Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

2 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Page 17 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

“You did?” Arthur sounded too hopeful for his liking. “Ahem, I mean… of course. Then we shall have to do some more of it.” He slid his eyes away from the American. “Perhaps in a more private place, hm?” he gave Alfred’s knee one final squeeze suggestively before pulling away. He adjusted his suit, acting as though he hadn’t said anything out of the ordinary at all – it was the flustered look on his face that face it away. He felt like some teenage school girl, which was not a nice feeling. Particularly not for a twenty-seven-year-old man.

Hopefully, if they did end up in the sack that evening, Arthur wouldn’t feel such obnoxious butterflies in his stomach. It was rather off-putting but perhaps it would serve as a distraction until the pain melted away? Why was he thinking about this, again?

Fucking attractive American, it was entirely his fault.

“I’ll have to teach you,” he rolled his eyes. “You can’t go to any of the Christmas balls without being able to waltz, lad.” He had a horrible feeling that for the sake of protecting their jobs, he was going to have to watch Alfred dance with someone else. It seemed very probable that it would happen. Well, he would just have to teach him to lead rather than insist on being the lead for once. He hadn’t ever waltzed with another man before, but he was pretty sure that it would be rather difficult. Men, after all, were not as lithe as women and probably would be unable to move with such ease. The thought of leading Alfred, muscles and all, across the ball was quite an amusing thought. Almost as amusing as the idea of Arthur ever being able to master Swing dancing.

At the flash of Alfred’s whiter than white teeth, he cocked an eyebrow. His somewhat patronising tone made him roll his eyes, smile never leaving his face until Alfred called him beautiful and kissed his knuckles. He tensed visibly and snatched his hand away, clutching it to his chest with a scowl. They might have been joking, but he didn’t want to be treated as though he was some sort of…

“I need another drink. I’ll be back,” he rose from his chair and swiftly went to the bar, ordering his second whiskey of the night.

Arthur didn’t leave him alone for too long, returning with his drink in hand (which he’d already drunk a quarter of). He sat back down in his seat. “Are you sure that you don’t want anything to drink?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Page 17 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Alfred laughed a bit as he nodded slightly, humming in agreement with the other. "Of course I did." Why would the other doubt it? Especially after all that happened that night. It would have been hard to believe that he ever disliked it despite the awkwardness that came the morning after. They did get together in the end though, right? So it wasn't all that bad of a decision on his part to get drunk with the man and then sleep with him that night. At least they weren't jumping on each other for sex every day and every waking moment. They were able to enjoy a date without any of that like they demonstrated on Monday night.

Yet still....

The American simply nodded, smiling a bit as he still looked a bit flustered. "Yeah...in a more private place." He agreed. He had to admit that he wasn't way too keen on doing a lot of that stuff in public again, especially after Arthur's scare during the movies. He didn't want another repeat of that. That would be absolutely horrid because in the end, all Alfred wanted was for Arthur to enjoy himself on the date.

Alfred felt his own anxieties building up in him yet who could blame him? This would possibly be his first time with another man if the night went well and even though he slept with Arthur before, he didn't know just how far their next passionate interaction would go. It could go very far indeed and despite everything, the younger man felt that he wasn't too terribly scared about this aspect of his 'virginity'.

Raising his eyebrows, Alfred laughed a bit at the mention of Christmas balls. "I've never really attended a Christmas ball but I think it wouldn't be all that bad." He admitted. Truthfully, he enjoyed much more elaborate parties and all the like but he could spend his time at a Christmas ball for one Christmas and try things out. After all, he was all for change! "But I hope you don't mind teaching me. I might accidentally step on your feet." He teased with a wide grin. Despite Arthur never waltzing with another man before, he definitely held a lot more experience than Alfred himself who had actually never even attempted waltzing.

Yet that was a beauty to their relationship. They both had aspects about themselves that they could teach the other and where they could learn together and enjoy. In the end, that is what counted.

What really took Alfred by surprise though was when Arthur suddenly snatched his hand away and he couldn't help but frown. "Arthur...?" He questioned softly as the other rose from his chair and went to the bar. He just shifted around awkwardly before glancing away, swallowing thickly before giving a small smile to Arthur.

"Nah...I'm fine." He wanted to be sober at the very least unlike last time...though it seemed as if the other was now ready to get rather drunk. Did he really do something wrong? It wasn't as if he was joking. Maybe he was taking it a bit more playfully but other than that, he really was trying to woo the other. Though maybe he should leave those attempts behind, he obviously wasn't all that good at it. Alfred gave a small, apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry about...what I did. I didn't mean to offend." Alfred scratched his cheek sheepishly. "I guess American attempts to woo don't work all that well..." He didn't want to be so pessimistic but with how quickly the other pulled away, he couldn't help but feel as if he offended the other though he really didn't mean to. It made him feel a bit insecure about himself though he knew that he should know better than that. In the end, he just wanted Arthur to have fun in their date and not feel uncomfortable.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:08 am

It wasn’t that Arthur didn’t want to be wooed, or touched or anything of the sort – he just couldn’t bear to see those cerulean eyes gaze up at him with such affection. It made Arthur’s chest feel tight, as though he couldn’t breathe. He had never known such affection before, at least not in the first week of dating. God, how it felt so much longer than a week. How could Alfred look at him with such intensity, even whilst joking around.

