Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Town is Big Enough...

2 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

This Town is Big Enough... - Page 18 Empty Re: This Town is Big Enough...

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:22 pm

By the time Alfred reached the safe house, Matthew was waiting at the front with a slight frown on his face. Well at least it was better than an angry Englishman yelling at him for being gone as long as he had without telling anyone where he was. Still, Alfred kept his face sheepish as he walked up, fully prepared for the soft wack to the back of the head he received. “I didn’t mean to be gone so long.” He admitted, rubbing his scalp lightly. Matthew simply rolled his eyes and pulled him into the house, muttering something about absent-minded brothers. Alfred couldn’t help but laugh a little as he sat down to pull off his shoes. “Yeah yeah, I know. I’m a terrible person. Where’s Artie? I thought he would be waiting around to beat me over the head with something for running out like that.”

“He went out to go looking for you.” Alfred paused, now growing a bit worried himself. What if Katyush’s guards caught sight of Arthur walking around. Would they wait to ask questions or would they kill on sight? Panicked by that though, Alfred stood up and was preparing to put his boots on again when Matthew stopped him. “He hasn’t been gone long Al, relax. Just give him a few minutes and I’m sure he’ll be back before you know it.” The tone in his brother’s voice made it very clear that he didn’t want him leaving again. With great reluctance, the young American sat back down with a heavy sigh. Hopefully Matthew was right and Arthur would be back shortly. There should be nothing to worry about. After all, Arthur was smart, he could take care of himself if needed. Still, Alfred couldn’t help but glance worriedly out the window every few seconds.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:29 am

Arthur was extra careful as he walked back to the save house and past the inn where the carriage had once been with some of Ivan's men. He tired not to seem overly on edge as he walked by, because that would surely be a red flag to someone. However he didn't want to break into a run either, because that would get some people's attention seeing as how he was running towards the doctor's house like a madman. So he walked at a study pace and kept his green eyes fixed ahead of him, and he was probably too stiff for someone to be walking without much thought. The Englishman reached the house without anyone actually acknowledging the fact that they saw him, however Ivan's men were out of sight when he walked by, didn't mean they still couldn't see him where ever they were. He really wished they weren't at Matthew's home, because he was clearly going to have make up an excuse to leave and go in the back door.

When he walked in the door he was happy to discover that no one was in need of a doctor or any form of the profession. He took his hat off and slipped his boots off. Not noticing the other pair, he was too busy trying to get in the house completely unnoticed by anyone who might possible turn him into Ivan. "I'm back," He sighed as he entered the house.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 am

Alfred’s ears perked up when he heard the front door open. He eagerly jumped to his feet and rushed out of the sitting room just as Arthur announced his presence. “Artie!” The young American raced forward and wrapped his arms rightly around the other mans thin form, holding him close. Oh good - he had been worried that with him wondering around, he could have caught the attention of Katyusha’s guards and had gotten hurt…or worse. But here he was, safe and sound and Alfred could not have been happier. Unable to help himself, he pressed a kiss against his forehead before pulling away, still wearing a happy grin on his face.

“I was worried you had gotten lost or something!” He said with a laugh, looping his arm around Arthur’s waist, leading him back into the sitting room. Matthew looked up from the couch (he was just getting ready to depart from the looks of it - his black doctors bag was sitting beside him) and offered Arthur a small smile, as if to apologize for his brothers exuberant behavior. Francis had disappeared upstairs, but he would probably be down shortly to cause more irritation for the small group. But for the moment, Alfred didn’t care. He plopped down on the couch and pulled Arthur down in the seat beside him, cuddling him happily. Hopefully he wouldn’t press him as to why he himself had been gone so long. That was a conversation he didn’t particularly want to have considering how dangerous his actions could have been.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 pm

The Englishman really should grow use to the young sheriff barreling down a hall and scooping him up, or at least embracing him tightly. For some reason he can't though and he stiffened slightly before relaxing. Alfred was safe and back home, Arthur didn't have to worry any more about Ivan's men finding him at taking him way. It was clear the men were not looking for them, but if they had run into one of them, who knew what would happen. "I'm fine Alfred, it's a small town." He said easily patting him on the side of the arm. He let Alfred lead him to the sitting room. He gave Matthew a small smile just before he left and Alfred pulled him down onto the couch next to him.

