Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

2 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:19 am

Arthur immediately felt awful as Alfred hung up. He felt sick in the pit of his stomach, but not like earlier.

He came to the gross realisation that he was craving the happiness he’d felt the night before. He hadn’t felt like that for a long, long time. He got off of the sofa, grimacing as the fabric stuck to his skin (having still not gotten dressed yet for fear of getting vomit on it), and headed to his bedroom where he pulled out the card that one of the guys had given him the night before.

He dialed the number and waited as it rang. A little bit of something stronger, just this once, wasn’t too bad...
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 am

For the next month or so, Alfred found himself terribly busy. And he hated every bit of it, to be honest. He just wanted to spend some time with Arthur and what he thought he would love ended up being more of a chore and something that pulled him away from his real happiness.

Things had been tense between Arthur and himself and well...he chalked it up to their distance.

Their distance had really done something to the both of them and Alfred knew that he had to see Arthur if he wanted to keep their relationship intact.

After all...they were supposed to get married.

Soon April came around and Alfred found himself on the phone, calling up Arthur.

It was Arthur's birthday today and he smiled to himself as he drove in the car. Who the fuck cared about talking on the phone and driving in a car at the same time? This was important!

"Hey Arthur." He smiled a bit more. "I just wanted to say happy birthday."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 am

Arthur had been struggling to find happiness in his day to day life. He’d never really found it in food, and wasn’t eating as much as he should have been. It was visible in the way that his ribcage was showing again. He’d tried to do some exercise to take his mind off of things… and to fit into those damn leather shorts. He’d actually gained subtle abdominal muscles from doing sit-ups, which he was proud of. Not that he had anyone to show them to.

He often found himself doing hits of the dreaded drugs he’d once (foolishly, in his opinion now he’d restarted) given up. Cocaine. Rarely though. Perhaps two or three times a week, depending on how he felt. It always made him feel boosted for short lengths of time.

Today was his birthday and honestly, not a lot had happened. He’d gone to work and done his job. No one knew it was his birthday and he didn’t care to mention it… though there were times when people were rude to him or excluded him and he just thought… wouldn’t it be nice to have friends, for them to care about him getting older (though he didn’t want to celebrate his journey towards death, really). He just wanted someone to care.

Even Alfred hadn’t called yet and it was around six in the evening.

Arthur decided he might hit up soon if Alfred didn’t contact him because he certainly wasn’t going to call him.

He was lounging with a book when Alfred called. He wasn’t sure if he felt excited or relieved that Alfred rang. It was probably a bit of both. Arthur answered and breathed out a slow sigh, tempted to ask him what took him so long.

“Mm, thanks, poppet,” he said softly, absently.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am

Alfred sounded apologetic as he spoke up.

"I'm really sorry about not calling until now. I've been really busy. But...I knew I had to call you up for your birthday. How has it been?" He asked curiously, soon enough getting out of the car.

What a familiar sight everything was.

He soon headed up the stairs, keeping his steps slow. He could feel the excitement behind each of his footsteps, anticipating.

"...I miss you, you know."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:17 am

“Uneventful,” Arthur said honestly. “The most exciting moment of my day was probably when I thought I had a meeting on the other side of the city and didn’t.” He massaged his temples, letting his book lie open in his lap. “You know I don’t tell people my birthday.” He hadn’t told Alfred until after he’d proposed, after all.

Those words just seemed so empty now. Just like ‘I love you’.

He forced a smile so that his tone would lighten. He could pretend they were fine for just as long as Alfred could.

“I know… I miss you, too.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 am

Alfred hesitated at that and he knew that it was time.

He soon found himself in front of an all too familiar door and he just whispered softly.

"...I love you also... More than anything or anyone in the world. I hope the rest of your birthday will be more eventful."

And with that, he knocked at the door. Soon enough he straightened out his clothes and waited for the door to be answered.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:27 am

Arthur closed his eyes, like taking the impact of a blow.

“Thank you, darling. I –“ there was a knock at the door. “Who the fuck…?” Arthur grumbled, away from the receiver before quickly saying. “Sorry, there’s someone at the door. I’ll be back in a second.” He’d keep Alfred on the line just in case it was someone come to kill him.

He got up to open the door, putting his book carefully to the side, though he kept the phone in his hand. He didn’t waste time opening the door and was about to be snarky with who ever was on the other side but froze instead.

His mouth hung open and he dropped the phone in his hand, in shock.

Arthur was still for a few seconds, totally silent, his eyes wide before he felt them begin to water. He flung himself forwards, all previous bitterness forgotten as he pulled the man in front of him into a tight embrace.

“Alfred,” he choked out, voice light and filled with joy.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:31 am

When Arthur answered the door, Alfred took that as the sign to end the call and pocket his phone. He just smiled over at him, his eyes bright with joy at finally seeing his lover.

And soon enough he was pulled into a tight embrace and all Alfred could do was pull him close as well, never wanting to let him go.

"Sorry it took me so long."

He squeezed Arthur just a bit tighter, finally relishing in the feel of his lover.

"I wanted this to be surprise for you," He whispered out, his eyes watering a bit.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 am

“Arsehole. It’s been four months and you…” Arthur wasn’t planning on letting go. “You decide to turn up on my fucking birthday. You arsehole.” He could feel his tears wetting the other’s clothes.

It was all coming flooding back. Alfred’s smell, the sheer brilliance of his teeth, the way his hair shone in the light, his sky blue eyes, his muscular build and strong arms, his cologne, the way he still always managed to smell of sweets and mint, dorky glasses…

He pulled away slightly to look at Alfred and really confirm that it was him. A small cry bubbled up from inside him, one of happiness.

Arthur leaned up and kissed him hard, closed-mouthed for a moment.

“I’ve missed you so much.” He kissed him again. “I love you.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 am

Alfred had promised himself that he wouldn't cry but he couldn't help himself from tearing up. Especially when Arthur was right there in front of him, looking as amazing as always.

He soon leant down so he could kiss Arthur back just as desperately and hard and he simply held him close, wanting to be with his lover.

"I love you too. So much. I'm so fucking glad to see you again," He muttered between kisses.

Though soon enough he pulled away from the kiss, giving him a wide smile as he took in everything that was Arthur. He...actually seemed to be a bit more fit now.

He was happy about that.

"Can I come in? It's freezing up here...especially compared to Florida."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 am

Arthur reached up, stroking Alfred’s hair back from his face, really just looking at him, amazed that he was there. He was so in shock. But he was happy, though.

He blushed at that and just nodded, picking up his phone as he stood out of the way. He wiped at his eyes, trying to regain his composure as the other came inside. He sniffled slightly and just stood back, trying to see if anything about his beau had changed. He was darker than before, his tan more prominent.

Arthur, himself, whilst being a little less bony was in no way less slim. His clothes were looser on him than they used to be. The flat was still spotless as ever and nothing had really been moved around, other than the new additions of the extra bookcases Arthur had added as he started to build up his collection again.

Just looking at Alfred in person brought back all of the feelings that he thought that he might have lost.

Maybe he wouldn’t need a hit tonight.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 am

Alfred had every intention of learning what Arthur's body was like and it seemed as if it had changed in some ways. He wanted to know in what ways his lover had changed.

"You added more bookcases here. ...I'm not surprised." He smiled over at his lover and soon he turned around so he could tug Arthur inside the flat with him.

"...Come on now. Can't let you just stay back."

He could finally relax now that Arthur was here with him.

"...I managed to get a week off."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:04 am

Arthur let Alfred pull him further into the room and stared up at him blearily. He reached up and trailed his fingertips over Alfred’s cheek.

“I just can’t believe that you’re here,” he whispered breathlessly. “I mean… I’m not dreaming, am I? It would be horrible to wake up and find this was all…” he wouldn’t be able to handle that. But he was sure that this wasn’t a dream. This was real.

“You…” he sighed and tried to smile, though it was watery. “I can’t believe you’re here. For a whole week?” this was ridiculous. “How did you do that? I mean, do they mind?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:07 am

Alfred laughed softly at that and he shook his head.

"Don't worry...you're not dreaming...I can promise that." He smiled a bit at him, obviously happy to finally be with him. He loved this man so much. So, so much. And this was the happiest he had been for such a long time now.

He was terribly happy here and he just wanted to stay with Arthur now that he was with him here again.

He laughed softly, nuzzling against the hand.

"...That's why I worked overtime recently. I just wanted to make sure that I could do this for you. ...I don't think I could have gone on any longer without you next to me."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am

Arthur slid his arms around Alfred’s neck at that and drew him down slowly for another, deeper kiss. He threaded his fingers through Alfred’s hair. He sighed softly against Alfred’s lips, breaking the kiss again after a short few seconds.

“I think this is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for me,” he murmured gently. Coming home, he meant. He nipped at Alfred’s lower lip, the whole sensation of kissing and being close a strange one after so close. But they had a week to do all of this. He wanted nothing more than to push Alfred down on the sofa and snog him but he couldn’t. His manners wouldn’t let him.

“Are you hungry?” he pecked him quickly.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am

Alfred wrapped his arms around Arthur's waist and he was more than happy to respond to the deeper kiss. His breath shuddered and he closed his eyes though soon he pressed their foreheads together as he parted from the kiss.

He was just glad that Arthur was happy with this. Part of him had been scared that Arthur wouldn't have been excited but...he knew that this was the right decision in the end.

"Actually...food sounds great. I've been driving a whole lot to be truthful and I've only had pop-tarts and eggos to eat." He chuckled nervously.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 am

Arthur just nodded. He wasn’t going to disapprove of how little Alfred had eaten because Arthur hadn’t been any better himself lately. Though, he’d indulged himself by buying some chocolate on the way home from work. He still had a whole bar of it left in the kitchen.

He pulled away, though he was reluctant to and went to the fridge. When he opened it, he grimaced. It seemed like most of the food in there had gone off. He sucked in a breath, furrowing his brow.

“Um… takeaway?” he suggested, closing the fridge. He went to the small pile of menus that Alfred had collected when he still lived there. Arthur had used them a couple of times. He just handed him the menus so he could choose what he wanted.

“How long were you driving for?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am

Alfred snorted a bit and he rolled his eyes, smiling somewhat.

"It's takeout thank you very much," He corrected easily, only because they were in the US.

Though he soon took the menu and started to look through it, finally deciding that Chinese sounded rather good. He glanced over at Arthur and he shrugged, counting the hours on his fingers quickly.

"Hmm...13 hours of driving." He gave him a small smile.

"That's why I hadn't been able to really call or anything. Was falling asleep half of the time."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:37 am

Arthur frowned at that and rolled his eyes.

“Pedant,” he muttered, a little bit of the overwhelming joy washing away. Alfred knew exactly how to irritate him. He was about to bitch at him but then Alfred told him how long he’d been driving and Arthur was somewhere between appalled and deeply touched.

“Jesus Christ,” he sounded pained at first and tried not to look vulnerable as he shifted from foot to foot, trying to keep his expression guarded and deliberate. “You drove all that way just for me?” he asked softly, looking away though he already knew the answer.

“You should have stopped and slept, Alfred. Or caught the plane. I would have sent you a taxi. Or… I don’t know. It’s dangerous to drive that long. It’s not safe. You could have gotten hurt.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Alfred just shrugged somewhat, smiling a bit over at his lover.

"Of course I drove all that way just for you."

He rubbed his eyes, obviously tired. "I wanted to drive the car was all. And I got a few hours rest...though I think I'll definitely have to sleep more when I get the chance."

He looked over at him again before giving him a small yet shy smile.

"...Lay with me on the couch?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Arthur sighed, trying his best to feign exasperation, despite the warm swelling in his chest.

“We’ll take it easy, then,” he murmured. At Alfred’s request, he flushed somewhat but nodded soundlessly in agreement. He wasn’t sure what lying there was going to entail but just being pressed up against Alfred was going to be enough of a pleasant experience.

“After you.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 am

Alfred laughed a bit at that and soon enough he laid down comfortably on the couch, holding his arms out for the other. A small smile was on his lips and he chuckled.

Though instead of waiting for the other, he grabbed the other's hand and tugged him on himself.

"There we go."

He soon reached up to gently stroke through Arthur's hair.

"...I miss doing this with you."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 am

Arthur squeaked as Alfred pulled him down on to the sofa and began to mutter in embarrassment about how this was so undignified and such. He stilled as Alfred stroked his hair though and sighed softly, eyes fluttering closed to enjoy the sensation of Alfred’s hand in his hair.

He soon ran delicate fingers along his side, touching him more than trying to feel him.

“I miss it, too,” he admitted sadly, looking down at Alfred beneath him. He then settled his head on Alfred’s chest, his cheek pressed against Alfred’s body.

Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 am

Alfred looked a bit sad at that though soon he pulled the other even closer to him so that they would be settled comfortably against each other.

"Yeah..." He let out a soft sigh, just holding him close.

He loved this man so much and...he just didn't want to let him go again. How could he have ever left him in the first place?

How could he even think about leaving back to Florida again? Especially when Arthur was so sad...
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:16 am

“I’m so happy that you’re here,” Arthur told him earnestly, nuzzling Alfred’s chest. He slid one of his hands up along Alfred’s arm, over his bicep and to his shoulder. He felt a lot firmer than before.

“You’ve been working out,” he hummed appreciatively, moving his head so that he could look up at Alfred. He was smiling a little. “You’re not as cuddly as before,” he teased, not really meaning anything by it.

In the back of his mind, he started to wonder if he had hidden his ‘stuff’ well enough. It was scattered around behind books in the bookshelves, so he was pretty sure that Alfred wouldn’t find it but…

He sat up, straddling Alfred and smoothed his hands over the panes of his chest. He wanted to see but he knew Alfred had to eat first..

“You should order your food.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next