Oh, and of course Arthur didn’t want to attract the attention of other bystanders in the room. And not to be treated in a manner that he considered to be patronising.

Arthur gave the other a long look and then frowned into his glass. He silently cursed himself for being so brash and unkind to the American. He looked as though he’d been kicked and beaten and then left outside in the pouring rain. The Brit was quiet for a while, angry with himself for having ruined the fun that they were having by being hypersensitive. Knowing himself, he knew that there would have only been one of two outcomes for that situation; he could have pulled away like he had done or otherwise he would have only gotten genuinely irritated.

He’d never experienced a relationship where someone, even when mocking him, would be gentle and he had certainly never seen his parents being affectionate towards one another. His father had, had numerous affairs and he was sure that his mother didn’t have a clean slate either.

“U-uh… no, no, it’s not you Alfred.” He cringed at how that sounded and moved anxiously in his seat. He held his drink to his lips, having not touched it yet. “I just… I’m not…” he sighed heavily. “You didn’t offend me,” he said, unable to make himself reach over to the American and smooth out the frown lines on Alfred’s face with affection and kisses which was what he knew that he should probably be doing.

“It isn’t you. I-I, um, I’m… forgive my rudeness, I didn’t mean to upset you.” When in doubt, revert to formality.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:23 am

Alfred could feel the anxiety build up in him while they were both silent and it was a bit awkward in a way. He really didn't want it to be like this...not between them. Especially when they were just having fun together not only a few minutes ago. He would just have to hope that Arthur wouldn't always be like this throughout their relationship and if he was, then Alfred would just have to stop...well...being so American in a way. That was horribly confusing but he just wanted them to have a good time in the end. That's what counted the most.

Yet despite this, he wasn't angry. Certainly he was a bit hurt and uncertain now but he definitely wasn't angry and he could understand the other. It must have been his background. Not everyone was raised from a good background such as himself with a lovely family and caring parents who always seemed to stay faithful to each other. Not everyone could come from that and while he certainly didn't know Arthur's background, he decided that he would leave that later for the other to tell him if he ever wanted to tell him.

Though he had to admit that it certainly felt a lot longer than a week that they had been dating. It was rather silly to actually say that, from an outsider's perspective but in his shoes, he really couldn't help but think so. Alfred also couldn't help but wonder if Arthur was the exact same way...if he thought the exact same things. Yet Alfred was simply a passionate man yet despite everything...he knew that he didn't treat all of his dates the same way. There was just something special about Arthur.

Was it because he was a male? Maybe, maybe not. Though Alfred had a feeling that this really wasn't the case at all. There was just something about his boss that struck him as different, not physically nor even mentally nor even the fact that he was his boss. There was just a quality to him that made Alfred act the way he acted and he really couldn't help himself. Not when he was around the Englishman.

Despite everything though, Alfred tried his best to at least muster an honest smile and even though it was small, he still managed it. In the end, he just wanted Arthur to be comfortable and happy, even if it meant putting down his silly attempts at wooing. Did the other think he was joking when he said those things and did those actions? He hoped not because even though there was slight humour to it, that was just a characteristic to Alfred. Making situations a bit more lighthearted though not necessarily taking them lightly. It was just the kind of man he was, still very optimistic and young.

Yet in the end, Alfred didn't want Arthur to be angry with himself and so he quickly spoke up with his apology. Honestly, he was a bit surprised that the other had so quickly apologised even though he knew that he shouldn't be. After all, Arthur was a very formal man and in all honesty, he shouldn't have expected any less. So in the end, Alfred just smiled and lightly grabbed his hand, stroking it gently with his thumb as he squeezed it.

"Let's just have fun tonight, okay Arthur?" He reassured, cheeks slightly red though seeming more than ready to have a good time with Arthur. "I'm not upset. It was a misunderstanding." And in all honesty, he really wasn't upset. He doesn't think he could ever really be truly upset with Arthur for something as small as this.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 am

Arthur had been about to go on when Alfred took his hand and squeezed. He was too sweet. Far too sweet to be with someone as grouchy and emotionally up-and-down as Arthur was. He tried not to convey his own feelings with his eyes. He didn’t want to be upset, or angry, or in this awkward situation. He wanted to have fun, wanted to enjoy spending time with and seeing Alfred. He nodded slowly.

“That sounds good… really good.” He hesitated and then leaned across to Alfred, pressing a kiss to his cheek. “I want us to have fun. I do, really,” it sounded as though he was making a promise more than anything. That smile was enough to make Arthur do anything. He’d even surprised himself by how quick he was to admit that he was wrong. “I’m acting so childish,” he mumbled, mostly to himself. He returned the squeeze to Alfred’s hand and looked down at his whiskey. He knew that he should probably drink it before they danced anymore lest someone else did and he wasted his money.

“Let’s just talk about something else – I think that, that would be for the best… so,” he racked his brain for a conversation starter. “Your university degree, what was it again? Something really science-y and to do with rockets and space, yes? Tell me about that. Why did you chose to do something so… challenging?” he gave a small, tight smile.