Arthur sighed a bit, but let Alfred cuddle him to his hearts content. "I was more worried about you, you were gone for a while." Arthur said lightly, "What were you doing anyway?"
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Although it was clear that cuddling (at least not in public) was not exactly what was on the Englishman’s agenda, he did not pull away. Instead he humored him - a fact that Alfred took full advantage of. He happily nuzzled into Arthur’s hair, placing light kisses against his crown. He only slowed his displays of affection when Arthur asked him the dreaded question. The American inwardly winced, but tried to keep his body from appearing too tense for fear that his lie would be too obvious. He hated having to lie - it went against every moral code he had. But in this case, he felt it was necessary. If Arthur knew the truth about what he was doing, he would have them pack up and leave now and he would never get the opportunity to meet with Ivan. Although he was still a bit terrified of the Russian man, he needed to try and save him. It was the best thing for all of them.

“I was just walking around, taking in the sights. Some little kid got tangled up roping,” He said with a smile, thinking back to his adventures with the youngest Kirkland child. Hey, it could happen. “So I stopped and helped out. Sorry for being gone so long. I really didn’t mean to cause any trouble.” Hoping that his lie wasn’t too obvious, Alfred leaned forward again to steal another kiss. Matthew made a light noise from behind him and stood up, dusting off his trouser legs. “I have a patient to look after. You two are free to do whatever. The house is yours.” The doctor nodded to them both and walked out the door, leaving the house in an easy silence. Alfred kept his arms wrapped lightly around the British man, hoping his blatant affection would keep him from questioning any further. Or worse, catching the lie he had told.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 pm

A kid got tangled in rope? Arthur thought as Alfred attempted to steal a kiss after his statement. Arthur rolled his eyes, rather glad Matthew interrupted him so his thought's could be washed away by Alfred's lips. Arthur wait a while before he spoke up again. "Alfred, seriously." Arthur said crossing his arms and pouting slightly. He had let Alfred get away with one lie, and this was to out there. "We have to be careful now. Some of Ivan's men are in town, they're not looking for us but still." Arthur said firmly. Alfred needed to be careful, Arthur knew he still wasn't what he use to be before he was captured. Sure Arthur could make a peaceful switch with the men, but he feared Alfred would intervene too much if he had too.

He groaned a bit, he really didn't want to talk about such a thing when it was easier to slip into relaxing or pushing Alfred to train. He missed the way Alfred was before everything had happened. He still wanted Alfred to answer the question first however.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Alfred visibly cringed. Ah damn, why did Arthur have to be so good at seeing through his lies? He didn’t want to have to go into the full long explanation as to what he had been doing and why - especially considering the fact that Arthur might fly off the handle if he owned up to the stunt he pulled. So, he decided to play off Arthur’s accusation as a joke and skirt around the real issue at hand. Yes, that would work like a charm. “I know, I almost didn‘t believe it myself! It’s crazy what kid’s get into these days!” He said with a laugh, turning away slightly least Arthur’s accusing pout cause him to spill the truth. He continued to laugh nervously at the mention of Ivan’s men being in town, keeping his gaze directed towards the wall just behind the staircase. “Really? I had no idea they were here. I mean it’s not like I saw them out the window with Katyusha or something! That’s just silly Arthur.”

Why the hell couldn’t he just keep his mouth shut? He really did have a problem with blurting out anything that happened to cross his mind, especially when he was feeling guilty about something! Already foreseeing Arthur’s inevitable further, more pressing questioning, the American slid back with a nervous laugh and searched around frantically for a new topic to keep his mouth running to avoid letting anything else important slip. “I wonder if Mattie likes it around here. He seems to like it. Well, he seems to be doing well anyway. I wonder what Francis does all the time when Mattie is gone. It would be kind of boring for him to just sit around, waiting for his boyfriend to get home. Especially since he’s used to robbing trains and stuff. What do you think? Well you used to rob trains too, but you don’t wait around for me to get home or anything. No not at all!” Alfred laughed and kept on rambling about nothing, hoping that his constant flow of speech would keep Arthur from butting in and forcing him to answer his previous question directly. It was a long shot, but it was the only one he had.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:34 am

Arthur started at Alfred with wide eyes. The boy was a horrible liar and his clear nervous ramblings were not helping him. "Alfred!" He snapped rather shocked. Arthur didn't know who Katyusha was, but he was rather happy it wasn't Ivan. On of the men was one of Ivan's top, well at least that's what the man had told him. Still he had now clue who she was, had heard Ivan had sisters, and there was indeed a crazy one and one had a rather nice set (according to some people, Arthur didn't really know), however he didn't know their names, or if Katyusha was even related to Ivan at all and she could just be ten times more dangerous.

"What the blood hell did you do?!" Arthur said attempting not to sound too enraged. He was trying not to lose it either. He had to remind himself that Alfred seemed to just act a lot and not really think things through. It was something he rather liked about Alfred and hated as well. Arthur quickly covered his mouth with his hand, after all his questions seemed to be lost to the ramblings. "I don't care what the bloody hell Francis does in his spare time." He said sharply. "I want to know what in the world you were doing for so long." Arthur glared at the American harshly, he wanted to know and he would do anything to get it out of him.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 am

Alfred was forced to stop his nervous ramblings when a hand slapped over his mouth. The harsh tone in Arthur’s voice combined with his practically venomous glare sent shivers down his spine. For that brief second, he caught a glimpse of the hardened criminal that Arthur used to be - and it was terrifying. The question hung heavily in the air for a long moment as Alfred tried to calm his nerves. He hated having to lie - especially to someone whom he cared about so deeply. But he honestly believed it was safer this way. If he had owned up to willingly exposing himself to Ivan’s older sister, Arthur might act drastically in order to keep him safe. He didn’t want Arthur to put his life in danger for any reason, not when he could save them all. Still, from the look in the Englishman’s emerald eyes, he needed to own up or face the consequences.

Alfred pulled Arthur’s hand away from his mouth, his lips pressed together in a thin line as he tried to find the proper words to explain why he had done what he had done. “I went to talk to Katyusha. She was always nice to me when I was a kid, and I figured she could give me some idea of how to talk with Ivan.” Alfred reached forward, gripping Arthur’s hands lightly to keep him from immediately slapping him or something. If he wanted to know the truth, than he might as well at least hear him out completely. His plan could work - he knew it could. “She wants to help. She hates what her brother has become, and she wants us to help. We can do it, we can save him. I know we can Arthur.” He looked at the other man, his blue eyes shining with such earnest and confidence. This plan may have seemed far-fetched before, but talking with Katyusha had given him the assurance he needed. The Vanya he had once known was still there somewhere and if he played his cards right, he could bring him out and stop any more unnecessary violence or pain. “Please believe me. I can do this Arthur.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:41 am

Arthur kept glaring at the American as he talked and it only hardened as he processed what the American was saying. The Englishman didn't doubt that fact that Alfred could make the worst of the worst good again. That was probably something Alfred could do with hardly trying, especially if they were old friends. However he was mad at the fact that Alfred confronted this Katyusha who was sounding more and more like one of Ivan's sister. Arthur figured she wasn't the crazy one he had heard about, it seemed she always did what Ivan asked of her, and Arthur was sure Alfred would be somewhere on her to-do list. However Arthur didn't know much about the other, the one with the big set, no one really seemed to know much about her.

He took a calming breath before talking. "I don't think you can't change Ivan, Alfred." Arthur said easily. "I just want to know what the bloody hell you were thinking!?" Arthur's anger started to bubble up and he tugged a bit in Alfred's hold so he could at least try to whack him as best he could. "Did you even think? What if one of her guards had seen you?" Arthur questioned though he was sure if it was the man he recognized he would have dragged Alfred back to him and let it be. Of course that would have been if he had been the only one to see Alfred. He took another breath to calm himself. "I'm glad she wants to help us, but seriously Alfred."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 am

Alfred tightened his grip marginally on Arthur’s wrist to keep him from downright smacking him for his stupidity. His reaction had been exactly what he had though it would be - anger combined with worry. A deadly combination when anger for Arthur meant violence and a few well placed smacks to the head. “I was careful! I promise! I made sure to stay out of sight of her guards. Nobody saw me.” He tried to look reassuring, because honestly, as far as he knew, he spoke the truth. Because of their location, no one expected for him or Arthur to be hiding out here, so all he had to do was not attract attention to himself. And considering the fact that he all but handed himself over on a silver platter (if his conversation with Katyusha had not gone quite the way he had anticipated) he would say he did a pretty decent job of doing just that.

Once he saw that Arthur was at least trying to keep himself calm, he slowly released his wrists. “I’m sorry for not being honest with your right away, but you would have gotten mad at me! Well, you got mad at me anyway, but yeah…” He smiled sheepishly and tilted his head down, exposing his crown like he used to do as a child when he knew he had done wrong. “You can hit me if you really want. I kind of do deserve it.” He closed his eyes and tensed a bit for the blow he knew was going to come. Oh well, if he could appeal to Arthur enough by admitting his mistake, maybe he would let him carry out his plan. After all, he had admitted that he could change Ivan and he didn’t even seem too worried about Katyusha’s involvement. Maybe things were starting to look up after all!
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:40 am

Try as he might, Arthur couldn't bring himself to hit Alfred, at least not when he was asking for it because he knew that that was what Arthur wanted to do. Peter had done it too him a lot when he knew he had done something that would make Arthur snap at him. Arthur felt he couldn't punish the other with pain if they were guilt and knew he was going to do something to them. The Englishman sighed. For what Alfred said it sounded like he had played it rather safe. Of course they wouldn't know how safe it actually was until Katyusha and the men left town for where they were going and no one came knocking on Matthew's door looking for them. There wasn't anything they could really do till that time came, just in fact play it extra safe. Besides Katyusha could have had him to hand over to Ivan, and she had done nothing other that talk with Alfred.

"I'm not going to hit you." Arthur said as gently as he could. He would probably whack him eventually when the American stopped looking so guilty for what he did. "Just tell me next time you're thinking about doing something so impulsive." He had been genially worried about the American when he took forever to come back. He would rather not have to rip the west apart to find Alfred again.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:02 pm

When Arthur’s voice turned gentle, he tilted his head up and offered him a small smile. It looked like he had dodged the bullet this time at least. Well, Arthur no longer was glaring at him with his usual ‘why are you such a moron’? expression, and he didn’t appear to be lying about not hitting him, so that came as a relief. Once he was assured of his safety once more, Alfred straightened up and flashed the Brit a brilliant smile. “I’ll try, but can’t promise anything.” He knew himself better than that to assume that he would suddenly start to rationalize before acting - that just wasn’t his way. If he stopped to consider every little detail, than he would never get anything done. But to appease Arthur, he would try his best not to jump head first into a dangerous situation. Especially after all the effort Arthur put in to free him.

