Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Courting Arthur Kirkland.

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Courting Arthur Kirkland. Empty Courting Arthur Kirkland.

Post by Queen of Spades Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Arthur sat out in one of the smaller gardens with his afternoon tea, admiring the blue Spade Roses (roses whose petals and leaves were shaped like spades) and how carefully they were taken care of. They were expensive flowers that requires almost twenty-four, seven care and Arthur was impressed with their beauty. He wanted a vase of them but didn't want to overstep himself by asking.

He had arrived only yesterday and was told by the Oracle that marrying Alfred would be the best for their Kingdom. They both agreed to it, though Arthur was still a little wary. It was clear that Alfred had been expecting and even desiring a woman. Something Arthur clearly wasn't. Still, the Oracle had demanded it.

So far he was staying in the guest chambers near the King's suite. In the morning he would walk by the ornate door and glance at it warily, knowing soon that he would have to sleep in there as well. It wasn't that he absolutely hated Alfred, he. . .just wasn't sure how compatible they were. After all the other loved sport and sun, while Arthur loved quiet, shade, and literature.

Briefly he wondered where his. . . .fiancee was. Arthur hadn't seen him all morning. . .but not like he really cared, or anything. It didn't bother him at all that there was no sunny smile and loud words to greet him at breakfast. No impossibly blue eyes to watch him at lunch, or wheat hair that looked so soft to touch, and. . .

No. He wont think of Alfred any more. He has tea and these gorgeous roses to look at.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Courting Arthur Kirkland. Empty Re: Courting Arthur Kirkland.

Post by King of Spades Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

"I will certainly not do that! Nope, never."

Alfred, the soon to be legal king of Spades was not in a pleasant mood that morning, he'd been spending it huffing and with wild gesticulations. That was often the case whenever he spoke to the master of ceremonies, because that man had nothing but troublesome suggestions. All he had in mind was tradition and perfect etiquette despite his young age. So Alfred used to enjoy teasing him.

However today was different, all mood of teasing drained from the young king.

"It's nothing too difficult. Just offer him a nice gift, Your Majesty."

"The hell should I even do that? I thought this marriage is formality only?"

"Well, the courting of your fiancée is formality as well."

And Alfred wanted to strangle that man. Would it have been a nice woman then we wouldn't have had to face the same reluctance but now he was asked to woo a man.

He found Arthur sitting in the western garden where the spades roses bloomed, sipping a cup of tea. Alfred rolled his eyes at the sight. Well, at least Arthur acted like a woman.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

http://rurushuu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Arthur heard heavy footsteps on the stone behind him and turned to see who it was. His eyes met with Alfred's and he quickly turned around with a huff. "Yes? Am I needed for something?" He was going to play this as cool as possible. Alfred didn't need to know that Arthur was just thinking about how good looking he was. That would be the worst.

Instead he took another sip of tea and reached out to delicately touch a spade rose. They were so soft, he wanted some badly. Would anyone perhaps miss just one bud? Perhaps if he took from a buried branch. . .

That was ridiculous. Of course the gardeners would notice. Maybe after he was Queen. . .surely they would have to cut him a rose then. Surely. He was trying very hard to ignore Alfred's presence behind him. Trying to pretend that he wasn't imagining what their kiss would be like, or what his hands would feel like, or. . .

It was no use. His mind always wandered back to Alfred.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 pm

"What a biiiitch," Alfred's mind screamed. But he composed himself only barely. He was supposed to woo Arthur, maybe ask him what he liked so that he could get it for his fiancée.

The fingers that covertly caressed the blue petals of the roses showed deep affection, even someone like Alfred could see that. And he also caught the longing look in those emerald eyes, somehow making him have the urge to buy all spades roses in the kingdom and present them to Arthur. Surely, he would be overjoyed.

But that was just him pitying the other man. Or so he thought.

"Do you...like the roses? Would you like to have some for your room?" He kneeled down in front of the roses. "Do you know what the texture of these roses feel like?
Like a kiss."
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Arthur cleared his throat and quickly withdrew his hand. He tried to hide his blush behind his teacup but it spread to his ears, how did Alfred get so close so quickly? Arthur hardly had any warning at all. "Yes. Some roses for my room would be absolutely lovely, thank you." He wasn't outside of showing gratitude when it was called for, and Alfred certainly was perceptive right then.

Then he made the comment about the roses and kissing and Arthur felt his blush spread down to his neck. He tried once again to hide in his tea but it didn't work. Of course he had kissed before, a few girls he was friends with as a child and when they turned out to be horrible he kissed the stable boy and found it much better. Now Alfred was talking about them and Arthur had been thinking about then and it was all just too much. "Oh. I see. I didn't make that comparison at all."
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am

Alfred would make sure to send the roses to Arthur's chambers later at night. For now he had to continue being a charmer. Of course, the line about the kiss was a bluff, just something he'd heard people talk about at court but he was sure he sounded convincing.

"Wanna try it out?" He asked with a lopsided grin. The king picked a spades rose and held it up demonstratively. With half lidded eyes he slowly and softly let his lips touch the petals. He signified Arthur to do the same on the other side of the flower while his lips still remained kissing the rose.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 am

Arthur could have sworn that his heart rate shot through the roof just then. What did Alfred think he was doing?! He had just got done laughing at the fact that Arthur was supposed to be his bride, how was he he going to now come in and act like this?!

Surely he was put up to it. Arthur wasn't going to stand for that, he refused to be wooed as a joke. He sat back against his chair and stuck his nose in the air in an attempt to seem higher than he felt. "No thank you." Arthur took a sip of tea, doing his best to remain gentlemanly.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:01 pm

"Aaaaw, really not? Are you too embarrassed?" Alfred pressed on, leaning himself over Arthur's shoulder. It was quite cute to see the other so obviously flustered, really entertaining. The rose still in hand he rose it to his lips again, now kissing it near Arthur's ear.

Eh, it was quite easy and fun to do this. Maybe he should do this everyday after all, curious to see Arthur's many reactions. Maybe he was a bit happy to see the way Arthur would blush in front of him.

"Now you see, aren't you bored sitting around in here? The castle is big you know, there are many places one could easily discover. Big halls, libraries, sunny places, dark places, crowded rooms," he then lowered his voice, imitating a seductive tone, "...hidden rooms. Where nobody could ever find us."
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Arthur couldn't move. Alfred was right there, leaning over him, his breath hotly tickling Arthur's ear. He couldn't have this, not at all. Now he was certain he was being mocked, and who did this person think they were?! Of course, the future King, but. . .it was rude! "I am not embarrassed!" And Arthur was also very embarrassed that he was reduced to blushing like a school girl when he thought of Alfred.

The last line of Alfred's sentence sent a spark down Arthur's spine and he tried to quiet his intense longing down. Alfred is just teasing you. He reminded himself. He doesn't actually mean anything he's saying right now. Arthur refused to let himself get hurt.

He stood abruptly, knocking into Alfred, but it was worth it to get away. "A library sounds lovely right now, I could use a good read. Thank you for the suggestion." Arthur then turned heel and fled, leaving his beloved tea and roses behind.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:27 pm

The rest of the day wasn't nearly as successful, Arthur was determined to ignore him. The moment he'd introduced the library to Arthur, there was no talking with him. The large collection of knowledge and imagination was apparently more interesting than him.

And Alfred was forced to leave Arthur behind after he'd realised that he'd not get the other's attention anymore for the day.

Later at night Alfred made sure to send a butler to bring the spades roses as promised.

Alfred awoke with new spirits and energy to start the day and he could feel it was going to be an amazing day. And Mission Courting Arthur Kirkland Day 2 could begin!

"Arthur, wake up sleepy head! I bring breakfast!"

Alfred was standing in front of Arthur's bedroom, waiting for the other to open and grant him entrance. He grinned and looked at his perfectly arranged breakfast on a tray. He didn't forget to add a special breed of spades rose as a simple decoration.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Arthur typically rose fairly early, ant that morning he spent getting dressed and admiring the roses Alfred had sent. He was surprised, he didn't think Alfred would care enough to actually go through with it. They were beautiful, of course, and Arthur had never seen anything like them, not even at his own home.

He was used to waiting for the breakfast chime to ring before leaving, but today it seemed that Alfred wanted to see him early. Arthur doubted that he really had breakfast but went to open the door anyway, he really shouldn't keep his King waiting. When Arthur saw that Alfred really did have breakfast he smiled, ever so briefly, and let Alfred enter. "You're bringing me breakfast?" And more of those beautiful roses? Arthur was thrilled. Though he couldn't let that on. "How kind."
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 pm

"Of course! You totally should try these awesome cookies! Those are my favourites," he himself stole one of rhe cookies that were meant for Arthur. Alfred took the liberty to let himself fall back onto Arthur's bed and stayed there, feeling too comfortable to stand up.

"Hmmm~ why is this bed so soft and comfortable, it feels different than mine!" He buried his face into the pillow and enjoyed the feeling, faintly, he could still smell his fiancées scent on it. Arthur took rose perfumed baths, he thought with a smirk.

"You like roses, you smell like roses..." he said with a whisper and smiled into the pillow while he slowly began to doze off.

Last edited by King of Spades on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Arthur seated himself at the table to enjoy his meal, ignore Alfred's brash (and rude) actions. After all, who was he to complain to the King. He was in no position at all. The breakfast, he had to admit, was very good. The cooks probably made it but Arthur felt a little happy that Alfred thought about him that much to request a special breakfast.

And it was an ice distraction from the fact that Alfred was now lounging on his bed. His bed that had not yet been made because the morning maids were not here yet.

And now Alfred was smelling his pillow and comparing him to roses. Arthur's face lit up a bright shade of pink and he coughed, not quite believing what he had just heard. "P-Pardon me, but did you say I smell of roses?"
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 am

"I totally said that," he mumbled sleepily. Ah...now he knew why this bed was so comfortable for him. The scent of a mother. This room used to be his mother's after his parents had stopped sharing the bed. The gentle presence of a woman still lingered there but the warmth was a different kind. It was most likely Arthur's warmth.

"You know, if you like taking perfumed baths so much, why don't you use spades roses instead of the usual roses? I'll talk to the gardener to prepare the neccessary amount, though he'll probably kill me for that," he chuckled.

After a while he finally forced himself to stand up, rubbing the sleepiness off of his eyes. "Is there anything you'd like to do today? I gotta be a good host!"
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 am

The comment about his baths make his face flush darker. H-How dare Alfred mention his bathing habits! And how did he know Arthur liked to take perfumed ones! "Th-That's none of your business! I don't even want to know how you know my. . .b-bathing habits." But those roses sounded lovely. . . "B-But. If you wouldn't mind asking the gardener. . ." That would be the most heavenly bath.

Arthur settled to eat his breakfast again and Alfred kept talking. What to do? Arthur doesn't know. He's only been here a few days. "Well. . .what is there to do? I am from another city."

Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:43 am

Alfred chuckled, satisfied with his awesome deduction skills and shrugged non-commitally. "I am good, you know," he said suggestively.

But then he perked up at Arthur's latest remark. Now this was interesting, he didn't know that. "You...you aren't from the capital? I see...then...then why the hell are we still in this stuffy castle?" The king was suddenly fully awake and filled to the brim with new enthusiasm. He felt awkward with all the gentlemanly courting but this was something he could do.

He rushed out of Arthur's chambers and didn't give any more details about what he was intending to do. All he said was a sparse information. "Get dressed! I'll meet you in front of the main gate!"
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:53 am

Alfred's sudden enthusiasm surprised him. He had never seen Alfred move so quickly, Arthur assumed he didn't have the ability to. Of course, since he had no opportunity to refuse (and he wouldn't have anyway, he was too interested in seeing the city), he might as well get dressed.

Arthur went down to the hall twenty minutes later, dressed and ready to go where Alfred demanded. He wouldn't have a choice anyway.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 am

Alfred smiled and offered Arthur his arm - not that he wanted to, it was...obligatory - and he motioned for the gate to be opened for them.

The heavy giant portals moved, far too slowly for Alfred's preferences as he was all too keen on jumping out the court. It had been long since his last visit to the capital. That was why he didn't even bother to wait until the gates were completely opened; as soon as there was enough gap, he wasted no time to pull Arthur along and step out.

The capital was a masterpiece. It was old and immortal, he'd heard his father say. "The capital is a playground for those seeking adventures!"

So he showed Arthur around. The most important piazza with giant monuments, the theatre, the market, the rich part, the commoner part. And he quickly pulled Arthur through the red district with a flushed face, not even daring to look to the left or the right. They needed to go through that part if he wanted to reach his most favourite taverns. "Ah...well...erm...the other kind of flowers..." he mumbled as he almost ran into a pretty whore.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:32 am

Arthur stumbled along behind Alfred, tugged through the capital. It really was a beautiful place, Arthur had only seen it once from the carriage when he arrived. Arthur desperately wanted to see something at the theater (he'd heard that it was the best of the four Kingdoms), but Alfred didn't seem like the type who would want to willingly go.

The red light district scared him a little, mostly because Arthur wasn't used to seeing this side of any city. Even his own. He kept his eyes cast down and hurried next to Alfred. "Er. . .what's in here?"
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 am

Alfred saw the discomfort in Arthur's face and smiled at him comfortingly. He tousled the other's hair in a friendly manner. "Don't worry, little innocent Arthur, we're just passing by," he said with a grin. As if he was less innocent.

Not many recognised Alfred as the king as he had never been publicly introduced as the new regent before. So the whores were happily and without restraint throwing themselves over the two nobles because of their obviously wealthy appearance. Alfred had troubles shoving the crazy chicks away from their bodies.

Finally the shady district ended and the long street of taverns and inns began. "This is the place where we can get the best food and beer ever! You wanna try one of these awesome places out?" His eyes sparkled in such a way that didn't allow a no.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 am

Arthur scoffed and the innocent comment and tried to hold his head higher, but these. . . women of the night. .made it very difficult. He wasn't really interested in them, and felt embarrassed to look at them. Thankfully Alfred led him out relatively quickly to a street of dirty pubs and bars. Where on earth was Alfred taking you?

. . .Oh. A place for dinner. "That sounds lovely, yes." He was being very kind today, perhaps Alfred was turning over a new leaf? Arthur will still make him right for it, of course. He wont be won over that easily! "Lets go then. Though, I don't drink. . ." Bad things always happened when you did and it was best to refrain from drinking publicly.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:05 am

"Yeah, I don't usually drink as well...but..."
They entered and were immediately greeted by howling and drunk men, cheering at the sight of the newcomers. The roaring voices sounded more animalistic than human.

"Well isn't that young master Alfred on tour!" They shouted and broke out in immediate laughter.

"But one can only survive this place when being drunk," he said with sigh. He would have chosen a better place to eat but there were no better meals in the whole world than in "The Drunk Buffoon". And there were never women in this tavern, which was a plus point for Alfred for some reason. It's not like some of them were pretty or anything...not at all.

"You guys make me sound like some spoiled brat!" He snapped back with a pout. They continued laughing.

"Because you are! And you're the only virgin here! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh...you brought a friend."
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:27 am

Arthur had turned beet red from the banter, suddenly not liking this place at all. Alfred wasn't courting him, this had to be some sort of cruel joke. Who in their right mind would ever take someone they maybe possibly liked to a horrible and uncouth place such as this. It was outrageous. Arthur certainly didn't want to get drunk here, with how he was feeling now it was a guarantee that he would burst into tears and curse everyone out. How embarrassing.

Sadly he had to stay, there was no way he could make it back the way they came by himself. He didn't know the city very well, and the thought of walking through those tramps alone made him shudder. He would have to sit quietly and endure. It was all he could do. "Alfred please hurry and eat your meal." Arthur doesn't want to stay here.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 am

Alfred could see that Arthur clearly didn't like this place. He couldn't help but be smug. Well, if Arthur wasn't able to like the place he liked, then it was his own fault. Too bad they couldn't share any similarities in character, which would make a marriage difficult. But Alfred wasn't going to whine over it, it's not like he had to change the little pleasures he had. Going incognito inbetween common guys being one of those.

"Let's sit there," he pointed at a table near a window. "I love this place. It's so different than the stuffy court full of false people, insisting on this rule, that etiquette, and then they lose sight of what is real and...the point of being a government."

He then told the waiter what he wanted to order and insisted on doing the same for Arthur's meal. Then he turned back to face Arthur. "This place is dirty and full of drunken men who can only afford to visit this place once a month. But this place is reality and definitely more important than courting etiquettes. I thought...I could court you with the introduction of my personality. Well, seems not to be the case. Well...anyway, let's enjoy the steak, it's really the best!"

This place wasn't the dirties, as far as he knew. Because he'd heard that the taverns down the streets were rougher, though he'd never been to any other taverns aside from this one.

"I hope I can still make this evening more enjoyable for you, though."
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 am

"I like rules and manners." Arthur sat across from Alfred at the table, glancing out the grimy window. "It makes everything clean and organized. Things don't run very smoothly if there are no manners or rules, that is the point of a government." Arthur didn't really want to look at Alfred to see his answer, he knew the other wouldn't like it.

He didn't really want food, either. Especially not from this terrible and dirty place. Arthur would have to take two baths tonight. Once to rinse the dirt off and another to relax. How time consuming. "I'm sure your personality is fine, but I don't particularly like grubby, loud places. Or crowds. Perhaps you should have learned more about my personality before trying to take me somewhere." If he had Alfred would know that Arthur's ideal outing would be visiting that lovely theater they passed, and perhaps dinner at a clean, quiet place. Not necessarily somewhere expensive or fancy, just clean and quiet. Nice.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next