Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

2 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Mr. Kirkland Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Who else would love him through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, in a drunken state and stone cold sober? Only Alfred. Alfred was the only one that had never given up on him. Even his own family had never shown him that sort of dedication.

Arthur listened as Alfred continued but his expression became somewhat unreadable.

But only for a few moments. What Arthur did next even surprised himself.

He snatched his hands away from Alfred’s grasp to clutch desperately at his cheeks as he kissed him passionately. He hoped that he could convey all of the pain, love and triumph they had experienced and express all of the worry, old age and death that awaited them. He wanted to be with him. He had never wanted anything more.

“Yes. Yes, you stupid boy. Yes, I’ll marry you,” Arthur was close to tears as he stayed close to Alfred’s face, shaking the other’s head with his hands slightly to prove his point. “I love you. I’ll marry you.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Assistant Jones Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Alfred could hardly care about the people around him at that moment. No...all he could really do was focus on the other.

And then he couldn't help his damned grin. It never seemed to fade and he just kissed Arthur again and again until his mind seemed to swirl from the lack of air.

"Love you so much, Arthur. So...so much."

And he really couldn't stop his trembling as he pulled slightly away so he could reach into his trousers, pulling out the black box that he had been carrying along with him for so long.

He gave a sheepish smile.

"I've....I've been wanting to do this for a while now." He soon opened the box to show the lovely, beautiful diamond ring. He didn't want it too flashy. Flashy didn't suit Arthur. In fact, he chose something simple yet elegant and the diamond seemed to shine so very brightly.

Picking up the ring, he gently grabbed Arthur's hand so he could slip the ring on his finger, his body still shaking with excitement.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Arthur could hear his heartbeat in his head, feel it pulsing as Alfred reached into his pocket. He pursed his lips, looking at Alfred silently for a few moments, admiring the man that was now his fiancé. This seemed like something out of a dream.

He only choked up further at the sight of the ring, knowing that Alfred would have had to have saved up a lot to afford it. He let Alfred take his hand and slide the ring on to his wedding finger (although, in his European mind, it was the other hand but he didn’t want to ruin the moment). He gawked at the ring and its fine details, including the sparkle and shine of the diamond. Although it was somewhat feminine as a ring, Arthur still felt as though it was the most beautiful and precious things that Arthur had ever been given.

There was a small round of applause from a few people around them.

He reached up with his free hand, caressing his cheek with his fingertips in what he hoped was an intimate and affectionate way.

“For how long?” he breathed, still quite overwhelmed.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Alfred could hear his own heartbeat as well and it was just amazing... He never thought he would actually be able to gather up the courage to actually propose to Arthur. There were so many attempts and they always seemed to fail.

But now...now it actually happened and...it was amazing.

Arthur actually said yes. ...They would be married sooner or later. He didn't know when...but they would be married.

He really did save up a lot of his money for this. He knew that the usual rule was two months of his salary but...he wanted more than that. He saved extra just for this. He didn't get the most money from his job and he wanted something that would be almost as lovely as Arthur. It took a lot of time but...he was happy to see the ring finally on Arthur's finger.

"A bit before we visited Virginia..." He murmured softly. "But...I've wanted it for so long now...I can barely remember when I started saving up for it."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 am

So, since July? Around the time of Alfred’s birthday. It actually made Arthur feel all warm and fuzzy at the thought that he’d been able to make Alfred want to marry him, merely with kindness and such. Spoiling Alfred on his birthday had been a good idea then, it seemed.

He just smiled tearily at the other.

“You didn’t have to spend all this money,” he said gently, pecking him on the lips quickly. “But it’s a beautiful ring.” He wound his arms around Alfred’s neck. “I love you so much, Alfred,” he whispered, like he didn’t even want Alfred to hear and know. “I… I never thought that anyone would ever… I never thought that – I thought that I’d be alone all of my life and left to rot when I die but,” he gulped, trying to control himself, “then there’s you. There’s always been you. And I’m so grateful to have you, that you have me. We’re… we’re soulmates, Alfred.”