A bit more hesitantly than before, Alfred slid forward and pulled the smaller man into his arms. Wearing his best pout, he leaned in closer and caught Arthur’s chin with the pad of his finger. “You aren’t too upset with me, are you Artie?” He tried his best to imitate a kicked puppy, hoping to play up on Arthur’s sympathy so he wouldn’t deny him cuddles or affection due to his rash actions. “I’ll be a good boy from now on, I promise.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Arthur figured that was the best he was going to get out of Alfred, because he was sure he would do something stupid at some point in time. He wasn't asking Alfred to promise anything, but to at least consult him before he did anything reckless. He couldn't stay mad at Alfred long, especially when he pulled him in his arms again and gave a look that was just asking for pity. Arthur sighed, he hated giving into such faces, but he couldn't help but do it with Alfred. He sighed, "Disappointed, not upset." He gave Alfred a quick glance before turning his eyes away, Alfred was not helping him in the least. "If I remember correctly, I'm the criminal who should be acting good." Arthur teased lightly.

He cuddled into Alfred for a bit, happy he was completely unharmed and safe. He buried his face in the American's neck and took a deep breath of his smell. He would never get tired of that smell of the man. "Alfred," He said after a while, "maybe we should try to get you..." Arthur paused to think of the right words, "back in shape?" He was unsure of the words as he spoke them, but they were the only thing that had immediately come to mind that fit with the sentence.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Alfred fought back a triumphant smile when Arthur conceded, his anger fading away in favor of ridding the American of his guild ridden expression. Even as a child, no one could resist the power of his kicked puppy expression and he was pleased to see that even in his adult years, the effect was still the same. At Arthur statement, he simply laughed and placed a kiss against his cheek. “Hey, even sheriff’s mess up sometimes. It’s the job of their most trusted partners to keep them in line,” Alfred teased back, pulling the Englishman closer as he pressed against him.

Alfred leaned back against the couch, content with holding Arthur in his arms for the rest of the day. His eyes drifted shut and although he was no where near close to slumber, he was oddly comfortable with the warm pressure of the Brits form resting against him. His meditation was disturbed when he heard Arthur call for his attention. “Hmm?” At first, he wasn’t quite sure what he was referring to. Back in shape? He wasn’t fat or anything, was he? No, he was still getting over the malnourishment he had suffered over the passed few months, how on earth could he be fat? Than, suddenly, it all clicked.

“Oh!” The American pulled back and looked over his body, taking note of everything that had changed. He was still a bit too thin and there were vague remnants of what used to be powerful muscles. Plus if he had to guess, his sharp-shooting skills were not quite so precise as when he meet Arthur all those months ago. Alfred face went pink when he realized how unattractive and weak he must have looked. God why hadn’t Arthur said anything earlier?! He knew he didn’t look so hot, but he was this bad? “I guess you’re right. I didn’t even think about that!” Immediately he dropped to the floor and began doing push-ups, struggling a bit more than he would have liked. Had it really been so long since he had done this?

He cursed and strained his muscles, beginning to get a bit of rhythm in his motions. Thankfully he hadn’t totally lost all of his strength, so he wasn’t back at square one. “I wonder if Mattie can get me some pistols or something. Mine got taken away when they arrested me.” He said with a groan, pushing up against the wood paneling with perfect form at least. As long as he kept at it, he would be back to his former condition in no time! Well, hopefully in no time at all. He really didn’t want to disappoint Arthur now that his formerly perfect body was all pale and scrawny. No wonder he was embarrassed to be cuddled by him!
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Arthur blinked at Alfred when he suddenly pulled away and started doing push ups on the floor. He had not expected such an immediate reaction. Arthur had never really seen anyone work out, especially with such determination. The former thief could see he was struggling. He sighed and got up from the couch and placed a hand on Alfred's shoulder. "Don't over do it," he said gently as he squatted beside the blue eyed man. He knew Alfred wasn't back to the stamina he use to have, and Arthur was fine with that, he clearly understood, he just didn't expect such a reaction.

It somewhat made him wonder if he selected the right words. He hadn't meant anything hurtful by them, and he wasn't sure if Alfred had taken them as hurtful words and wanted to prove him wrong.

