Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Serve And Protect. [R18]

2 posters

Page 20 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

To Serve And Protect. [R18] - Page 20 Empty Re: To Serve And Protect. [R18]

Post by Officer Kirkland Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:56 pm

The Chief fixed Alfred with a steely glare. "... Indeed," he said. "And what are we dealing with, exactly? What were the motives behind the murder?"

"Drugs," Arthur immediately responded. He didn't want to go into too much detail or else they'd have to have backup tonight and, quite frankly, Arthur believed that the two of them could handle it. "There are drugs being dealt on the campus."

"I wasn't talking to you, Kirkland," the Chief responded. "Out. I need to talk to Jones."

Arthur scowled, hesitating, but eventually nodded angrily. "Don't let him bully you," he said to Alfred before leaving the room and slamming the door behind him. 

When they were alone, the Chief eyed Alfred again. "What has really been going on?" he asked bluntly. "Kirkland's not telling me everything. He never does. Always thinks he can handle it on his own, that one." He shuffled his papers for a moment, giving off an intimidating aura. "Now I'll ask you, Jones. What is Kirkland not telling me? His brother would never forgive me if I let something serious go on."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Alfred turned, looking a little lost as Arthur was forced to leave the room. He was even more frightened when the chief jumped on his case when he was alone. He never knew what to say in these kind of situations. His charisma lost in front of his boss.

"It's like Arthur said. There seems to be some kind of drug ring going around that is connected with the murder. We're looking into it. There's a lot of possible suspects but we think we've narrowed it down to one person. We should have a break through by tonight."

Alfred stopped for a moment thinking about what the chief had just said. "Wait..his brother?" Hadn't Arthur said something about not getting along with his siblings. 'What's he got to do with it?"
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:25 pm

"His brother saved my son," the Chief said seriously. "Quite a few years ago now. Brilliant man. I ..." he hesitated but decided to gruffly continue with his story. "I was working on a case... It had taken me years to get to that point. And my son, I didn't realise how depressed he was getting, especially over his studies. Kirkland's brother was teaching him, and was there for him when I couldn't be." He gave a tired smile. "Wouldn't be very grateful of me if I ignored his request to keep his baby brother alive and healthy, would it? But we almost lost him last year... I need to keep an eye on him, Jones."

He suddenly seemed like a tired old man. "I believe he's now a dean at that college your case is at." The Chief waved a hand suddenly, as if embarrassed. "I only told you that because I need you to watch him, Jones. Understood? And I want a full report after tonight. And I mean full. You're dismissed."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 am

Alfred stares wide eyed at the story the chief was telling him. He always knew the chief had a close work relationship with Arthur but he had never imagined this.

Alfred snapped into a semi formal salute eyeing the chief seriously. Of course he intended to keep Arthur safe, it was what he had been trying do all along, even now. "Of course Chief. I promise on my badge that I'll do my best to protect him." He says a very honest look in his eyes.

Slipping back into a more casual stance Alfred slumps his shoulders a bit. So Arthur's brother was the dean. He'd met him and he hadn't even known. He felt a little spark of disappointment that Arthur hadn't told him. He nods to the chief once more before he turns to leave the office, looking out for where Arthur was waiting for him.

He also stops by his desk, still small and in the corner. It doesn't seem to suit him anymore he thinks. He quickly digs into the drawers and finds his keys to his truck.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am

Arthur had stormed out of the office and methodically updated the sticky-notes lining the side of his desk. They were a week old, after all. After he'd finished that, he read through the files that had been left on his desk. Finding them of little importance, he folded his arms across his chest and sulked. Fortunately, the other officers knew to stay far away when Arthur was in a 'storm cloud' mood, and didn't bother him. 

Eventually Alfred emerged from the Chief's office. Arthur watched the American walk over to his desk and rummage through his drawers. The desk seed sad and lonely, and Arthur silently promised himself that once this case was over, he'd throw a fit so bad that the Chief would have no option but to shift Alfred to another desk, preferably one near Arthur's. 

After a moment he got tired of waiting and stalked over with an unconscious pout. "What did the old codger have to say?" he demanded, hands on hips. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Alfred turned to Arthur when he walked over and shrugged his shoulders. "He said he wanted a report about whats going on when we're done. From the sound of it he wants every detail too."