It was probably partly the alcohol that he’d had, Arthur was trying to reason with himself.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:26 am

It was definitely around his birthday that Alfred started considering the possibility of marrying him. And...he really couldn't believe that he actually went through it. He was going to be marrying this amazing man in front of him...and there was nothing anyone could do to stop them. Not if he could help it.

He just smiled back also, tears stinging at the corners of his eyes.

"I love you too...so much. I know I didn't have to spend it...but I wanted you have the best ring," He murmured softly. He lightly caressed Arthur's back, just smiling all the same as tried to keep control of his excitement.

"I'm always here for you," He whispered softly. "I want to be with you so much..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 am

Arthur didn’t want to act like this. He felt as though he was being totally ridiculous.

He just leaned up and kissed Alfred again, not caring about anyone’s reactions or what they thought. He flung his arms around Alfred’s neck and held on to him tightly. He felt incredible, as though he was having an out-of-body experience. He kissed Alfred once, twice and then again deeply.

“Let’s get out of here?” he suggested, voice soft against Alfred’s lips as the reggae continued in the background.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:50 am

Alfred just wrapped his arms around Arthur's waist, kissing him just as deeply back before pulling away just enough so that he could breathe.

He smiled over at the other. He didn't care how ridiculous they were acting. Everything seemed to be absolutely perfect right then.

And...it just felt amazing that Arthur accepted. To think that when they first met...he thought the man to be a bit stodgy and probably thought that he would never be able to get along with him.

But...now...

Now they were engaged. He could call this man his fiancé.

Alfred just smiled though.

"Yeah...let's go," He murmured softly, grabbing the other's hand so he could pull him away from the dance floor. Putting some money on the table, he quickly hurried out of the restaurant.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:05 am

Arthur wanted to put some money towards the bill but Alfred had already done it. Arthur made a mental note to pay for whatever they did next. He was also aware that he was probably going to have to be the main financial provider for the next few months until Alfred’s finances were balanced again. He’d just have to work harder and longer.

He held Alfred’s hands, enjoying the closeness between them as they left the restaurant.

The house in the suburbs with a rose garden didn’t seem so far off, after all. Maybe it really would be possible for them?

“Let’s walk back along the beach,” Arthur suggested. The sun had almost totally set and he was pretty certain that there wouldn’t be anyone obnoxious around to bully them.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 am

Alfred didn't want Arthur to work especially hard for the both of them. He knew that he would have to make a few cutbacks but it shouldn't be all that bad. Not that much of a change actually considering that he hadn't used any of that money before. And he had been learning how to save more in terms with himself. He didn't want Arthur to stress himself because he bought him a nice ring.

Instead he just squeezed the other's hand lightly, smiling. There were so many possibilities...

He wondered where they would be in the future.

Once they were married....

"Yeah..." He murmured softly, heading towards the beach and finally walking along it. It was slowly becoming dark.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:35 am

Would they marry in the spring? In the summer? Winter? When the leaves began to turn orange? Arthur wasn’t sure that he’d want to wait an entire year, but they would have to see. He wondered if any of his family would come.

Arthur interlaced his fingers with Alfred’s, not feeling the need to say as a word as they strolled, hand in hand, along the beach. The scene was so lovely that even Arthur’s craving for cigarettes ceased for a few moments. He leaned against Alfred a little as they walked.

The world was perfect and there was only the two of them, now due to be wed.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:39 am

Alfred wondered about all the different possibilities that were set out for them. What their wedding would be like, who they were going to invite and so much more. Would they still live in the same flat afterwards or would they go out into the suburbs? Would they move to a different state? To a different country?

There were so many possibilities and he couldn't possibly wrap his head around all of them.

Alfred just leant close to the other, smiling at him lovingly as he walked along.

Fiancé...huh?

It was a nice term. He couldn't wait until he could call Arthur his husband.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:38 am

Arthur was enjoying the tranquility of their environment and the gradual fade of the music from the restaurant. He was so in love, so lost in the beauty of this moment, how wonderful their holiday had been so far.

But Alfred's hand was unbearably bare.