"I'm sure Francis has a bit of a collection, he's always seems to have a new one every time I see him." Arthur said, as he straightened up. Arthur himself had one pistol, it was the one he had always carried around them him since he started stealing. "I can ask him, if you want. However if we practice you're shooting a bit away from the town." Arthur said thoughtfully, "shots would alert the town was something was wrong and it's best they don't know where here."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 am

At Arthur’s concern, he tilted his head up and offered him a happy smile, but did not stop his movements. “I won’t,” He promised lightly before turning back to face the ground. In order to appease Arthur, he stopped his quick, somewhat strained motions to a more fluid and slow set of push-ups. Although he was still struggling slightly, he found comfort in being able to work his body in the somewhat dull-repetitious way. At least with working out, he knew exactly what to expect. At one point, he was entirely confident in how much strain his body could take, but the long months of captivity had deprived him of much movement. There was something kind of relieving about rediscovering his own strength all on his own.

Alfred smiled lightly to himself, feeling proud that his actions had already started a dull, but satisfactory burning within his bicep muscles. Resting had been nice, but he needed to feel his body being worked to his limits again. There was nothing more satisfying than building up his own power.

The sound of Arthur’s voice broke him out of his meditative state. “That would be great Artie. I really need to start practicing again,” He said with a slight laugh. Alfred halted his movements for a second, sat up and stripped off his shirt. He tossed it off to the side in a careless sort of fashion, finding it a hindrance to his movements. Than, when he was satisfied again, he allowed his weight to be supported by his biceps again - slowly working to feel that burning satisfaction within the newly awakened muscles. He smiled to himself and continued to work, his former anticipation and hyperactive behavior fading away into cool intensity. This is where he felt the most in control, so it stood to reason that he could lose himself a bit as he worked. Strange as it may have seemed, this is where his mind was the most at peace.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 am

Arthur watched Alfred for a little bit, trying to make sure he didn't over do it. The American had slowed his pace and he had really faltered in his work out yet. Besides if something did happen to Alfred, Arthur was sure he could care for him enough so Matthew could get back and tend to him. Arthur walked over and picked up the discarded shirt from the floor. He folded it and set it on the couch before turning to the stairs. He figured the lest he could do was figured out where Francis kept his guns, with Matthew and Alfred being twins, it might be a good idea that Francis kept some guns in the house. Arthur walked up the stairs and too Francis' and Matthew's room, politely knocking on the door. He knew Francis usually tried to sleep if he was rudely awakened by Arthur and done what he had asked.

The Englishman heard tired stomping to the door, and Francis tore it open and gave him a bored expression that was missed with an annoyed on. Arthur grinned, "Where are you guns?" He asked as overly pleasantly as he could to annoy the man more. Francis looked at him funny. "Alfred needs to work on his aim, and he likes using two pistols, I only have one."

"I hide them in Matthieu's liquor cabinet." Francis said with a sigh, and Arthur blinked at him, silently demanding directions. "The cabinet in the sitting room, now can I go to sleep without interruptions this time."

"Can't promise anything," Arthur said with a smirk and small salute to the Frenchman as he parted and headed back down stairs.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 am

Alfred didn’t stop his movements when Arthur left the room - figuring that he was going to ask Francis about getting him a few guns for him to practice his aim. With no outside distractions pulling his attention, he was able to focus entirely on working his body to it’s limits. Arthur may not like the idea of him pushing himself, but in order to get back to the kind of strength he had before, it was necessary. Alfred breathed deeply, sweat forming along his brow as he worked. When the throbbing in his biceps became too intense to handle, he switched over from push-ups, to curl ups.

Silently he counted his progress in his head, comparing it to his earlier abilities. He was thankful that he managed to retain at least some of his strength at least - otherwise getting back into working out would be a lot more painful than this. But his body seemed to be relieved to feel it’s muscles working again, much to his satisfaction.