Alfred pauses as he considers telling Arthur about the chief's concern for him but he figures that Arthur already knows about that. He also wonders about what he had discovered about Arthur's brother. Should he ask Arthur why he never told Alfred about it before. It kind of made Alfred upset that he wouldn't even say anything about it.

He tried to shrugs off all those thoughts though. Maybe Arthur just didn't want to talk about it. He pockets his truck keys. "Ah, so I just realized. To get both of our cars back we have to drive them separately." This really shouldn't have been a problem but Alfred didn't want to be so far away from his new boyfriend any longer, plus the ride over had been so pleasant with just the two of them.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Arthur continued pouting grumpily. "A full report? Good Lord, the man is overbearing!" He'd never understood the sudden crackdown on his actions and the risks he took. He wasn't even allowed to work alone anymore! Not that he wanted to get rid of Alfred, but it was the principle of the matter. He'd been bad enough before, always checking on him and asking for interim reports, but after the disaster last year the Chief had gone absolutely mental. 

"That's all right," he said in response to Alfred's statement. He liked being near Alfred but he couldn't very well expect to always be near each other, could he? "We'll be back before you know it, and we'll have the rest of the afternoon to ourselves."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 pm

"He's not that bad." Alfred says lightly, feeling the need to defend the chief just a little. He did take things a little too far though Alfred though sometimes.

Alfred nods and turns to make his way out of the station. "Well, let's go then." Alfred says with a relaxed smile on his face. Despite everything it was turning out to be one of those nice days.

When he gets outside he practically runs to his truck. Running a hand over the hood to wipe some dust off of it before leaning over what might be an attempt to hug the vehicle. "I'm sorry I left you here baby." He says to it before laughing and moving to open the door and hop inside. He puts the key in and turns it. The truck revs to life and Alfred just looks happy.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Arthur raised an eyebrow at Alfred's antics. "Should I be jealous?" he asked, bemused. He eyed Alfred's truck and shook his head in mock-hurt. "I can't believe you'd cheat on me this early on, though I suppose I'd rather it happen now instead of later," he said lightly, though in truth he was terrified of it happening. Cheating was the bluntest way of saying 'you're just not good enough'. Alfred definitely wasn't the type to cheat though, and as long as Arthur did his best to keep the man happy and satisfied he wouldn't have a reason to, right?

He shook his head to rid himself of those morose, destructive thoughts and leaned against the door. He couldn't risk a kiss in front of the station in broad daylight, so he just gave him a smile. "I'll see you back on campus."

The trip seemed longer than it had been earlier, but it wasn't so bad when he could smile over at Alfred and return his cheerful waves through their windows. Arthur felt ridiculous, like a teenager in love. When they had arrived back at the university and parked their cars, Arthur firmly took hold of Alfred's hand while trying to disguise the fact that he'd missed the contact. "We have a few hours," he said, feeling overly sappy as he led the way back towards their dormitory room, "what would you like to do until the party?" 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Alfred looks up at Arthur at the comment and slips out of his trucks cab to go over to him. He stands as close as he can without raising suspicious. "Hey now, my truck was here before you ya know. She's an old love, like a grandparent or somethin." He says reassuringly. "I'll see you on campus though." He says smiling before getting back in his truck and on his way.

Alfred made the ride back as fun as possible as well. He would make sure to stay as close to beside Arthur as he could on the road. He honked and waves and even blew kisses at a few stop lights.

When they get to campus and Arthur takes his hand he brings it to his lips and kisses it for show. He follows along back to their dorm thinking. "Hmm, we could play a game or something." He suggests. "What would you like to do?"
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

"A game?" he echoed, unenthused. Games equalled Truth or Dare equalled party and drugs... Arthur wanted to keep all thought of tonight away from now. He'd only stress himself out if he thought about it. He shook his head. "I don't want to play a game... Unless you want to," he added hurriedly. Alfred had to know that he always have options when it came to Arthur. That was one way to keep him happy, right?

Truth be told... He just wanted to spend a while in Alfred's arms, possibly with blankets pulled up over their heads to shut out the rest of the world. It scared him a little, the intensity of his longing to always be near Alfred... Plus he was becoming soft. Was it really safe to be so sappy and emotional with Alfred? He thought about it for a moment. He really wanted to believe it was. Alfred would never hurt him. 

His daydream descended into images of kissing lightly, slowly and lovingly while curled in each other's arms. His eyes widened slightly and he let out a tiny choked noise. "I..." he couldn't say it. It was top embarrassing. Oh God he was becoming a woman, how could he be daydreaming about something like that? His face flushed pink and he didn't dare glance up at Alfred. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

"Ok no video games." Alfred says not sounding disappointed at all. It had just been a suggestion. He fine with whatever really as long as Arthur was with him. "So what would you rather do then?" He asks again looking over at Arthur then in the direction of their dorm. "If you don't make up your mind by the time we get back I'm just going to do whatever comes to my mind first." Alfred says with a laugh. It's not threatening at all, just Alfred being silly. He was sure they would find something to do and whatever it was would be fine because they were doing it together.

That was the best part Alfred found. Everything was exciting when Arthur was there. He could tease him, talk to him, work with him. He could watch his movements and the way he walked or the way his lips turned when he talked...
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 am

Video games? Arthur was absolutely rubbish at them. He’d never been a fan so he’d never learnt how to play properly. But somehow Alfred and video games seemed to match up… like a piece of lingering childishness. “What would I rather do?” he repeated softly, absently caressing Alfred’s knuckles with his thumb. He knew what he’d rather do. But there was no way that he could say it out loud. His stomach growled loudly and he blushed, suddenly reminded that they hadn’t eaten anything since the night before.

“Maybe we could eat first?” he suggested, knowing that if he was hungry, then Alfred must have been ravenous. “I’m feeling rather peckish.” It would definitely be a good idea to eat before going to the party, especially if they were going to be drinking. And judging by Yao’s attitude and actions last night, they wouldn’t get away with politely rejecting alcohol there.

What were they looking for exactly, though? Samples of the drugs, definitely. But what connection did Yao have with the murder? All they really had was the fact that Yao was the one distributing the drugs that their witness had overdosed on. Maybe he wasn’t even related at all. Sure, they could arrest him for any number of other charges, but doing so wouldn’t solve the murder. Arthur sighed. They had needed to get to that party, and they’d gotten invited. Tonight would be the breakthrough in the case, and as long as they kept an eye out for anything suspicious, tonight would be fine.

Arthur turned his thoughts back to Alfred. They had two hours before they’d have to start preparing to leave for the party. One hour could be spent eating, and the other… Well, Arthur still wanted a moment of peace and security before they set off into Yao’s den.

Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:57 am

Alfred stops in his tracks at the suggestion of food. He would always be in the mood for food. So that was as good idea as anything to him. Plus, the way Arthur's face lite up when his stomach growled was just too cute.

"Ok, Let's go get something to eat then." Alfred says turning from the direction of their dorm for a moment before he hesitates. "Or we could try to make something in the dorm?" Either way was good with him. He was sure they could find something to whip up or take out. He thinks about it for a moment. He would suggest getting some fast food but he knew Arthur probably wouldn't like that and he wanted to be fair to both of them.

He would think about the case later, take things as they come and right now they were getting food, not getting ready for the party.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Make something? Arthur instantly brightened. Even though no one else seemed to be able to eat his food, Alfred had willingly – happily – consumed the breakfast that Arthur had worked hard on making the other morning. The way to a man’s heart was through his stomach, right? Arthur would have to work hard and create a feast. But then he deflated. “We’re supposed to stock our own room, and we haven’t shopped for supplies,” he said, looking disappointed. And there was no point in shopping now, because it would take far too long and it would be easier to just go and buy something already made. “We’ll have to go and buy something to eat.”

“You can choose something though,” he said, “since I’ve been choosing where we eat lately.” In truth, he was curious about Alfred’s favourite foods. He knew that he couldn’t possibly stomach coffee, but what about the other things? It was unfair to expect Alfred to live off a diet of scones and pasties and full English breakfasts when the man wasn’t British and probably didn’t even like those foods. At least Alfred had made an effort to try though, and Arthur wanted to return the favour.

“Choose anything you want,” he said, steering them past the dormitory. “I want to try something that you like.”
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm

"Aw, good point." Alfred says thinking about it. Their dorm was pretty bare now that he thought about it. If he had really been in college he would have decorated and settled in quite a bit more by now.

"Me?" Alfred says smiling. "Well, alright. If it's my choice I've been craving some fast food." He takes direction, lightly pulling on Arthur's hand to direct them to the closest Mcdonalds. He knows there's one not far so they can walk to it. Not that he had been eyeing the place ever since that had started the case or anything. He just liked to know where the restaurants are in case he's ever near by.

"I'm glad you want to try stuff I like though." Alfred says quieter, looking ahead with a sweet gaze in his eye.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Arthur flushed and pointedly looked away. "W-well, you've been awfully understanding over the past week and n-now that we're, er, in a relationship... It's only natural that I'd want to see what kind of junk my b-boyfriend has been stuffing himself with!" Fuck, that didn't come out right. Alfred wouldn't appreciate his favourite foods being called 'junk'. And he'd never said a bad word about the afternoon tea they'd had the other day, even though much of it evidently wasn't to his taste. Arthur had to fix what he'd just said. 

"I-- I mean, I'm sure it's not junk--" he stopped as MacDonald's came into view, and continued, "and I'm sure the taste makes up for it's unhealthiness--" Oh, who was he kidding. He couldn't fix the situation, even if someone gave him a non-aggressive apologetic phrasebook. 

He fell into an awkward silence until they reached the counter. A bored-looking, pimply teenager was manning the till and when asked what he wanted to order, Arthur looked at Alfred helplessly. There were far too many choices and he didn't exactly make a habit of eating here. "I don't... Alfred, why don't you order for me?" He dug his wallet out to pay for the meals since Alfred had paid for yesterday's substantially more expensive meal. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 am

Alfred side glances at Arthur as he talks. His expression however isn't one of someone being insulted. In fact, a wide grin was forcing it's way onto his face before he couldn't hold it in anymore and burst out laughing. Alfred had to temporarily let go of Arthur's hand to wraps his arms around his sides and lean over as he laughed loud and booming.

It toke a few minutes but Alfred finally stopped gasping out for breath and wiped his eyes as they entered the fast food place. He reaches up and placed a hand on Arthur's shoulder both as reassurance and some stability.

He moves around to put his arm around Arthur's shoulder as he looks up at the menu. It only takes a glance and he knows what he wants. He gives the man at the registers a smile. "Ah I'll have two burgers meals annnd..a chicken salad meal for the cute guy with me." Alfred says trying to pick something Arthur might like too. It is clear that Alfred is in a good mood.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:49 am

Arthur felt miffed at being laughed at, but the arm around his shoulder seemed to ask for forgiveness so he just pouted. 'Cute guy'?! Arthur was the elder of the two! He wasn't cute. But then again he wasn't handsome either. Alfred could claim that title easily. What was he then? "I'm not cute," he muttered, even as he leaned firmly against Alfred's side. "Don't forget I'm older than you." Chicken salad sounded good, but it was different to what Alfred was eating. Oh well, he'd just have to steal a bite then. 

The teenager seemed shocked to see two openly affectionate men and curled his lip in disgust, but stiffly nodded and put their order through. Arthur scowled but swallowed down any insults that he had. Alfred had wanted to come here, so Arthur wouldn't get them kicked out just because he tended to be slightly aggressive when berating people. Nonetheless, when he paid he placed the money on the counter rather than dropping it into the boy's hand and he refused to grace the boy with even the fakest of smiles. The stupid sod didn't deserve one. 

"Eat here or take away?" the boy asked, pointedly not looking at them and disgust evident in his voice. 

He couldn't stand it. Arthur escaped from Alfred's hold and leaned menacingly against the counter. "Don't think I won't be talking to your manager, Jason," he said in a low voice, reading the boy's nametag. "Upsetting customers with your attitude... That's enough to lose your job over, isn't it?"

The boy blanched and looked up, meeting Arthur's eyes. He seemed to hesitate for a moment before biting his lip. "S-sorry," he stuttered, looking directly at Arthur who smugly leaned his head against Alfred's shoulder. "Would you like to eat here or have your meals as take-away?"

Satisfied, Arthur glanced up at Alfred to see what he wanted to do.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:44 pm

"I know you are." Alfred replies not understanding the issue. Being a few years older didn't make you unable to be cute he thought. He was going to say something but got distracted by the obviously disgusted look on the cashiers face. It made Alfred suddenly feel a little less bold. In his elation of realizing his feelings for Arthur, Alfred had nearly forgotten the sigma behind liking someone of the same gender.

Alfred kept his arm firmly around Arthur's shoulders but looked away. That is until Arthur seemed to decide to speak up. Alfred almost went to stop him but decided against it. Arthur was nearly unstoppable when he was really mad anyways.

As Arthur returns to his side he casts him a thankful glance and a small smile. "Let's..lets just get it to go." He says. Normally he ate in but he didn't feel like staying there if people were going to snare at them, even if Arthur seemed determined to put a stop to it. "We can go back to our room and eat there, where I can keep you as close as I want." He says trying to stay optimistic.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:13 pm

"Okay," he agreed, "let's take it back to the dorm." Soon enough their food had arrived and they slowly made their way back to the university. Arthur clutched one bag to his chest, feeling his mouth water at the scent of hot, salty chips. He was hungry enough to eat almost anything. His other hand was occupied with the drinks tray and he wondered if Alfred still wanted to be publicly affectionate now that he'd seen how most people viewed their kind of relationship. It was entirely possible that the other man would shy away from public contact and Arthur wouldn't blame him. 

When they finally made it back to the dormitory, Arthur set the food that he was carrying down onto the table. After seeing Alfred do the same, he crept towards Alfred hopefully, hunger merely pushed aside for a moment, not forgotten. Alfred had promised closeness in the privacy of their room and by God Arthur would claim every moment of closeness possible. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:00 pm

When their food came Alfred picked up the spare bag that Arthur hadn't gotten and lamented a bit as they couldn't hold hands on the way back. He thought about the cashiers reaction and it made him frown. What did that kid know? He hadn't had to go through the confusion Alfred had. He didn't know what it was like to think most of your life you were attracted to girls and then have a guy walk into your life and change things all up. Not that he had ill feelings towards that guy, since he was now his boyfriend. Alfred just sighed.

When they got back to their dorm Alfred sat down the bag in his hands and was a little surprised as Arthur seemed to make a beeline over to him. He opened his arms to him without a second though and pulled Arthur into a tight hug, securing him close against him. "Hey..thanks back there." He mutters into Arthur's shoulder.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Arthur leaned against Alfred’s chest, wrapping his arms around his waist. “It’s all right,” he said softly, “but it will happen again, you know. People aren’t understanding of what we have… you just have to decide whether you’ll go by their expectations or your own.” Though judging by the American’s actions, Alfred seemed to be fine with their relationship – at least in private. After a moment of relaxing in Alfred’s arm, Arthur’s stomach grumbled loudly and he wiggled out of Alfred’s embrace, hiding his red face.

“We should eat before it gets cold,” he reminded his partner. Arthur quickly unpacked the food and the boxes down on the coffee table in front of the couch in the living room. He waited until Alfred was seated on the couch with a burger in his hands before pressing up against him… and taking a bite out of the end of the burger.

It actually tasted all right, but of course Arthur couldn’t say that. Instead he swallowed his bite and frowned. “What do they even put in that?” he asked, opening his salad. The salad itself was nothing special, but it wasn’t bad either. Arthur hungrily began devouring it while eyeing the chips on the table.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:58 pm

"I know. It's just I'm not used to people looking at me like that." Alfred says before shaking his head and gladly welcomes the change in subject as they set out their food.

He sits down with his burger in his hand, looking at it hungrily before he feels Arthur settle next to him and to his surprise chomps down on his burger. He blinks before laughing again. "If you wanted a burger I have two ya know...And they put everything on it of course." Alfred says as he takes a big bite out of the other end of the burger in his hands.

He leans sideways against Arthur as he eats, too busy filling his mouth to really talk much. He does manage to somehow get a few words out though. "Can I try some of yours too then?" He notices those eye on his fries too. "You can have some if you want." He reaches over and pulls two fries out of the box holding then up to Arthur's mouth.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Arthur shook his head, “no, I just wanted a taste. I wanted to know what’s so great about those burgers, that you should buy two of the same one.” He licked the sauce from the edge of his mouth slowly and leaned back against Alfred, feeling content. At Alfred’s question, he nodded and stabbed a bit of salad onto his fork, ready to hold it up for Alfred when he saw his boyfriend holding up some chips.

His face heated up but Arthur leaned in, opening his mouth wide enough to take in the food. His lips and teeth grazed Alfred’s fingers and he unthinkingly sucked on Alfred’s fingers, giving them one last swipe with his tongue before releasing them with a small pop. It was only when he drew back that he realised what he’d done and he flushed a deep red. “S-sorry,” he muttered, feeling strangely breathless. “I…”

Alfred had wanted to go slow, and yet here Arthur was acting like a total slut. He looked away, fiddling with his fork awkwardly.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum