Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

2 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 am

Alfred frowned at that and he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I had originally applied for jobs in New York City and at the time, I was really desperate for a better job. Well...before we moved in together and got closer with each other. But they said they had no room for me in New York and so they asked if I wanted to try down in Florida where the opportunities were much better. So I agreed and well...it was only recently that a spot opened down in Florida and they gave me a job offer."

He gave a hesitant smile though he looked somewhat discouraged. "But I didn't want to take it when I first got it because I was with you...and I didn't want you to just drop your job."

He swallowed.

"...An aerospace engineer."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Part 4

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Arthur frowned a little. He didn't like it when Alfred read his mind like that, unless he was babbling. Which was equally irritating. All traces of a smile left his face as he looked straight ahead, although he still held Alfred's hand.

"I can't just drop my job. It's not just a job for me. It's my career." He tried not to sound frustrated but it was seeping through into his voice. "I have a contract that I have to follow to conclusion."

His throat went dry as he heard the job title. He looked across to his fiancé, looking at him (a little) sadly.

"That's what you really want to do, isn't it? That's... that's one of your dream jobs." He looked ahead again. He wasn't really sure what to say.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Alfred looked over at Arthur for a long moment and he knew that it was stressing him out. He particularly didn't want Arthur to drop his career or anything like that...because then Arthur wouldn't have a job and then they would just be back at step one.

He went over to grab both of Arthur's hands, squeezing them lightly.

"Arthur...don't worry," He whispered softly. He gave him a small smile. "I...I'll find a job in New York...all right? Or at least nearby New York City. Or in DC! It might be a bit of a drive each time but I'll be earning enough money..."

"There...there should be jobs that I want to do there also..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:20 pm

"Stop trying to be the hero!" Arthur shouted, although he hadn't really meant to. He flushed and looked away. "Don't be ridiculous," he murmured. "I'm happy for you. I want you to take this job, you won't find something like this again for a long time. I mean, if it's taken them over a year to find you a space, then who knows how long it will be next time." He swallowed thickly.

"I want you to accept the job," he said slowly, sounding even uncertain of himself. "We're engaged now so we know that we're serious about each other." Not that they weren't before. The relationship had moved and progressed so, so quickly. They'd not even been together for six months when Arthur moved in with him (though not through normal circumstances).

"I'll have to stay in New York until my contract ends with Chouchoute in a year and a half. I'll move down to Florida when my contract completes." It was going to be difficult. He wasn't sure that he'd be able to handle the separation, despite the inevitable visits to one another.

"I-I... let's not talk about this. I was so happy. I don't want to spoil today. But you're taking the job and that's final. I'll figure out what I'm going to do in my own time."

It really had killed his mood.

"Any other bombshells that you want to drop, whilst we're at it?"
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Alfred had visible flinched when Arthur shouted and he quietly pulled his hands away.

He really wanted the job in Florida but at the same time...he loved it in New York City and...what about the separation? What would Arthur do after he got out of his contract?

But it didn't seem like the other gave him much of a choice anymore. They were at least both earning some money in the position they were in right now and well...he could have at least tried going for a promotion or something like that within Chouchoute.

Biting his lip, he shook his head.

"There's nothing else..." He murmured softly.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Arthur made a face, kind of angry that Alfred had told him on the first full day of their holiday. He'd been so relaxed and laid back before but now he would be worrying about this for the rest of the holiday. Well, it made him want more photographs, at least. He didn't want to be separated from Alfred. He would miss him unbearably and probably fall back into his old habits of not eating and smoking twenty cigarettes a day. And... hopefully not drugs.

There were times when Arthur looked back to the months he'd spent, eternally high or suffering from withdrawals. The highs always felt so good, sometimes better than sex. It made him not care about anything, and he finished some of his exams faster than everyone else as a result. The drugs made him work faster. He'd always wanted to start sniffing rather than eat. But coming down was the worst. And the addiction. There were times when he'd made Francis tie him to the bed, just so that he couldn't do it anymore. It was like something out of Trainspotting about 80% of the time.

Drugs had taken over his life. He hoped that he'd be able to avoid them now he was older, though he did still sometimes feel the craving for it. Not that Alfred knew. Like most things about Arthur, it wasn't in public knowledge.

"Good," he mumbled and walked on ahead, putting his hands in his pockets. He didn't get far though. His chest felt tight as he turned around to face Alfred again, a little more confrontational this time.

"You should have told me. You should have told me about this, Alfred."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Alfred quietly looked over at Arthur, looking rather weary and he sighed.

"...Well we fought the day that I was going to tell you," He murmured softly. He bit his lip. "But after we made up, I didn't want to get into another fight about all of this. I...was still really scared that our relationship would become a mess again."

He really, really didn't want that to happen. And he was a bit nervous now though Arthur accepted his engagement.

But still...

What if something bad happened while they were separated?

"I just...I wasn't going to accept it. That's why I didn't say anything about it. I...just wanted to try getting a higher position in the company so I could get us more money..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 pm

It seemed that Arthur was always the one to start an argument.

"Our relationship wasn't and isn't a mess. I was just pissed off with you because we spend so much time together and we hadn't had sex for a long time. It was bound to come up in an argument. We needed to fight and we didn't - which isn't healthy. We have to fight, otherwise things just get bottled up like last time." Even though they made up again the very next day.

"Alfred," he sighed, "I want to do what makes you happy. Being a corporate drone all of your life isn't going to make you happy. You trained to do this and you need to do it otherwise all of the time and money you invested in learning are totally and utterly pointless. I want you to live a full and happy life, whether it's in New York or bloody Florida."

Arthur was quiet for a few moments.

"Don't do what I did. Live your dream before you're too old. I'm twenty eight," he hadn't celebrated his birthday and Alfred probably hadn't realised that Arthur actually was older than he was when they first met, "and it's too late for me to change my path now. Please, please don't do that."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Alfred hesitated at that and he sighed, swallowing thickly before he finally slumped a bit. He didn't want to really let go of this job opportunity but he also didn't want to be away from Arthur.

Despite the fact that they fought because they were always together...it didn't mean that he wanted to nearly completely pull away from him.

"But what are you going to do once you get to Florida?" He asked softly. "I mean...you're probably going to be miserable there or something. It's so hot down there and there's a lot of storms also all the time."

He knew how Arthur reacted when they had that storm in Virginia. Florida was just ten times worse.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Arthur sighed heavily, running his fingers back through his hair. "I... I really don't know, Alfred. But that's not important, is it? I want to be with you and even if that meant walking on glass for the rest of eternity, I would do it. As much as I'm proud, I really, really love you. If that means living somewhere with storms, then so be it. You'd protect me. And I'll get used to the heat. Better than British weather any day."

He currently felt horrible, suddenly incredibly aware of how his shirt was clinging to him uncomfortably in the heat and the heat bubbling inside him as he tried to come to terms with all of this.

"I don't care about any of that, Alfred. I just want you to be happy. I couldn't give a fuck about how I feel. I will have been through worse."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Alfred hesitated and he tried to find something that would possibly cheer up the other.

Absolutely anything. Though it was hard. ...He wanted to make this the perfect night but of course he had to make mention. Fuck...he was so dumb.

He swallowed and shifted around.

"Well...you said you always had wanted to write some children's books...right? Maybe...you can do that there..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

"And martians actually exist," Arthur deadpanned. "That's not something that I can just... do, Alfred. I have savings, but not enough to support myself or you for a lengthy amount of time. I would need to work at the same time. I'd go mad just writing all day long whilst you were out earning money."

He folded his arms across his chest.

"Look, I just... I need some time on my own. I'll meet you back at the hotel in an hour." And Arthur turned to leave the beach.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Alfred just sighed and watched as Arthur left. Feeling the empty box in his pocket, he couldn't help but groan to himself. He really did fuck things up.

Though he wasn't all that surprised. After all, he always fucked things up somehow or another. And suddenly he knew that the rest of the vacation would be messed up.

He wanted this to be the perfect night and he just completely and utterly messed that up.

So he soon headed towards the hotel, not really in the mood to do anything except of sleeping. After changing out of his clothes, he simply curled up on the bed and closed his eyes, feeling miserable despite their engagement. Shouldn't he be happy...?
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Arthur had found himself a bar to sit at (though he was only drinking fruit juice because he needed to be able to think) and was contemplating the ring on his finger. He loved Alfred and was so, so happy at the thought that they would get married and start a life together - though they already had, more or less. They'd buy a house, (unfortunately) get a pet, have a garden, grow old together... it was just so idyllic. They could do that in Florida, if that's what they had to do. It wasn't the worst place to live, it was beautiful. It would be like being on a permanent holiday.

But what would Arthur do in Florida? He could write, yes. But he didn't know anything about publishers in the US, nor did he know if Chouchoute or any other major business had an office down there.

Well, Alfred was definitely going, whether Arthur was or not. They'd just have to visit each other once a month and do alternate trips, or something. They had the internet (although Arthur would need to buy a computer) and phones, so they wouldn't be totally cut off from one another. He was sure that they could do it, if they really tried.

Arthur came back when he said that he would and saw Alfred curled up in bed. He immediately began to feel guilty for reacting horribly. He just felt insecure about their relationship. They'd get used to the distance but fuck was it bothering him that Alfred didn't seem to care that they knew nothing about each other. Arthur had never wanted to talk about his past with anyone before, but he wanted Alfred to know everything and for him to know everything about Alfred (whilst leaving some mystery in the relationship, of course).

Arthur stripped himself of his clothes, though left on his boxers as he pulled on some pyjama bottoms. He felt like it was too hot to put on a shirt.

He carefully climbed on to the bed, kneeling beside Alfred. He watched him for a few moments and then sighed, reaching out to gentle shake him awake.

"Alfred, we need to talk."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Alfred definitely did care about Arthur...he definitely cared about what he knew about him and what he didn't. He wanted to know more about the other but...he didn't want to pry into sensitive places. He wanted to know so much but there seemed to be so many bad spots...he was scared that he would hit something wrong and they would get into a fight.

He had hoped that Arthur would at least tell him a few things but...it seemed as if he would actually have to ask and pry in that kind of information himself.

It made Alfred worry a bit but he didn't want to think too much on it.

He fell asleep rather quickly after he laid on the bed but soon he was woken up by the other. Rubbing his eyes, he looked up at Arthur and nodded before sitting up.

"All right..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm

"Firstly," Arthur said and then leaned across to the other, kissing him on the cheek. "I overreacted earlier. It was just a shock and we'll... deal with it when we get home but, um..." he moved so that he was sitting cross-legged on the bed.

He drew in a deep breath.

"I've realised that we don't know anything about each other and, recently, it's been bothering me a lot." At least he was being honest. He held the other's bleary gaze.

"When's my birthday, Alfred?" he asked slowly.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Alfred slowly nodded, sleep still somewhat muddling his mind though he was glad that Arthur had calmed down somewhat. He had also. He really needed that sleep though he still didn't really want to talk about it. It wasn't all that pleasant of a subject.

Though soon his eyes widened at the mention of Arthur's birthday and he swallowed thickly.

It made him feel horrible again.

How could he have honestly asked Arthur to marry him when he didn't even know his lover's birthday...?

"I...I don't know..." He murmured softly.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Arthur sighed a little but nodded.

"This is precisely what I mean." He touched Alfred's chin gently with his fingertips before caressing his jaw slowly. "For future reference, my birthday's on the 23rd of April. I don't really care that we didn't celebrate it and if you dare try to throw me a thirtieth birthday party in two years time, you won't live to see the light of day." Arthur didn't like to remind himself of just how much of his life he'd wasted.

"We need to share stories with each other, get to know each other, aside from the people that we are now. I want to know what it was like for Alfred F. Jones on the American football team, who his first celebrity crush was, his first memory, birthday parties, broken bones, just whatever. I want to know all of these things about you and I want you to know them about me. Whilst leaving out all the boring bits that no one needs to hear, obviously. Don't want to hear any herpes stories, thank you," he teased Alfred, trying to lighten the mood a bit. But what he was really saying was that he didn't want to delve too much into anything sensitive.

"So..." he lay down on the bed and motioned for Alfred to lie back down. "What stuff did you do as a child?" he wasn't really sure where he was going with this at all, he just wanted substance to their relationship.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Alfred just quietly watched Arthur for a moment before finally giving in somewhat, smiling a bit at him.

"I see..." He murmured softly, making sure to keep note of Arthur's birthday. It seemed easy enough to remember.

"I...I agree..." He whispered softly. "I want to know more about you as well." That was all he said before he finally laid back with Arthur, looking over at his lover for along moment. He gently caressed his back, sighing softly as he felt the familiar body.

"Well, when I was a child, I really, really enjoyed looking at the stars with Matthew. We would always grab our telescope and hurry out onto one of those hills that you saw near the house in Virginia. The sky was just so beautiful. I was a bit...overweight...back then so I used to struggle with a lot of sports but I still loved doing them, you know. It was comforting...especially baseball. Though I wasn't all that great at it first."

He smiled to himself at the thought of it.

"I also used to grab dragonflies and grab string and tie the string on them. So when I finally tied it on enough dragonflies, I would just watch them buzz about. ...How about you?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Arthur was glad that they could deal with this maturely and actually pretend to be adults for five minutes. He relaxed under the other's loving touch, a faint smile on his lips. And to think that there was a time when Arthur would have hated the thought of Alfred being able to see his scars. Now, Arthur didn't even think about it.

He could imagine both Alfred and Matthew out on those hills, childishly giggling with one another and sharing secrets as they watched the night sky. With a telescope, it must have been pretty amazing. As Alfred mentioned his weight, Arthur brushed the other's hair back from his face, tenderly.

He scoffed at the mention of what Alfred used to do to dragonflies.

"Cruel child," he joked. "I wasn't like that as a child. I, um... I used to have tea parties," he blushed. "With my toys and imaginary friends in the back garden. Bevan tried to play a few times, but I never let him. He would've just told Andrew and I'd never live it down."

He was also smiling a little as he began to reminisce.

"I used to run around in the woods behind the house we lived in, in Winchester and pretend that I was a knight. I used to climb trees and run around with a toy bow and arrow. It really got on my mother's nerves. I used to shoot her in the arse when she was cooking," Arthur looked particularly pleased with himself for a few moments.

"I spent a lot of time on my own, but I was happy to do it."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Alfred laughed at that, his eyes a bit bright as he listened to Arthur.

Honestly, if he had first met the man, he would have never expected that he would have done something like that. But now that he knew him...very well in fact...he could see him actually doing those things.

He couldn't help but snort at the thought of Arthur shooting arrows at his mother's butt. It was quite an amusing thought. Though maybe he just got some satisfaction from the fact that he wasn't all that fond of Arthur's mother.

"That reminds me of when I tried to always pretend to be a superhero. I would always tie my superman blanket around my neck so it could be my cape and I would just jump from couch to couch pretending that I could fly."

"We also went camping a whole lot. It...it was a good childhood despite a few things like my weight."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Arthur just smiled more at Alfred's laughter, feeling even more satisfied with his deeds as a child. Got him whacked a couple of times, but hearing Alfred's laughter made it worth it.

He chuckled a little. "That explains the hero complex," he teased.

Arthur shifted closer and pecked him quickly on the lips.

"I've never really been camping before. I think I went when I was at university but, um, honestly, I was too out of it to really remember." He kissed him again. "Your weight isn't a problem. Children are cruel, horrible creatures. I was bullied, too. I understand."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Alfred was already feeling a bit lighter in his chest and he just smiled, leaning forward to peck the other back on the lips.

"Well, I gotta admit that I do have quite the hero complex."

He hummed and nodded in understanding. He knew what Arthur meant by that and he didn't want to pry more into that.

He sighed softly though he wasn't really hurt at the memories anymore.

"Mm...they definitely are. I've gotten over all the bullying and I know I can fend for myself. But I'm still glad I lost a lot of it." He ran his hand over his own stomach, feeling how much it had changed.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 pm

"You're an Adonis in human form," Arthur agreed quietly. It still amazed Arthur that he'd ever managed to get together with someone as attractive as Alfred. He was really quite something. He trailed his hand down from Alfred's hair, along his spine and then over his ribs to his stomach, enjoying the feel of Alfred's silky smooth skin. It was always so buffed to perfection, he didn't think he'd ever seen Alfred looking scruffy bodywise.

"Well... I'm glad that I'm not just skin and bones anymore. Look at that muscle," he pointed to his bicep. It wasn't much of a muscle, but it was there. "Bloody chuffed with that, I am."

Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Alfred rolled his eyes playfully though he did appreciate the sentiment. He really, really did.

"I think that's a bit of an exaggeration there but...I didn't use to be such an 'Adonis'," He murmured though he couldn't help but lean forward to kiss the other man for just a few brief seconds.

He was more than happy to lean against the hand that was feeling along his body.

He observed Arthur's bicep and he barked out a choked laugh.

"Very handsome right there."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next