It was to be noted that he allowed them to hold hands, in clear view of everyone else on the table.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 am

Alfred was happy that Arthur seemed willing to agree with him and just drop the subject so they could have a good time. Maybe they were both a bit in the wrong but either way, they were dropping that so they could have a good time tonight and hopefully continue on with that good time past the club. He definitely was sweet but he didn't really particularly see himself as sweeter than other people. It was just in his nature and honestly, though he liked having a sweet date, Arthur was just fine. He was unique and interesting and even though he was a bit grouchy and emotionally up-and-down, Alfred still loved his time with him.

If he didn't, then he wouldn't necessarily be dating him, now would he?

Though that didn't change the fact that when Arthur leant over to press a kiss to his cheek, Alfred was a bit flustered though deep inside, he was really happy. That the other could at least open up this much at the very least and show such a sign of affection. He quickly stole himself a kiss to Arthur's cheek back, grinning against the skin for a moment before pulling away again. It was a bit embarrassing but he decided not to say anything about it. Alfred just shook his head at the other's statement of 'acting childish' but didn't comment on it, instead still lightly rubbing the other's hand with his thumb.

Alfred nodded in agreement at the subject change though and he hummed, waiting for the other to bring up a topic. He was a bit surprised with the mention of his university degree and he smiled a bit. Despite everything, he knew it was a good idea to get to know each other more. They were on a date after all and it was an opportune moment to learn more about the man you were dating and honestly, he felt a bit glad that the other was so willing to learn a bit about him. That he actually was interested in learning more about him. It made him feel a bit giddy inside though he didn't particularly see himself as overwhelmingly exciting or at least his life.

"Well, I took aerospace engineering." He murmured, thinking about it and it was a bit of a shame that he wasn't able to put his degree to use so far. Though with the economy at the moment, it was hard to get any kind of ideal job but he was still adamant on finding something! Despite working as an assistant, he was still working on small projects on his own after work and during the weekends. "I did it because science has always been my strong suit." He explained with a grin and it was the truth, especially with how his eyes lit up with fascination just at the mere mention of the topic.

"It always came a lot more easily to me than other subjects like history and English and all that! I mean I'm not too bad at them but science and math are just what I was good at. I've always loved science and space and even as a kid, all I wanted to do was reach the stars." He laughed a bit. "But that's really unlikely nowadays with the space programme and all the like so I ended up going into aeronautical engineering instead."

Alfred paused for a moment before winking at the other. "Though despite everything, I'm glad that I had my job as an assistant. I got to meet you."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 am

Arthur also felt a little flustered as his kiss was returned.

He listened carefully as Alfred explained his choice of course and although he already knew some of it, it was nice just to listen anyway. He nodded when needed and took the time to take a sip from his whiskey. He was relieved to see that Alfred seemed to be relaxing again, slipping easily back into his cheerful demeanour. He was content to hold his hand so long as he could keep him smiling and laughing. It was important to Arthur.

He still felt as though Alfred was luck sunshine. He was warm and he was gentle; when he smiled the world was just a better place. He’d never known someone to be so addicting. Alfred was like the sun to Arthur’s… wilting flower. That sounded like a horrible innuendo. He took another drink and then spluttered, choking a little as he blushed. He put the glass down and looked across at Alfred.

“Don’t be daft. You hated me when we first met. You were upset about your previous boss leaving, like everyone else in the company.” He eyed his whiskey once again but painstakingly made sure not to touch it. He didn’t want to get drunk and ruin Alfred’s evening – that would be unfair. He shifted in his seat so that his body was facing Alfred’s. His own smile softened a little. “I’m glad to have met you too, Alfred.” He’d come through a series of event’s to get to this point but he wasn’t sure if Alfred really wanted to listen to it. He wouldn’t bring it up if Alfred didn’t ask, simple as.

“So, Alfred Jones can swing dance; likes coffee; eats obscene amounts of food in one sitting; listens to the Beatles but hasn’t ever listened to Blur or The Kinks; plays videogames; looks bloody good in a suit; reads comics; doesn’t read a lot and studied aerospace engineering,” all of which was said with a fond smile on his face. “I think I like him,” he mused.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:45 am

Alfred grinned when he saw the flush on Arthur's cheeks and even as he pulled away, he was still rather satisfied with the other's reaction.

While he was certain he had explained all of this to Arthur before, he didn't mind repeating himself again. Especially now that they were dating and his boss had more reason to be interested in him. Alfred was definitely more interested in learning about Arthur ever since they began dating though it must have just been the curiosity and wanting to explore their relationship even further since it was so very new. Alfred wouldn't necessarily have minded if Arthur continued on drinking the whiskey though in all reality, he preferred if the other was sober at least for their time together. If Arthur left for the night, then he wouldn't mind him drinking but other than that, he really found himself preferring that he didn't. Of course at least not getting wasted at the very least.

He wasn't going to prohibit him from actually drinking. He absolutely had no right to do that and he wasn't adamant on enforcing any of that. It didn't take long for Alfred to slip back into his cheerful demeanour though and it was almost as if the previous conversation never happened. Even though he was certain that both of them knew quite well to avoid the subject at the very least so they could have a good time for the rest of the night.

To Alfred, Arthur was a change that he needed and while he certainly couldn't compare him to sunlight or anything, he still made Alfred's chest warm when he thought about him and always made him smile as he thought about the cute reactions from the other and just their time spent together. Everything was worth it, Arthur's grumpiness and hesitancy was all worth it and in fact, those qualities about him made him unique and Alfred wouldn't change it for the world.

Alfred couldn't help but laugh though as the other choked a bit on his drink and he grinned even wider. He wasn't able to stop grinning in the slightest bit and he had a feeling that it wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

"Hey, hey! I wouldn't really say hate. Maybe a bit intimidated and a bit wary and kind of missing my old boss but I certainly wouldn't say hate!" Alfred paused for a moment before continuing. "Not only that but you turned out to be a lot better than my old boss." He murmured and while his old boss certainly had lovely qualities to him...he most definitely preferred Arthur. He didn't want another boss ever since he had Arthur and while the other was a bit strict at times, he still knew that they cared for each other.

"In more ways than one." He mentioned, casually flirting and it showed in the light of his eyes. Despite everything though, he was still a bit touched that the other had said that and actually went out to admit that he was glad to have met him as well. Though it was kind of a no brainer considering that they were currently in quite an romantic relationship despite the risks that they were carrying just having this kind of relationship.

Alfred listened to the other and he soon raised his eyebrows, flushing a bit as the other listed off his qualities. "And I think Alfred Jones likes you right back." He mentioned casually though did the other really pull that much from him already? It was kind of endearing...hell, Arthur could be quite endearing at times.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 am

Arthur touched his lips with the back of his free hand, trying to politely dab away the alcohol that had spilled from his lips. He tensed a little as Alfred flattered him, yet again. He quickly dropped the hand from his face and decided to take a different approach. He might as well enjoy the attention rather than shy away from it. He licked his lips, as though it was an innocent act (and it partially was) and smirked at Alfred.

“I’m glad you think so… it means that I must be doing something right,” he slowly forced himself to relax again. “I hope that you don’t treat all of your employers in the same way,” he joked, eyes twinkling a little with amusement. He leaned forward in his seat, tilting slightly more towards Alfred. He glanced back at the dancefloor briefly. Things seemed to have calmed slightly by this point.

“And so he should,” Arthur returned smoothly, chuckling quietly afterwards. He was pretty aware by this point that he knew a lot more about Alfred than the other did about himself. He wasn’t about to make it an issue. He didn’t want to be asked but in a way, he did. If Alfred didn’t ask him anything, it was either out of respect for his privacy or his blissful ignorance. Arthur wasn’t even sure how much he would tell Alfred if it got to his turn to answer questions. At university, it was quite amazing that he had ever achieved the grades that he got in the end. He could have put it down to his own sheer intelligence but somehow that seemed too self-indulgent.

Well… maybe only a little bit. He had always been pretty good academically. Always top of the class during his schooling years. He and his parents wouldn’t accept anything but the best out of his schoolwork which was probably why Arthur went so ‘wild’ at university; he was free to do what he wanted without the constraints of his parents or his whiny younger brother.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:29 am

Alfred was admittedly a bit surprised when the other seemed to not actually shy away from all the flattering and attention and instead actually enjoy it. It was definitely something he wasn't expecting but it wasn't a change that went unwelcome. Though he really wasn't expecting the smirk directed towards at him either but he just returned it, leaning a bit closer as his gaze focused on the tongue that swiped over those lovely lips.

The American simply laughed at the other's joke and he shook his head. "Nah, you're a special exception." He murmured with amusement. "It would be somewhat concerning if I decided to advance on a man who's a good thirty years older than me, huh?" He smiled at that and he knew that even if his boss was only a few years older than himself like Arthur, he still most likely wouldn't have made an advance on them. It wasn't as if he was a gold miner or anything. Arthur just managed to intrigue him in the personal level and honestly, Alfred preferred to get his way to the top through just means and it wasn't even as if he really wanted to progress to the top of a fashion company.

Certainly a better pay would be nice but other than that, he really wasn't desiring a top position here. He was a mere assistant and as the way things were right now, he preferred to keep it this way admittedly.

Alfred glanced back at the dance floor as well and he noticed that things had calmed down so he didn't feel like he was missing too much just by sitting at the table. Alfred hummed a bit and he thought about it before smiling at Arthur. "Tell a bit about yourself Arthur. You know so much about me but I don't know enough about you just yet." He murmured and he left the question open. He didn't want to pry in areas that Arthur didn't want him to pry into and instead he would let the other choose what he wanted him to know.

After all, Alfred respected his privacy though at the same time, he wanted to show interest in the other man. He was indeed interested in Arthur but he just didn't know what to ask, especially since there was possibly their culture differences or just personal history that he didn't know about Arthur. He didn't want to offend him in any way but Alfred wanted to learn more about his lovely date at the same time as well. He didn't necessarily care how the other acted during university because those were the times where they were both young, maybe a bit reckless.

It was kind of expected that they would have gone a bit wild though Alfred always was a bit more studious though he had his fair share of drinking, smoking and partying. Though he never really made it a habit. Alfred had to work hard for his grades in anything other than the sciences and maths though fortunately enough, those two subjects seemed to always come easily for him.

Alfred just continued on smiling at Arthur, just looking him over and admiring him in the lovely light of the club.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:17 am

Arthur made a quiet noise of agreement. “I might have thought you were a gold digger if that were the case,” he shook his head. He hadn’t been particularly subtle about his attraction towards Alfred even the first time that they met. He was pretty sure that Alfred wasn’t the type of person to seek after fame and fortune. After all, it had been Arthur that pursued Alfred and not the other way around.

He tensed up at the question. He wasn’t sure if he should feel relieved or anxious.

“Well, what would you like to know…? There’s a lot to tell,” he took another drink from his whiskey after much scrutiny if he should drink it or not. He wouldn’t get drunk – or at least he hoped he wouldn’t. It wouldn’t be fair on Alfred who wasn’t drinking anything at all.

“Well, you know that I have a brother, I like to read and I can waltz…” he listed them, realising how little there was to say. He didn’t want to say anything outlandish. As he said, there was a lot to say about himself – he’d been alive for twenty-seven long years, after all. He wasn’t sure if Alfred would want to hear about the time that he tripped when he was eight and broke his arm and so he’d have to be more specific.

He didn’t know a lot about Alfred’s past other than that he also had a brother, who was doing conservation work if he remembered correctly? He sounded like an interesting chap. He glanced down at their hands, eyeing the way that Alfred’s thumb was still pressed to the back of his hand. IF they had been in private, Arthur might have been tempted to kiss it but they were in public and Arthur didn’t feel as though he’d had enough to drink to become a sentimental moron.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:33 am

Alfred just laughed a bit at that and he shook his head. "Nah. I'm no gold digger or else I would have gone after you way before." He grinned a bit, resting his head against his hand as he thought about the question. While he was certainly an attention seeker, he didn't really want all the fame and fortune. While it would be nice and all, he didn't necessarily desire it and after a while, he was certain it would be a bit tiring. Fortunately enough, Arthur had started pursuing him first so there had been no risk of him getting fired for advancing on his boss.

Though at the same time, if it wasn't for Arthur pursuing him, he was more than certain that Alfred might not have seen the man in that way. He would have been opened to it but he wouldn't have probably seen him as more than just a man he worked with. Fortunately enough that night in the club happened...no matter how unromantic it was. There was no elaborate love confessions or anything like that. It was just the two of them together, using their bodies to express their affections for one another.

So maybe being a bit inebriated had also helped with their passion but that was besides the point.

Alfred thought about the question for a moment, humming to himself before smiling a bit.

"What about your hobbies? Other than reading and all that?" He questioned. "Like, sports or maybe sailing or something more domestic like uh...I don't know...cleaning or something?" He asked, curious. It was always good to know your date's hobbies considering that it would certainly help with ideas for presents. He didn't want to go through anything too personal considering that he didn't want to offend Arthur that night and risk their chances of having a good outcome in the end.

Alfred couldn't help but slightly remember the other mentioning that he had quit smoking a while ago. He couldn't help but wonder a bit about that as well. After all, a smoke sounded rather nice at the moment though he decided to push those thoughts to the back of his mind for the moment. There was no need to think about those kinds of things when Arthur was right in front of him, looking as wonderful as always. Alfred was more than willing to share his history with the other if the other was curious enough though right now, he was more than happy to just even sit there in silence, holding each other's hand.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 am

Arthur wasn’t really a fan of big gestures. Having to admit to someone that you liked them or worse, ask them out on a date for the first time, was really not something he enjoyed. He always preferred to just let things happen. If they happened to get together, they happened. It would have been a shame to watch from a distance as Alfred had gotten a girlfriend and eventually proposed to her and started to have kids… he really didn’t want to think about what he was depriving Alfred from having. Alfred would have made a good father, a good husband.

“Cleaning is not a hobby,” he scoffed. Yes, his flat was spotless but that was only because he couldn’t sleep whilst there was a mess somewhere. He gave a one-shouldered shrug. “Um, I like to read, as you know. I draw if I have the time, I cook, I watch the football, I write and I knit and sew,” he said the last hobby with pride. He wasn’t ashamed. He felt as though they were useful skills to have, regardless of gender.

He didn’t get to write as much as he would have liked, especially. He had discussed his ambition to write a children’s book one day. He was always filled with ideas, ready to scribble them down but he had neither the time nor the energy to sit down at ridiculous hours of the night and start to write. He’d always enjoyed writing and had been good at it since he was a child.

“Also, I sometimes attend mathematics classes to make sure that I keep my brain sharp.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:34 am

Alfred was actually quite a big fan of huge gestures though he knew that he hated being in the situations. Yet he loved elaborate displays and he absolutely adored being a romantic though he knew that this was not one of those cases. He knew that it probably wouldn't be the same if it was one of those cases and he wasn't even certain if Arthur would have had accepted him if he decided to ask him out as his boyfriend. It would have been awkward, especially considering that Arthur was his boss. Yet to know that the other was interested in him in that sense...it made all the difference in the world.

The American just smiled and shrugged.

"Hey, it could be a hobby to someone out there." He murmured as he grinned when he thought about the other's flat. "Not only that but your flat is pretty much spotless. At least a lot cleaner than my own." He mentioned with a small smile. That much was at least the truth and he knew that he couldn't deny that in the slightest bit. While his flat wasn't necessarily messy or anything, it certainly wasn't spotless like Arthur's. Alfred just gazed over at Arthur with wide eyes and he grinned a bit.

"Really? Sew?" He asked. He almost wanted to laugh because it seemed so feminine but he didn't really want to offend the other. So instead he decided to approach it another way. "What kinds of things do you sew and knit?" He questioned. It was almost foreign...to think of a man sewing all that often or enough to call it a hobby though he knew that he shouldn't make fun of the other for it. If anything, he shared Arthur's love for cooking at the very least and even though he didn't always make the most beautiful of things, he certainly loved being at the grill or even just baking cakes. His cakes were absolutely amazing in his own opinion.

Alfred smiled a bit to himself. "I would also like to see some of your writings if I ever could." He mentioned off handedly and he really did want to read it. He could tell just from looking at Arthur that he would be a marvellous writer. He already had such a mastery of the English language in his speech...he could only imagine what it was like when it was written down. The American couldn't help but look at the man with a fond light as he continued on lightly rubbing his hand.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:27 am

“Yes, well, there’s nothing wrong with a cleanly home,” Arthur said flatly, resisting either a frown or a smile. “Although, I must admit, your carpet is in desperate need of a vacuum…” he mumbled, somewhat embarrassed by his own statement. “It’s better to get cleaning done in one go. I think that you should dedicate an entire day this weekend to cleaning your flat. I’ll help, if you’d like me too,” he added, flushing a little. “Seeing as you seem to know nothing about cleaning.”

He had expected Alfred to laugh or to mock him, but he was relieved when he didn’t. It wasn’t the manliest of hobbies to pride oneself in but he didn’t really care. He could do it better than most and that was enough for him. “Anything that I need to,” he shrugged. “Clothes get ripped and torn and need fixing… scarves and things are easy to knit though. It’s very therapeutic after a long day.” Perhaps he could knit something for Alfred for Christmas?

“Hah,” he gave a clipped laugh, “I’m not that good, lad. I’m an amateur really. I haven’t ever written anything decent in length before.” Of course, he had written some things. Drabbles, if anything. He could picture lying on the sofa or in bed on a lazy Sunday, Alfred’s head in his lap as he read to him. That sounded nice, really nice.

The affection in Alfred’s eyes had returned again and it made Arthur feel uncomfortable but at the same time… he felt wanted. It was so nice. Such a pleasant, warm feeling. He smiled blithely at the American, eyes soft.

“If I ever write anything I deem good enough, I will not hesitate to show you.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Alfred simply laughed a bit at the mention of Arthur helping him clean up his flat and while the offer was tempting, he was certain that he didn't want his boyfriend to see what he just had stashed away in his flat. While it wasn't anything necessarily bad, it was definitely embarrassing some of the things that he had in there! He would rather not have the other see any of his silly possessions that he had just as a result of cleaning his flat. He was fine just doing this by himself! The American simply smiled and laughed. Arthur was so picky with cleanliness it seemed. At least that was another aspect that he learnt about Arthur. "Fine, fine. I'll clean it up later but you don't have to go out of your way and help me! I can do it myself!" He assured Arthur, cheeks slightly red. Though he was rather touched.

While the American definitely felt the temptation to mock Arthur about having a passion for embroidering, he knew that it would probably ruin any kind of mood they had for the date and probably hurt Arthur. He didn't want to do that to him, especially when all he wanted was for him to be happy and have a good time. Not necessarily being mocked for one of his passions, no matter how feminine it seemed. Okay, no seemed...more like how feminine it is. Alfred just simply smiled at the other, leaning a bit closer to the other so he could gaze at his features for just a bit longer. "Oh? Maybe you should show me some of the things you have sewn before, if you don't mind? Later, of course!" He laughed a bit, trying to clear it up. Hopefully not tonight...maybe tomorrow...if things turned out well enough tonight.

He could already feel anticipation build up deep inside him.

Alfred simply grinned at the mention of Arthur being an amateur writer. "Trust me, Arthur. You're probably a whole lot better than me. Writing has never been my strong point...if you haven't seen my write ups for you already." He murmured with amusement, resting his head against his hand as he gazed at Arthur with his bright blues. Though in his honest opinion, even though the other may not possibly be the best writer (he didn't truly know yet considering that he had never read his work though he was actually rather curious), it seemed terribly nice to actually be able to just lay down and listen to the other read to him. After all, Arthur had a very, very lovely English accent and even just listening to that would be one of the most relaxing and best things he could go through.

So what if he was American in that respect? He really couldn't help his love for accents, especially English ones.

Alfred simply smiled kindly at Arthur, letting their fingers brush for just a moment, touch barely even there as he hummed in contentment. "I would love that." He breathed out softly as the background music, the chatter surrounding them and everything else just seemed to fade away. It was their moment and he loved it.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:18 am

“If you say so,” Arthur shrugged. He didn’t wish to challenge Alfred about it, it seemed pointless. So long as Alfred’s flat was tidy, that was all that mattered, he supposed. Even if it wasn’t to his standards. He would just have to grin and bear it the next time that he visited Alfred’s (of course, he was under the assumption that he would be returning there. He felt like lips quirk upwards as he noticed the red in Alfred’s cheeks.

“Perhaps,” he cast his gaze down to the table. He hadn’t ever really made anything that spectacular. The most impressive thing that he could remember making was a woollen vest. It was not impressive at all. A part of him worried about not having anything incredibly awe-inspiring to show Alfred of his. Well, not that he had physically made himself. There were plenty of things Arthur would like to show Alfred; his music, his books, his writing, Shakespeare, the way that London looked when the sun was setting, the Hall of Mirrors, the Seychelles, his memories, his life.