"What about you? Do you not need a ring, as well? Taken territory and all that?" he mused a little, though he was serious as he nuzzled his shoulder.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 am

Alfred just laughed softly and he looked over at Arthur, squeezing the other's hand slightly.

"Well, you would need to propose to me for that, yeah?" He reasoned with a small smile. "It's usually the wedding bands that come together plus..." He scratched the back of his head somewhat sheepishly.

"I couldn't really afford another band for myself just yet."

It wasn't any secret that he was somewhat lacking in money and that he needed Arthur's help but he still never liked to admit it. Despite that, he just shot the other a smile.

"We can go shopping together for the wedding bands we want."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

Arthur frowned a little in thought, looking down at the sand. Should he have predicted this? Should he have bought a ring and done just what Alfred did? He didn’t like Alfred spending so much when they both knew perfectly well that he couldn’t afford it.

“Right, well, we’re going to do this properly.”

Arthur took a few steps forwards, marching a little ahead. Then he dropped down on to one knee in front of him.

He really hoped that no one was around… and that Alfred wouldn’t walk into him.

Arthur grabbed Alfred’s hand and looked up at him, trying his best not to blush awkwardly.

“Alfred Franklin Jones,” he said slowly, trying to keep his voice gentle but serious. But as he looked up at Alfred, his gaze began to soften naturally anyway. He kissed Alfred’s knuckles. “Will you marry me? I don’t have a ring but I’d like to at least return the sentiment… I love you more than I ever thought would have been possible to love anyone and I want you to know that. I will always love you, no matter what I say or do. You’re the only one for me.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:30 am

Alfred looked a bit confused and he watched as Arthur marched a bit ahead of him and seeing him get down on his knees, he immediately stopped in his tracks. He felt his breath hitch in his throat and...well...he never expected it.

At all.

He really shouldn't have been as touched as he was but he couldn't help himself. Even though they were already engaged...Arthur..he was proposing to him. It just showed how serious he was about this as well.

Feeling a shaky smile spread on his lips, his eyes softened and he gripped Arthur's hand a bit tighter.

"Of...Of course I will, Arthur... Of course! Yes!" He could feel his voice crack.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 am

Arthur allowed himself to smile goofily for a few moments before he got up and placed his hands on Alfred's waist, giving him a look of love.

He just leaned forwards and pressed his forehead to Alfred's, closing his eyes as he relaxed in the other's close proximity and his presence. This was perfect. Absolutely perfect. He wouldn't change a single thing about the last few hours... apart from the sand on his knee and his craving for cigarettes. The sea was lapping against the beach calmly in the background and the night sky was lit up with stars, the dimming sunlight visible just on the line of the horizon. It was peaceful, intimate. Even the sound of the restaurant getting more lively in the distance wasn't dampening the atmosphere.

"You know," Arthur spoke up after a while, sounding a bit amused, "I would offer to give you a blowjob on the beach but that shag you were promising me earlier sounds much better for my knees." He knew he'd ruined the moment, but he had to break the silence somehow. "The tide might come in, too."

He kissed Alfred for a long moment.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:18 am

Alfred just smiled right back, absolutely happy. He was just...completely and utterly happy with this other man.

His fiancé now. Gently moving his thumb along the other's cheek, he couldn't help but laugh a bit, eyes filled with love.

It was getting darker now and despite the dark creeping in, the air still felt lovely and warm or maybe that was just the blood rushing through his veins.

"Oh? A shag?" He asked with an amused tone. "Depends, how patient are you?"

But soon he leant forward to kiss the other back for a long moment.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 am

"I can be as patient as you'd like me to be, my love," Arthur pulled away from the kiss with a gentle sigh. Everything about today had been wonderful. He tugged at Alfred's belt loops, hooking his fingers through them. "We could always head for a bar, or just have an evening stroll?" Maybe learn more about one another?

Arthur was still very aware that although they knew each other well, they didn't really know each other. For example, Alfred didn't know about Arthur's eleventh birthday when he had a birthday party for himself in the woods with his imaginary friends, or about some hilarious story of Alfred's years in university, Arthur's (extremely brief) dabble in a university band.

"Or we can fuck. Your choice." He smirked somewhat.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

Alfred just laughed a bit and he smiled over at the other. "Well...how about we go for that evening stroll first?" He offered with a small cheerfulness in his tone. He leaned closer.

"And when we're near the hotel, depending on if we're patient enough to wait to actually get to our room or not, then we'll fuck."

Because he wanted to learn more about the other.

But at the same time, he also wanted to have a fuck.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 am

Arthur nodded, reaching for the other's hand.

"I'd like that," he said honestly, a little quieter. As much as he enjoying being physically intimate with Alfred, just spending quality time together was good as well. "But let's keep away from the water." He didn't want to get wet and he'd seen Jaws enough times to know to stay away from water at night.

"So... what do you want to talk about?" Aside from the fact that they were now engaged, which gave Arthur butterflies every time he thought about it.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 am

Alfred was more than happy to grab the other's hand and lightly squeeze it. He wasn't nearly intimidated as Arthur about being near the water at night time but he decided not to really think about it. As long as he was with the other, then he was perfectly fine.

More than fine actually.

Much more than fine.

Laughing a bit, he started to walk along the beach, humming to himself.

"I don't know actually...but I've been thinking a lot about the possibilities. About what our house would look like...maybe a dog or a cat or something..." He couldn't help but smile to himself. "Kinda silly, huh?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am

Arthur smiled warmly, interlacing their fingers.

"Not at all. Well, maybe it was a little ambitious at first, but now that we're getting married," his stomach felt like it was doing backflips, "it's fine. We have to think about our future." He paused. "We can start saving for a house in the suburbs, be a proper domestic couple."

He'd never thought that he'd like that idea, let alone have it be a possibility.

"Must we get a pet?" It would steal all of Alfred's attention, he just knew it. He wouldn't prevent Alfred from having one, if he was desperate but Arthur hadn't ever had a pet before. He didn't know what was involved care-wise.

"We should, um, maybe start..." he wasn't particularly sure how to bring it up. He'd mentioned a few times, briefly, that Alfred should either try and go for a higher position at Chouchoute or find something better paid. They couldn't survive on Arthur's finances alone (though they were relatively well-off just with Arthur's salary and all of the bonuses he'd gotten from working overtime and going on business trips).

"You should find a new job, Alfred."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 am

Alfred squeezed Arthur's hand lightly and he just smiled warmly back at him.

"A house in the suburbs...huh..." He murmured softly. "Sounds kinda 1950s to me but you know what...I don't think I mind that at all." He laughed sheepishly.

Just to think that he would be able to get his own house with Arthur.

He barked out a laugh.

"Of course we do! It might be a bit scary at first trying to think of how to take care of one but I'm sure you'll love our future pet as much as I do.

Despite his cheerfulness, it seemed to deter somewhat at the mention of him finding a new job. He knew that he had to...he definitely knew. But...he liked being close to the other and it wasn't like there were all that many chances over there in New York for what he majored in. There were a few chances but they were highly competitive. Yet...he didn't know how to say it.

"I..." He dragged off softly. "...I got a job offer a bit before we had that fight." He swallowed thickly. "...in Florida."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 am

"Considering that I've lived in a big house all of my life, I'd like something to tone it down with. Though I must insist that we have a big garden."

Arthur just grumbled at the mention of the pet. He fell silent when Alfred delivered the news though. He wasn't quite sure how to react. It was a good thing. A really good thing. But Arthur had mixed feelings towards it.

Alfred hadn't told him about it, that was probably what bothered him the most. Why would he not say that he'd been applying for jobs in Florida? Clearly, Alfred had been thinking about Arthur being in his life, so had he just expected Arthur to drop his career and go with him? What was there that he could do in Florida, other than suffer from the heat? Arthur had a contract with Chouchoute. He couldn't just leave.

"Oh..." was what he ended up saying. "Well... well done," he tried to smile for Alfred. "What's the job?"
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next