. Reaching down, he grabbed for Arthur’s arm and began leading the way back to the ranch house, humming a bit to himself. It was odd how optimistic he was now, but he supposed it made sense. After spending so long in the darkness, he found it easy to see the light. When they reached the house, Alfred released Arthur’s hand (somewhat begrudgingly) and stepped inside. It was almost time for dinner, so the Kirkland family was just starting to gather and the sound of loud laughter reached his ears. He smiled a bit and flashed Arthur a look. “You’re really lucky to have such a big family.” It made him miss Mattie and his mother more than ever, but he didn’t say anything. After all, Arthur deserved happiness and who was he to rain on his parade.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:48 am

Arthur let Alfred pull him along back towards the house where he was greeted by the smell of an almost completed dinner and the sound of his family. He turned to Alfred as he spoke to him and gave a bit of a grin. He was rather lucky to have such a large family to fall back out in he ever needed, but that didn't mean growing up with him had been hell. "Doesn't mean it wasn't hell when we were growing up." Arthur said a bit teasingly. Now that they were all older, his brothers were kinder to him, but it has taken him years to prove he wasn't a fragile being that got ill all the time and could die without much warning. Of course now when they get in fights they will sometimes get a bit physical, because all his brothers know he won't break like he might have as a child. Then there was still his father.

Arthur sighed, looking at the ground, before shaking hi head. He should be thinking about his father, after all everyone who seemed to care enough about the fact he was alive were all around him. "We best get ready for dinner." Arthur said with a grin.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum