Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

2 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 am

Arthur laughed breathlessly and tried not to smile goofily.

“Of course you do,” he teased, gasping softly as Alfred moved up against him. He began to rock his hips carefully on top of Alfred, allowing for them to move against each other. He held his fiancé’s gaze, watching his reactions as they moved together. “That’s the good thing about being on top, isn’t it?” he continued, still joking lightly though he soon shivered.

“Ah…”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:22 am

Alfred just groaned at that, slowly moving his hips in rhythm with Arthur though it was somewhat hard to get that rhythm at first.

He just gave a grin filled with humour.

"But my amazing observation skills tell me that a-ah...you're on the top right now."

He laughed and soon he rested his hands on Arthur's waist so he could help guide him.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 am

Arthur stared at the other for a few moments before rolling his eyes, though he looked amused.

“You’re a moron, my love.”

He was grateful that Alfred held his waist to help him along, beginning to gain the confidence to move faster as he rode him. He was still for a moment as he adjusted his position, now reaching behind himself to brace himself using Alfred’s thighs. His movements then became a lot less delicate, his own cock throbbing for attention. But he was getting closer to his prostrate and really didn’t care to try and help himself along using his hands. He was quite enjoying just the unity of being one with the man he would marry.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Alfred simply chuckled at that.

"I'm a moron that you're marrying, to be more precise."

He was about to say more though he choked up when Arthur's movements started to become a lot less delicate. Bucking his hips up more, his whole body shuddered in pleasure.

"F-Fuck...!"

Seeing Arthur's cock, he reached forward so he could start pumping it with his thrusts though the pacing was rather erratic. It was hard to keep the same rhythm as his thrusts.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:29 pm

“Mmm,” Arthur hummed in agreement, though it progressed into a slight moan. He always liked when Alfred lost it a bit and started to just do whatever he could to get more pleasure; it always made Arthur feel more powerful to have his lover begging for more, whether he was topping or bottoming.

He began to draw in deeper breaths as he bounced atop of Alfred, using his knees and thighs to help him move. But as Alfred stroked him with more force than Arthur had expected, he shuddered and faltered for a moment.

“I’ll cum if you keep doing that,” he gasped out. “Slower, please.” And in turn, he slowed his own pace in favour of leaning over Alfred to kiss him on the lips.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 am

The holiday was enjoyed by the both of them and Alfred knew that they were definitely in love and excited about the engagement. What he wasn't necessarily looking for was the idea that he would have to make the decision over the next few weeks about whether he actually wanted to go to Florida or not.

Arthur seemed adamant on him going and he knew that it probably pained him to do so. After all, he would be apart from his lover and would they really be able to hold a long distance relationship with one another?

Alfred knew that he probably could but would Arthur be able to do it?

So much of Alfred wanted to stay there in New York City with his lover, the only place he really considered as home and he just wanted to work under the other for most of his life. Though at the same time, he knew that they both needed the money (despite Arthur making quite a bit) and not only that but Alfred needed to make something out of his life. He had high expectations for himself and he couldn't necessarily turn down one of the only opportunities that may present itself to him.

It wasn't often that offers like this were made and a few weeks after their amazing holiday, he knew that he would have to go down to Florida after the Christmas holiday. He just had to stay until the end of his current contract, which ended in January, and then he was free. A part of him was nervous and dreaded leaving the life he was used to, that he longed, but at the same time he would be able to build his life up like this.

He just hoped that their relationship would still stay strong with the distance.

Soon a few months passed and Christmas came around. The office was holding a rather decent sized Christmas party, the last one that Alfred would be going to.

-----

"Alfred, what the hell are you doing in there? We're going to be late," Arthur banged on the bathroom door. "You look fine, I'm sure. Just please hurry the fuck up, please? I need to use the loo."

He heaved a sigh and went to the mirror in their bedroom, adjusting his jumper. His hideous Christmas jumper which Alfred had so thoughtfully presented him with whilst they were in public, where Arthur had no choice to accept. He was only wearing the damn thing for his boyfr - no, his fiancé. Though he supposed that it could have been worse and they were only for a laugh... God, he sincerely hoped people wouldn't laugh.

He pulled out his shirt collar from underneath the jumper, just to show that he actually have something underneath to wear when he would eventually take the damn thing off.

-----

Christmas was definitely not Christmas without the ugly Christmas jumpers and there was nothing that Alfred would do to change it.

He made sure to buy the both of them some of them, if only to be 'festive' and while he knew that such a fashion diva like Arthur was bothered by it, he couldn't care. After all, it was just for laughs. And not only that but he legitimately enjoyed wearing them if only because they were comfortable and he was sure that at least someone would look more ridiculous than them.

Yet despite their clothes, Alfred was still as picky as always when it came to his appearances. Especially his hair and he had to make sure that his hair was trimmed and tidy.

"I'll be right out in a moment!" He called out, huffing softly as he finally stumbled out of the bathroom and sprayed on some cologne. He couldn't help his wide grin as he caught sight of the Christmas jumper that was on Arthur.

"...It fits you."

-----

Arthur glared at him.

"Well, you did ask me what size jumpers I buy. Not very subtle." He'd thought that it was a Christmas present or something. How wrong he was. Though, this was kind of Christmas present... in an Alfred sort of way.

He then hurried past Alfred to the bathroom. When he re-emerged, he returned to the bedroom.

"Almost ready now, Elton?" referring to Elton John, of course. "I know it's one thing to be fashionably late but your brother is coming all the way down to see you and it's not exactly sporting of us to not turn up, eh?"

----

Alfred snorted at the Elton John reference, rolling his eyes though he couldn't help but slightly agree with his fiancé on that.

"Mm, shut up. I'm almost ready, don't worry. I'm not like a woman or anything." He laughed somewhat though he soon went back into the bathroom so he could at least brush his teeth.

Soon enough he came back out of the bathroom, quickly grabbing some stuff to shove it in his bag before looking over at Arthur, humming a bit to himself.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Matt would probably get really pissed also and throw me to the moose or something like that." He smiled and soon went over to Arthur so he could press a quick kiss to his cheek.

"I'm ready. Are you?"

-----

Arthur had been lacing up his shoes when Alfred returned and stood up to greet him, appreciating the mint-scented kiss placed on his cheek.

"Yeah, just need my coat. Are we taking the car or getting a taxi?" Arthur was planning on drinking a considerable amount at this event.

---

Alfred laughed at that, nodding though he soon went forward so he could grab Arthur's coat. Soon enough he went behind the other, slipping it on for him.

"Mm, warmer?" He asked lowly, nuzzling against him for just a moment before pulling away.

"I'll drive. I'm not planning on drinking way too much this time around."

-----

Arthur just smiled at Alfred's actions, shrugging into his coat before turning to the other, returning his nuzzle. He pressed a light kiss to his lips and nodded.

At the idea of Alfred driving and drinking, however, he frowned.

"Really? Is that a good idea?" he touched Alfred's chest and stupid jumper with gentle fingertips. "I'm going to have to keep an eye on you and make sure you don't drink too much, aren't I?" he raised an eyebrow sceptically. He wouldn't joke about Alfred killing them both whilst on the road - it was much too morbid and he didn't want to even entertain the idea.

"You're sure you aren't really going to drink?"

----

Alfred just hummed and he nuzzled back against him.

"Don't worry. Even if that happened, I'm sure Matt would drive us back home if we're too drunk but I don't wanna spend hours in traffic with a stinky taxi driver."

He leant forward and pressed a kiss to his lips. "It'll be alright, don't worry. I won't get too drunk. I've been able to drive us before."

-----

"Hmm," Arthur rolled his eyes, still sceptical. "Fine. I trust you."

He leaned in for another kiss, holding it for a few seconds longer this time though he still pulled away sooner than he would have liked to. He didn't want to get distracted and end up not leaving the flat at all. He did allow himself the pleasure of reaching around and squeezing Alfred's bum quickly before moving out of his reach quickly and to the door.

"Let's go," he began to fasten the buttons of his coat. "Oh, um, don't let me get too... blotto, please? I don't want to be hanging tomorrow." He'd been out with Gilbert a few times recently, each time resulting in him either trying to do a failed-strip-tease for Alfred or throwing up all through the next day. Neither were particularly dignified.

"And if you see me talking to Kiku about, um, films, then please stop me." He didn't need to know anymore about what the Japanese man did in the privacy of his apartment.

----

Alfred couldn't hep but raise an eyebrow at that, laughing somewhat. He didn't understand British slang at times.

"Blotto? What the hell does that mean? Why can't you say normal things that we both can understand or somethin'?" Despite that, he just shrugged it off though he did jump a bit and redden when Arthur touched his bottom.

It was nothing new and in fact, he loved it but it was still surprising each time he did it.

"God you conniving man." He grinned over at him.

"And don't worry. I'll make sure things don't get way too out of hand." Soon enough he headed out of the flat, making sure to hold the door open for Arthur before grabbing his car keys. Pulling out his phone, he quickly texted Matthew that they were going to be there soon enough.

------

"I wonder what Ludwig's like when he's drunk," Arthur pondered out loud as they headed to the car. "I mean, I've heard things that Gilbert has said but I've never actually witnessed it... God, this is going to be a total bloody nightmare."

It only took them half an hour to get there, thanks to Alfred's ever-manic driving. They'd squabbled a bit, but that wasn't unusual.

The party wasn't overly energetic. They were all supposed to be adults now and behave in a civilised manner but Gilbert already seemed pretty drunk when Arthur greeted him in passing. When he spotted Elizabeta and Roderich, he understood why.

He anxiously made his way into the party and immediately went in search of drinks. He paled a little at the sight of Ludwig with a pint of beer in his hand. He waved slightly and hoped he wouldn't be dragged into a conversation about his jumper.

----

Alfred was just grinning the whole entire way as he went into the party and even though he got a few raised eyebrows at his outfit, he was still content to go around talking with others.

Of course it seemed as if Lovino wasn't all that fond of it.

"What the hell!?" He growled out as he approached the American, eyes narrowed.

"What is that?" He asked, somewhat incredulously. Alfred just grinned and pulled at his Christmas jumper, grinning.

"It's a Christmas sweater!"

"An awful one of that!"

Alfred rolled his eyes, not at all deterred by the other's ravings about true fashion.

Ludwig though instead looked over at Arthur, simply raised an eyebrow but he didn't say anything for the first few moments. After all, he wouldn't be surprised if Alfred forced the poor guy in it.

"...Was it Mr Jones that did that?" He asked, obviously implying something.

-----

Arthur was only somewhat disappointed that Alfred hadn't followed him. They both had to mingle a bit on their own, he supposed. They wouldn't have to stay the entire time if they met up later and mutually decided that it was shit and they should go home.

He frowned over at Ludwig, trying to act offended before realising that it was useless. He just sighed and nodded.

"He wants to get in with the festive spirit," he told him exasperatedly. "I couldn't really say no when he'd already gone to the trouble of buying them for us..." he glanced across at his fiancé and then proceeded to take a gulp of the alcoholic drink in his hand.

"Where's Feliciano?" he asked absently, trying to make conversation.

----

Ludwig just let out a soft sigh, shaking his head a bit.

"Ah, Feliciano is off with his brother right now. Though I don't understand why Lovino is here in the first place." He decided that it was probably best that he didn't necessarily question the other anymore about his choice of wear. Especially since Arthur seemed embarrassed enough about it.

Ludwig simply pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

Alfred glanced around, looking for a way to escape Lovino's barrage of insults towards his fashion and soon he caught sight of Arthur again. He quickly hurried towards him, a wide smile on his lips.

"Hey there, Mr Beilsc...uh...Ludwig!" He soon sidled up next to Arthur, ordering a weaker drink for himself.

Lovino though followed Alfred and his eyes narrowed at the sight of Arthur and Ludwig.

"Oh."

-----

Arthur tensed at that, eyes widening.

"The... other Vargas is here?" he sounded somewhere between horrified and irritated. Why wasn't he informed that there was a possibility that he would get an earful from a small, angry Italian man? He should have been warned.

As Alfred approached, he gave him a small smile, grateful for his company. But then... Lovino. Arthur tried to shoot the man his best glare.

"Good evening," he said, sounding bitter.

----

Alfred looked a bit confused when he heard the bitter tone that laced Arthur's voice. He looked between Lovino and Arthur, a frown on his lips. He didn't really know Lovino all that well but there had been rumours that he didn't get along with Ludwig very well.

But did Arthur not get along with him all that well either?

Huh...he couldn't help but wonder why that was the case.

Lovino just glared back over at Arthur.

"...What the hell are you looking at, bastard?" He scoffed before making a face of disgust at Arthur's Christmas jumper.

"You're a wreck."

-----

Immediately, Arthur's expression darkened. He shifted closer to Alfred, as a sort of way to prevent himself from attempting to get up and argue properly with Lovino. Whether his strategy would work or not was a different issue entirely.

"I work for Chouchoute, Mr Vargas. Unlike yourself." He glanced at Alfred, knowing that he'd probably upset him if he said anything bad about the jumper he'd been given. So, he refrained from saying anything derogatory. "It's Christmas," he decided on, instead.

He took another long sip from his drink and turned away from the Italian, trying to avoid confrontation. When Alfred was served his drink, Arthur tried not to smile.

-----

Alfred couldn't help but frown at that, shifting around uncomfortable when he heard Lovino. He knew that the jumpers weren't all that great and in fact, he was half expecting Arthur to say something mean.

Though he did feel relieved when he heard Arthur say nothing about them and he smiled somewhat.

Lovino was about to argue back but Ludwig just gave Lovino a stern stare, making the Italian man shiver somewhat.

"Whatever. Dammit," He mumbled under his breath as he headed away from of them, sulking a bit.

Alfred just sighed and he looked over at Arthur, soon taking a sip from his drink.

"What was that all about?"

-----

"I fired him and made sure he wouldn't be able to come back," Arthur said bluntly, flippantly as though he couldn't care less. "He wanted too much money for the little profit that he was generating and was a complete and utter bastard."

He patted Alfred on the shoulder.

"Nothing to worry about... is that nice?" he smirked into the rim of his glass, taking another sip.

----

Alfred just let out a soft 'ah' at that and he laughed somewhat.

"Well, I can imagine that." Ludwig just let out an exasperated sigh at that and he just gave a small nod at the two men before leaving them so he could go find Feliciano. Hopefully without running into his angry Italian brother during his search.

Though soon enough Alfred looked down at his drink and his cheeks warmed in embarrassment.

"...Yeah, it's good." He mumbled, taking another tentative sip.

Half of the time he didn't realise that he actually drank rather 'girly' drinks and that he was actually the subject of jokes at times because of these choices. It wasn't his fault that most other alcohol was absolutely disgusting.

------

Arthur chuckled a little and kept his hand on the other's back for a few more moments before pulling away, moving to look at the rest of the party. Much to his joy, he could see Francis making his way over, doubtlessly to have some more wine. He looked at Alfred quickly and pretended not to have noticed the Frenchman.

"Salut," Francis greeted with a smile, not seeming overly interested in the pair.

"Evening," Arthur replied, not pulling his mouth away from his pint glass.

"How are you?" it was obvious Francis was just trying to be polite as, Arthur predicted, he ordered some red wine.

----

Alfred just smiled a bit over at Francis though it wasn't all that enthusiastic.

"Hi there." He soon went back to drinking his cocktail, enjoying the actual flavours of it. If he was going to enjoy this party, at least he was going to enjoy the taste of what he drank.

Even if it didn't mean he would necessarily get all that drunk.

"I'm fine. Thanks. What about you?" Alfred was a bit more clipped when he spoke with Francis and though he didn't think too badly of the other, he wasn't all that close with him either.

------

Francis noted Alfred's tone but ignored it, choosing to be pleasant.

"Pas mal," he shrugged with one shoulder. "Et Arthur?"

"Not bad either," Arthur replied quickly, feeling the need to get out of the situation. He could handle them one at a time but both together was just awkward as hell. "Um, I think that, uh... Gilbert is calling me over. Um. Yeah. Bye." He hurried away, drink in hand (though there wasn't much left of it).

Francis smiled silkily across at Alfred.

"I heard you're engaged. Congratulations."

-----

Alfred nearly let out a whine when Arthur suddenly left though at the same time, he didn't necessarily blame him. After all, it would be kind of awkward to be with your fiancé as well as your ex.

He soon looked back over at Francis and he gave a polite smile.

"Thanks."

He glanced down at the ring on his finger. After he proposed to Arthur and he accepted, they also worked together to get him a ring as well. After all, they were going to be engaged for quite a while.

-----

Francis picked up his wine and sipped at it, tasting it thoughtfully. Upon deeming it good enough to drink, he turned to Alfred and raised his glass to him before taking a longer drink from it.

"Any idea when you will be having the wedding?" he asked. "You will be moving to Florida soon, non? Arthur's staying here."

-----

Alfred raised his glass up as well and he drank from his cocktail again. He raised an eyebrow at the question and he simply shrugged.

"We're not all that certain yet. But yeah, I'll be moving to Florida soon. But Arthur will be waiting until the end of his contract and we'll see how things turn out then with both of our jobs." A part of him still just wanted to stay here and have Arthur keep his job. It was terrible of him to ask Arthur to leave his job after the contract just for him.

He sighed softly, not really wanting to think all that much about it.

-----

Francis just nodded, giving a small smile.

"You will be fine... Antonio and I lived thousands of miles away from each other for almost a year and we're... well, we're doing better than most, uh?" he began to move away from the bar. "I think Gilbert was mentioning something about party games soon. I will see you then," he winked at him and strode away, returning to Antonio.

Arthur was talking to said German, trying to stop him from going over and talking to Elizabeta whilst he was intoxicated.

"But that guy, he's such an ass."

"That might be true, but I don't think that telling her that will do you any favours, Gil."

----

Alfred just sighed a bit though he nodded, smiling somewhat at Francis. At least that gave him some hope, even if it was the French man that was telling him this.

Despite his initial belief, it ended up that Francis wasn't honestly all that bad.

He soon went looking around for Arthur again though he quickly caught sight of Kiku and he brightened up at the sight of him.

"Kiku! Hey!" He soon waved over at the Japanese man and the other went over to him, a polite smile on his lips.

"Alfred, it's nice to see you. Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked and Alfred just laughed.

"Well, Arthur and I just got here."

Kiku just nodded. "Ah, I remember seeing Mr Kirkland over with Gilbert. Maybe you should go check on him?" Alfred laughed and nodded.

"Come with me then."

Soon enough Kiku and Alfred headed towards Arthur and Gilbert.

-----

"You know," Gilbert grinned inanely, wrapping an arm around Arthur's shoulders. "I thought she was a dude. For years. She used to wear really masculine clothes when we were younger and... she... we used to play war games together."

"Right...?" Arthur raised an eyebrow, glancing at Elizabeta, wondering how the hell Gilbert could have ever thought that she was a man with such, um, assets. "I'm afraid that I really don't care, Gilbert. Why don't you get a group together of people that want to play some games or something?"

"Ja, ja... I should."

Arthur was so, so grateful as he saw Alfred and Kiku appear.

-----

Alfred just laughed a bit as he saw Arthur and Gilbert and soon enough he leant forward to press a kiss to his cheek, soon relaxing.

"How are you enjoying the party so far, Arthur?" He asked curiously and Kiku was more than happy just to relax back and enjoy himself for the time being. He wasn't drinking anything but he didn't mind. He was happy enough just being around Alfred. After all, he was one of his closest friends.

Alfred took another sip from his drink, relaxing at the feeling.

-----

"Um..." Arthur leaned into the kiss pressed to his cheek. "I'm not drunk enough yet. That's my opinion." Meaning, too sober to be dealing with Gilbert like this.

Gilbert just pulled away and stumbled off in search of his brother, muttering in German.

Arthur sidled up to Alfred slid his arm around Alfred's waist and cuddled close.

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Kiku. How're you? What are you up to for Christmas?" he and Alfred were going to have a lovely, private Christmas at home together. He was really looking forward to being able to lie around with Alfred for a few days and blame it on Christmas.

-----

Alfred just wrapped his arm back around the other and he sidled closer to him, relaxing against his lover. He couldn't help his dumb smile and he quickly finished up his drink, just holding the empty glass.

Kiku just chuckled softly and he smiled over at Arthur.

"I'm heading back home to Japan for Christmas. I hope you and Alfred enjoy your Christmas together though. What are you two doing for it?"

------

Each other.

"We're probably just going to enjoy it together... it'll be our last couple of weeks here together in New York." Arthur's expression fell slightly at the realisation. They had next to no time at all together now. At least they'd taken lots of photographs and videos together. He had to admit that he'd taken a couple without Alfred knowing - like of the other asleep or just playing on his games console. Even his irritating habits, like being unable to make tea, he was going to miss.

He leaned against Alfred's side, trying to distract himself from the thought of it. He didn't know how he was going to get by without him.

"Matthew and Katyusha were going to stay with us, but I've decided to be selfish this year and ask for it to just be the two of us. This is sort of like Alfred's last 'formal' social... though you're welcome to come and visit. You know that. I just mean people like, uh, Ludwig."

----

Kiku gave an understanding smile and he just nodded in sympathy."

"It's alright, Arthur. I understand. I'm sure that you two will have a lovely Christmas. Enjoy it." With a bow of his head, he soon headed off to grab a drink and soon Matthew caught sight of Alfred and Arthur.

He sighed in relief and soon headed towards him.

"There you two are. I heard that Lovino or someone like that was bothering you two." He smiled over at Arthur. "How are you, Arthur?"

-----

As Kiku left, Arthur looked up at his fiancé and contemplated kissing him. He was going to miss him so much. He didn't get a chance though as Matthew came over. Instead, he just held on to the other a little tighter.

"It was Lovino," Arthur rolled his eyes but soon returned Matthew's smile. "I'm fine, thank you. And yourself? How's Katyusha doing?"

He wanted another drink to get this all over with as quickly as possible. Though, at least he was only talking to people he liked now, rather than people he didn't.

-----

Alfred snorted at that and Matthew simply gave him his small smile.

"Thank you. I'm doing fine. And Katyusha is doing fine also though she's been sick a lot recently. The baby is healthy still though."

Alfred looked somewhat relieved at that and he just rested his head against his fiancé. Matthew looked between the both of them.

"Oh yeah! Congratulations on your engagement, you two!"

-----

"I'm glad to hear that," Arthur said politely, trying his hardest not to get all cuddly with Alfred in public, despite how tempting it was. "This one," he gestured with his eyes at Alfred, "will not stop talking about being an uncle. He's so excited."

He smiled genuinely at that.

"Thanks... wait, Alfred, when did you tell your mother?" Arthur had yet to tell his own family.

-----

Alfred just laughed in embarrassment at that and Matthew simply looked at him with amusement.

"Really now?" He chuckled. "Well, to be fair, once you two marry, you'll be an uncle as well, Arthur."

Alfred smiled widely at the thought and he nodded. "Yeah...he would." He soon looked back at Arthur as he asked the question and he thought back on when he told his mother.

"Hmmm...right after we got back to New York from the Virgin Islands. She was really excited, y'anno."

-----

Arthur was surprised by that, having not expected that at all. He felt quite flattered, though. He blinked a few times, gawking across at him.

"Really?" he hadn't even considered it as a possibility. But it was nice. It made his stomach feel all warm and floaty. "I... I suppose that I will be," he smiled down at the ground.

He just tsked as Alfred said as much.

"You should have told me that, you lummox." He wasn't annoyed though.

-----

Matthew laughed.

"Yeah, you will. You'll officially be part of the family once you marry Alfred. It's a really small family but I hope you don't mind that."

Alfred just grinned widely at the thought of it and it was definitely an amazing thought to think of. To think that Arthur would be his husband soon enough...this man that he loved so much.

He just barked out a laugh at that though.

"Sorry, sorry. Though what the hell is a lummox anyway?"

-----

Arthur blushed and nodded his head. It would be nice to be considered a part of the Jones family. A warm-hearted, loving family that accepted Alfred and Arthur's relationship without a second thought.

He rolled his eyes at his lover but reached up to kiss his cheek.

"That's for me to know and you to wonder," he pecked him again before being drawn to Gilbert's shouts about playing 'Never Have I Ever'. "I should probably indulge him," Arthur sighed, looking across at the German. "He's finding it hard to see Roderich and Elizabeta together..."

-----

Alfred definitely wanted to have Arthur be a part of his family and while he knew that Arthur's family wouldn't necessarily approve of him, he didn't care. As long as he had his fiancé, then that was fine with him. They could be happy together as a small family.

He laughed at that, looking over at Gilbert and he just sighed, shaking his head somewhat.

"I'll play with you. What about you Matt? You should play also."

Matthew hesitated at that before shrugging.

"Sure, I'll play."

Alfred grinned at that and he soon started to pull Arthur along with him towards the people who were starting to gather for the game.

-----

Gilbert was ushering everyone to take a drink from the table in the middle; a table filled with shot glasses, containing a clear alcohol that Arthur immediately recognised as vodka. He cringed. He was too old for this shit.

"Everyone has played before, ja?"

Feliciano settled beside Ludwig, looking a little uncomfortable at the possibility of playing the game. He held on to his lovers arm and muttered something in Italian.

Francis stood between Antonio and Arthur, leaning more towards the Spaniard. Arthur noted that he looked as confident as ever, probably looking forward to showing off his sexual prowess in front of everyone else.

"The questions won't be too weird, will they?" Feliciano laughed nervously, which resulted in the German giving a predatory smile as he glanced between Feli and Ludwig.

"We'll have to see, uh? Kiku, you go first."

-----

Alfred just stood next to Arthur and Matthew while Matthew just fidgeted awkwardly. He was embarrassed that he probably wouldn't have done most of the things that other people have done. Especially compared to his brother and Arthur.

He wasn't all that keen to learn about what they did nonetheless. He also noticed that Ludwig looked rather uncomfortable.

Kiku jumped a bit at that, looking uncertain before nodding.

"Um, never have I ever um..." He paused, biting his lip as he thought. "...done drugs."

Matthew hesitated at that and he huffed before finally grabbing a drink and gulping it down.

-----

Arthur and Francis took a drink, both sharing a look. Though Arthur was mildly surprised when he saw Matthew take a drink.

"Ah..." Feliciano hesitated, looking nervous. "Never have I ever woken up in a different place to where I went to sleep."

Gilbert drank.

-----

Alfred didn't look at all surprised when he saw Matthew take a drink and he just couldn't help but snort to himself at that. He smirked over at Matthew.

"Still enjoying the weed?" He asked, obviously taunting. Matthew reddened in embarrassment and he huffed.

Alfred took a drink when he heard that. Soon it was Ludwig's turn and he couldn't help wonder about it for a while.

"Never have I ever been late for work."

Alfred took a rather large drink at that as well as Antonio.

-----

Feliciano, Francis and Gilbert took a long drink. The Italian man giggled anxiously.

-----

Ludwig furrowed his eyebrows at that, obviously disapproving of those who drank though to be quite honest, he wasn't really all that surprised.

He just sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Antonio soon noticed it was his turn and he gave a wide smile.

"Ah! Hm...never have I ever been arrested for speeding!"

Alfred simply smirked behind the rim of his glass and Matthew rolled his eyes at that. Natalia took a drink.

----

Arthur glared at his fiancé.

Feliciano took a drink, shifting from foot to foot. He didn't want Ludwig to not like him anymore for all of this. Not that he would automatically stop liking him... considering all of the things he did for the other.

"C'est ma tourne?" Francis asked before clearing his throat. He smirked devilishly as an idea struck him. "Never have I ever," he started, accent thick, "watched other people have sex in front of me."

Gilbert guffawed.

Arthur went the colour of a tomato and drank, receiving a curious look from Feliciano.

-----

Alfred couldn't help but frown at that as he saw Arthur drink and he quirked an eyebrow at that.

Though he couldn't help but wonder when the hell Arthur did that. No one else seemed to drink though and he just continued on gazing over at the other, obviously confused. Of course he wasn't going to get upset about it. After all, it was probably a rather long time ago.

Instead he just smiled, slightly nudging the other. "Your turn."

-----

Arthur glowered at the smug Frenchman before trying to regain some sort of eloquence. He cleared his throat.

"Never have I ever dressed in drag," he sneered across at Francis, who took a grudging drink, muttering in French.

Gilbert seemed to enjoy the idea of that and wolf-whistled.

-----

Alfred laughed at Francis when he heard the other's words though soon he felt his brother nudge him and he glanced over at him. Matthew just gave him the look and Alfred reddened in embarrassment at that.

He soon took a drink as well.

Natalia just smirked at the thought, her eyes brightening as certain ideas started to flit through her head.

Alfred coughed somewhat awkwardly.

"Um, never have I ever...uh...had a threesome before."

-----

Arthur gawked at that, trying to picture what Alfred would look like in a dress. Weird, was the only thing he could come up with. All of those muscles would strain and tear at the fabric... yeah, it wouldn't look right. He was about to whisper something to Alfred but then he asked the next question and he visibly cringed.

He and, surprisingly, Feliciano took a drink.

-----

Alfred was absolutely embarrassed when he took the drink and he just avoided Arthur's gaze, not wanting to be questioned about it. University was definitely an enlightening experience at times.

He couldn't help but be surprised that Feliciano took a drink though he felt himself get somewhat upset when he saw Arthur drink as well. He let out a soft sigh at that but he didn't try pondering on it for too long.

Matthew soon saw it was his turn and he thought about it.

"Never have I ever...mm...done BDSM."

Alfred's gaze flew over to Ludwig as he took an embarrassed sip from his drink.

-----

Feliciano looked away awkwardly, also taking a drink.

Arthur heard Alfred sigh and simply brushed his fingertips across Alfred's. He'd done a lot of things in the past, not all of it in his right state of mind. He didn't want Alfred to come away from this thinking about all of the things he'd done with other people before meeting Alfred. He glanced up at the other, hoping to see a less sour expression now.

-----

Alfred felt Arthur brush his fingertips across his own and he looked over at him, finally giving him a small yet thankful smile. It was nice to at least have Arthur there with him. His expression softened at that though soon he heard a laugh from Antonio and he saw Lovino look absolutely disgusted from the distance.

Yet soon it was Natalia's turn and she soon gave a smirk over at Alfred.

He felt his stomach go cold.

"Never have I ever...mmm...gone streaking out naked across the street in the midst of winter with chocolate sauce smeared across my nipples."

Her smirk grew wider and Alfred nearly wanted to get up and tackle her.

He took a long drink.

-----

The room was a mixture of confusion and amusement as they laughed at Alfred's expense, even Arthur who was struggling to contain himself.

"Good God," he placed a hand over his mouth, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Kinky," Francis chuckled.

Gilbert waved his arms to get everyone's attention again.

"Never have I ever had sex at my parent's house," he grinned.

Arthur just looked up at Alfred, pink in the cheeks.

-----

Alfred was absolutely embarrassed and he groaned. Matthew was just grinning widely.

"I still have photos of it," He said smugly and Alfred just reached over to slap his brother in the arm, who only laughed in response.

Alfred soon looked over at Arthur, absolutely embarrassed and he swallowed thickly. He took a long drink.

Matthew just shuddered at that, also remembering the time when Arthur came to him in bed thinking that he was Alfred and...oh God...no thank you. Kiku just raised an eyebrow at Matthew's expression and soon he hummed in thought.

"Mm...never have I ever been skinny dipping."

-----

Feliciano drank, seemingly not bothered by that question.

"Never have I ever owned porn," he said proudly. But when everyone gave him a weird look, he quickly became embarrassed.

Arthur, Francis and Gilbert drank. Gilbert smirked across at his brother.

-----

Even Matthew was staring at Feliciano weirdly though Kiku couldn't help but feel somewhat bad for Feliciano.

Though Alfred, Natalia, Kiku and Antonio drank. Ludwig hesitated for a long time, swallowing thickly before taking a long drink.

God, why was his brother smirking at him like that?

Soon he coughed in embarrassment, looking around.

"Never have I ever worn girl's underwear."

Natalia scoffed at that and drank from her drink. Alfred took a sip as well. After all, going in drag meant going all the way.

-----

Arthur tried to picture Alfred in tiny underwear, sans the dress. In stockings and suspenders. That was definitely a nicer image. He smiled secretly, pondering if the other would ever be up for doing that again.

Francis drank, as well, looking across at Antonio as he waited for his turn.

-----

Alfred couldn't help but notice Arthur smile somewhat and he raised an eyebrow at that, rolling his eyes though he laughed in embarrassment. Antonio just took a drink as well, not all that embarrassed about it and he gave Francis a smile.

Though he soon thought of a question.

"Never have I ever been walked in on by a family member."

Alfred nearly choked at that and soon took a drink, obviously wanting to hide in embarrassment. Kiku, no matter how little he actually drank, was already looking rather tipsy.

-----

Arthur blushed and took a drink, looking extraordinarily guilty. Peter had basically seen him and Alfred about to have sex after all. God knows how long he'd been stood there. And his mum, too. Francis took a drink, too.

"Never have I ever," Francis purred, "had sex with someone who has a Prince Albert or otherwise unusual pairing."

Arthur spluttered and swore profusely under his breath before drinking. Francis gawked at him.

"Non! Qui?" he was grinning.

Arthur looked uncomfortable, trying not to look at Alfred.

"Um... do you remember Ben?"

There was a silence before Francis snickered, clearly amused.

"Oh la la."

"Quite."

----

Alfred looked over at Arthur, frowning somewhat and not really liking the conversation that was going on. In fact, it upset him quite a bit and he refused to look over at the other two. He just thumbed at the edge of his glass somewhat awkwardly and Matthew just looked over at Alfred, somewhat confused.

He ran a hand through his hair, just staying quiet and not trying to pay attention and instead waited for Arthur to do his turn.

-----

Arthur wanted to wrap an arm around Alfred but didn't feel like he should, just in case Alfred pulled away. That would be humiliating. This was supposed to be fun, not upsetting. He sighed shakily. He didn't want to be on bad terms with Alfred when they were spending their last few weeks together. He couldn't bring himself to look at Alfred.

"Never have I ever sunbathed naked."

Francis looked across at his Spanish boyfriend and leered, taking a drink. Feliciano quite happily drank, as well.

-----

Alfred wasn't feeling all that comfortable though soon he heard the other and he gave a small quirk of his lips, laughing a bit.

"...Yeah, of course not. You burn too easily." He remembered the time that he drew a penis on Arthur's back. He remembered how angry Arthur was about that but he definitely never regretted it.

Antonio just smiled back at Francis and took a drink as well. Kiku took a rather embarrassed drink, mumbling something about how it was a mistake and it would never be done again.

Alfred soon thought.

"Never have I ever been too drunk to stay awake during sex." He grinned over at Arthur.

Antonio took a drink.
-----

Feliciano stared at his Japanese friend in shock but smiled cheerily.

Arthur nudged Alfred, feigning irritation at that. He still felt uncomfortable, regretting playing the game at all. Particularly when Alfred said what he did. He grumbled incoherently and took a drink.

"Only once," he mumbled.

Feliciano drank and glanced at the German beside him apologetically.

------

Alfred just laughed at that, rolling his eyes and his grin rather wide.

"Still pretty damned funny, to be honest." He smirked over at the other, feeling a bit more comfortable now. Ludwig just sighed a bit and he patted Feliciano on the shoulder comfortingly.

Matthew just snorted, thankful that he never fallen asleep.

"...Never have I ever lost balance during sex."

Alfred reddened at that, nearly spluttering. He looked at everyone, hoping that someone would have lost balance but soon he took an embarrassed sip.

-----

Arthur smirked, feeling victorious that at least he had the flexibility and balance of a ballerina. Even if he had fallen asleep once...

He patted Alfred's arm with a soft laugh. Arthur heard Francis joke in French to Antonio about Alfred not having had enough practice. He decided not to pick up on it and ignored them. Alfred was always enough for him, endearing flaws and all.

-----

Matthew snorted at that, especially when he heard Francis's joke to Antonio and Alfred just huffed over at his brother, obviously knowing that he understood what he said. Though he was happy enough to have Arthur be satisfied and soon he leant over to rest his head on the other's shoulder.

Natalia just thought about it before smiling.

"Never have I ever found clothes in my partner's closet that have clearly never fit them."

Alfred gawked at that.

"You don't have a partner!"

"I know." Natalia just smiled.

Alfred soon let the question sink in and he swallowed thickly before glancing over at Arthur. He took a hesitant sip and soon Matthew took an embarrassed sip as well.

-----

Arthur looked outraged.

"What?!" he frowned, clearly embarrassed as Francis started laughing. "I did fit them!" he almost turned to the Frenchman for support but changed his mind quickly about that. "I bet that I still could!"

Elsewhere in the room, Katyusha had unfortunately glanced over. She huffed and stormed off to talk to Elizabeta and leave the silly men to talk about sex. What did she care? Matthew certainly wouldn't be getting any for a while.

-----

Alfred just barked out a laugh at that.

"Sure, sure. I'm sure you do, I'm sure you do. Though those look way too tight. I mean, I'm surprised your balls haven't fallen off because of them."

Matthew noticed Katyusha and he let out a small whine before hurrying towards his wife to comfort her and explain.

Natalia just grinned smugly, happy that she got revenge on both Matthew and Alfred.

-----

Arthur glanced at Matthew as the other left, fleetingly feeling bad for him before returning to the topic at hand.

"Don't be daft. I'm serious, Alfred. I'm still the same size that I was back then," a slight lie there but he was only a size bigger. He'd still be able to fit them, he was sure. "I'll show you," he grumbled.

Feliciano looked a little un-nerved by whatever it was that Arthur was supposed to have hidden away in his wardrobe.

"Anyway... never have I ever," Gilbert started, "woken people up by being too loud during sex."

Feliciano drank. Arthur tried to avoid Francis' gaze as the other drank, looking at Alfred instead as he took his, cheeks pink.

-----

Alfred just snorted at that and he just grinned somewhat wolfishly over at Arthur.

"Then show me later. I bet you that you won't be able to fit in them."

Kiku looked obviously interested at what Arthur and Alfred were talking about though he also looked rather flushed as well and extremely red in the face. Alfred could tell that he was getting rather drunk as well.

Alfred looked back at Arthur as well, taking a drink and his own cheeks pink.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 am

"I will," Arthur huffed.

Francis rolled his eyes, leaning across to his own lover to whisper something that Arthur didn't quite catch, though he was sure that it was probably something about what they were going to do later, rather than Alfred and Arthur.

He couldn't help but notice the way Kiku's face lit up and blushed a little. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Christ. Sometimes it seemed as though everyone just wanted a piece... as vain as that was to think. He looked at the Japanese man expectantly.

-----

Antonio just smiled as he heard Francis and he soon leant over to nuzzle the man, rather happy with those words that were whispered.

Kiku quickly jumped at that and he thought about the question, obviously rather drunk now as he swayed in his spot.

"Um...ano...never have I ever had done anything with anyone in the work place."

Alfred's eyes widened at that and he fidgeted uncomfortably, soon taking a drink. He could feel Ludwig's stare directed at him and Arthur.

------

Arthur coughed awkwardly and also had a drink. Gilbert squawked.

"Nein! Nein! Mein Gott!" he looked somewhere between disgusted and annoyed. "Mein Gott," he repeated, breaking into laughter. "Nein, nein, nein...!"

Francis looked quite impressed.

"Never have I ever had sex outside," Feli said with a nod.

Arthur and Francis drank. Gilbert was beginning to feel as though he didn't have much of a sex life in comparison to everyone else.

-----

Alfred reddened at that and he coughed and he could still feel Ludwig's stare on him.

God...that was so damned embarrassing. He was definitely starting to get drunk though. Antonio drank as well, not seeming all that bothered about it. Lovino made a sound of disgust from the distance and nearly squawked.

Alfred just shifted around, drinking from his drink. Vivid memories flitted through his mind.

Ludwig soon thought of his question.

"Never have I ever had an addiction."

Kiku looked absolutely guilty and under pressure and he soon drank.

-----

Arthur stilled, and looked uncomfortable before taking a drink. Feliciano looked at him questioningly.

"Uh, smoking," he half-lied.

"And you, Kiku?" Feliciano asked curiously.

Arthur sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he tried not to think about it too much.

-----

Alfred just rubbed Arthur's back gently, trying to be comforting. Kiku looked over at Feliciano, looking like he was about to crumble from all the pressure.

"A-Ah..." He mumbled under his breath and Alfred raised his eyebrow.

"Speak up, Kiku."

"...Ano...ah...porn." He covered his face. "Lots of bad..." He started mumbling again.

Antonio just looked at Kiku with some amusement and he laughed, thinking.

"Mmm...never have I ever paid someone for sex."

-----

Gilbert blinked for a few seconds before laughing loudly.

"West can probably sympathise there, huh, bro?" he grinned. Feliciano looked incredibly uncomfortable.

Arthur had, had an inkling that there would be something that Kiku would have some problem like that and so was not that surprised. He leaned into Alfred's touch.

He remained still at Antonio's statement, as did Feli and Francis.

Gilbert drank, somewhat miserable at the thought.

-----

Alfred just coughed awkwardly, not really wanting to think about it. Kiku just looked like he could crawl into a hole and deteriorate right in there.

He couldn't help but glance at the other people though and he soon saw Natalia drink rather easily, scoffing at how the other men looked so damned hesitant.

Men.

-----

Francis soon smirked after a few moments of thinking.

"Never have I ever pleasured two gentlemen at the same time," he looked across at Arthur, who paled visibly.

Hesitantly, Arthur took a drink, looking quite ashamed of himself.

-----

Alfred was doing rather well though hearing that, he looked almost a bit helplessly over at Arthur. He knew that he couldn't help Arthur's past but he was still rather upset about it all.

"...I'm feeling a bit sick from my drink. I'm gonna take a breather outside."

He gave a hesitant laugh and soon stood up, quickly hurrying out of the building. Matthew nearly reached out for him as he saw Alfred hurry past him but he bit his lip, holding himself back.

-----

Arthur turned as Alfred left.

"Alfred," he called out weakly, knowing it was useless. He watched the other slip away and knew that he should give him some time to himself. Maybe... maybe Alfred wouldn't want to marry him anymore? He'd probably be better off without someone like Arthur around. Someone that spent three years as high as a kite, sleeping around. He swallowed thickly and was still for a few moments.

Feliciano looked as though he wanted to come and give him a hug. It was all incredibly awkward all of a sudden.

Francis didn't look at all fazed and it pissed Arthur off beyond belief. He suddenly felt anger swell in his gut and stormed across to the Frenchman, balling a fist. He raised his arm back to hit him but Francis caught his arm before he could deliver the blow.

Gilbert stumbled across and pulled Arthur back, who just struggled away and headed for the bar.

"Well, game over," Gilbert shrugged, looking at the Frenchman irritably. Though he soon looked interested. "Kirkland seriously used to...?"

"He was a very dirty boy," Francis clarified, taking a sip from his drink.

-----

Antonio didn't seem to mind about what Francis was speaking about, knowing that there wasn't anything that he could do about Francis's past or his relationship with Arthur before. After all, he had been with quite a few people himself.

Natalia just shrugged though she didn't look all too delighted to see Alfred so upset. Though her overall expression was rather unreadable. Kiku just wobbled a bit as he stood up and he went to get more drinks, looking rather drunk and Ludwig sighed.

Alfred just grabbed his coat and headed outside, not really enjoying the biting air and the snow that was falling. He never really liked the winter cold. But he was upset and he just needed some air for the time being. He didn't know why he was so upset but it made him upset nonetheless. After all, it was terrible thinking of Arthur like that...to think of all the things that he had done.

-----

Arthur was pretty miserable at the bar. Even Kiku stumbling about was no light relief. He held his head in his hand as he thought about all of the things that he'd done in his youth. He'd done so, so many terrible things. After Francis had left him, he'd delved into a realm where he barely knew what he was doing anymore. There were so many people that he'd slept with that he didn't know the names of and never spoke to again. So many backstreet romps after clubbing. It made him feel sick at the danger he'd put himself in at times and how little he had cared about himself to let himself do those things.

He and Francis had been doomed ever since drugs got involved. Arthur had been drawn into situations that he would have never been involved with, had he not been high. He didn't even want to think about all of the ways that Francis had tried to make him jealous and bring some life to him. It was no wonder that Francis had left, really. Arthur had been a vegetable for days at a time. It really was a miracle that he was still alive.

It was around five piss-tasting beers later that he broke down into tears and started sobbing. He was going to lose Alfred soon and he didn't know how he was going to cope with it. He loved him so much that it was difficult to imagine his life without him. It was going to be so strange and so hard. He didn't know how he'd live without him.

The American might as well have just ended it to spare them both the pain, he thought bitterly. Though Arthur honestly hoped that wouldn't happen. He cried harder at the idea.

The bartender just looked on awkwardly, unsure what to do.

-----

Matthew just looked over at Arthur, feeling rather terrible now that Arthur was actually crying. He was supposed to be future family so he felt that it was up to him to help the other out. He soon stood up, patting Katyusha on the shoulder before quickly hurrying over to Arthur.

"Arthur?" He murmured, sighing a bit.

"You should go and see Alfred. He needs you right now, you know. More than you think he does. He'll probably freeze to death out there if you don't fetch him soon."

-----

Arthur tensed as he heard someone approach, not relaxing at all when it turned out to be Matthew. He shook his head.

"He's better off without me. He deserves so much more than broken goods. That's all I am." He hid his face from the other.

-----

Matthew sighed a bit and he took a seat next to the other.

"Arthur, you can't help what you did in the past and you didn't know that you would have a future like this." He placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Alfred wouldn't leave you for that. I'm sure that he wouldn't have asked you to marry him if he would let something like your past get in the way of how he feels about you. I'm sure he's sad about it but you should talk it out with him instead of sitting here alone and wallowing in your own thoughts. Alfred will only grow more miserable the longer you're away, you know."

-----

Arthur shuddered out another sob and slowly looked up at Matthew, wiping his eyes as he tried to stop crying.

"But he's leaving me, Matthew. He's going thousands of miles away. I don't..." he croaked. "I don't think I'll be able to handle the distance. I want him to do what he's always dreamed of but I... it just hurts so much. I love him more than I thought was ever possible but he..."

-----

Matthew went over to hug him and he sighed again.

"I know you do, Arthur. I know you do. I know he'll still love you no matter the distance and I know you know this as well." He soon pulled away and he looked at him.

"...You should go to Alfred and talk to him about this. He needs it right now and you do too. Please, Arthur. These are your last few weeks together and you need to get all those negative feelings out before he leaves."

-----

Arthur appreciated the hug in his drunken state, not really caring that it was Matthew. He just stared at him blearily, eyes swollen and red.

He finally nodded and scooted out of his seat. He was unbalanced on his feet as he made his way out of the building to find Alfred. He had to hold on to the wall outside to help steady himself. It was cold, though he could barely feel it in his drink-numbed state.

"Alfred?" he couldn't see him. Had he left? "Alfred?" he said more frantically, stumbling forwards. "Alfred?!"

-----

Alfred hadn't expected Arthur to actually come out of the building considering how much time had passed and to be quite honest, he was absolutely freezing outside. He had definitely sobered enough out in the cold though and soon he looked over at the entrance when he heard Arthur's voice.

He bit his lip, pulling his jacket more over himself.

"...I'm over here, Arthur."

-----

Arthur only felt a slight sense of relief as he heard his fiancé's voice. He headed in the direction the sound had come from until he found him. He hadn't bothered to put on a coat or anything. He hadn't even thought about it.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I was such... I was such a whore," he hiccupped slightly. "I was so lost and I didn't know what I was doing most of the time. I was so high. I'm sorry, Alfred. I'm so, so sorry." He felt like he could cry again. Damn alcohol. "I can... if you'd rather, you can just... you can forget about me. I won't... I won't stop you from making a new life in Florida. If you find someone that you..." he couldn't say it, working himself up to be in quite a state, "I won't stop you. I don't want to embarrass you anymore."

He was babbling, clearly and not thinking through everything that he was saying, but it was all honest.

-----

Alfred couldn't help but look over at Arthur, biting his lip when he heard the other. God...did he really think that? Of course he wasn't all that happy about what Arthur did in his past but at the same time...he loved the man. More than anyone else in the world.

He soon stepped forward to pull the other into a close hug, just nuzzling close to him.

He could feel his eyes water a bit as he replayed the other's words in his head.

"Don't be dumb..." He mumbled. "I...I wanted to marry you because you're the man that I loved no matter what. ...No matter your past. ...I don't ever wanna forget about you or leave you. I would rather have you over my own job, any day."

So much of him didn't want to leave to Florida anymore...not when he had Arthur here. It was too painful.

-----

Arthur was still in Alfred's arms for a moment before wrapping his arms around the other. He was cold now and Alfred was warm, always warm and sunny and everything Arthur had dreamed of. He buried his face in the other's jacket, shivering slightly.

"I just love you so much. I only want you to be happy. That's all I want. That's all I care about. And you have to follow your dreams, fucking moron..." he mumbled, slurring. He really was drunk. "I'm going to miss you... please forgive me for those things I did," he shook in the other's embrace, about to break down again. "I want you. That's all. I want you. I... I love you."

He clutched at the fabric of Alfred's clothes, trying to draw him closer.

"Fucking hate Francis. Fucking dick. He's just fucking jealous that I'm happier than he is."

-----

Alfred just closed his eyes and burrowed his face against the other's hair. He could feel how cold Arthur was and so he just pulled him closer in the hug so he could keep him warm. He felt himself choke up a bit at that.

"I love you too, Arthur... It's not up to me to forgive you. I didn't even know you back then." He give a small smile. "...I want you too." He sniffed at that. "So much...I wish I didn't have to go all the way to Florida. I really want to be here with you instead."

He smoothed his hand over Arthur's back, sniffing again.

"I just want to make you happy."

-----

Arthur was such a mess, beginning to cry into Alfred's jacket. He tried not to make it too obvious, though being as drunk as he was, he wasn't very good at being subtle.

Alfred was too good for him, to him. He deserved so much more. He should have someone that didn't make him feel bad about the past. He sighed shakily, wondering how stupid the two of them looked out there in the cold, holding each other.

He soon pulled away from Alfred, sniffling. He wiped at his eyes, apologising quietly.

"Idiot," he said, affectionately. "I was so worried that you..."

-----

Alfred just gave him a small smile and he ran his hand through Arthur's hair.

"...I'm sorry about that. I'm just really dumb..." He admitted somewhat lamely. "I just...I just get really jealous easily and I just don't like thinking about what you've been through...you know."

He let out a shuddered sigh, wiping Arthur's eyes with his finger before leaning down to kiss him for a long moment.

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

-----

Arthur shivered, cold from the winter air and his lack of layers. He let Alfred dry his eyes, not flinching at all; he trusted him. He returned the kiss and cupped the other's face in his hands, pulling him in for another kiss.

"I'm sorry, too." Kiss. "I love you."

-----

Alfred gave a small smile at that, kissing him back again before pulling away, pressing their foreheads gently together.

"I love you too…" He pecked his lips again before closing his eyes.

"We should head inside…it's getting really cold out here."

Especially since he had been out for so long.

----

Arthur nodded and nuzzled the other quickly, though his desire for warmth was greater than that of his desire to cuddle Alfred.

"Okay," he murmured in agreement and turned to lead them back inside of the building. But he stumbled. Quite a lot. He had to hold on to the wall to steady himself. It seemed that the cold hadn't sobered him up at all.

He cursed beneath his breath.

-----

Alfred saw how Arthur stumbled and he sighed a bit though a fond smile was still on his lips.

Soon enough he went over to his fiancé and reached down so he could pick him up easily in his arms. Thankfully Arthur was rather light and he grinned down at his lover as he held him bridal style.

"There we go." He soon headed into the building.

-----

Arthur protested at first, squirming a little - but it was just for show. He soon settled and wrapped his arms around Alfred's neck. He scowled, but he was secretly quite grateful for the help. He turned to Alfred and pecked him on the cheek quickly.

"Berk," he muttered fondly. Arthur held on to him tightly, cuddling up to him as he was carried inside. He was, as per usual, left to marvel at Alfred's strength. He buried his face in the crook of Alfred's neck.

Feliciano looked relieved when he saw them come inside and waved at them. Though he soon started to cringe at the loud racket coming from the karaoke going on.

-----

Alfred was grateful that Arthur wasn't protesting too much when he picked him up though he supposed that he was a bit too drunk to really care about it. He was more than happy to have the other cuddle up to him for the time being. It was rather comfortable nonetheless and it just made him remember that Arthur loved him, despite his past. That he was still worthy of his love even after all he had been through and all of his experiences…that he would actually settle for someone like him.

"Mm, your berk nonetheless." Whatever a berk actually was. He could guess from the context that it was used in though.

Soon enough they got inside where the party is and he frowned as he heard one of the most ear grating sounds he had ever heard in his life.

There at the front near the karaoke machine was Kiku, flushed red and obviously drunk, with a microphone in one hand and his shirt in the other.

"DON'T STOP BERIEVING. HOLD ON TO THE FEERIN'." Alfred grimaced and he soon saw Ludwig head towards the stage as well. Matthew looked rather dreadful and Natalia seemed to have left off to somewhere.

-----

Arthur was starting to kiss Alfred's neck by the time that Kiku had reached the chorus. He looked up from his task and arched an eyebrow. He was only mortified for a few seconds before he started laughing, light and airy. He would definitely have to remember to take Kiku out drinking sometime - the guy was clearly a lot more fun when he'd had a few. He nuzzled Alfred's neck and soon realised that there were actually people around now.

He wriggled in his grasp, trying to get him to put him down.

"Want another drink," he told him.

Feliciano rushed forwards, trying to stop Ludwig.

-----

Alfred groaned softly when Arthur began to kiss his neck and he shuddered but soon he put the other down, nodding.

"Mm, okay, okay. I'm going with you. I need a drink or two as well." He didn't care about the people that had been looking at them and instead he went towards the bar with Arthur.

Kiku and Ludwig seemed to be having fun and Antonio had already gone out onto the dance floor so he could start dancing, pulling Francis along with him.

Lovino looked rather mortified by everything, especially as Ludwig started singing (in a rather scary manner nonetheless) and Antonio began dancing.

------

Vash stared at his co-workers in horror. They were all terrible, terrible people, clearly. Ridiculous idiots. And he would have nothing to do with it. He was going to leave whilst he still had a chance.

Feliciano cringed, talking very quickly in Italian to try and stop them. He was so embarrassed!

Arthur ordered himself a drink, sitting at the bar. He smirked across at his lover, anticipating that he would soon see a colourful and fruity drink put in front of him.

"Everyone in Florida is going to know you're gay," he told him, smug.

-----

Alfred huffed as he took a sip from his rather fruity drink and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not gay. I'm more bisexual, you know," He mumbled against the rim of his glass, obviously embarrassed as Arthur taunted him for his drink.

"Plus, I am marrying a guy after all." He smiled at that, laughing a bit.

Though he knew that it wouldn't necessarily be acceptable in a place so far down in the south such as Florida. But he couldn't really bring himself to care.

"Your drink tastes disgusting anyway."

-----

"Gay," Arthur said bluntly, smirking as he took a drink from his glass. He was relieved that the mood between them had changed since earlier. He put down his glass with a shrug.

"You're smart, attractive, muscular and have nice hair. My darling, you are the epitome of homosexuality," he was obviously teasing him, letting him know by rubbing the back of Alfred's hand with his thumb.

"Cheers. That means more for me." He took a long swig. "Sure you don't want to try some?"

-----

Alfred rolled his eyes and he scoffed.

"Not nearly as gay as you." He reddened though, taking another sip from his cup. "I'm not the epitome of homosexuality! I'm perfectly bisexual!" Though despite that, he relaxed considering that Arthur was rubbing the back of his hand.

He grimaced at that and he looked at the cup before grumbling under his breath and grabbing the cup.

"Let me try some."

He soon took a sip, grimacing even more before handing the cup over.

-----

"It's okay, you don't have to prove anything. You're right. I am more gay than you. Gay as a hatter, and it's wonderful, let me tell you."

Arthur just grinned, finding it amusing how worked up Alfred was getting. He took the glass back and laughed at his reaction.

He leaned across to Alfred and pecked him on the cheek.

"You're so cute sometimes," he mumbled absently, not really meaning to say it out loud.

-----

Alfred snorted at that though he smiled.

"Gay as a hatter, huh? Probably as mad as one also." Despite that, he leant over to peck Arthur's cheek as well.

To be quite honest, he probably wasn't really all that gay even. After all, the only man he ever felt any real attraction to was Arthur though he did fleetingly appreciate other men when they passed by before. But he was glad that he was with him nonetheless.

"Mmm, not cute. Men aren't cute." With the exception of Arthur of course.

------

"Mean," Arthur rolled his eyes, taking a drink from his pint glass.

Arthur was the total opposite. He'd never had any luck with girls whatsoever. He'd known early on in his teens that he was gay and hadn't tried to deny it, only feeling the slightest of remorse at the idea.

He flushed upon the realisation that he'd voiced his thoughts. He looked across at Alfred and smirked though.

"That's my line… turning into a grumpy old man now, hmm? Replacing me." He scooted closer to Alfred, trailing his lips over the other's cheekbone, across to his ear.

"Is sexy better?" he purred.

-----

Alfred laughed and he took another sip from his cocktail and he soon placed it down after he drank half of it down.

He was more than happy though to scoot closer to Arthur, quirking an eyebrow in amusement.

"Mmm, guess we're switching spots now." He chuckled though he soon leant closer to the other, obviously enjoying the attention to his cheekbone and ear. He could even forget about the absolutely terrible singing in the background of it all.

"…You think I'm sexy?" He asked with a playful grin.

------

"Who wouldn't?" Arthur nipped at Alfred's earlobe playfully. "Meaning, yes. Very sexy," he slurred.

He slid an arm around Alfred's neck, leaning on him slightly. He turned his head away to drink more of his pint though.

"Mm, I want to sing," he glanced at the stage. "They're shit."

-----

Alfred laughed at that and he wrapped an arm around Arthur's waist, just holding him close for the time being.

"Mmm…then go up and sing." He was pretty certain that Arthur would at least be better than the other two that were up and singing.

"Though do you think you're sober enough to sing well?" He teased with a small grin.

------

"Fuck you," Arthur grumbled, though he nuzzled him. "I don't know what to sing," he whined a little, eyes closing halfway as he leaned more on to Alfred.

"What do you like to hear me sing?"

------

Alfred smiled and he licked his own lips, just tasting the cocktail that lingered on his lips.

"How about Paint It Black or something like that? Do you like that song?" He asked curiously, turning his gaze towards him though he nuzzled him back.

------

Arthur was quiet for a few moments, brow furrowed in thought. He soon nodded.

"Yes… no, I… yes."

He started to look determined.

"I'll sing it. Yes… I mean, I… well… I'm just going to do it." He downed the rest of his drink and wriggled off of his chair, turning to kiss Alfred quickly. "Wish me luck."

-----

Alfred laughed a bit and he leant forward to kiss Arthur back quickly though he soon pulled away.

"You don't need luck, darlin'. You have skill." He laughed and soon sat in his chair, taking a sip from his drink as he watched the other go up.

-----

Arthur winked at the other and wobbled his way over to where people were in charge of the karaoke.

Katyusha had seen the scene unfold, having been lingering at the side, trying to keep out of the way of the drunkards.

She placed a hand on Alfred's shoulder to get his attention.

"Is that really a good idea?" she raised her eyebrows, looking somewhat concerned. "I don't think that he should have anymore to drink, брат."

-----

Alfred just looked over at Katyusha and he gave a hesitant smile.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's had more before and he handles his alcohol alright. But I'm keeping an eye on him. I don't wanna keep him away from singing though."

He looked back at the stage, relaxing a bit.

"Are you alright? I hope you're not feeling too awkward here."

------

Katyusha hummed, seeming to relax slightly at that. She'd trust Alfred… though she was pretty sure that she and Matthew were going to have to give them a lift home now.

"Not at all," she beamed. "It's not too bad. I have Natalia with me… and Matthew, too. I feel fine," she rubbed her swollen stomach for effect. "The children are fine, too," she smiled. "Matthew mentioned that you're excited about being an uncle."

------

Alfred laughed a bit and he nodded.

"That's good at least." He could see that she had twins at the very least. He really did love children and being able to help with two of them would be amazing for him. Though at the same time, he didn't want to be so far from them all the way down in the south of the US.

"Yeah. I'm really excited. I'm sure Arthur is happy about it as well."

Thinking about Arthur…where was he?

-----

Katyusha smiled and squeezed his shoulder a bit before leaning back against the bar. Her back was aching. Again.

"You'll make great uncles," she told him cheerily.

Arthur ushered Kiku and Ludwig away from the microphone and held it in his hands, on its stand. Francis let out a loud laugh and Feliciano jut looked relieved that Ludwig wasn't on the stage making a fool of himself anymore.

Arthur shouted at Francis, threatening to kick him in the gut, though the Frenchman didn't seem to care.

Katyusha grimaced as she saw Arthur preparing to sing as the music started.

-----

Alfred just laughed at that and he leant back against the bar as well.

"Thanks." He chuckled. He ran a hand through his hair, looking over at Arthur and watching expectantly.

Unlike everyone else in the bar, he didn't look all that scared and he could see that in the distance that Matthew was looking rather worried now. They shared a look and Alfred could easily tell that his brother was asking if this was really a good idea for Arthur to be getting up there.

-----

Arthur smirked across at Alfred knowingly. He licked his lips, ready to sing.

"I see a red door and I want to paint it black," he sung easily. There were some shocked expressions in the room and Arthur just thrived on it. He continued, looking across the room, trying to be somewhat seductive with his gaze. He just looked smug. Really, really smug.

He pulled the microphone its stand and held it to his lips, thoroughly enjoying this. He would have liked to have been a singer, once upon a time. He was too old now. Didn't know any musicians. End of, really.

-----

Alfred knew how much Arthur loved singing and to be quite honest, he was a lovely singer. And he was still a lovely singer even when he was drunk though he had a feeling that it could go bad rather easily if he wasn't careful. But he just smiled at that and Matthew looked rather surprised as well.

Alfred put his glass down and soon went closer to the front, sitting down at an empty seat so he could just watch his lover.

------

Arthur was really getting into the role of Jagger in front of everyone, enjoying rolling his hips in a way that was supposed to be sexy. He knew that Alfred would like it, at least.

"Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts! It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black!" Arthur picked up the microphone stand, really starting to act like he was a rockstar.

He caught sight of Alfred and his gaze softened, unfortunately coinciding with when the lyrics: "No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue. I could not foresee this thing happening to you…"

Arthur swallowed thickly. That was about him and Alfred, wasn't it…? He felt a whole new surge of emotion overwhelm him. He really was losing him.

"If I look hard enough into the setting sun," he tried to keep a straight face, though he really was looking just at Alfred now, "my love will laugh with me before the morning comes." He tried to smile at the American, though it was a little watery.

------

Alfred looked over at Arthur and his own expression fell at that. He loved Arthur's voice and what he was singing but the lyrics were terribly coincidental. He knew what was going through his fiancé's mind and it was absolutely painful to see his eyes start watering a bit.

He tried to give him an encouraging smile back, wanting to show that he was there for him but he didn't know if it would work.

"I love you," He mouthed, getting more comfortable.

Matthew was able to tell that Arthur wasn't nearly as confident as he was just a few moments ago.

He couldn't help but wonder why.

-----

Arthur couldn't look at him anymore, and turned away. He wouldn't have the American there to say that anymore. He'd have to look at him through a screen, unable to touch him and hold him. He wouldn't be able to make him hot chocolate when he'd had a rough day…. and Alfred would be there to cuddle Arthur when he was grumpy to make him happy again.

"I see a red door and I want it painted black… no colours anymore, I want them to turn black," Arthur swallowed thickly.

Francis stopped dancing with Antonio, kind of wanting to take the attention away from Arthur so that he could go and sob, which was clearly what he wanted to do.

Arthur seemed to gain new vigour.

"I wanna' see it painted black, painted black… Black as night! Black as coal!" He wasn't so much singing now as shouting, starting to sound more like Ludwig's 'singing'.

"Painted, painted, painted, painted black…" he couldn't keep it up for the humming and put the microphone back in its stand before running off.

He did receive a brief round of applause though. Katyusha thought that he was just feeling sick or something.

-----

Alfred frowned at that and he just watched Arthur as he slowly broke down. Though he soon watched as the other quickly ran off and he quickly ran after Arthur, obviously worried now.

He didn't care about anyone else at the moment and instead he just tried to follow the other as quickly as possible.

"Arthur…!"

Matthew frowned when he saw the two run off and sighed a bit, rubbing Katyusha's shoulder gently.

------

"He shouldn't drink so much," Katyusha said to Matthew, disapproving.

Arthur went to the mens room, where he splashed his face with water from the sink. He felt really, really sick. He didn't want to cry again. He wanted to be fucking happy. He was such a basket case of emotions right now. It was almost as though he had some sort of emotional problem or something.

------

Alfred soon went into the mens room as well and he sighed as he saw his fiancé. He walked over to him, soon placing a gentle hand on his shoulder as he looked at his lover with concern.

"Arthur…" He frowned a bit, gently rubbing at the other's back.

-----

Arthur heard someone enter the room and only looked up when they touched him. He recognised the voice immediately. He flung his arms around Alfred, holding him tightly. He didn't want to tell him why he'd freaked out like that, just in case the other changed his mind about going to Florida. He wanted him to go and achieve his dreams. He didn't want to hold him back.

But he was going to miss him.

------

Alfred wrapped his arms around Arthur and he nuzzled against him, obviously concerned.

"What happened?" He asked softly, just holding him close. He didn't want to pull away just yet.

He knew that not everything was alright. Something went wrong and he didn't really know what exactly went wrong, especially when everything seemed fine beforehand.

-----

Arthur shook his head, still holding on to the other just as tightly, as though he wasn't going to let go.

"Nothing. Nothing." It was obvious that he was lying but he didn't really want to talk about it. "Just let me… just shut up for a minute."

He took in the other's scent, enjoying his warmth and closeness for what felt like would be the last time.

-----

Alfred just sighed at that and held him closer, deciding not to question him about it. It was obvious that Arthur didn't want to talk about it so he would respect that nonetheless.

He just wanted to hold him close for the time being. He just wished he knew what was wrong though he had a feeling that he knew.

Especially considering that when Arthur started to break down, he was looking directly at him.

"I love you," He whispered, nuzzling close to him.

-----

"I love you too," Arthur replied brokenly.

There was a cough from behind them and Arthur chose not to move or let go of Alfred.

"Uhh… mi scusi, we're about to do secret Santa… I won't tell Ludwig but, ah, please come out soon? Not together, please?" Feliciano toddled back out of the room.

Arthur heaved a sigh and slowly pulled away, looking at Alfred seriously for a moment before he let go and walked past him, out of the restroom.

-----

Alfred sighed at that as well and he already missed Arthur being near him but instead he let him go. He soon followed after him a minute or so later, running a hand through his hair. He quickly went to the table where all of the presents were at and he saw that a few people were gathering there as well.

He just hoped that Kiku would enjoy his gift and that his gift was at least alright.

-----

Arthur stood awkwardly, waiting for the gifts to be collected.

Feliciano stepped forwards, letting go of Ludwig (who he'd been trying to keep still) to speak.

"It's supposed to be Ludwig speaking now but… I'll do it for him! Merry Christmas everyone!" he said excitedly, grinning at everyone in the circle. "I think it's so wonderful that we can all gather here at a party and celebrate together with people form all over the world."

Arthur had to admire his enthusiasm, considering how plastered Ludwig looked.

"So, let's do what we all really are excited for, si? Christmas presents, of course!" Feliciano was positively bouncing. "Antonio, why don't you collect your one first and see if you can guess who bought it, uh?" he stepped out of the way and held on to Ludwig's arm again.

-----

Alfred just shifted around as he heard Feliciano speak and he looked around, wanting to see where his present was on the table. He couldn't see it for the time being though.

He just settled next to Arthur, looking at all the gifts curiously.

Antonio just smiled and he nodded, soon grabbing his gift and opening it up. It felt rather soft and he soon looked down, noticing a matador costume.

Feeling it up a bit, he blinked in confusion before smiling, sunny as always.

"Thank you! Ah…hm…" He glanced around, trying to think of who could have bought it. His gaze immediately went to Gilbert.

"…Gil!"

-----

Gilbert just grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ja, ja… it's totally awesome. You'll look good in it," he and Francis shared a look. "You're welcome."

Francis smirked a little, turning a little pink.

Arthur felt disgusted.

Feliciano looked down the list Ludwig had original written.

"Elizabeta, it's your turn," he beamed.

------

Alfred rolled his eyes at that, rubbing Arthur's back briefly before looking curiously at the presents again.

Elizabeta just smiled and nodded, soon heading up to the table so she could grab her present.

Looking at it curiously, she soon opened it up, rather curious. When she pulled it out, she grinned widely when she saw a beautiful sparkly top that would look absolutely perfect on her.

She looked over at Feliciano fondly.

"Thank you, Feliciano. This is very sweet of you." After all, she knew this tailoring by heart almost.

-----

Feliciano just grinned at her.

"You're welcome, mi amore," he chuckled a little. "I hope that it suits you. Oh! It'll go with that skirt you wore last week. You'll look so pretty." Needless to say, Feliciano had spent a considerable amount of time on it.

"Uh, Arthur - it's your turn."

Arthur didn't look remotely pleased by the prospect. He sighed and came forward, picking up his gift. It was pretty small, but he was curious about what was inside. The last two gifts had been clothes, perhaps it would be socks?

The last thing he expected was a watch. He gawked at it, clearly surprised.

"Oh my God," he breathed. He furrowed his brow, looking at it more closely.

Omega. German.

He looked up at his boss stood a few feet away from him.

"I… thank you, Ludwig. I really don't know what to say."

-----

Alfred looked at the watch in surprise and he smiled widely.

"Wow, that's so cool! Put it on, put it on! It probably looks really good on you!" He encouraged with a wide grin.

Ludwig still was rather drunk though he just gave him a smile and nodded at him.

"You deserve it, Arthur."

Alfred just laughed a bit, eyes still bright.

-----

Arthur blushed, shushing Alfred. He was flustered for a few moments, unsure what to do or say.

"Thank you so much. Really." He gave the German a smile, genuinely touched.

He waddled back over to Alfred and scolded Alfred for being obnoxious, quietly. He did start to put the watch on though. He was right. It did look good. He was still in awe.

"Kiku, it's your turn!"

-----

Alfred just laughed a bit and he smiled over at Arthur, quickly leaning over to kiss him on the cheek.

"It looks great on you," He whispered though soon he stared rather intently over at the present that Kiku was now opening.

Kiku's eyes brightened when he saw one of the limited editions of the game (along with the art book!) that he had been wanting for months and months now.

"T-Thank you, Alfred." He smiled, a bit more shyly as he thumbed in awe at the game he never thought would be in his hands.

Alfred smiled at him, scratching the back of his head.

"Of course, Kiku. I hope you like it."

-----

Arthur smiled a little up at his fiancé. He was such softie. He slid his arm around Alfred's waist. He leaned his head on Alfred's shoulder.

Gilbert looked somewhat excited by the prospect of games and made a mental note to get both Kiku and Alfred's Xbox Live names.

"Vash," Feliciano encouraged him to step forward. The Swiss man had stayed in the end, if only because Natalia had been blocking the door and he couldn't be bothered to deal with her.

Vash came forward and opened up his present. He looked at it in surprise. Handmade pastries. He looked suspicious.

"Feliciano…?" the Italian was the only one that he knew could cook.

"Not me," Feli replied airily.

"Uh…"

"C'était moi," Francis spoke up. Vash looked surprised and somewhat embarrassed for a moment.

"Yes, of course. I should have known… ah… thanks." He got out of the way of the table of presents.

"Big brother Francis," Feli called.

Francis winked at the Italian and came forward. He opened his gift, though it was obvious what it was.

"Oh la la! Who on earth could have bought me such gorgeous wine?" he said, clearly impressed with the brand and date.

-----

Alfred just leaned back against Arthur, just happy to be around with him and to see him a bit more lightened up this time around.

Elizaveta just smiled sheepishly, hiding it behind her hand.

"Ah, I suppose I could say that I might have had a hand in your gift."

Alfred snorted at that.

------

"Ah, ma fleur!" Francis swanned over to her and kissed her on the cheek. "Je l'adore! It's wonderful. Thank you." He kissed her other cheek and then went to show Antonio, clearly excited.

"Feli - oh, that's me," Feliciano laughed a little, eager to come forwards. Arthur shrank slightly in his stance.

Feliciano opened it up and seemed pleased with the box's content. Italian coffee. But there was something else at the bottom, too. A gift voucher for one of the bigger designer stores in the city.

"$70?" Feli looked surprised. Who would spend that much on a gift voucher. "I… don't know who gave me this. But thank you!"

Arthur didn't look like he was going to say anything.

-----

Alfred saw the voucher and the Italian coffee and he laughed a bit.

He remembered seeing Arthur wrap it up earlier and he just grinned over at his lover, giving him a knowing look. Though he wouldn't say anything if Arthur wasn't going to come out and admit that he was the one who gave it.

He kissed his cheek.

"He seems happy with the present. Good job."

------

Arthur hummed gently as Alfred murmured to him.

"You know, I'll be able to work it out at the end so you might as well tell me now," Feliciano grinned. "It wasn't the tomato fairy, uh?"

Arthur looked flustered as he came forward.

"Um, it was me…"

"Grazie, amico!" Feliciano gave the Brit a genuine smile.

"Well, it's not like I could buy you anything you'd like so…"

"Grazie," he said again and hurried back over to Ludwig when it looked like the drunk German might topple over.

The list continued on and on, going through various colleagues until finally it reached Alfred.

"Alfred, your turn," Feli announced brightly.

-----

Alfred laughed a bit and he patted Arthur on the back, rather happy that the other actually came forward. He kissed his cheek as a reward and soon enough as the colleagues were getting their presents, Kiku finally passed out..

Snorting at that, he soon grabbed his own present, looking at it curiously. He looked around, obviously wondering who could have given it before finally opening it.

Inside there were a good stack of various films and Alfred's eyes brightened at that.

He absolutely loved films and so seeing so many of them, many classics and some that he never seen before, was rather exciting.

He looked around though he couldn't tell who possibly gave it.

"Uh…you know…I have no idea," He admitted with a lame smile and Antonio just raised his hand.

"I hope you like it, Alfred! I heard you liked films!"

Alfred relaxed at that and he smiled widely though he soon quickly ran back to Arthur so he could look through all the films.

"Thanks so much!"

-----

Arthur was somewhat alarmed when Kiku passed out but there were already people rushing over to him and he was probably too drunk to actually help at all. Instead, he just watched Alfred and saw the glee on his face. It made him smile.

He was like a little boy sometimes.

He let his smile fade as he realised that Christmas was going to be filled with movie watching. At least none of it appeared to be a horror film, so he wouldn't have to deal with Alfred cowering on the sofa. He patted Alfred's shoulder and leaned up to whisper to him.

"Can we go home?"

-----

Alfred looked over at Arthur and he raised an eyebrow before smiling a bit. He nodded.

"Yeah, we can go home," He murmured, looking fondly over at him as he held his gift close.

He soon looked back at Matthew who was just with Katyusha and he quickly headed over to him.

"Arthur and I are gonna head home right now." Matthew just nodded and smiled.

"Alright…do you two need a lift?" Alfred just shook his head.

'Nah, I'm fine. I can't even say I'm buzzed or anything."

Matthew looked a bit tentative but he nodded, soon going forward so he could hug his brother.

"Call me soon, yeah?"

"Of course."

And with that, he headed back to Arthur so they could go in the car.

------

Katyusha wasn't really paying attention, sort of taking a nap at the bar.

Arthur smiled softly at Matthew and clapped his shoulder gently.

"See you. Thanks for… earlier."

He followed Alfred out to the car and cuddled up to his side, linking arms with him.

"I'm tired," he told him.

-----

Alfred looked over at Arthur, not minding that their arms were linked and he just chuckled a bit, kissing the top of his head.

"We'll be home soon enough and then you can have a nice bed to sleep on. Just sleep in the car for now."

He soon opened the car door for Arthur before hesitantly pulling his arm away so he could go into the driver's seat. After doing so, he started the car and headed back to their flat.

-----

Arthur just nodded dumbly, climbing into the car. He leaned against the cool glass pane of the window and stared outside at the world rushing by until his eyes fluttered closed. He only really stirred again when they were close to home, as though his body knew exactly when to get out of the car.

He looked across at Alfred, who was concentrating on the road (luckily, otherwise Arthur would've bitched at him) and studied his features closely. He was going to be so lonely without him. He sighed gently and waited for the car to stop before climbing (stumbling) out. He held on to his gifts and started to head up to the flat.

-----

Alfred was definitely going to miss Arthur and he knew that it was going to be terribly lonely without him. Which was part of the reason why he was so happy to have the films because he needed something to take his mind off of his constantly loneliness that was soon to come.

Soon enough they got back to the flat and he headed up with Arthur, just holding him close.

He opened the door for his lover and let him in, soon following inside after him.

He would have to come back for the wedding because this was where they were allowed to marry. It was another reason why he didn't really want to go in the first place. But they would figure it out.

"You alright there?" He laughed. "Let's get you to bed."

Last edited by Assistant Jones on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:10 am

(OOC: We told you it'd be long!)

Time flew by.

They spent Christmas curled up on the sofa in front of the TV, enjoying their last few weeks together. Arthur bought Alfred a couple of games and some sunglasses to wear in Florida; Alfred had given Arthur a webcam (and shown him how to use it) and a photo album filled with photographs of the last two years. It was, quite honestly, lovely. A perfect Christmas, just without the snow and warm fire. Plenty of cheesy songs and awful carolling from Alfred though, and that was definitely enough to keep Arthur's heart glowing.

At New Year, they were in Times Square with their Japanese friend. Arthur had let Alfred enjoy the show before snogging him senseless to mark the beginning of the year. Kiku'd got a picture of it on his camera.

But now they were at the airport, saying goodbye.

Arthur had gone with him in the taxi and felt like he was going to faint as he helped Alfred inside, soundlessly. He couldn't believe this was it. It seemed so unreal.

When they stopped at the security check, Arthur knew it was time to say goodbye.

"This is it," he murmured sadly.

-----

Alfred had definitely enjoyed their Christmas together and so much of him didn't want to leave it at all. After all, he was there with Arthur and he was just so used to having him around in nearly every aspect of his life.

It…it was going to be terribly lonely. Most of him didn't want to go down to Florida, no matter how nice the opportunity was.

It would break his heart seeing Arthur considering how emotional he got during the Christmas party. Though to admit, Alfred got rather emotional during Christmas and made sure to make it as happy as possible so they wouldn't look back on the days with sadness.

Though soon enough time passed to mid-January and they were both at the airport. He knew that the moment he passed the security check, he wouldn't be able to go back to see Arthur. He just looked over at him, giving a sad smile as he reached forward to stroke his hair gently.

"…Yeah…it is…" He whispered, already feeling his eyes get a bit watery. "…I'm going to miss you."

-----

Arthur swallowed thickly and nodded, trying his best to keep himself together, just so that Alfred would get on the plane. He knew that if he cried, Alfred would never be able to leave. And it would be embarrassing in a public setting.

He looked into the other's ocean blue eyes, at his golden wheat locks, his bright white teeth and tan skin. Arthur knew his anatomy so well that he could close his eyes and still see Alfred perfectly.

He pursed his lips.

"I'll miss you too, darling," he said, trying to keep his voice even. "You'll call me when you land, won't you?"

Arthur smoothed out Alfred's clothes, trying to distract himself.

------

As well as Arthur knew him, Alfred knew Arthur as well. He knew him so very well, especially after all their moments just together, resting and learning each other's body with the utmost care. And God did he love this man so much.

He didn't want to leave him and so much of him was actually waiting for something to give him a legitimate reason to stay. But he knew that Arthur was trying to hold himself back.

He really was going to miss everything about this man…miss holding him and touching him and being able to see every single one of his features.

He nodded though, trying to keep his smile up.

"Of course I'll call. We can do a video call as well tonight."

He let out a shuddered sigh before looking at him more tenderly.

"…I love you."

------

Arthur stilled, expression unreadable as Alfred spoke.

He wasn't sure that he wanted Alfred to talk to him on webcam that night. He didn't know if he'd really be able to face the reality that this was what their relationship was going to become. But he knew that it was better than nothing. He didn't even want to think of what it would have been like having to rely on letters to each other as their only communication. It probably would have killed him.

He finally looked up at him again, unable to smile.

"I love you, too," he said softly.

-----

Alfred glanced off to the side, knowing that he would have to go in soon and dammit…it broke his heart. He just wanted to stay here with Arthur, just suddenly change his mind and everything.

He knew though that he had to pursue his career though.

Just God…

He let their gazes linger for just a bit longer before finally leaning down so he could kiss him, just wanting to feel Arthur's lips for the last time.

There was no use in pretending to be happy or to pretend that they would be alright with this. They both knew that it would be difficult and that it would take a lot for the both of them to get used to it.

He soon hesitantly pulled away, letting his thumb trail along the other's cheek.

-----

Arthur kissed him back, trying to give it all he had whilst holding on to Alfred's sides. He felt like he was losing a part of himself. This was just… it was too hard. Too difficult to say goodbye.

He let Alfred pull away though, feeling his eyes begin to sting.

Arthur just wrapped his arms around Alfred, to not let him see. He didn't want Alfred to remember them like this. He buried his face into Alfred's shoulder, holding on to him tightly as though he never wanted to let go.

"I love you… with all of my being," he said into Alfred's clothes. "I love you. I love you." He just held him tighter. He felt himself beginning to choke up and forced himself to pull away.

He rubbed at his eyes.

"You're going to miss your flight."

-----

Alfred sniffed a bit and he soon buried his face against Arthur's hair, not wanting to let go. He felt himself choke up but he tried his best to hold it back.

"I love you too…so much…so, so much…" He just wished things could be easier, that when he woke up he could actually have Arthur next to his side.

He knew it was going to be terrible waking up to an empty bed. To be in an empty home.

He soon pulled away, biting his lip and rubbing his eyes with his sleeve before looking down at Arthur.

"…Alright…" He swallowed thickly, soon grabbing his suitcases again. "I love you so much…." His grip tightened on the handle. "Bye, Arthur…" He lingered for a few more seconds before finally heading towards the checkpoint, constantly looking back at Arthur.

-----

Arthur waved a little, though it was tentative. He waited for Alfred to go through security and watched him walk on into the airport. His expression crumbled as soon as Alfred was out of sight. He wasn't really sure what to do with himself. He knew that he needed to get back home because his knees felt like they were going to give way.

So, that was it. He was really alone…

Fuck.

-----

When Arthur wasn't in sight anymore, Alfred finally reached up to rub furiously at his tears. He felt terribly emotional and like a girl but he couldn't help himself. Not when he wouldn't see his lover for who knew how long. He wasn't even certain about it fully.

He didn't want to be alone though. He hated this.

He just wanted to run back and hold Arthur but he knew that wasn't an option. But dammit it all if he wasn't tempted. He soon enough found himself in one of the terminals, finally letting himself go and openly crying though he turned himself towards the window so that no one would see him.

He couldn't help but notice the plane that was parked and it only made his heart break even more.

…Arthur was going to be so far away.

He was going to miss him so much.

-----

It would be a lie to say Arthur was fine. He really wasn't. He'd thrown himself into longer work hours with an even more incompetent assistant and spent hours in library pouring over books. He just tried to keep himself busy and had been avoiding alcohol like the plague. He would start drinking again soon, but not if it meant missing time talking with Alfred on webcam. It was a daily ritual for them to make some form of contact, whether it was Alfred leaving him a voicemail in his lunch break or Arthur emailing him when he was procrastinating at work. Alfred seemed to be having a pretty good time, finally starting to enjoy his career. And Arthur was happy for him. Mostly.

He was sat on the sofa that was once theirs and was waiting for Alfred to come online. He was already ten minutes late.

It wasn't a regular occurrence but… what if Arthur wasn't as important in his life anymore? What if he was just something Alfred had to deal with everyday? Like a pet or something? Arthur wasn't fond of the idea of being like a hamster. Not at all.

He sighed irritably, sinking back into the cushions.

-----

In the beginning of his life in Orlando, Alfred found it hard to actually get into the swing of things. It was much warmer than it was up in New York City and he absolutely loved the temperature. He also found himself going to the beach as well though he just couldn't help but remember the times that he was with Arthur on the beach.

While it took him a while to get used to it, he soon found himself actually quite enjoying his job. It was also paying well for him and he knew that this was the path he should take if he wanted to become successful in his career. But it was still terribly lonely without Arthur.

He always made sure to contact his lover if only because it was the only times that he was truly happy and that he could smile so honestly.

He did make good friends with some of his co-workers though he just wished Arthur was down there with him.

That day, Alfred was running a bit late considering that he had to work a bit overtime and then got stuck in traffic. Though he soon came running into his home, quickly flipping the laptop open and getting online.

He quickly called the other, still exhausted and panting from hurrying to the computer.

------

Arthur raised an eyebrow as Alfred came online, half expecting him to not appear at all. Bitterness was clearly starting to consume him.

He accepted the call and wanted to stay angry but just seeing Alfred made his heart flutter.

"Good evening," he greeted.

-----

Alfred panted a bit though he soon smiled when he saw Arthur on the screen.

"Good evening." He laughed a bit, trying to relax a bit now that he was on his couch. He couldn't help but look at the other fondly.

He really, really missed Arthur and he wanted to hold him…but seeing him was the best that he could have for right now.

"How was your day?"

He wanted to reach out and touch him but all he could do was curse at the screen for being in the way.

------

"You're late," Arthur said bluntly, rolling his eyes. "But aside from that, I've been worse… Gilbert is still calling me Mick Jagger. How about you?"

-----

Alfred hesitated at that and he gave a slight smile.

"Sorry about that. I was held back in work today and I was stuck in traffic. Not as bad as the traffic there but bad enough."

He snorted though.

"Really? Still? He never gets tired of anything, huh." He hummed in thought before shrugging. "It was a tiring day, to be honest. Had to run around everywhere but things are fine now."

------

Arthur shrugged, trying to not care about it.

"You look a little sunburnt," he said with a small smile. "From all of that stunning weather down there, I assume?" he smirked a little. "I thought you were fully equipped for dealing with the sun, darling?"

-----

Alfred scoffed though he smiled more easily now.

"Mmm, shut up. I'm perfectly fine."

He laughed a bit and he looked at himself a bit more carefully in the webcam. Arthur was right…he did look a bit sunburnt.

"Just not used to the constant sun y'anno." He laughed. "You still have to come here and I'll just watch you burn up."

------

Arthur arched an eyebrow at that statement, not looking overly impressed.

"Uh, I'll pass. I'm not going to the beach with you again for a considerable length of time." He paused for a moment. "Though I would like to come and visit you," he admitted, grimacing somewhat as it was the first time that even Arthur had heard himself say it.

"I don't think that I can get the time off, though. I'm working on the budget for the autumn and winter stock, and you know how much of a headache that is."

------

Alfred chuckled at that and he nodded.

"I wish you could come over here…it's awfully lonely here, I gotta admit. I need you in my bed again."

He smiled a bit, just remembering all of the times that he woke up with Arthur next to him, cuddled close. He just wished that could continue to be the case but unfortunately, they were far from each other now.

He laughed.

"What? Is your new assistant not helping you enough? I would have thought that they would be better than me."

-----

"You have plenty of videos we made," Arthur scoffed, somewhat amused. "You'll be fine… though I miss waking up with you, I must admit."

He groaned at that, running his hands back through his hair in frustration.

"No, not at all. She's awful. Really, really awful." He wouldn't mention that she'd made a couple of passes at him. "She has no fucking clue."

-----

Alfred snorted at that and he rolled his eyes eyes.

"Mmm, that's what I meant. Though I wouldn't mind having the real thing again."

He had to admit that he felt rather deprived and his hand wasn't really doing it for him anymore, unfortunately enough. He just longed for Arthur's touch again.

He actually genuinely looked surprised.

"Really? Someone even worse than me? Huh, never thought that could happen." He laughed a bit. "Kinda curious now. I'm sure she's a nice enough girl though."

Alfred couldn't help but puff his chest a bit up in pride just at the idea that he was a better assistant.

-----

Arthur chuckled softly.

"All in good time," he replied smoothly. Doing it over the webcam had been too weird for Arthur - he'd made them stop. Hopefully at some point they'd be able to… do it again. Comfortably. But it honestly wasn't Arthur's biggest concern, shockingly enough.

He just missed Alfred being around. Even the morning breath.

Arthur shook his head.

"You were tolerable, but she's just a pain in the arse. I suppose it's because she's young but I really couldn't give a shit. I might fire her."

----

Alfred remembered when they tried it over webcam and while he wasn't all that bad at dirty talk, at the same time, Arthur found it awkward. He didn't blame him though. Even he found it a bit weird and somewhat impersonal. Though maybe one day they could do it more easily. But for now, he was just fine with the videos and remembering their times together.

But that was hardly the first thing on his mind.

He just wanted to be close to him again.

"Huh, that might be a good idea." He chuckled. "Are you sure you're just not judging because you can't smack her bottom like you did mine each time I walked by?" He laughed at the memory.

-----

Arthur blushed and began to frown.

"Don't be ridiculous. I do not sexually assault all of my assistants." He shifted uncomfortably and looked away. "How about you? What's it like being under a new authority? Not so easy now that it's not your fiancé?"

-----

Alfred laughed at that.

"Yeah, I know." He winked over at him. "Thankfully that benefit is reserved only for me."

He hummed before shrugging.

"Actually, I think they're a lot easier than you." He smirked over at Arthur. "After all, you never hesitated on making things harder because I couldn't make up excuses."

It was true though he never minded. As long as Arthur wasn't angry at him. "But I gotta say I miss working under you."

-----

Arthur's expression softened at that.

"I miss it too… I keep expecting you to walk through the door and sit on my desk," he sighed a little, rubbing at his temples. "It's really empty without you here, Alfred."

-----

Alfred hesitated at that and he nodded, sighing a bit.

"…Yeah…it really is." He frowned. "I was hoping that it would get easier for the both of us as time passed but…it's hard when I wake up without you by my side. Even the job itself…I love it but I keep on wanting to go back to New York, y'anno?"

He wished he could reach out and just gently touch the other. Just to hold him close.

------

"It's been six weeks," Arthur murmured. "It's been far too long." He felt himself starting to get a little emotional about it. Fuck everything. He didn't want to be sad in front of Alfred when they were supposed to be having a nice chat.

"I… can we not talk about this?" he put the laptop down on the sofa and adjusted his position, still in his suit trousers and shirt.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 am

Alfred swallowed a bit and he just nodded, letting out a shuddered sigh.

"Yeah, we don't have to talk about it. Don't worry about it."

He smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure you should still be wearing that? If you've been waiting for me, at least you could have taken off those pants and all."

While he did want to tell Arthur that he missed him more than he could imagine, but at the same time he didn't want Arthur to be sad as well.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 am

Arthur arched an eyebrow at that.

"Does that mean 'please take them off'?" he didn't look overly impressed. Though he soon huffed out a breath of amusement. "I suppose that I could of but I honestly was just more concerned about seeing you."

He idly undid some of the buttons of his shirt.

"I'll change later, mum," he chuckled.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 am

Alfred snorted.

"Not that. It just looks awfully uncomfortable is all." He soon gave Arthur a small smile, shrugging a bit as he shifted around on the couch somewhat.

He laughed at the 'mum' comment and he rolled his eyes.

"Mom," He jokingly corrected.

He soon glanced around the living room, sighing a bit. ...It wasn't the same.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 am

"I'm slim, it's fine."

Arthur pursed his lips. This was the problem nowadays. Arthur had no idea what to say to him anymore. They were not as close as they once were. It was quite heartbreaking to think about, really...

"Alfred," he started softly, "I love you."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:50 am

Alfred knew that they were starting to drift apart. He tried to keep in contact with him more often but it was just hard with his working hours and just having only the webcam. So much of him wanted to be in contact with him again, just to hold him close.

So much of their relationship was built off of touch, off of knowing each other without words.

But now they were forced to use their words and it made them kind of stuck at times.

He looked back at Arthur and he gave a small smile.

"...I love you too..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:59 am

Arthur's gaze softened for a few moments at that. It was always nice to hear. Even with static in the background. He reached out and touched Alfred's image on the computer screen; his fingertips caressed his angular jaw and the slight childlike pudge to his cheeks.

He missed the physical aspect of their relationship so much.

It was his birthday in a month though. He wondered how that would pan out.

"I have paperwork to do..."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 am

Alfred hesitated at that and he bit his lip, looking a bit crestfallen as he heard Arthur say that.

He just nodded though, letting out an inaudible sigh before looking back up at him.

"Yeah...that's alright..." He swallowed. "...Go do your work. I need to do some work also..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:11 am

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay? I hope you have a good day, my darling," Arthur sighed a little. "Sweet dreams and all that nonsense," he forced a smile. "I'll be thinking of you..."

Arthur was always abrupt to end their video calls. He didn't like to say goodbye. He quickly signed out and cradled his head in his hands.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 am

Alfred just forced a smile.

"Sweet dre--" Though soon the video call ended and he sighed a bit, running a hand through his hair.

Was this really the best decision to make? ...To really pursue his career when it was just straining their relationship?

It was a terrible feeling.

"...Bye..." He whispered though he knew that no one but himself would be able to hear it.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:20 am

[ooc; sorry about all the grammatical mistakes and typos - typed this on my phone, on a train]

Arthur stuck to phone calls for the next few days. He wasn't quite ready to face Alfred properly again yet. He tried to focus on work and distract himself from the distance. Though that was hard considering that his new assistant was totally incompetent and he had a framed photograph of Alfred on his desk. The photograph was recent. It was one of Alfred on the hill that they had the picnic on. He was grinning inanely with his bright, white teeth and beautiful features all crinkled from smiling so much.

It always distracted Arthur when he was working.

But Arthur was being forced to be social that weekend. Gilbert was having a party, a big one. It was his birthday, or something... Probably not his birthday but oh well. Arthur told Alfred to expect some drunk messages and to please delete them. He wouldn't want Alfred to see how upset he'd been as of late.

He arrived at the party, whiskey in hand. He wasn't expecting to enjoy it but at least he could get pissed. The whole thing was pretty much a normal experience for Arthur; he sat quietly and tried to avoid awkward social situations. But that didn't appear to be possible. No dress code had been mentioned so Arthur had gone for casual formal clothes. Everyone else seemed to have arrived in normal dress, which wasn't a big deal but he still felt a bit stupid.

He ended up having to talk to people, despite his best efforts. Angelique had been particularly tough to deal with. She was literally the life and soul of the party, because of her fame. But she seemed to be determined to talk to Arthur.

"Salut," she greeted cheerfully.

"Hello," he murmured thickly in reply, trying not to appear s drunk as he was. But that was tough. Especially as he'd seen the photographs of her latest interview with a men's magazine. Totally obscene.

"How are you? It's been too long, uh?" Arthur wasn't quite able to escape her hug and meekly returned it.

"Indeed... I've been... Getting by. And yourself? I saw the poster for your new film the other day." He didn't have the heart to tell her that he thought it looked crap. She just grinned, oblivious as she tossed her thick, black hair back over her shoulder.

"I've been good. Really. Good. Got a lovely Christmas present from Chouchoute."

"Hm? What present?" he certainly hadn't been informed.

"A beautiful gown for the big New Years party, of course. Weren't you there?"

Fucking Feliciano. He'd have to have words with him about free gifts. Even to lovely women.

"Um, no. I celebrated it with Alfred."

Her face fell somewhat.

"You're still together?"

"Yes."

She looked down and caught sight of his ring. She smirked.

"That's a bit girly," she sounded smug. Arthur just blushed, though he had to agree.

"He doesn't realise that, I don't think... He was raised that way. He'd always anticipated giving someone a diamond ring."

"Mm," Angelique hummed. "It's pretty."

"Thanks?"

She laughed at him and kissed his cheek.

"Where is he?"

"Florida."

When she looked curious, he knew that he'd have to tell her. But he did, grudgingly before excusing himself to drown his sorrows with alcohol.

He leaned against a wall in the corridor and whipped out his phone. He started to text Alfred:

'Wish you were here. Angelique says my ring is girly. Told her that I don't care. This party sucks x'

And later, after more drinking:

'I miss you . Vone hoome x'

Then:

'I luv u pleaszd cime bak to me fck cabt type'

and:

'I firget to say thast i louv u soooooo much and yiure the best thing tgat ever gappenef to me trned on auto correct bur its shit blame yu for this phone an shitty technology still liv you though teat'

Finally followed by:

'I thinj ive gad too much to drink'

Arthur eventually passed out in the kitchen. When he woke up, there were three guys in there, smoking something that clearly wasn't a cigarette. The smell awakened Arthur's senses and made him perk up. Yes, he knew precisely what that was.

One of the younger men was fumbling as he tried to roll his spliff.

"You're not doing that properly," Arthur mumbled.

The three men jumped in surprise. The youngest was offended.

"You do it then," he challenged.

Arthur agreed in his alcohol-numbed state and showed the kid how to do it. He was offered some of it. He didn't refuse.

Just a bit wouldn't hurt. He wasn't about to start going back into drugs properly.

Or so he told himself.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 am

Through the next few days, Alfred found himself busier and busier and to be honest, he was getting tired of it. He just wanted to be with Arthur, to talk with him though the other hadn't been video calling him recently. Instead it was all just phone calls and while he was alright with that, he felt a bit disappointed.

He expected nothing during the night of the party that Arthur was being forced to and to be quite fair, he needed the sleep and to be able to recover. He had been working his ass off.

Yet soon he was woken up by certain text messages and while he promised Arthur that he would delete the messages, he couldn't help but check them out. He hesitated when he saw the messages and he knew that Arthur was definitely drunk but at the same time, he also knew that his fiancé was being honest. Unfortunately he only woke up when the last text message was sent and soon enough he answered them.

"sorry, doll. xoxo i hope the party is getting better now. stay safe. :) "

And with that, he sighed and tried going back to sleep.

The next morning, after not hearing from Arthur through text message, Alfred just got a bit concerned. Especially after a big party, he had to make sure that he was alright. So he soon called Arthur's phone, fidgeting around a bit.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 am

Arthur had spent most of the morning in the bathroom, throwing up the contents of his stomach. He was so hungover.

He had only just managed to peel his face off of the toilet seat when the phone started to ring. Despite having drunk too much, he felt pretty good. That weed he’d smoked had been good and made him feel a lot better than he had done. It was a refreshing feeling, experiencing the pleasant effects of drugs again.

He stumbled back into the sitting room to answer the phone. He just grunted in greeting, not caring overly about who it was and whether it was impolite or not. He flopped back on to the sofa.

“What do you want?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 am

Alfred frowned at that and he shifted around, soon getting out of bed so he could get himself ready for the day though fortunately enough it was the weekend.

"...Is it wrong for your fiancé to call? ...I was wondering how you were. I heard the party was pretty crazy." He laughed a bit. He had gotten a few text messages talking about how cool the party was but he didn't really care.

"I was just making sure that everything was alright was all..."

Arthur didn't sound all that great to be honest.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:48 am

Alfred. Fuck. He vaguely remembered getting a text message from him at an obscene time in the morning, when he was trying to dress himself in his pyjamas (and failing miserably – in the end, he’d just gone to bed naked).

He groaned a little, rubbing at his forehead.

“Sorry, I didn’t know who it was… yes, no, yes, I’m fine. Just tired…” he paused and huffed out a bitter laugh, “That’s a load of bollocks. I’m not alright. Puking my guts up. Feel really fucking ill.”

He drew in a deep breath and tried not to think about the vomit he could still taste in his mouth.

“The party was good. In the end. Too old for this shit now, though…”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:56 am

Alfred frowned at that and he shifted around.

"...Well considering the messages I got, you seemed pretty fucking wasted. Just drink lots of water, yeah?" He smiled a bit. He knew that Arthur was always getting rather drunk and so this really wasn't any surprise for him.

"Just take care of yourself. I'm glad the party was good in the end. Wish I could have come."

He laughed somewhat hesitantly at that. He soon relaxed.

"Well...I'll leave you alone for now since you sound absolutely terrible. Um...I miss ya' and all and I love you."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:03 am

Arthur hummed in agreement.

“I know the drill,” he mumbled, used to having to nurse himself better. Though it was a lot easier to do when he had a hot-blooded American man fawning over him and taking care of him. He shuddered a sigh but his breath caught when Alfred said what he did next.

So, he didn’t want to talk to him? Really was just making sure he was still alive? Oh, okay… even when he said he loved him, it didn’t sound all that convincing. It wasn’t normal for Alfred to hold back on the enthusiasm about how he felt. Particularly love.

Arthur pursed his lips.

“I love you, too, my darling,” he said groggily. “Talk to you some other time, I suppose.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 am

Alfred just smiled at that, chalking up Arthur's grogginess to his hangover.

"Yeah, talk to you later. I'll call you up when you're feeling better."

And with that, he hanged up the phone, obviously worried about Arthur. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to calm himself down. He really hated hearing Arthur like that...he honestly did.

He just wanted Arthur to be alright and he wanted to take care fo him.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next