Okay, so maybe it was all just an over-exaggerated way to say that he wanted to have sex with Alfred again, but he didn’t care. He could be a romantic fool so long as he didn’t show it to anyone else. Arthur fleetingly wondered if it was because he was almost thirty that he was acting in such a way.

Finally, something seemed to spark in Arthur as he replayed what Alfred had said.

“Later?” he questioned.

He didn’t say anything about his writing – or Alfred’s, for that matter. He knew that the boy wasn’t as fantastic at writing as one would have hoped, but he put it down to Alfred’s scientific mind. One can’t be good at everything, after all. Arthur’s strengths were in literature and mathematics, not science.

Arthur could barely repress his shiver as Alfred’s fingers brushed over his.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:04 am

Alfred would definitely clean his flat....later of course. It wasn't necessarily like he wanted a messy flat though he also didn't really ever care to clean it up all that much. Though he knew that he would feel somewhat obligated to clean it up considering especially considering that he now had a boyfriend and another person to try pleasing. Especially if Arthur decided to come around his flat more often.

Honestly, Alfred was completely hopeless when it came to the likes of sewing and the times that he actually tried, it failed absolutely miserably. Too often he would prick his fingers against the needle and bleed over the fabric though it wasn't often that he actually sewed. It was just for Home Economics class, which was a horrible class! He preferred subjects like the maths and sciences! Not something like sewing or cooking or any of the like. Though honestly, he didn't know what to show Arthur of his stuff. It wasn't like he had all that much that might interest the man.

Certainly he had a lot of videogames and books and all the like but he was certain that it wouldn't interest Arthur in the slightest bit. Though he couldn't help but wonder what would interest him just in case they were in his flat. Well, that would be something that he could worry about later if the chance ever came. ..That is...if this date actually turned out well enough so that Arthur didn't just get up and leave him.

That would be horrible.

Though Alfred couldn't help but realise that he was becoming somewhat of a romantic. While he certainly always was, he never knew that he could be so romantic towards a man though he knew that he had to give Arthur some room so he didn't completely feel like a woman in their relationship. That wasn't what it was about at all. It was not about impressing Arthur with things, especially when he could buy it whenever he wanted (and much more easily than himself). It was about well... Okay, so maybe he was a bit eager to get things a bit heated between the both of them.

Alfred didn't know if that was what Arthur wanted though.

"Yeah, later. If you don't mind." He smiled and he gazed down at Arthur's hand for a moment as he gently laced their fingers together. Soon he looked back up at Arthur, silently wondering what he wanted to do, what he wanted from this date, what he wanted from this night.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 am

Arthur wasn’t overly interested in what Alfred had to show him, not at all. He was much more intrigued by Alfred for being himself, for who he was. Despite their lack of similar interests, Arthur couldn’t deny that he genuinely felt something for Alfred. Something he hadn’t really experienced before even though they’d only been dating for a week.

Alfred was sexy, intelligent, bespectacled, talented, fun, exciting, kind, considerate, loving – amongst many other things. He was, for a lack of a better word, wonderful.

“Is that a proposition there, boy?” he smirked a little bit. The American certainly wasn’t very tactful. He allowed their fingers to become intertwined, not bothering to protest. He found himself eyeing Alfred’s smart suit, wondering what it would be like to rip the black jacket and white shirt off from him; to see the smooth, tanned skin beneath the clothes he wore. That sounded extremely tempting. Considering that he was not drunk this time, he would be able to enjoy Alfred’s body more. He would easily be able to appreciate the many hard hours Alfred had spent at the gym just so that he could look like that.

“I rather like the sound of that, actually,” he said aloud before he could stop himself. Arthur pursed his lips, looking up at Alfred again, into his eyes with what he hoped was a seductive look, if not confirmation that he very much wanted there to be a ‘later’ to their date.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 am

Alfred just hoped that Arthur was actually interested in himself considering that he didn't really have all that much to offer to the man. At least anything that he knew would interest the other and if not that, then at least things that Arthur wouldn't have been able to get. Yet the truth was that Arthur was much better off than himself and so he was certain he could afford absolutely anything he could buy for the other. So he had a feeling that it wasn't for his living conditions that Arthur was after but rather him as a person instead.

And that...well...that felt nice. To actually have Arthur interested in him for being himself. It really, really was nice though at times, he couldn't help but wonder what the other saw in him. Alfred knew what he saw in Arthur and maybe he was a bit different, liking even all the little flaws that the other man had but he really couldn't help himself. They were just amazing qualities about Arthur that no one else really seemed to have or make it so appealing.

Alfred couldn't help but grin at the other's question and he leant in just a bit, squeezing the Englishman's hand just a bit tighter as he chuckled. "Possibly." He teased, voice light as he returned the gesture back and eyed Arthur carefully. Alfred wondered a bit to himself just what the other was thinking at the moment. Was he thinking about him? If so...just what? Though he did have a small idea considering how Arthur was eyeing him though maybe he thinking a bit too much into this.

"Well, I can't say I argue against that." He laughed softly, feeling his breath hitch a bit in his throat at the seductive look. Oh God...was...was he reading that right? He could only hope. Suddenly, he wanted this 'later' to their date to come soon.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:18 am

It was funny to consider that a short while ago, Arthur had been un-nerved by all of this affection. But now, unlike earlier, there were the undertones of sex being hinted at which somehow made it much easier for the Brit to cope with. He didn’t know why.

Arthur heard Alfred’s breath hitch and felt sufficiently self-achieved enough to press on. He gently pressed his leg against Alfred’s, beneath the table. He shifted a little closer in his chair, eyes solely focused on the American now. He didn’t want to force him into doing anything, but the prospect of going back to either one of their apartments and losing their clothing was much too tempting to stop thinking about.

“So… do you think that you’ve had enough swing dancing for one night?” he raised his other hand to place it over Alfred’s. He began to stroke the back of his hand with his fingertips. “We could always go back and I could show you the type of dancing that I’m good at,” his voice was smooth, as sweet as honey. He was giving Alfred ‘the look’ ultimately and asking him if they could go and, to be blunt, shag. He felt the uncontrollable desire to touch and kiss Alfred. Being in public was only hindering that want.

“What do you say?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:30 am

While Alfred may have been daft in some respects, he wasn't so ignorant as to not understand what the other was trying to imply. He could definitely sense the undertones and it made him a bit flustered and embarrassed. Yet he knew that he was feeling more and more eager the more that he thought about it.

He found it rather amazing how Arthur seemed to embarrassed with just the smallest bits of affection yet now...he seemed completely different. As if he could touch him all he wanted without feeling restrained or embarrassed in the slightest. Feeling the other's leg being pressed against his own, he soon nodded quickly, swallowing thickly as he grinned. "I think I've had enough swing dancing for one night." He mentioned, thinking for a moment.

"Who's apartment?" He asked as he suppressed a shiver form the other stroking the back of his hand. Damn...the other was really good at sounding so smooth and would he risk even saying...well...seductive? Alfred could feel excitement build up in him and impatience and God...Arthur was promising only good things with that look. It made Alfred's body feel like it was going to burn up soon from all the emotions and anticipation coursing through his veins.

He quickly stood up so he could start heading towards the entrance of the club and back to his car. He couldn't help himself.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Page 17 Empty R18 from this point onwards!

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:45 am

Arthur had to stop himself before he spoke again. Initially, he had been going to say ‘where ever is closest’ but remembered belatedly that Alfred’s flat was untidy. He would be unable to concentrate if that was the case. Had Arthur had been any more desperate or drunk, he would have declared that he didn’t care so long as it was quick. But with Alfred, he had to take his time to enjoy the experience and provide equal pleasure for his partner. That couldn’t be done in the back of a car or a cubicle in the men’s room.

“We’ll go to mine,” he murmured. “It’s not that far away.” He couldn’t help but chuckle as Alfred quickly jumped to his feet. It was a relief to know that he wasn’t the only eager one, though. He also stood up but picked up his glass, downing the remainder – it would have been a waste of money if he hadn’t. He headed to the entrance, glancing back over his shoulder at his date to wait for him before heading outside into the cool air of the night.

Arthur loved this stage in a relationship; the stage where you can barely keep your hands off of one another. It was always exciting and fun to discover new places to touch and what people liked, etcetera. He hoped that he and Alfred would have a good time this evening.

Last edited by Mr. Kirkland on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:56 am

Alfred was tempted to actually go wherever was closer though when he thought about it, Arthur's flat was close enough so it wouldn't be too big of a problem. His flat was also rather untidy and he was certain that his bedroom wouldn't at all set any kind of romantic or sexual atmosphere. Too many things to divert their attention from the actual moment and so maybe it was best that they would do this at Arthur's place if things ended up going that direction.

So all he did was nod and quickly make his way to his car, quickly opening it before climbing in the driver's seat. He didn't wait all that long for the other to get in before he began to drive towards the other's flat, feeling his heart pound in excitement. Who was to blame him? Possibly being able to do it...he couldn't help himself!

Alfred knew very well that this stage wouldn't last at all. That they were still in their honeymoon phase which meant that everything was still so new and exciting. Yet he would enjoy their honey moon phase while they still had it. Enjoy every moment of it and when he glanced over at Arthur, still feeling his heart race in his chest, he couldn't help but think that they were truly going to have fun tonight. At least he could hope, especially since they weren't drunk this time around.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:11 am

Arthur got into the car, beside his date and shot a smile his way before they drove off. It was amusing how excited they both were, as though they were both children again. Like two six-year-olds racing to go to bed for the promise of a bedtime story. There would be no sleeping for some time yet though, he hoped. Stamina was going to be a problem if they continued to be so over-eager.

He was also concerned about their positions and whether they would go all the way. He had the provisions to do so and would have been more than happy for Alfred to top him, but he worried that Alfred would fumble and not prepare him properly. In reversal, Arthur didn’t want to hurt Alfred. He wouldn’t be able to forgive himself for the tears which Alfred would undoubtedly spill from bottoming.

He decided that he shouldn’t worry about it until the time came.

The drive was silent, other than the hum of the engine and the outside world but the air in the car was thick and made Arthur squirm in anticipation. He couldn’t wait to throw Alfred back on to his bed and to devour him. When they pulled up outside Arthur’s building, the Brit was the first one out of the car, going to unlock the door to the building as he corrected his suit, which was now creased from dancing and sitting. He stood in the doorway, waiting for Alfred with a lust-filled look.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next