Alfred could hear Arthur walking down the steps, and he slowed his pace to offer him a smile as he came into view. “I doubt Mattie has any weights or anything around here. You should come over and let me lift you instead,” He teased. Well, mostly teased. He really did need to find some sort of bar or a couple of weights to work up strength in his arms. Before it had been manual labor which had gave him his incredible power, but he kind of doubted there would be much of an opportunity to go that route again - so he opted for the more stable option of weights. If he could find any that is.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 am

Arthur was somewhat minding his own business as he came down the stairs and walked into the sitting rooming and over to the cabinet. He was not expecting Alfred to say anything to him, much less ask him to be his weights. He turned wildly at the sound of his voice staring wide eyed at him. Did he honestly think he was that light? Arthur knew he was thin and smaller than most men, but he never though of himself as a workout tool. Sure he had seen men lift women in saloons to show off their strong. Arthur was surely not the weight of a woman who was waved up and down int he air with ease. Did Alfred think of him as that light? Arthur wasn't even sure if he should take it as a complement or an insult (seeing as how the American seemed to be teasing). Arthur turned back quickly, with a small blush, it had always seemed rather thrilling to have it done to.

He attempted to open the cabinet door and look like he was listening (he hoped he's shocked reaction would be forgotten). Of course the cabinet was locked and Arthur raddled the cabinet carefully, as he heard the drinks rattling around. Of course it would be locked, guns and liquor was just a deadly combination. Matthew probably hid the key or had the key on him, and of course Francis wouldn't say anything. He groaned quickly looking around the cabinet for a key so he could continue attempting to act like he was too caught up in his own thoughts to hear the American, but he knew it was failing.

"I'm too heavy," he said after a while of looking for the key and finding it fruitless he was probably going to have to ask Matthew. "You honestly can't fine some fallen tree or something to tot around?"
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Honestly, Alfred had been teasing about using the British man as his own personal weight system, but the reaction he got for his suggestion was far too cute to ignore. Suddenly working out didn’t seem quite so appealing any more now that Artie had decided to let it slip that maybe, he secretly liked the idea. The American sat up, watching as the Brit tried to force open the obviously locked cabinet door, his usual mischievous grin spreading slowly across his face. After giving up on getting the cabinet open, Arthur finally spoke again to address his previously teasing statement. Alfred laughed and pushed himself off against the ground, stepping closer to the Brit. “Well I would, but seeing as we’re in the desert, there aren’t too many trees around for me to choose from. Besides,” He stepped behind Arthur and slid his arms around his thin form, pulling him close, whispering in his ear. “You’re the prefect size.”

Alfred pressed light, butterfly kisses against the exposed skin of Arthur’s neck and shoulder, all the while running his fingertips along his sides. Maybe he wasn’t playing fair, but Arthur was far too cute when he’s was acting all nervous and flustered. Really all he had wanted to do was see his ears turn red again (well, and maybe steal a few kisses here and there). After a few moments, Alfred pulled back slightly, bringing Arthur’s hand up to touch his bicep. It wasn’t quite so impressive as it had used to be, but compared to the (admittedly smaller male), it was clear that he had strength. “I can keep you nice and safe, don’t worry.” He said with a grin, flexing his muscles with his usual, cocksure manner.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 pm

"Find a rock then," Arthur snapped not sparing Alfred a glance as he glared at the cabinet for being locked and Francis not telling him where the key might be. Suddenly arms wrapped around him form behind him, causing him to let out a surprised yelp. Arthur shivered with pleasure at the sound of Alfred's voice so close to he ear, and the air he gave off as he talked brushing against the lope. He blushed at what he said as well. He was honestly at a lost for words, and some struggled to make even a sound. Alfred kissing his neck only cause his blush to spread more.

"Alfred..." Arthur attempted to say something, but found himself turned around and his hand on one of Alfred's biceps. They weren't as built as they use to have been according to Arthur's finger tips, but the Englishman was somewhat fine with that. He scrunched his noise a bit at Alfred moving his muscle to show off. Arthur did enjoy feeling muscles move, but he liked it when it was more natural. Gently he took his hand back and gave a small grin at the American. "I...fine, but drop me once and that's it!" Arthur warned.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:07 pm

When Arthur conceded to his wishes, Alfred couldn’t help but grin happily. It was cute when Arthur acted like he was doing this solely to appease the American. But from the cute flush on the older man’s cheeks, he may have liked the idea a little more than he was letting on. “I promise I won’t drop you,” He said, pulling lightly on Arthur’s wrist back towards the sitting room from before. Now all there was left to do was figure out how to actually bench press the other without hurting himself or Arthur in the process. Hmm… probably should have thought of that sometime before he decided to ask Arthur to be his weights. Oh well, too late now.

“Here, I’ll lay down on the ground like this,” Alfred said, laying facing away from the couch. Once he was sure that he was steady, he raised both arms in ninety degree angles. “Now you, step into my hands and I’ll raise you like that. Easy right?” It would be a little difficult to maneuver Arthur up (especially if he was worried about falling back and squirming around), but that’s why he positioned himself by the couch. “And if you want some extra support, go ahead and rest your hands against the couch to steady yourself.” Alfred smiled and wiggled his fingers, inviting Arthur to step into his hands at any time. “Go ahead, I won’t drop you,” He promised again with an easy smile.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 am

Arthur bit his lips as he saw the American get in position. Surely he was too heavy for the American to handle, well at least right away. Alfred had lifted him with ease before, but then he had been lighter, fresh of the road and light meals. However he was still thinner than when he came to America in the first place. He had eaten more than he was use to, due to his mother nagging him about how thin he was and how he would fall ill and never recover. So he had eaten a bit more than he was use to please her, so he was heavier than before. "Alfred, I really think you should use something else first." Arthur said, he was concerned that he would hurt Alfred more than himself.

Of course, the Englishman couldn't find anything to replace him what wasn't far too light, or far too heavy. He groaned before he walked over to where the American was laying. He lifted his left foot and put it on Alfred's right hand. He waited till he felt Alfred had a secure hold before he supported himself on the couch to lift up his other foot.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:31 am

He could clearly read the concern on Arthur’s face, not for his own safety, but for the American who would be attempting to lift him. Alfred tried to be reassuring, but he understood why he would be concerned. It wasn’t as if he had much of an opportunity to do anything of this nature while he was in custody and while he was completely confident that he could have handled Arthur’s weight no problem before, in his current state, he wasn’t so sure. But he needed to do something, otherwise he would never get back to the way he was before! If he was going to become strong enough to protect Arthur, he needed to do this. “I can do it, don’t worry Artie,” He said again, smiling happily as the other man finally stepped into one of his hands.

Alfred tightened his grip (careful not to hurt Arthur) and tensed his arm, waiting to take the other foot when the Brit transferred all his weight onto him. After a second or so, Arthur stepped into his other hand. Tightening his entire body, Alfred managed to grasp his thin foot and keep the other man relatively steady (although the couch obviously helped). Now that he was actually supporting the entirety of Arthur’s weight, he began to realize that perhaps the green-eyed male had been right to be concern. He hadn’t even begun to move and already his body was straining just to keep his arms locked in a ninety degree angle. Alfred bit his lip and slowly allowed his arms to lower, halting just before his skin touched the ground. He huffed a bit, sweat building up along his face in chest. “This should not be this hard,” He whispered breathlessly to himself.

With shaking arms, he pushed Arthur back up slightly, groaning at the strain it caused on his muscles. But he couldn’t stop - he couldn’t. He needed to be stronger. He needed to be able to keep Arthur safe in case somebody ever tried to hurt him again. Determination flashed within his clear blue eyes and he tightened his body even more. Much like with the push-ups, his movements were slow but precise. He kept working until his arms felt like jelly and his skin was completely covered in a light sheen of sweat. Only than did he lower his arms and flash Arthur a tired smile. “I think that’s good for today. Thanks Arthur.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum